20 hours ago, tznvlw said:

For SSE users, here, ported SD SE 201910 by me (unofficial)

Optimized  meshes for SSE

Recompiled Scripts

Regenerated SEQ file.

Sexlab Dialogues SE 201910.7z 1018.6 kB · 5 downloads

if  you found bug, then se bug = le bug,  so please ask the mod's author @DeepBlueFrog:)

Does it actually work? I’ve been having the infinite loop More Options and 0 SD interface for a very long time. It’s to where I gave up :/

Hi.

There is a problem with your new mage quest settings in MCM.

If I activate the mage settings, and start a job in "Live another life" the magic drops from 100 to 1.

Deactivating the mage setting in MCM and taking another job does not reset the magic to 100 it stays forever on 1.

So the quest setting for mage is unusable, you are not able to revert the change, because if you activate it to test it, you are stuck with loss magic points.  That is not good, regardless of your intentions.

After reading a bit in the forum. Put a bit fat warning sign in the description that this is WORK IN PROGRESS; may fuck up your save game for good. It sure did fuck up my save. ;)

P.S. I have to thank you for your work. I really like your blacksmith quest. So I wanted to try the other quests, too.

So, when Farengar asks me to learn alchemy from Arcadia, I tried to ask her for training (paying her to advance the skill), used her alchemy lab to craft a potion but the quest didn't advance. Is there something I'm supposed to do?

edit: just needed to go to Farengar and tell him I know how to mix potions.

By the way, if we do this quest before the main quest, will Farengar recognize you as his former apprentice when we meet about the Dragonstone?

On 11/6/2019 at 4:45 AM, mkess said:

Hi.

There is a problem with your new mage quest settings in MCM.

If I activate the mage settings, and start a job in "Live another life" the magic drops from 100 to 1.

Deactivating the mage setting in MCM and taking another job does not reset the magic to 100 it stays forever on 1.

So the quest setting for mage is unusable, you are not able to revert the change, because if you activate it to test it, you are stuck with loss magic points.  That is not good, regardless of your intentions.

After reading a bit in the forum. Put a bit fat warning sign in the description that this is WORK IN PROGRESS; may fuck up your save game for good. It sure did fuck up my save. ;)

P.S. I have to thank you for your work. I really like your blacksmith quest. So I wanted to try the other quests, too.

I added code to restore your Magicka and Magicka Rate based on your level if you cancel the option, but I guess it either doesn't work or it isn't enough.

I will take another look and add a popup warning to alert people this is still a feature in progress when they click on it (and give them a chance to abort right there).

9 hours ago, Highborn said:

So, when Farengar asks me to learn alchemy from Arcadia, I tried to ask her for training (paying her to advance the skill), used her alchemy lab to craft a potion but the quest didn't advance. Is there something I'm supposed to do?

edit: just needed to go to Farengar and tell him I know how to mix potions.

By the way, if we do this quest before the main quest, will Farengar recognize you as his former apprentice when we meet about the Dragonstone?

Unfortunately I am not going that deep in quest dependencies. 

The main quest I do check for is the College of Winterhold. The Mage Apprentice will not work if you are already the Archmage of Winterhold.

I may add stages relevant to that later but right now I am focusing on learning as an Apprentice.

That said, I could at least add a variant when you ask him to be an apprentice that would show some recognition if you have already done the Dragonstone quest (you again...).

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

The main quest I do check for is the College of Winterhold. The Mage Apprentice will not work if you are already the Archmage of Winterhold.

I may add stages relevant to that later but right now I am focusing on learning as an Apprentice.

That said, I could at least add a variant when you ask him to be an apprentice that would show some recognition if you have already done the Dragonstone quest (you again...).

I guess it's too late now, but I'd suggest to change Farengar with another court wizard, for immersion purposes, since eventually he will treat you like you are both meeting for the first time if you do the main quest. 

5 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I added code to restore your Magicka and Magicka Rate based on your level if you cancel the option, but I guess it either doesn't work or it isn't enough.

I will take another look and add a popup warning to alert people this is still a feature in progress when they click on it (and give them a chance to abort right there).

My level was 1 the time I tested it. I usually have a starting save for new playthroughs., with all MCM parameters set to the values I want. Because I need at least 3 hours, to even configure a starting save game.

Oh, what I did forgot to mention: I use the Ordinator overhaul changed skill trees in my game.

In short: Try not to change any of the skill trees. That would be a bad idea, and conflict with this kind of overhaul mods.

2 hours ago, Jenny_xD said:

I too can't give the potions to Danica.

I tried putting them into chests and wardrobes, but nothing seems to work.

You can't give them.back.. you have a topic to tell Danica you made them and she will tell you to leave them by the altar but the quest change happens when she tells you.. not when you put the potions in the chests.

4 hours ago, Kingslayer101 said:

Anyone has a glitch where the screen would flash blue when using spells? Its pretty annoying and Idk what is causing it.

If you are using the Mage Apprentice quest, the only time the screen should flash like that is after you drink too many potions. It is meant to simulate a headache growing into a full migraine.

The effect and the cure are explained in the part of the quest in Windhelm.

I didn't add any effect to casting spells.

Hint

Spoiler

The number of potions you can drink without that effect kicking in depends on your level of mastery of magicka.. especially number of potions drunk and number of ingredients ingested. 

You can dispell the effect after sleeping for a few hours

I'm trying the mage apprentice quest for the first time.  Some questions/observations:

1. I found the book "Annotated Shock Theory" and got the quest objective to take it to Farengar. However there isn't any dialogue option to give it to him or talk about it, so it seems to be stuck in my inventory.

2. I'm using the FMEA mod to make alchemy and enchanting more exciting.  Because of that mod, some of the potions for Danica are "spoiled" during crafting. Would it be possible for Farengar to sell the ingredients to those potions so the player can buy more so that they can craft all 10 potions?

3. I crafted the potions, enchanted the dagger, and delivered them to Danica and Adrianne. I am now a Mage Apprentice. Farengar doesn't have any more for me to do.  Is there more to the quest?

1 hour ago, PubliusNV said:

I'm trying the mage apprentice quest for the first time.  Some questions/observations:

1. I found the book "Annotated Shock Theory" and got the quest objective to take it to Farengar. However there isn't any dialogue option to give it to him or talk about it, so it seems to be stuck in my inventory.

I will have to check the quest stage and conditions for that. I'll get back on that later today.

Did you find the book before Farengar asked you to find his apprentice?

2. I'm using the FMEA mod to make alchemy and enchanting more exciting.  Because of that mod, some of the potions for Danica are "spoiled" during crafting. Would it be possible for Farengar to sell the ingredients to those potions so the player can buy more so that they can craft all 10 potions?

It shouldn't matter.

I found out to my dismay that crafted potions are not detected by the GetItemCount condition in dialogues (really??)... so it is not possible to detect you have the actual potions you should deliver to Danica.

Instead I had to go by total of potions crafted.

As long as your number of potions crafted (any potion) is above a certain threshold (10 I think), you should be able to pass that stage with her.

3. I crafted the potions, enchanted the dagger, and delivered them to Danica and Adrianne. I am now a Mage Apprentice. Farengar doesn't have any more for me to do.  Is there more to the quest?

There is a lot more to the quest. You should be able to ask him about Fire, Frost and Shock magic.. each has it's own task.

34 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Did you find the book before Farengar asked you to find his apprentice?

Yes. I don't remember where I found the book, but Farengar has not asked me to find his apprentice.

As long as your number of potions crafted (any potion) is above a certain threshold (10 I think), you should be able to pass that stage with her.

Ok, thanks!

There is a lot more to the quest. You should be able to ask him about Fire, Frost and Shock magic.. each has it's own task.

I don't recall seeing any dialogue options for those.  I'll head back to Whiterun and double check.

Edit: Ok, I don't have any options to talk to him about magic. Just the vanilla options, and ones added by SL Pheromones, TDF Prostitution, and the More Dialogs added by SL Dialogues. 

33 minutes ago, PubliusNV said:

Yes. I don't remember where I found the book, but Farengar has not asked me to find his apprentice.

Ok, thanks!

I don't recall seeing any dialogue options for those.  I'll head back to Whiterun and double check.

Edit: Ok, I don't have any options to talk to him about magic. Just the vanilla options, and ones added by SL Pheromones, TDF Prostitution, and the More Dialogs added by SL Dialogues. 

Can you give me the result of sqs SLD_QST_JobMage in the console?

Maybe finding the book before Farengar asks you put your quest dialogues in a configuration I did not anticipate.

It says "Item 'SLD_QST_JobMage' not found for parameter Quest".

I started with an alternate start that didn't get me to Whiterun until I was already level 20, and had crafted potions and enchanted items before. I started with the mage quest turned off in the MCM and turned it on only after I got to Whiterun.  I might have had it off when I found the book.  Also, I have your new Magicka Mastery System turned off in the MCM. Just in case any of that helps ?

20 minutes ago, PubliusNV said:

It says "Item 'SLD_QST_JobMage' not found for parameter Quest".

I started with an alternate start that didn't get me to Whiterun until I was already level 20, and had crafted potions and enchanted items before. I started with the mage quest turned off in the MCM and turned it on only after I got to Whiterun.  I might have had it off when I found the book.  Also, I have your new Magicka Mastery System turned off in the MCM. Just in case any of that helps ?

Try with _SLD_QST_jobmage

21 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

If you are using the Mage Apprentice quest, the only time the screen should flash like that is after you drink too many potions. It is meant to simulate a headache growing into a full migraine.

The effect and the cure are explained in the part of the quest in Windhelm.

I didn't add any effect to casting spells.

Hint

Reveal hidden contents

The number of potions you can drink without that effect kicking in depends on your level of mastery of magicka.. especially number of potions drunk and number of ingredients ingested. 

You can dispell the effect after sleeping for a few hours

Oh yeah no wonder, I was chugging too many potions but it actually gave me a real headache and had to force-quit the game :(

On 11/7/2019 at 9:57 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

Just thought I would come here and be another to confirm that this is an issue. My magicka will still be red and even if i give myself magicka through the console, Its still red and i still end up losing it all over time, a very short time, where i usually end up in the minus on magicka. Tested on an existing save and a new save.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Soulbringer1 said:

Mages Apprentice wont start. I found a book to give to Farengar BUT I have no Options to give him the book, (NO Dialog).

You need to succeed a speechcraft check to ask him to be an apprentice, so the topic is not always available.

I didn't think of it but it is a good idea to add a shortcut if you find the book early on. I will add that to the list.