Hi there I'm having a small issue with the Blacksmith Quest. I also noticed a few people having the same problem but I couldn't find any solution yet. At the point where I'm supposed to gain access to Dushnikh Yal something is bugged. None of the vanilla quests that give you the access work. I tried clearing out Kolskeggr Mine. Bringing the book to Ghorza and bringing a daedra heart to Jarls blacksmith. When I enter a stronghold I'm told Im not an orc etc but the vanilla quest for Forgemasters Fingers doesn't show up. Everyone I talk to after that just tells me to go away. Do you have your own quest for that? Or is that just a bug? I cant progress any further.

2 hours ago, LucyTheFox said:

Hi there I'm having a small issue with the Blacksmith Quest. I also noticed a few people having the same problem but I couldn't find any solution yet. At the point where I'm supposed to gain access to Dushnikh Yal something is bugged. None of the vanilla quests that give you the access work. I tried clearing out Kolskeggr Mine. Bringing the book to Ghorza and bringing a daedra heart to Jarls blacksmith. When I enter a stronghold I'm told Im not an orc etc but the vanilla quest for Forgemasters Fingers doesn't show up. Everyone I talk to after that just tells me to go away. Do you have your own quest for that? Or is that just a bug? I cant progress any further.

It has been a while but I think I put a copy of the gloves in the forge in Alftand as a way to get around that issue.

I would suggest to coc to that cell with the console and use god mode to double check before taking the long journey down the slow way.

39 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Oh! I never found those gloves there too, I thought it's the end of the quest as far as it is developed ?

Is it possible to get them via additemmenu to continue the quest? I remember I tried and failed, but had a looot of gloves at the end ?

Can you give me the result of this console command?

coc _SLD_QST_JobBlacksmith

The trick with the Forgemaster's Fingers quest is that you can't have done anything to make any Orc pronounce you Orc-kin before you go to Dushnikh Yal.  So doing something like giving the daedra heart to the blacksmith will break it.  I've just gotten used to not helping any orcs until after I've gone to Dushnikh Yal and gotten the quest.

This wiki explains that the quest is unavailable to Orc PCs and to any other PC that has become Blood-kin: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Forgemaster's_Fingers

1 minute ago, donttouchmethere said:

Arghs! I have done everything wrong: "Becoming Blood-Kin by completing certain quests will also grant you access to Orc strongholds, and make this quest unavailable."

But the quest in Dialogues is supposed to check and give you two different options at that point - one if you are already kin and one if you are not.

Just now, donttouchmethere said:

Working on a new game atm, should I try that right away or at a certain point of the quest?

I mean that will teleport me somewhere, is the timing important?

coc _SLD_QST_JobBlacksmith

So... typo:

sqs _SLD_QST_JobBlacksmith
15 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

But the quest in Dialogues is supposed to check and give you two different options at that point - one if you are already kin and one if you are not.

Oh, really? It used to not work, but I'll admit that I've been using the work-around for quite a while so that could have been several versions of your mod ago.

sqs sld_qst_jobblacksmith

gives out

Item 'sld_qst_jobblacksmith' not found for parameter Quest.

I'm not sure if that is the right approach? I mean I have no clue, but wouldn't that console command only make sense if I'm on that quest already?

I mean it's a completely new game and I could rush thru the first stages of the quest until I meet the dead end (while not talking to any orc on the way ^^)

My new setup is nearly done, I will start with the blacksmith quest and report back. Pls tell Sanguine to wait with any enslavement until I'm done ?

19 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

sqs sld_qst_jobblacksmith

gives out

Item 'sld_qst_jobblacksmith' not found for parameter Quest.

I'm not sure if that is the right approach? I mean I have no clue, but wouldn't that console command only make sense if I'm on that quest already?

I mean it's a completely new game and I could rush thru the first stages of the quest until I meet the dead end (while not talking to any orc on the way ^^)

My new setup is nearly done, I will start with the blacksmith quest and report back. Pls tell Sanguine to wait with any enslavement until I'm done ?

There is an underscore character just before 'sld'.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:49 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

It has been a while but I think I put a copy of the gloves in the forge in Alftand as a way to get around that issue.

I would suggest to coc to that cell with the console and use god mode to double check before taking the long journey down the slow way.

I found out what the issue was. I guess so at least. Ichanged characters and went to Dushnikh Yal. I was stopped by a guard in fron of the stronghold. While using my main char that guard didnt spawn. I guess due to a bug or Immersive Citizens. I went back to the main character and spawned the guard manually. Quest normally started, I got the fingers and became Orc Kin. So I guess problem solved. Just that thing with other quests that give you permission to enter dont work. Thank you for your time and effort anyways ❤️

On 8/9/2020 at 4:10 AM, donttouchmethere said:

Now started working myself thru the Blacksmith Quest.

Had some delay fighting with my overdone LO (Palaces killed my LAL! Those Bastards!)

Reveal hidden contents

I will need the result of that command when you get to the forgemaster fingers if you find it broken at that point.

I tried to find info, but I'm playing an Imperial who has always loved magic, destruction, alteration and restoration. These are the only 3 magicka skills she can use (rp) she is level 18, she is up to level 25 magicka in Destruction and has the apprentice perk. She went to the college and told she needed to apprentice first then come back to the college (rp). She is working her way in life right now as a sometime adventurer and mostly focused on Apprenticeship to Master Farangar of Whiterun. Currently she is helping out the Master mage in Dawnstar with some potion ingredients (can't seem to find a Khajit when you want one).

My Question is: At what point (skill level/perk point/character level) should one (if ever) have positive magicka? I'm typically at around -100 to -40 at rest and often times my followers seem to kill most if not all the bad guys before I actually have magicka to do anything.  Unless I make sure I get hit like 2 or 3 times first and that often leads to my char going to bleedout quickly since she has low hp because she's not a fighter. 

Finding the Apprentice Quest and all interesting and the low magicka interesting, slows progress wonderfully in terms of the college questing.

1 hour ago, asmondar said:

I tried to find info, but I'm playing an Imperial who has always loved magic, destruction, alteration and restoration. These are the only 3 magicka skills she can use (rp) she is level 18, she is up to level 25 magicka in Destruction and has the apprentice perk. She went to the college and told she needed to apprentice first then come back to the college (rp). She is working her way in life right now as a sometime adventurer and mostly focused on Apprenticeship to Master Farangar of Whiterun. Currently she is helping out the Master mage in Dawnstar with some potion ingredients (can't seem to find a Khajit when you want one).

My Question is: At what point (skill level/perk point/character level) should one (if ever) have positive magicka? I'm typically at around -100 to -40 at rest and often times my followers seem to kill most if not all the bad guys before I actually have magicka to do anything.  Unless I make sure I get hit like 2 or 3 times first and that often leads to my char going to bleedout quickly since she has low hp because she's not a fighter. 

Finding the Apprentice Quest and all interesting and the low magicka interesting, slows progress wonderfully in terms of the college questing.

It's difficult to predict.

What I can tell you is that the base magicka level (magicka mastery) increases at different speed depending on everything you do related to Magicka. 

You will raise it by brewing potions, drinking potions, tasting ingredients, enchanting items. It all depends on your gameplay.

Here is a breakdown of what influences your mastery level:

Spoiler

; Skill Books Read / Books Read - measure of scholar
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Skill Books Read")
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Books Read") / 2

; College of Winterhold Quests Completed - Useful for magicka mastery
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("College of Winterhold Quests Completed") * 2

; Daedric Quests Completed - useful to unlock Necromancy path
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Daedric Quests Completed") * 5

; Spells Learned - Reading a spell tome is all that is required to learn a spell.
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Spells Learned")

; Dragon Souls Collected -    Souls collected from slain dragons.
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Dragon Souls Collected") * 2

; Words of Power Learned -    Words are either learnt from Word Walls or from individuals such as the Greybeards or Durnehviir.
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Words of Power Learned") * 3

; Words of Power Unlocked - Word are only unlocked when a Dragon Soul is spent to unlock it.
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Words of Power Unlocked") * 5

; Shouts Learned    - Learning a shout means that at least one of the three Words of Power is known for a specific shout.
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Shouts Learned") * 2

; Shouts Mastered    - Mastery is achieved by unlocking all three Words of Power of a shout.
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Shouts Mastered") * 5

; Soul Gems Used -    Defined as either to recharge a weapon or enchant an item.
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Soul Gems Used")

; Souls Trapped -    Souls can only be trapped with the Soul Trap spell or with a weapon that bears the soul trap enchantment.
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Souls Trapped") * 2

; Magic Items -  Made    Number of items made via Enchanting.
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Magic Items Made") / 2

; Potions Mixed -    Number of potions made at an alchemy lab
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Potions Mixed") / 2

; Potions Used    - Could be useful for potion toxicity
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Potions Used") / 5

; Ingredients Eaten - Learn magic effects
    iJobMageMastery = iJobMageMastery + Game.QueryStat("Ingredients Eaten") / 5

If you want to progress faster, learn shouts and words of power, or complete Daedric quests.

Collecting dragon souls and using soul trap help you too.

SL Dialogues Blacksmith Quest:

The issue with me not being able to find the Forgemaster's Fingers earlier is a complete vanilla game issue.

Now I managed to get a hand on those Fingers and to become Blood-Kin.

After that the SL Dialogues Blacksmith quest continues! ?

Took me a while to come that far with my setup, especially if SD+ has a chance to enslave my PC for a while ?

Starting the quest by Ghorza

Spoiler

326477674_enb2020_08_1712_08_10_22.jpg.065ff0012f4b763e3179859827b0d762.jpg

Reaching the settlement:

Finger Quest failed to register on first try.

Spoiler

1396648552_enb2020_08_1714_23_29_64.jpg.a53587bf79e2d4165e599774773573b7.jpg

1058096652_enb2020_08_1714_23_59_70.jpg.c56229bf9b15277c4f30a0ddb8916016.jpg

But after asking the same Orc Guard 3x "How can I convince you to let me in?" the Quest got sticky at last.

I pretty much went thru his whole Dialogue + asking that question 3x, even offered him ToH Garona (I know she is in heavy bondage, but I ran out of keys early ?)

Spoiler

229878655_enb2020_08_1714_52_27_09.jpg.f241dacad26eb568d624c5acdd255308.jpg

1903015376_enb2020_08_1714_57_55_26.jpg.f4353c2158dc13e0d122d71cf8ead927.jpg

After grabbing the Fingers I thought it's good to do some other side quests in the area. Bad idea:

Spoiler

828639334_enb2020_08_1812_44_47_27.jpg.a932c27700ce0a3b7d2f256f377e1b22.jpg

222913268_enb2020_08_1813_07_30_78.jpg.8e2b425af7ddbedee090be444b6f940a.jpg

2095596412_enb2020_08_1813_36_01_23.jpg.9a015af4aef4e823e4fbf84581c63223.jpg

After a lucky escape (SD "Are we there yet" bugged out and my PC was freed instead, lucky me, took me a while to get out of that DDs tho) I became days later (and a few SCB incidences in between) Blood-Kin at last!:

Spoiler

1937858418_enb2020_08_1820_46_00_92.jpg.12e2c4672621d536e26be58ee46b2b10.jpg

Hey they are really helpful now:

46184735_enb2020_08_1820_50_21_28.jpg.c105f19607e05c876fa4b60dd96cf75a.jpg

Back at Markarth (and a little trouble with SLS toll guards and NDUN guards later):

Spoiler

98074457_enb2020_08_1823_18_28_31.jpg.bd9d3091ce0bb59b1784dab17a8906c2.jpg

1400857905_enb2020_08_1823_18_34_84.jpg.941fbb68d1d66637dd626e295b00b1d8.jpg

266733221_enb2020_08_1823_21_37_80.jpg.3ddcf08e62827edf63284651d424e299.jpg

And the console pics while not being able to buy any SLS licenses because I set prices very high:

Spoiler

262273281_enb2020_08_1823_37_23_00.jpg.cd5db05bd6c071c247d4f338b93c7412.jpg

535878436_enb2020_08_1823_37_24_78.jpg.e61f35f292f4f849ebfd3bef2b4761ca.jpg

1302981841_enb2020_08_1823_37_26_95.jpg.c5d6068de35d55d4318bd4ae43829304.jpg

Now it will take me only a few RL weeks to finish the SL Dialogues Blacksmith Quest on a mad and devious Skyrim Setup ?

Thanks for creating all those immersive ways to get me and my PC into trouble ?

I think Sanguine is watching already ?

Alright, first up is that I'm on Special Edition so I'm not sure if that will provide its own twist but I'm having an issue with the Mage Apprentice quest. I made the 10 rejuvenation potions for Danica, but her dialogue options lack the option to turn them in. 

--Edit--

I believe I figured out the cause. I use ordinator and that changes up player made potions. I got past the delivery for Danica by console commanding the correct ones into my inventory. However, I cannot do the same for Farengar's requested 20 potions. None of the potions I tried seemed to qualify for the quest. I'm not sure how Ordinator changes potions, if it's just in name or something else entirely. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 9:28 PM, DomoSlave said:

Alright, first up is that I'm on Special Edition so I'm not sure if that will provide its own twist but I'm having an issue with the Mage Apprentice quest. I made the 10 rejuvenation potions for Danica, but her dialogue options lack the option to turn them in. 

--Edit--

I believe I figured out the cause. I use ordinator and that changes up player made potions. I got past the delivery for Danica by console commanding the correct ones into my inventory. However, I cannot do the same for Farengar's requested 20 potions. None of the potions I tried seemed to qualify for the quest. I'm not sure how Ordinator changes potions, if it's just in name or something else entirely. 

I'm having a similar issue--done tons of potions and enchantments but the quest doesn't flag as completed (also using Ordinator, but I'm on oldrim not SE). All of the other quests I've done for Farengar seem to be working fine, including the potions for Danica.

11 hours ago, noxyoursox said:

I'm having a similar issue--done tons of potions and enchantments but the quest doesn't flag as completed (also using Ordinator, but I'm on oldrim not SE). All of the other quests I've done for Farengar seem to be working fine, including the potions for Danica.

Changes to the potions shouldn't impact the quest. I am using the total number of potions created instead of looking at any particular potion.

If the quest dialogues are not showing, it could be a bug or some other conditions are not met. 

Can you share your quest progress?

sqs _SLD_QST_jobMage