Hi it me again and I think I may have found a bug.

So I got Piffe awake and she told me to give Mei her note. However I never get a note or a dialogue option to give the note to Mei he just says that he doesn't believe me and I never went to nipton.

There's no bug, you have to search the bunker where you found Pfiffie

May I ask if it's possible to get merged versions of your ESM/ESP files ?

I would like to play your mod, but right now I count 5 ESM and 2 ESPs with the patch = 7 files, which is about 5 too many for me.

I don't mind trying to do it myself with FNVedit, if you think there is no risk of bugs with me doing so.

Maybe should I just wait for future versions ?

Thank you.

Sorry if this bothering anyone but I'm thinking about getting this mod. I know the previous is demo version but it is a very awsome mod. However i had to uninstalled it because it is very unstable. The most important function is enslave but it was contantly bugged like never broke and randomly disappear slaves, change gender even.

i don't mind the long and hard quests but in the past i had to do the quests too many times and it became too long because everytime it was bugged i had to start over. Enslaving people is the reason why i get the SS mod but i couldn't explored the whole mod due to bugs from quests and enslave processes. Please someone confirm me that the enslave function is stable and playable. I can't bear the feel that i do the same quests over and over again just to find another error again.

Thank you very much for reading this much and pardon me for my English.

Enslaving is easy, managing NPCs is difficult and I think, I hope, that this part is as stable as permit the game himself (other devs will understand what I mean :D ). Wait for the next version because I rework some elements for now.

May I ask if it's possible to get merged versions of your ESM/ESP files ?

I would like to play your mod, but right now I count 5 ESM and 2 ESPs with the patch = 7 files, which is about 5 too many for me.

I don't mind trying to do it myself with FNVedit, if you think there is no risk of bugs with me doing so.

Maybe should I just wait for future versions ?

Thank you.

The problem is that you will have to do the job after each update of the mod. While in dev, I won't aggregate the different parts.

This is just me being impatient, but I just had to delete this mod. The searching is kinda fun at first but after wasting hours sitting in one spot trying to figure things out things get real boring and I just can't deal with it. Shame, this mod seemed really good.

The problem is that you will have to do the job after each update of the mod. While in dev, I won't aggregate the different parts.

No worries, I can understand that. Still looking forwards to playing the mod once it's out of development hell.

Thank you for your reply, and work on the mod.

• 3 weeks later...

What should I do after completing the first quest?

Pfiffie is enslaved

I believe that's as far as the first quest goes, and you have to wait for the second instalment to come out. I assume that's what you mean. If not, let me know. :)
  • 2 weeks later...

This mod does a lot of things right as far as I am concerned.

1) Persistent slaves only - saves a lot of headaches, like feature and sex changes.
2) Slaves are not cloned, and retain their original refid. That means they might not break quests, retain their own dialogue, and offer the possibility of release.

Of course that brings other problems:
1) If you want to support slave sales, persistent NPCs would be lost forever - unless you could always buy them back.
2) With a persistent slave - I always want the ability to change my mind. In the current mod, can I remove a faction and have them return to their normal behavior?
Are they damaged in any way, like missing packages or dialogue? Will a released merchant still be a merchant with the same supplies? (Assumes ability to release)
3) We have no idea if characters like the Gibsons are important for the next episode. If we happen to enslave them (cough), it would be really nice to be able to fix them.

Which brings me to my current problem.
I have a good dozen trained slaves in the waiting room.
If I have one of them follow me, I can never stop them from following.
Both "Relax" and "Wait" say there are no beacons for them to go to.
Any suggestions, other than don't have them follow?

Looking forward to the next installment.

Note: I have had occasional trouble using drugged darts to enslave, as long as I wait two days after starting training on one.

"Setunconscious 1" always works if I wait two days.

Incident report: the command center turrets fired on new slaves Willow and Delilah. Never fired on vanilla slaves.

Very minor walkthrough:

talk to all the people in goodsprings, sunny witll give you the location of handcuffs, go there, find a small metal box along the rock wall, inside is a note giving information. Go steal a key from the guy living down in the trailer nearby, and go to helios one. There is a small black manhole above the fasttravel spot up on the ridge, go in and you need to pass some hidden speech checks of maybe 40 or 90 speech (unknown) for him to tell you to go to nipton to find his sister. In the nipton hotel building (left of town square) and behind the tower square (under the water tower) are two bunkers each with legion info papers inside and one with piffie.

Give piffie an antidote (comprised of 2 purified water with twice as many stimpaks as glands, and she will tell you to return to Miel. Before you go, grab her note from the locker behind you. Return to miel, talk with him and get the legion identifiers from the room he opens the door to. Then return to the goodsprings bunker (above goodsprings source) and the robot should be gone but piffie will show up outside of it. Use the note from the mercenary, RULES is the order of the switches based on direction, and SECSE is an anagram for the keywords in the terminal. 

I am now stuck on how to get piffie to stay still on the pad next to the final door. Or perhaps I don't have enough dogtags? I have 6 legion plaque things and 5 NCR dog tags.?

Very minor walkthrough:

talk to all the people in goodsprings, sunny witll give you the location of handcuffs, go there, find a small metal box along the rock wall, inside is a note giving information. Go steal a key from the guy living down in the trailer nearby, and go to helios one. There is a small black manhole above the fasttravel spot up on the ridge, go in and you need to pass some hidden speech checks of maybe 40 or 90 speech (unknown) for him to tell you to go to nipton to find his sister. In the nipton hotel building (left of town square) and behind the tower square (under the water tower) are two bunkers each with legion info papers inside and one with piffie.

Give piffie an antidote (comprised of 2 purified water with twice as many stimpaks as glands, and she will tell you to return to Miel. Before you go, grab her note from the locker behind you. Return to miel, talk with him and get the legion identifiers from the room he opens the door to. Then return to the goodsprings bunker (above goodsprings source) and the robot should be gone but piffie will show up outside of it. Use the note from the mercenary, RULES is the order of the switches based on direction, and SECSE is an anagram for the keywords in the terminal. 

I am now stuck on how to get piffie to stay still on the pad next to the final door. Or perhaps I don't have enough dogtags? I have 6 legion plaque things and 5 NCR dog tags.?

I went around and around on this one. When you get Piffie to agree to wait on the pedestal, she starts moving toward it, then gives up. That breaks the scene, and the intercom will not work.

After a lot of head scratching, what worked for me was moving to the far side of the pedestal before talking to Piffie.

If she does not have far to move, she successfully makes it to the pedestal, the cell door closes, and the intercom is happy again.

You might have to play with positioning a bit to avoid getting locked in with her when the cell closes.

Note: I love Strec's mods, but I hope he will get someone else to create female NPCs for him... This mod deserves gorgeous ones.

Very minor walkthrough:

I went around and around on this one. When you get Piffie to agree to wait on the pedestal, she starts moving toward it, then gives up. That breaks the scene, and the intercom will not work.

After a lot of head scratching, what worked for me was moving to the far side of the pedestal before talking to Piffie.

If she does not have far to move, she successfully makes it to the pedestal, the cell door closes, and the intercom is happy again.

You might have to play with positioning a bit to avoid getting locked in with her when the cell closes.

Note: I love Strec's mods, but I hope he will get someone else to create female NPCs for him... This mod deserves gorgeous ones.

Hmm, i can't seem to talk to piffie to get her to stay, she just follows me around. When I tried to interact with her my screen zooms in briefly, but then returns, no dialogue. Is this an error of some kind?

Very minor walkthrough:

Hmm, i can't seem to talk to piffie to get her to stay, she just follows me around. When I tried to interact with her my screen zooms in briefly, but then returns, no dialogue. Is this an error of some kind?

More details:

You never actually said you used the intercom the first time. Once you solve the final puzzle and go through the puzzle door, you have to use the intercom to get the slavers orders to get dogtags. After that, Piffie will talk to you, and you tell her to stand on pedestal.

More details:

You never actually said you used the intercom the first time. Once you solve the final puzzle and go through the puzzle door, you have to use the intercom to get the slavers orders to get dogtags. After that, Piffie will talk to you, and you tell her to stand on pedestal.

I did though! I spoke to it to get the information to get the dogtags, and I also cannot interact with it further, same zoom in and out I get with piffie. Do I need to back up a few saves? Do I have the wrong kind of NCr dogtags?

Speculation on my part here:

You spoke to the intercom and got directions.

You spoke to Piffie and told here to go wait on pedestal.

She tried to get to pedestal and failed.

At this point the scene is broken. The intercom will not interact and neither will Piffie.

The type of dogtags you have is irrelavent until Piffie is safely locked in a cage on the pedestal.

Load a save from immediately before you enter the room with the intercom.

More details:

I did though! I spoke to it to get the information to get the dogtags, and I also cannot interact with it further, same zoom in and out I get with piffie. Do I need to back up a few saves? Do I have the wrong kind of NCr dogtags?

Speculation on my part here:

You spoke to the intercom and got directions.

You spoke to Piffie and told here to go wait on pedestal.

She tried to get to pedestal and failed.

At this point the scene is broken. The intercom will not interact and neither will Piffie. She will just follow you around.

The type of dogtags you have is irrelevant until Piffie is safely locked in a cage on the pedestal.

Load a save from immediately before you enter the room with the intercom.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem as Wavo the only difference is.

Piffi will not talk and zooms in and out after first inter action with the intercom so I can't even talk to her to get her on the pedistole.

I have not seen that problem. What often works for me is target the NPC in the console, then type disable followed by enable.

Am having the same problem as fred.  I have all the Legion and NCR dogtags, click the intercom, go through the dialog and get handed the 'test' by the slaver.  When I try to talk to Piff, the camera zooms in a second, then back to *sort of* normal.  If I was in 3rd person when I talked to Piff, after the zoom-in bug, I can't see myself until I activate my Pip boy then exit out of it...then my 3rd person view comes back.  It does the same thing if I turn to talk to the intercom AFTER the bug with Piff happens. I tried moving to the far side of the platform...same result....tried targetting Piff and disable in the console...she vanished, and I couldn't get her back.  Reloaded previous save at the door puzzle....same result...reloaded two different saves...same result....have reloaded the game dozens of times...same result....can't talk to Piff, the camera zooms in a little, then back out...then nothing...

GE, so I guess I'm at the end of the first quest, Piffe is enslaved and 'chilling out' in the slave bedroom area.  Is there more training or anything to do with her? just curious.  Also, when I used the teleporters in the headquarters, the one to Nipton and the one to Helios both cause CTD over and over...only the Cemetary port works.  Is this a bug or just no content yet?

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm back at the Goodsprings source after freeing Pfiffie and returning to Miel. I've found the hatch to the bunker, and get the 'where's pfiffie' pop-up, but then she just stands there. If I try to talk to her, the screen just zooms in. When I go in the bunker, the robot attacks me.

So, what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: nvm, restarted the whole thing, worked this time.

• 2 weeks later...

First, I apologize for this long absence, health control life its advantage is that it leaves you plenty of time to think  :)

I came back and had good news, seeing that NVSE and extender are more and more powerfull, thanks to all devs, I think there are some reading here. I saw that TTW is very well advanced and stable, a great pleasure.

On bad news I see that as there are more and more interesting mods it's as more difficult to develop without creating incompatibility. I did too think a lot on the ratio time/result I had on SS3 and it's a pity. Wanting to do a such big mod alone is impossible, period, even if I did master all the needs, what is far from the reality.

So if I continue to mod NV, I'll work on otherwise, trying to deliver more finished things cause for now I just launch works without finishing them because the todo list become longer and longer as problems ideas comes  :)

This mod does a lot of things right as far as I am concerned.

1) Persistent slaves only - saves a lot of headaches, like feature and sex changes.
2) Slaves are not cloned, and retain their original refid. That means they might not break quests, retain their own dialogue, and offer the possibility of release.

Of course that brings other problems:
1) If you want to support slave sales, persistent NPCs would be lost forever - unless you could always buy them back.
2) With a persistent slave - I always want the ability to change my mind. In the current mod, can I remove a faction and have them return to their normal behavior?
Are they damaged in any way, like missing packages or dialogue? Will a released merchant still be a merchant with the same supplies? (Assumes ability to release)
3) We have no idea if characters like the Gibsons are important for the next episode. If we happen to enslave them (cough), it would be really nice to be able to fix them.

Which brings me to my current problem.
I have a good dozen trained slaves in the waiting room.
If I have one of them follow me, I can never stop them from following.
Both "Relax" and "Wait" say there are no beacons for them to go to.
Any suggestions, other than don't have them follow?

Looking forward to the next installment.

Note: I have had occasional trouble using drugged darts to enslave, as long as I wait two days after starting training on one.

"Setunconscious 1" always works if I wait two days.

Incident report: the command center turrets fired on new slaves Willow and Delilah. Never fired on vanilla slaves.

Concerning persistent NPC I'll never go back, it really avoid a lot of problems even if some persists (respawning of the inventory for example). I'll surely go farer cause I want my mods working with TTW too and as I can't know all quests (and don't want to lost too many time to learn that)  I'll set a caution in my docs saying that it is recommended to finish the vanilla game before using the mod cause it can break some quests and will not try to avoid this (if a patch can be done it will be added outside of the mod).

As I attach a great importance on roleplay there will always have a reason explaining. For example, due to drugs and technologies used to break slaves, they are completly brainwashed and will never recover their past even if released. So, in the future version, even if you release a slave it will be erratic and  unpredictable, recovering some things but not all. It's player choice to enslave one NPC, no mine  :)

(technically, memorising all infos on a NPC and recovering them would get too much stockage space and to much work. ask NVSE team a serialization process for NPCs and we'll see :D  )

Note: I change only a few things on NPCs so if an enslaved merchant is no more a merchant it have a problem (non standard mechant or load order problem with conflicts). For information the first thing I do when I play is to enslave some merchants and put them in the bunker to have a centralized store, but all don't work, try, ...).

Concerning the slave trading, it's exactly the same, it's player choice to sell an important NPC or not. IF future version you'll have the possibility to produce new slaves (by reproduction or by cloning, don't know for now) and it will really be the player choice without obligation. 

Concerning the enslaving problems :

The external drugging system is not well managed by SS3, I missed something. I consider only unconscious or sleeping people but there is a hole. Sexout drugging acts by lovering the NPC fatigue under 0, causing fallout chore VISUALLY make it falling unconscious, but VISUALLY only, the flags 'unconscious' or 'sleeping' are not setted. The solution is to add a perk action to test 'fatigue <0' and modify the enslaving code to restore fatigue. If future version, I'll have my own drugging system integrated cause with TTW there are a lot of problems concerning old weapons and ammos mods.

Concerning the beacons problem :

To have a slave waiting at a point you must be near a SS3 beacon. You have some in the bunker but not enough and you can have your own beacons (5 max) placed where you want (wear the beacon manager).

Problem is always the same, beacons must be persistent so I must place them in the game. The more fixed beacons I place and the more cell I must modify, creating more and more incompatibilities. In future version I'll act differently, you'll be able to define any persistent existing object (for example a door) as a beacon. Perhaps I'll deliver a free version of notepad.exe to help player remember all beacons he have defined  :D

Concerning the dialogs problems :

I promise I'll never redo any topic named GREETINGS in any future mod I'll do  :lol: