Cellan Race Mod

GDelscribe

• 1 month later...

There's any news coming out, GDelscribe? :3

Seems... not. Well as Skyrim SE was released now every modders had to adapt their own mods to the new version. Anyway as I have already well modded "old one", just hoped to add this mod as well, as the same of Kritta's Lykaios on it. :/

Hope maybe can be possible to have those mods finished for the old Skyrim game and then for the mew SKyrim vrsion as well, on the future. Keep it up please!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

any news on the current progress of the mod? i've been following this thread for a while and I can't wait to see it gets released :3

Same here!! I hoppe you're still working o the old Skyrim version, anyways if you're planning to work on SSE version is nice too, I just can install Skyrim SSE as I'm still playing older version 'cause the saves I have on it and want to finish it before try the new one and start to modding up SSE as I did on older one game. >3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, fact of the matter is I dont have the knowhow. So. What i'm going to do is release everything I have in assets very soon and allow someone else to take over or if someone is willing to help me out directly then by all means I'll keep working with my original vision but, I think I may need to pass my stuff on to someone else; but I do have a lot done. I just can't finish it with my current PoS computer and failing drives.

Ok, fact of the matter is I dont have the knowhow. So. What i'm going to do is release everything I have in assets very soon and allow someone else to take over or if someone is willing to help me out directly then by all means I'll keep working with my original vision but, I think I may need to pass my stuff on to someone else; but I do have a lot done. I just can't finish it with my current PoS computer and failing drives.

It's a shame to see yet another promising project stall, but such is life, I guess.

As with the Lykaios, I would offer to take up work on the mod if nobody else offers to do so, though it would depend on what needs to be done. Minor texturing/meshing/rigging work and such I can do, just like anything required to get the race set up and working ingame; but anything more complex than that may be harder or even a no-go.

Alternatively, I can help you with the project as well, but again, I would have to know what needs to be done before I can make any actual offer or provide advice.

So, if I may ask, what kind of assets do you have so far exactly, and what is left to be done?

It's a shame to see yet another promising project stall, but such is life, I guess.

As with the Lykaios, I would offer to take up work on the mod if nobody else offers to do so, though it would depend on what needs to be done. Minor texturing/meshing/rigging work and such I can do, just like anything required to get the race set up and working ingame; but anything more complex than that may be harder or even a no-go.

Alternatively, I can help you with the project as well, but again, I would have to know what needs to be done before I can make any actual offer or provide advice.

So, if I may ask, what kind of assets do you have so far exactly, and what is left to be done?

I'll contact you via PM, you may be able to help me finish this

wow that's nice to hear I hope you two are going to work something out, I can't wait to see this mod released!!

wow that's nice to hear I hope you two are going to work something out, I can't wait to see this mod released!!

Yeah, same here!! I can't wait too to see this mode released as well, as the same of Lykaios one... Hope someone's keep those mods up... :/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

So I somehow got roped into helping with these guys. Here's some initial play. Very much WIP. [...]

Glad to say you decided to help with this! As I've stated several times already, more beast races will always be welcome.

That looks pretty good for an early WIP. The tri files will probably need some tweaking to look good with that base shape, but otherwise it's great. Looking forward to seeing more progress on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Opinions: Digitigrade or plantigrade?

It's a bit of a trick question because I'll do both, but which should be the default? Digi will definitely look better, but it means otters will have their own skeletons. I'll base it off XPMSE but version skew can happen. Also I'll have to build in the high heels mechanism, as I did for Yiffy Age, which means some light scripting. The scripting means that most of the time when sitting, swimming, or lying down, the character will be on the ground. But I've seen occasions in YA where the character is floating above the seat for whatever reason. Also there may be more problems getting sex animations to line up--not that anyone here would be worrying about that, of course. 

14 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Opinions: Digitigrade or plantigrade? [...]

Well, to be honest, I think the main/default release of the mod should be plantigrade with human feet meshes, for the sake of simplicity and compatibility with revealing footwear (be it vanilla or from mods), for example just like I did with my Lungaris update with the default UUNP feet and FemFeet Redesigned for males. Then, you could offer two optional files: one is a full digitigrade replacer with the skeletons and so, and the other replaces the human feet meshes and textures with paws but remains plantigrade (so basically the digi one sans the skeleton stuff and the ArmorAddon edits).

That way, people that want to use the race but don't want to deal with the issues introduced by the digi system (like the ones you mentioned, or the need to edit all the vanilla footwear records) can play with human meshes just fine and with automatic compatibility with all revealing footwear or body replacers or whatever. And those that want plantigrade beast feet or the full digi setup can get those as well. The only "extra" work when compared with going for digi straight away would be the textures for the human feet meshes, but those are relatively easy to do IMO.

Just my two cents, though.

14 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

[...] Also there may be more problems getting sex animations to line up--not that anyone here would be worrying about that, of course. 

Sure, sure. As soon as the mod was functional and released, I was totally not planning on having my brand new Cellan PC get a naughty taste of several different canines and felines. And sharks. Probably several at the same time. Not at all. Nope. *Innocent whistle* :innocent:.

48 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Huh. I totally wasn't thinking about human feet, but you're right of course. (I have some old human feet with claw nails I might stick on them. They use the SOS foot textures.)

Clawed human feet would be nice, yes. Better than straight up human feet, but with all their compatibility as long as it uses the human UVs.

Shame the meshes you have are for the base SOS feet, though; I think the FemFeet Redesigned ones are better and that's why I used them for the Lungaris and the next Shark update (whenever that happens). If you took those claws and put them on the FFR feet, I could also include them for both races, which would be a nice improvement over the current full-human meshes.

Just a suggestion, but the default SOS feet would work fine as well.

Progress! Here's the guy:

5a2d80f02f250_theotterinfull.thumb.jpg.64535ff1ad1bb73df8ca52fda40faaa1.jpg 5a2d80f7ecc16_backview.thumb.jpg.99bf2b59047caa85e14a010292120401.jpg

My thoughts: 

• I freaking love him in this color. This is as dark as he gets, given the base texture. 
  • That front fur is a disaster. Will fix to match the front of the neck, which I think is fine.
  • Maybe the feet are too small? I pumped up their size a few times but they still look skimpy. Should they be tightened up some, more paw-like?
  • Didja know there are no dark Khajiit eye colors? There aren't. Otters need round pupils, anyway.
  • Still need to refine ears and mouth. The ears look too much like the folded-back expression, not enough like that's their shape.

Hands and feet are lightly webbed:

5a2d82d32850e_Webhands.jpg.6e0fe7fbdd3bc4042186ae4390bb5450.jpg 5a2d82e288df3_webfeet.jpg.7a36bd17536c70d3755edd5184df3966.jpg

56 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Progress! Here's the guy: [...]

5a2d80f02f250_theotterinfull.thumb.jpg.64535ff1ad1bb73df8ca52fda40faaa1.jpg 5a2d80f7ecc16_backview.thumb.jpg.99bf2b59047caa85e14a010292120401.jpg

Looking pretty good so far, great work!

My thoughts:

• I freaking love him in this color. This is as dark as he gets, given the base texture. 

That looks great indeed, but if that's as dark as it gets (I'm assuming you applied a full #000000 black tint there), perhaps you should darken the base texture a bit?

As I've stated before, Skyrim is good at making textures lighter but not at darkening them, so a darker base texture would allow to reach a fur tone darker than that brown while still easily allowing lighter tones as well.

• That front fur is a disaster. Will fix to match the front of the neck, which I think is fine.

Yep, that's what I thought. Otters are not exactly the focus of my usual, huh, research, but from what I've seen in the first few RL pics I've found of them, the underbelly should transition to the darker body fur in a much more seamless way, and the belly itself should be a bit tan rather than white. So yeah, matching it with the lighter patch at the neck will probably do it.

• Maybe the feet are too small? I pumped up their size a few times but they still look skimpy. Should they be tightened up some, more paw-like?

IMO they are indeed too small for the body frame. Maybe for lower weights/the _0 body that feet mesh could work if you only increase the size a bit, but for higher weights/the _1 mesh I'd definitely go for something beefier.

I wouldn't turn them into paddy paws like with the YA ones, but they may look a bit better if you tighten them up, so at least I'd give it a try.

Hands and feet are lightly webbed:

That's a pretty neat detail, don't know how I didn't think of it before.

Archived