Installation order help (searched LL forums already)

speckledsnake

I've been gone from Skyrim forever. I'm starting over now, I have a fresh install and am fumbling my way through MO (used to use NMM). I wanted to try CBPE, for the physics and bodyslide, but I've chickened out, and will be sticking with UNP. I've searched here, over there, and on google, trying to find something more comprehensive than bits of related content or other peoples' troubleshooting. I will give someone the deed to my house for 5 minutes of their time.

I just need to know the safest practice (via MO), for installing [[EDIT - I will also happily be directed to a comprehensive guide, if someone knows of one]]:

XP32 (or whatever is the most-compatible skeleton for UNPetite and Sexlab Framework)

FNIS

Dual Sheath Redux

Momo/idols/etc (I assume all of these would be in one span)

UNPetite

Enhanced Character Edit (or RaceMenu, if it at this point has as much control over facial tweaking as ECE had - I'm very open to recommendations)

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

(Anything that would give me some physics-boob-bouncing for UNPetite [or UNP Skinny] without a huge headache - I have limited time to try to learn this stuff and so can only focus on pretty simplistic stuff right now. I have the impression physics is a no-go with UNP/UNPetite, and is a rather complicated ordeal to get up and running anyway.)

I know similar questions have been posted here a million times. I found them in the searches. I also found conflicting responses, and, most of the questions were quite old, so I'm not certain the fragmented information I could find is still relevant.

Thanks for any help at all.

For MO there should be plenty of video guides, i think it has already replaced NMM as most used mod manager.

RaceMenu instead of ECE for sure.

And HDT Physics Extension is easy to get the basics going. You just need any TBBP body (preferrably real HDT versions), XPMS Extended v2.0+ skeleton, and the HDT PE 14.28 base mod.

With all the above installed, the game does everything by itself so you don't need special animations or anything else. Just crouch / stand up and behold the bounce.

Things like HDT collision and finetuned .xml files are stuff you can get later.

For MO there should be plenty of video guides, i think it has already replaced NMM as most used mod manager.

And HDT Physics Extension is easy to get the basics going. You just need any TBBP body (preferrably real HDT versions), XPMS Extended v2.0+ skeleton, and the HDT PE 14.28 base mod.

With all the above installed, the game does everything by itself so you don't need special animations or anything else. Just crouch / stand up and behold the bounce.

The problem I'm having is, I can find videos for installing XP32, or FNIS, or whatever - but I can't find anything that says "first install this, then install this, then stop and run FNIS, then run this, then LOOT, then Wrye Bash, then install this, then FNIS again," etc. Most of the videos (even the beginning ones) operate with the pretense of some existing knowledge, even if they don't believe they do.

Is this and this what you are referring to?

No idea about the HDT versions of UNP bodies because i only use CBBE HDT v3.3 with Bodyslide 2.

If it says HDT i would assume it is fully enabled for HDT.

And yes that's the official HDT Pe 14.28 link, same version as here on LL.

The really wonderful thing about MO is that it really doesn't matter what order you install things most of the time. MO keeps all the installed files separate from each other, only another program, like PerMa's patcher, run through MO will ever alter an existing file. So install in which ever order you wish! The important part is the priority you assign the mods after you install them. If two mods would add the same file, the lower of the two (in the left hand panel) "overwrites" the higher one, that is to say MO will load the lower copy of the file and ignore the higher ones. And MO will actually tell you when you should change that priority so that the "overwriting" matches your load order. Just remember to run LOOT so the load order is right.

Oh, and with FNIS, you need to run it every time you add or remove a mod that changes animations, and then right click on the "Overwrite" group at the bottom of the left hand panel, select the "create mod" option, and name it whatever is appropriate. On later uses you can double click the "Overwrite" group, and just drag the files in it to the mod you created earlier.

Afraid I can't really help you with the other files you mentioned, but Guk's advice seems to be spot on. Good luck!

UHHHHMAZING.

Just got this set up and working correctly.

Fantastic. Thanks for the recommendation!

Archived