Skyrim CTD a lot.

Deemer

Hi guys and girls!

Having a pretty frustrating time with Skyrim nowadays.

Recently started playing it again, and ofcourse I mod the living s... out of it. This has lately resultet in my game being pretty unstable.

I use LOOT to try and optimize my loadorder.

My crashreport looks to be related to scripts and SoS as far as I can tell, but I don't really understand what it says. It also appears to be no apparent reason behind the crashes as they can occur at widely different times. The most frequent ones are whenever I loot some creature/mob, check my journal, check the map or my inventory, but it also occurs right out of the blue sometimes.

Below is the link to my pastebin of the latest crashreport.

http://pastebin.com/atGDiKUe

Here's a pastebin of my loadorder.

http://pastebin.com/7QB57654

Any help is appreciated! :)

Edit: I should probably specify that I started a new game, so no old information should need to be cleaned from my savefile. The crashreport looks like a mess though.

Have you tried running TES5EDIT to see what it finds wrong in your load order? Have you cleaned your DLC's with TES5EDIT or any other mods that have dirty edits? Dirty edits can and will cause problems in a game. There are many tutorials on youtube showing how to clean dirty edits. If you have a lot of high script using mods that can cause problems in a game.

You are using ELFX with enhancer and exterior so you can remove climates of tamriel dungeons, climates of tamriel night level and climates of tamriel interior warm. I used Northern Bathouse and I suggest you to remove it and wait for a new version (if the author will make it).  Remove The Dance of Death and use Violens instead.

Silly question have you been crashing and then turning on papyrus logging etc and repeating to get your crash report or are you just playing with papyrus logging turned on permenantly?

Since its if the later it might be worth turning papyrus logging off so that papyrus can just run scripts and not have to write to the HD (which slows it down greatly) and see if it improves.

Have you tried running TES5EDIT to see what it finds wrong in your load order? Have you cleaned your DLC's with TES5EDIT or any other mods that have dirty edits? Dirty edits can and will cause problems in a game. There are many tutorials on youtube showing how to clean dirty edits. If you have a lot of high script using mods that can cause problems in a game.

I have TES5EDIT, but have been sort of reluctant to use it as I'm afraid I'll mess things up even more.

Loading all the plugins I use I can see a lot of errors referring to armors and some to a few npc's it seems to load.

These are mainly errors of the type:

[00:48] Background Loader: [Daedric Extra Armor.esp] Building reference info.

[00:48] Background Loader: Error: record ARMO contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord EITM

and it goes on and on with different subrecords.

I'd venture a guess and say I should uninstall the mods or disable the plugins that come right before a bunch of information about errors? :P

As for the dirty edits I did see a video about this, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable doing this as the tutorials are often quite simplified and don't explain what to do when an entire mod (as the unofficial patches) show up as all red.

Anyway, thanks for helpful advise! :) I'm gonna go uninstall the mods I see causing errors, and see if it improves.

You are using ELFX with enhancer and exterior so you can remove climates of tamriel dungeons, climates of tamriel night level and climates of tamriel interior warm. I used Northern Bathouse and I suggest you to remove it and wait for a new version (if the author will make it).  Remove The Dance of Death and use Violens instead.

Thank you so much for this info. I wasn't aware these two sort of conflicted with each other. I have now disabled the plugins for CoT. DoD will be removed, and I had a feeling Northern Bathouse wasn't as CLEAN as the modname states :P It's now uninstalled.

Thanks again everybody :)

Silly question have you been crashing and then turning on papyrus logging etc and repeating to get your crash report or are you just playing with papyrus logging turned on permenantly?

Since its if the later it might be worth turning papyrus logging off so that papyrus can just run scripts and not have to write to the HD (which slows it down greatly) and see if it improves.

I played for a while without papyrus logging, and activated this when I started getting CTD which I couldn't figure out of. I haven't played Skyrim for the better part of a year, but having similar problems with a modded minecraft world I figured I'd check out if there was any way of getting crashlogs for Skyrim.

I'm actually just gonna do a clean reinstall of Skyrim, leave out the mods I know caused errors this time around, try to clean my saves and see what happens. Gonna deactivate papyrus, as I wasn't aware that was the case! Thanks! :)

Archived