• 7 months later...

I have to say that for someone who claims often they don't care about the lore of games... the notes on the naked mage and general lore stuff around that was written really great. Excellent work on this one K2!

Well the mod had to make some sort of sense.  Poor Zed pumped a lot of research into a failed project, or at least that's how I wanted to present it. :P

I just pulled down the More Mages add-on and while I noticed that you fixed the typo in the Master Destruction recipe, you still have duplicate Adept Restoration scrolls (one is actually Expert). You can see them in the inventory screenshot you attached to post #47 above (first two items on the list). The "Expert" one functions properly at expert level, is priced correctly and even contains the correct text, it's just the title that is confusing.

I just pulled down the More Mages add-on and while I noticed that you fixed the typo in the Master Destruction recipe, you still have duplicate Adept Restoration scrolls (one is actually Expert). You can see them in the inventory screenshot you attached to post #47 above (first two items on the list). The "Expert" one functions properly at expert level, is priced correctly and even contains the correct text, it's just the title that is confusing.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I just updated the mod.

I have created a plug that empties the clothing outfits (merchant, farmer, etc.) so all of the "civilian" npc's are naked.  the only reason my mages are clothed is because of the magic effects of the robes.  I just want to say thank you for creating something i can use to disrobe them as well.  I figured that the ointment is a one use only so that explains why the item can not be sold.  I will just have to figure out a way to get Mirabelle to hand out the recipes instead of the robes.  Another thought is to have Tolfdir or Urag give the recipe once the status of Arch Mage is reached.  So many ideas, so little time.  Again, thank you.

P.S.

Thinking about the one time use only, i would have to duplicate all of the items and make those unplayable.  This will keep the ointments from showing up in the inventory. 

• 3 weeks later...

I love the idea behind this mod, the mages college robes are so unflattering but the benefit to wearing them outweighs wanting to wear something sexy, since enchanting some decent clothing never gets anywhere as close to as good as a college robe. (10% reduction in destruction cost and 10% magicka regeneration vs the robes 50-100% magicka regeneration). So the idea of getting an item that gives the benefit for the robes to me is awesome. Unfortunately even wearing a pair of boots disables the effects of the item.

I understand you said that you will not update this mod any further, but I am curious if you would hear my request? Would there be a way to get this idea to work along the lines of the Alteration perk that increases mage armor when only wearing clothing? As I said, I love the idea of getting the benefit of the mages robes without having to wear the ulgy things, while wearing the sexy clothing outfits from various mods, considering my sexy clothing is practically naked anyways :D Would make my mages very happy indeed.

The enchantments should work with any clothing/armor item that doesn't use biped slot 32.  Hats, hoods, gloves, boots, ect should work.

I won't be undating this mod or adding anything (sorry) but that's not stopping you from using the idea for a mod of your own.  What you're asking for can be done with very little CK experience.  Reading one or two tutorials would give you all the info you need.  :)

Hmmm, I'll try it again, when I put boots on the effect under status vanished from me, will have to try it and see. I've never tried the CK before, but could give it a shot.

Ok, tried it again, it works with any sort of gloves or boots, but stopped working with slots 54, 56, 57, 47, 48. All of them cover the body but leave the torso exposed.

RFi9Ft2.png

• 3 months later...

Aye, good mod for mages, despite be having only a slight interest out of curiosity in DD myself, I found another mod made for DD that seems like it should work with this. It's called "Naked Mage Jewelry" that is currently under the watch of karlpaws after kendo 2 stopped modding skyrim. I have yet to test them in conjunction, but I will be doing such soon after I get my mods reinstalled and organized, although that might take a week or two. If anyone knows the answer to my test already please say so as If it turns out they aren't, I hope Game Goblin can work something out with one or both of the mods to make them compatible with each other. No offense, but that unfortunately sounded like I made GG seem like a marriage counselor.

Yeah, they both work together, as Kendo was the original author on both.

I noticed some mismatched slots between what Kendo did and the Devious Devices mod and came up with a patch so he offered "ownership" to me when he wanted to move in a different direction.

I went to Riverwood and talk to Lucan Valerius did not see and thing about buying the items and I ever looked at what he has to see did not see it there My PC is the Arch Mage. Dose anyone know what I need to do ?

Make sure you run a Bashed Patch with Wrye bash. Everything that edits each merchant's inventory and loot lists shows up then.

• 8 months later...

I really like the concept of this mod but unfortunately this isn't compatible with most perk mods out there because they usually remove those annoying novice/apprentice/adept/expert/master perks.

Instead of checking if they have the perk, you should check if they're high enough level (0/25/50/75/100) to make it compatible with every mod.

• 3 months later...

this is something ive been looking for, thank you for making it. one request/question: is there a patch for Ordinator or Perkus Maximus? these alter the perk trees, so the various core levels may not be there (novice, adept, etc.)

i am primarily interested in an Ordinator patch.

this is something ive been looking for, thank you for making it. one request/question: is there a patch for Ordinator or Perkus Maximus? these alter the perk trees, so the various core levels may not be there (novice, adept, etc.)

I don't know if Game Goblin is still maintaining the mod, and I don't mod or play Bethesda games anymore.

I don't know if Game Goblin is still maintaining the mod, and I don't mod or play Bethesda games anymore.

it seems to be there. lucian had the book, and recipes. i bought them, but have not had the mats to make one. i will try it out and see. thank you for the reply.