Cellan Race Mod

GDelscribe

Rigging is hella difficult v-v;

Agreed' date=' Back in my modding days, i used to rip models from games and port them into fallout 3 and GOD did it take forever to rig them... :D

[/quote']

This is a good learning experience at any rate.

But yeah. Its taking quite a lot of time and effort.

And we all appreciate your hard work man :D Nice progress so far.

Actually, now that I think about it, I could help you guys with this project, the only thing I don't do is texturing. I have all the latest modeling tools (not legit lol) and I can help with any of the meshes, and the skeletal rigging ect. Let me know if you would like some assistance, and if so can you redirect me to the models?

Actually' date=' now that I think about it, I could help you guys with this project, the only thing I don't do is texturing. I have all the latest modeling tools (not legit lol) and I can help with any of the meshes, and the skeletal rigging ect. Let me know if you would like some assistance, and if so can you redirect me to the models?

[/quote']

I'll send them your way by note.

Just wondering... isn't there some kind of "paint" mode in zbrush? I mean, if we can import the models into zbrush, we can easily paint them in there. [if someone knows how to paint with that program... it's probably easier than making one out of the open uv]

Just wondering... isn't there some kind of "paint" mode in zbrush? I mean' date=' if we can import the models into zbrush, we can easily paint them in there. [if someone knows how to paint with that program... it's probably easier than making one out of the open uv']

There is indeed. However I don't have the 700+ dollars needed to buy the program.

:/

I have all the brushes for it since I have sculptris but sculptris ruins the UV maps.

Just wondering... isn't there some kind of "paint" mode in zbrush? I mean' date=' if we can import the models into zbrush, we can easily paint them in there. [if someone knows how to paint with that program... it's probably easier than making one out of the open uv']

There is indeed. However I don't have the 700+ dollars needed to buy the program.

:/

I have all the brushes for it since I have sculptris but sculptris ruins the UV maps.

Pro tip: Utorrent :D

Actually, I have free access to it on my game creation class. Not sure if I can add brushes, tho [user restrictions and all that]

By next month, I'll probably start the zbrush classes, so yeah, awesomestuff gonna happen [i hope XD]

so...on a percentile scale' date=' how close is the mod to being ready for beta?

[/quote']

Beta? I could release it right now if it weren't for the models.

:P

I have no ETA, I'm art inept.

• 3 weeks later...

so...on a percentile scale' date=' how close is the mod to being ready for beta?

[/quote']

Actually, you couldn't.

Bethesda has broken the way that the Creation Kit handles armor add-ons, which in turn has broken custom races, thousands of armors, and any cell mod that uses custom meshes.

Seeing as this race will utilize a custom head (with custom morphs I presume), then the head mesh isn't going to show in game. Oh, the CK will see it just fine, and even display it in the preview pane, nice and pretty. But the race will be headless in game.

It's probably best just to put this on hold to see how Bethesda handles this mess. That's what I've done with all of my race mods. I'm done modding this piece of shit game until Bethesda can get their heads out of their asses, and stop breaking more shit than they fix or add with every patch.

Trykz

[/quote']

Actually, you couldn't.

Bethesda has broken the way that the Creation Kit handles armor add-ons, which in turn has broken custom races, thousands of armors, and any cell mod that uses custom meshes.

Seeing as this race will utilize a custom head (with custom morphs I presume), then the head mesh isn't going to show in game. Oh, the CK will see it just fine, and even display it in the preview pane, nice and pretty. But the race will be headless in game.

It's probably best just to put this on hold to see how Bethesda handles this mess. That's what I've done with all of my race mods. I'm done modding this piece of shit game until Bethesda can get their heads out of their asses, and stop breaking more shit than they fix or add with every patch.

Trykz

Assuming its at least a custom head model wouldn't turn out something like this? http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19122

[/quote']

Actually, you couldn't.

Trykz

It WAS ready before this, before you made this post as well, if you'll not the timestamp. Until bethesda fixes things unfortunately this is gotta be a no go until then. Thanks again bethsoft and sorry all.

I will keep holding on to things but things are getting hard...

• 4 weeks later...

Holy chicken! :o

Anyway, what about the Cellan? I'd play a male with one, because I even TRIED to play a human male... I was terribly displeased. :(

Anyway, about the bird... Well, I couldn't see the expression loops in there :/ Google human head topology and you'll see where some necessary loops should be added. It'll make the model better.

Hi there...was just curious if your continuing this race mod...if so I WANNA HELP!!!! if not...can i take over? I'm pretty good at skinning and modeling but i cant animate or code O_O I use milkshape ,blender, and nifscope for my models . I'd love ot help out seeing as this is the closest to a hedgidnat i can get (think egglaying feline-esque herm critters) I could imagine my character as an otter I DO like to swim ..

so a mod liek this is a no brainer also i noted the mirelurk kings have a nice hand and foot webbing design that might be tweaked to work good with unless you alreayd have that covered. as for the head issues...I woonder how burmecian got around that O_O? his heads are pretty custom and even have facegen O_O

Archived