I love the Idea really, but why would i use a potion with the same stats as the counter (novice, apprentice, normal, expert, master or archmage) clothed counterparts!? I wouldn't Now If the potions would make a big (read better) difference towards the clothed counterparts I'd say I WANT it... but now... not so... Novice 100 mag regen, 50% less spell use... apprentice: 125% magicka regen and 60% less spell, ---> master 250% magicka regen, 90% less spell use, 50% stronger spell.... that idea would make it awesome, and for the archmage robe potion I was thinking like this: 300% magicka regen, 500 magicka, 75% less all spells use, 50% all stronger spells and 50% resistance to fire and ice.

I love the Idea really, but why would i use a potion with the same stats as the counter (novice, apprentice, normal, expert, master or archmage) clothed counterparts!? I wouldn't Now If the potions would make a big (read better) difference towards the clothed counterparts I'd say I WANT it... but now... not so... Novice 100 mag regen, 50% less spell use... apprentice: 125% magicka regen and 60% less spell, ---> master 250% magicka regen, 90% less spell use, 50% stronger spell.... that idea would make it awesome, and for the archmage robe potion I was thinking like this: 300% magicka regen, 500 magicka, 75% less all spells use, 50% all stronger spells and 50% resistance to fire and ice.

Its aimed at mods where you can not wear clothing or armour or anything covering slot 32, in that case it does not matter how good the normal robes are, you can not wear them.

There are also or at least were a couple of mods where you could not wear anything flagged as clothing or armour period, wearing anything with those flags, which included, boots and gloves did a damage over time to your health, and yes if left long enough would kill the character.

Its aimed at mods where you can not wear clothing or armour or anything covering slot 32, in that case it does not matter how good the normal robes are, you can not wear them.

There are also or at least were a couple of mods where you could not wear anything flagged as clothing or armour period, wearing anything with those flags, which included, boots and gloves did a damage over time to your health, and yes if left long enough would kill the character.

I only would like to use naked mage.. and since this particular mod doesn't have any negative effects on health or whatever... it seems to me a bit useless when the traditional wear gives the same stats... would you use and make an potion that gives the same effects as certain clothing?? I think not...

No, you don't love the idea because what you're complaining about what the mod actually does; it adds 'ointments' that duplicate the magical effects of the vanilla mage robes.  If you read the mod description you would know that's ALL the mod does...play naked but get the mage robes effects.

WHY would I apply a penalty to the player for using the mod's contents when the vanilla robes don't apply a penalty?  What you prefer doesn't make any goddamned sense.  You're complaining just for the sake of complaining and that makes people less inclined to listen to you or take you seriously.

I only would like to use naked mage.. and since this particular mod doesn't have any negative effects on health or whatever... it seems to me a bit useless when the traditional wear gives the same stats... would you use and make an potion that gives the same effects as certain clothing?? I think not...

That buzzing noise was the point going over your head. This mod does not need to have penalties because other mods do. Some people also just want a way to play a naked character or one nearly so, or use an appearance mod to look like something else that uses the main torso slot. I've bolded the part you missed:

Now, you could argue that if you have a mod that doesn't let you wear clothing, is a mod that lets you get all the benefits anyway a cheat? Well, that's the beauty of a single player game.. you can do whatever you want and it doesn't affect anyone else.  Ten ring mod? OK. Free ebony for a new character? Go for it. A mod that does damage if you wear anything but jewelry and then lets you put 5 of any enchantment on all 10 rings? If that floats your boat, do it. But that's just your game.  There are dozens of mods on this site that do things you won't need or may not make sense to you. I guess this is just one more.

I really like the concept of this mod but unfortunately this isn't compatible with most perk mods out there because they usually remove those annoying novice/apprentice/adept/expert/master perks.

Instead of checking if they have the perk, you should check if they're high enough level (0/25/50/75/100) to make it compatible with every mod.

this is something ive been looking for, thank you for making it. one request/question: is there a patch for Ordinator or Perkus Maximus? these alter the perk trees, so the various core levels may not be there (novice, adept, etc.)

i am primarily interested in an Ordinator patch.

If either of you have the CreationKit, you could open the mod and remove the requirement for the perk. You'd just have to discipline yourself so you don't cheat and use one before you should... or change the spell property to grant an extra 100 mana or reduce the costs another 20% :angel:

The mod isn't a 'cheat' anyway.  If one of the vanilla mage robes cost 5000gp then the ingredients in my recipes cost about the same.  Even more so, no mechants will buy the ointments.  Even more so again, the ointments can't be made unless the player has the required skill level and associated perk.  Vanilla game robes don't have that restriction.

• 2 months later...

So I'm not sure if you answered this before (sorry if you did in a previous post), but the recipes aren't appearing when I go to a smelter or cooking pot. I'm using Ordinator, so the level (novice, apprentice, etc.) isn't really that clear. 

You cannot craft the naked mages unless you have both the base note book and the desired recipe in your inventory.

You need two items, plus the ingredients for the recipe to show up (well not sure on the ingredients) but if you other crafting overhaul mods that might be the case anyway. I am not sure, but the recipes might not show up unless you have the relevant perk and if Ord changes that enough you might not see them at all.

I don't remember enough how this mod works and I haven't used Ord at all. I suppose you could always use a mod like AddItemMenu or console the mage lotion but only after you have purchased or found the coresponding robes and stored them in a chest so you're not overpowered.  That or play your game your way and cheat like mad.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for sharing your work, I've been using this mod for years and I love it. I have a question: Is there a way to make a particular outfit to work with the oinments? I would like it to work with "Dibella's whore jewelry", from "Sisterhood of Dibella" and "Aradia's Living Armor". I'm guessing I can add som keyword in the CK, but I don't know. Thanks for your help.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I love the concept of this mod, but I have a question! Does this mean if the player is wearing boots or gloves, that the enchantment won't take place? I checked in TES5Edit and it seems to be that the enchantments only seem affected by a cuirass being equipped. Just wanted to confirm! Probably still gonna use it either way. :P

2 hours ago, Serendipitous Aria said:

I love the concept of this mod, but I have a question! Does this mean if the player is wearing boots or gloves, that the enchantment won't take place? I checked in TES5Edit and it seems to be that the enchantments only seem affected by a cuirass being equipped. Just wanted to confirm! Probably still gonna use it either way. :P

From what I remember you can use boots and gloves no problem, jewellery as well is fine, just no slot 32 item, or any item that includes slot 32.

• 4 weeks later...

So I have been trying to use this mod. I can craft the corundum and silver in the smelter but cant seem to get further. looking in the TES5Edit I think I found out why I am having Incompatibility Issues.

I play with a magic overhaul that gets rid of the novice apprentice adept... level perks. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68587

There may also be a incompatibility with the way I have Charmers of the Reach installed. Each race is called 'Bretton DZ' 'Nord DZ' ect.

Hope this is in some way helpful.

Let me know if you get a workaround or fix for it. I am not really willing to loose the cool magic and better magic perk trees.

• 2 months later...