1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I had to move it to the Lord Stone, a little north of the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Lord_Stone

It should be on the ground, next to the corpse of a mage.

oh sorry. Thanks for the fast response. Forgot to say i got the se version. Farengar just told me to look for his apprentice "Samael" for his notes arround that place (lord stone). Im kind of confused with this part of the quest because it seems diferent from what i saw in the comments. The point is that i killed his apprentice and didnt find his notes (he attacked me and I defended myself). I dont know if you can give me support for this, but it is okay if you dont want to. 

1 hour ago, Dresorrico said:

oh sorry. Thanks for the fast response. Forgot to say i got the se version. Farengar just told me to look for his apprentice "Samael" for his notes arround that place (lord stone). Im kind of confused with this part of the quest because it seems diferent from what i saw in the comments. The point is that i killed his apprentice and didnt find his notes (he attacked me and I defended myself). I dont know if you can give me support for this, but it is okay if you dont want to. 

The apprentice should be already dead when you find him. I can't remember the name 'Samael'.

52 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

The apprentice should be already dead when you find him. I can't remember the name 'Samael'.

OOOh yes my mistake (it was another mod btw). I found the corpse.... but boy it was hard. A flora mod was covering the body all this time. Thanks and great mod!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I very much enjoy the smithing story but I got stuck: I have been sent from the Smith in Dawnstar to the Smith in Markath (Ork). She wants me to go to one of the orc strongholds to get access to it and then become blood kin with the orcs. The problem is (I think) I already had access to that stronghold and was already blood kin. Also did the mission for that smith in the orc stronghold. So the mission is not progressing past the Markarth smith requiring me to become blood kin to the orcs. Is there a console command along the "set stage" types for me to just set this part of the mission to complete? Please let me know.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:18 PM, pnutz78 said:

Hi everyone,

I very much enjoy the smithing story but I got stuck: I have been sent from the Smith in Dawnstar to the Smith in Markath (Ork). She wants me to go to one of the orc strongholds to get access to it and then become blood kin with the orcs. The problem is (I think) I already had access to that stronghold and was already blood kin. Also did the mission for that smith in the orc stronghold. So the mission is not progressing past the Markarth smith requiring me to become blood kin to the orcs. Is there a console command along the "set stage" types for me to just set this part of the mission to complete? Please let me know.

I ran into issues with how the Blood Kin status is captured.

As a workaround, I added the item you need to find in the underground forge at Alftand. 

I can't remember if there are clues to that direction but if you can go down to Alftand and retrieve the gloves, you should be able to continue. 

I will look at the quest stages in case you want to skip it.

Edit: I think the gloves may not even appear in alftand if there is a problem with Blood Kin detection. I will have to fix that,

For now, Just set the quest stage to 235 and prepare an Orcish Mace and War Axe to get to the next stage.

image.png

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
21 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I ran into issues with how the Blood Kin status is captured.

As a workaround, I added the item you need to find in the underground forge at Alftand. 

I can't remember if there are clues to that direction but if you can go down to Alftand and retrieve the gloves, you should be able to continue. 

I will look at the quest stages in case you want to skip it.

Edit: I think the gloves may not even appear in alftand if there is a problem with Blood Kin detection. I will have to fix that,

For now, Just set the quest stage to 235 and prepare an Orcish Mace and War Axe to get to the next stage.

image.png

Many thanks! that worked ?

• 3 weeks later...

OK this blacksmith quest from the damn orc in Makarth will be the death of me. In an earlier attempt I could not get the forge fingers because quest bugged with me being already orc kin and the forgemaster fingers quest could not trigger. Now I tried a new playthrough, the orc figured that I was already blood kin and send me to Alfant dwarven ruins to find some gauntlents on some forge. I searched the entire ruin 3 times but no magic gauntlets. Where are they? What are they called? can I just use a console command or the add item mod to get it? many thanks

29 minutes ago, pnutz78 said:

OK this blacksmith quest from the damn orc in Makarth will be the death of me. In an earlier attempt I could not get the forge fingers because quest bugged with me being already orc kin and the forgemaster fingers quest could not trigger. Now I tried a new playthrough, the orc figured that I was already blood kin and send me to Alfant dwarven ruins to find some gauntlents on some forge. I searched the entire ruin 3 times but no magic gauntlets. Where are they? What are they called? can I just use a console command or the add item mod to get it? many thanks

Nevermind, just gave myself the forgemaster fingers with console command and all is well ?

Hi! I am currently doing the mage quest and it seems that i cannot continue without the optional quest the help the guy at the white phial. problem is, he only has an option to do the vanilla white phial quest and even if i complete it, the questlog does not update. Maby i am just stupid and overlooked something, so any help is appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Heroghost said:

Hi! I am currently doing the mage quest and it seems that i cannot continue without the optional quest the help the guy at the white phial. problem is, he only has an option to do the vanilla white phial quest and even if i complete it, the questlog does not update. Maby i am just stupid and overlooked something, so any help is appreciated.

Ah just found out i have to return to the undying to complete it, perhaps adding that to the quest description or mark the optional quest to help him as complete when the White Phial Quest is completed would be nice

• 2 weeks later...

I'm supposed to get a book for Farengar from the Jarl's chambers (Before the Ages of Men), I've searched everything, where is the book supposed to be? :classic_mellow:

Edit:

Really no one knows where this book could be or can tell me the item ID? :classic_sad:

Edited by Krynn
On 6/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, Krynn said:

I'm supposed to get a book for Farengar from the Jarl's chambers (Before the Ages of Men), I've searched everything, where is the book supposed to be? :classic_mellow:

Edit:

Really no one knows where this book could be or can tell me the item ID? :classic_sad:

The book is in the study of the Jarl, on the main desk. it is in the Jarl's quarter, next to the dining room if I remember.

4 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

The book is in the study of the Jarl, on the main desk. it is in the Jarl's quarter, next to the dining room if I remember.

Thank you for your reply. I've gone through everything 5 times now and read all the books and took them with me, unfortunately that's not there.

33 minutes ago, Krynn said:

Thank you for your reply. I've gone through everything 5 times now and read all the books and took them with me, unfortunately that's not there.

maybe it fell on the ground?

i will take a screenshot next time I go to whiterun.

10 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

maybe it fell on the ground?

i will take a screenshot next time I go to whiterun.

On the floor I also searched everything, also with "tcl" I have already searched in case it would have fallen through the floor, but also nothing.

Thanks that would be great, or you may have an item ID, then I can just give it with "additem" in the inventory, I have with "help" also already searched for the name of the book and everything that only book concerns, but also found nothing.

Edited by Krynn
10 hours ago, Krynn said:

On the floor I also searched everything, also with "tcl" I have already searched in case it would have fallen through the floor, but also nothing.

Thanks that would be great, or you may have an item ID, then I can just give it with "additem" in the inventory, I have with "help" also already searched for the name of the book and everything that only book concerns, but also found nothing.

It's an Illusion Skill book from the Vanilla game, on the desk next to to the two books Dialogues added to the game - "Aetherial Fragments" and "Magic from the Sky".

If you want to add it with the console, it is called 'SkillIllusion4' - form ID: 0001B012

image.png

13 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

It's an Illusion Skill book from the Vanilla game, on the desk next to to the two books Dialogues added to the game - "Aetherial Fragments" and "Magic from the Sky".

If you want to add it with the console, it is called 'SkillIllusion4' - form ID: 0001B012

Ok, thank you very much!
The problem was that I thought the name of the book is also written in english, like the potions I had to prepare first. Also I thought I would get a message when I took the right book, but in my game the book is also not a skill book.

• 1 month later...

Is there any system for 'corrupting' NPCs? I see the option 'Seduction/Corruption', but there's not a real explanation of how it works/how much is implemented/what it actually DOES. Maybe I'm just being blind, but so far I've only seen it used for 'good' relationship talk. (Out of context this sounds awful to ask about, wow)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Trying to figure out an option in the MCM that is greyed out in Quests . . . the Become a Priest option. I am obviously using the SSE conversion, but as those pages just point here for the fullest description, I am left to wonder. Why is that option greyed out? Is it part of the LE version that then was ported to SSE, or never was part of LE, or . . ? 

Why is it greyed out? What mod am I missing I guess?

51 minutes ago, ETSubmariner said:

Trying to figure out an option in the MCM that is greyed out in Quests . . . the Become a Priest option. I am obviously using the SSE conversion, but as those pages just point here for the fullest description, I am left to wonder. Why is that option greyed out? Is it part of the LE version that then was ported to SSE, or never was part of LE, or . . ? 

Why is it greyed out? What mod am I missing I guess?

I believe it was supposed to be added, after the mage quest, but it was never released. Basically a planned feature that was prepared with a MCM menu.