Dammit... New Skyrim Install - RaceMenu - ECE - ENB

Myst42

I had a working one

Got new GPU

Now for the first time in forever, I can have a working ENB

Confused face starts when remembering all the thousand little massive mods affecting environment

All of them with 10 pages of text, have to fight my way to find the stuff that matters

Still not sure if I installed everything right, paranoia settles in.

Not sure if I made the right choice, but installing it is so tedious that I'm now afraid of uninstalling

Tried RealVision ENB

Still feels like there's no enough DoF (activated cause it was disabled)

Also dont' know where to even begin if there even is a better option

Cursing and swearing when realizing most people, and most mods coming out recently, use RaceMenu instead of Enhanced Character Edit (ECE) for character making, and now I can't have characters with body tattoos

Swearing increases when remembering ALL my characters were made with ECE and I get the feeling there's no chance in hell I can keep them looking the same, or even functional if I change now to RaceMenu as I don't even know how it works, that's not even considering all the extra mods and stuff I've applied to correct vampire transformation issues, which include removing dirt effect, ageing and replacing a particular eye texture to make non-glowy eyes which were assigned to vampires, custom.

*Sigh

Goddamn Skyrim mods...

Why does everything have to be so messy?

I guess I'm just tired...

Thks for listening anyway

Any solutions, recommendations? Words of encouragement?

About DoF what do you mean by not enough? Talking about distance or bluriness?

With racemenu you can have tattoo overlays (among other things), search for racemenu in nexus search engine to see what's available. If you want to have the same kind of face you got with ECE, use one of RAN's headmeshes. You probably noticed that most sliders in racemenu are present twice, the second one, most of the time, matches ECE's slider, tweak these. Or just go back to ECE if you're more comfortable with it, doesn't matter what others use.

First of all , in case you didn't ,  get Mod organizer to install your mods instead of NMM or manual installation , it will make modding way easier .

Secondly , ENB's are awful , they always make the game look bad ( at least for me ) , so i begin to use this , it makes everything look just perfect , you can add this For DoF .

Also , if you made a certain character look using ece then i don't see why you can't do it using Racemenu .

And from there , just start installing all mods you like slowly as you play ,texture mods can be easily installed and unistalled at will using Mod Organizer without worrying about missing up your skyrim install .

Secondly , ENB's are awful , they always make the game look bad ( at least for me ) , so i begin to use this , it makes everything look just perfect , you can add this For DoF .

ALWAYS? Someone is using hyperbole...

Note, you didn't say that you didn't like them, but they are bad. That is an objective statement, meaning it is universally true. You understand how that might piss people off because they like ENBs?

Soften it up and just turn it into a subjective statement, it will ruffle fewer feathers... It is also more polite.

Seconfly, I think ENBs are awful

Only two additional words...

First of all thank you guys for replying

About DoF what do you mean by not enough? Talking about distance or bluriness?

With racemenu you can have tattoo overlays (among other things), search for racemenu in nexus search engine to see what's available. If you want to have the same kind of face you got with ECE, use one of RAN's headmeshes. You probably noticed that most sliders in racemenu are present twice, the second one, most of the time, matches ECE's slider, tweak these. Or just go back to ECE if you're more comfortable with it, doesn't matter what others use.

Blurriness

First of all , in case you didn't ,  get Mod organizer to install your mods instead of NMM or manual installation , it will make modding way easier .

Also , if you made a certain character look using ece then i don't see why you can't do it using Racemenu .

And from there , just start installing all mods you like slowly as you play ,texture mods can be easily installed and unistalled at will using Mod Organizer without worrying about missing up your skyrim install .

Doesn't that change the installed mods folder outside the data folder?

NVM that... OCD and sloth try to get in the way of me installing it, but I guess I should try

Why cant create using racemenu?

Well... It's not new characters I'm worried about

It's my main

I have her locked and saved, making her was a real piece of work and I cringe at the perspective of starting again from zero

Well, I don't use realvision so i don't know what kind of DoF it uses, but check enbeffectprepass.fx and see if there's a blurscale value in it, increase it (higher value = more blur).

And yeah, MO doesn't install anything in data folder, it uses a virtual fs to install mods. Worth the little learning curve.

Well if you don't want to start from scratch, converting to MO might be a problem. It's highly recommended to wipe Skyrim and and load everything in through MO.

Well RM can do every thing ECE does EXCEPT the face sculpt, which it will be able to do shortly. Version 3A was given out not long ago to test it, so it shouldn't be TOOO long before RM can do everything ECE does. Saying that, there is no way to turn a ECE face into a RM face using tools. You can try to see what sliders you used and record their settings and then replicate them in RM manually, as long as you didn't use vertex edit then it will work.

As for ENB or a like ENB mod, you can use a large project lightening overhaul or not. Only lighting overhaul I use is darker dungeons, and that's it, just used my ENB to do the rest. Most ENBs have a recommended lighting overhaul or suggest to use none at all.

Note, you didn't say that you didn't like them, but they are bad. That is an objective statement, meaning it is universally true. You understand how that might piss people off because they like ENBs?

Soften it up and just turn it into a subjective statement, it will ruffle fewer feathers... It is also more polite.

There is nothing to be offended about, i said they look awful because they do look awful and unrealistic for me , i did mention "at least for me" didn't i ? i also said that because the OP mentioned that he had trouble getting enbs working, so there might be a chance for him having trouble with them later on,  if they look good for you or for the OP then just continue on using them, nothing personal was mentioned on my previous comment to make it offensive :)

Well, I don't use realvision so i don't know what kind of DoF it uses, but check enbeffectprepass.fx and see if there's a blurscale value in it, increase it (higher value = more blur).

And yeah, MO doesn't install anything in data folder, it uses a virtual fs to install mods. Worth the little learning curve.

Current DoF has a large area of normal view, but I guess I can live with it.

Well if you don't want to start from scratch, converting to MO might be a problem. It's highly recommended to wipe Skyrim and and load everything in through MO.

Well RM can do every thing ECE does EXCEPT the face sculpt, which it will be able to do shortly. Version 3A was given out not long ago to test it, so it shouldn't be TOOO long before RM can do everything ECE does. Saying that, there is no way to turn a ECE face into a RM face using tools. You can try to see what sliders you used and record their settings and then replicate them in RM manually, as long as you didn't use vertex edit then it will work.

As for ENB or a like ENB mod, you can use a large project lightening overhaul or not. Only lighting overhaul I use is darker dungeons, and that's it, just used my ENB to do the rest. Most ENBs have a recommended lighting overhaul or suggest to use none at all.

I actually am loading everything again. The whole game is migrating, including mods and finally saves

Bad news for me

Most of her face is made using vertex edit

2125204-1408932629.jpg

There is nothing to be offended about, i said they look awful because they do look awful and unrealistic for me , i did mention "at least for me" didn't i ? i also said that because the OP mentioned that he had trouble getting enbs working, so there might be a chance for him having trouble with them later on,  if they look good for you or for the OP then just continue on using them, nothing personal was mentioned on my previous comment to make it offensive :)

It's nice to know there are alternatives to ENBs

I had trouble because of the 10 pages of text you find on the mod's pages, all the little requirements etc...

IE, Real vision needed Climates of Tamriel, some graphical tweaks on video card control panel, some more ini tweaks and running an executable in the ENB's folder... In the old days, you just grabbed and dropped files

But I got it working... at least I ran though the entire intro sequence to Riverwood and everything is still fine

It's nice to know there are alternatives to ENBs

I had trouble because of the 10 pages of text you find on the mod's pages, all the little requirements etc...

IE, Real vision needed Climates of Tamriel, some graphical tweaks on video card control panel, some more ini tweaks and running an executable in the ENB's folder... In the old days, you just grabbed and dropped files

But I got it working... at least I ran though the entire intro sequence to Riverwood and everything is still fine

Ya i had a similar experience with Real Vision x.x , it worked for me , but then i switched to ICBINE 2, it's cool because i can change the effects to suit my eyes :D .

I know enbs like RV and others look sick on some monitors though =D , wasn't for me for some reason xD.

I have a 7 year old computer and recently upgraded my video card from a 460 to a 750. While that helped some it still wasn't good enough to run an ENB to my liking. In vanilla my FPS is from 70 to 80 and with an ENB i'm at 30 to 40. This was even with older ENBs like CinemaScope which I really liked but then I discovered Zoner's - it seems that my computer doesn't like ENBs but SweetFX is just fine. With this I'm between 50 and 70 FPS and that's awesome for me.

I use Dynavision,  Imaginator, RLO, and COT. No texture mods mostly I have replacers, animation, and gear.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I know many people used to use both ECE and RaceMenu when creating characters (for the same reason as you actually, body tattoos and other overlays). Now like I said I'm no expert on the subject since I've used RaceMenu forever, but perhaps after a good night's sleep, you should do some research about it, try to find out how. In fact I'm pretty sure some people at LL could easily help you with that, should you make another topic with that question.

I don't think they can be easily used together. Both edit the same thing

Well My char was made though ECE so it's not going away anytime soon

I just saw some race mods with RaceMenu requirement, that among other things made me think almost everyone uses RaceMenu

Reason I wanted to do that too is compatibility with new mods and other things I could eventually download here but what the hell...

I believe I once saw a post saying how both could be used together but it required tricks

Guess the real question now is HOW...

If my memory serves right, you're supposed to keep ECE installed but disable it's plugins, then install RaceMenu. Or something like that. Just try to play around with it really. if that doesn't work try loading your char with ECE, saving, then uninstall ECE and put RaceMenu in. As far as I'm aware of, the sliders from ECE are part of CharGen, which is integrated into RaceMenu.

If my memory serves right, you're supposed to keep ECE installed but disable it's plugins, then install RaceMenu. Or something like that. Just try to play around with it really. if that doesn't work try loading your char with ECE, saving, then uninstall ECE and put RaceMenu in. As far as I'm aware of, the sliders from ECE are part of CharGen, which is integrated into RaceMenu.

He uses vertex edit. That is the only thing RM can't do currently. Saying that, there is a CHANCE that the vortex info MIGHT stay if you have both installed. Just leave the face sliders alone, changing one might reset the face if RM hasn't reset the face on loading. Only use the body sliders and tattoo overlay. Still might not work though.

He needs to wait for Racemenu 3, in the hopes of possible conversion. Other wise stick with ECE.

Hey elalquimista, I don't know if you've solved your problem yet, but it's convienient you post this question about installing RealVision ENB. This YouTube Video is a step-by-step instruction video on how to install RealVision ENB. It was uploaded yesterday, so this is perfect timing. The video is by Gamer Poets, probably never heard of him, and he makes great Skyrim mod instructionals. Hope this video is just what you're looking for and, like most everyone else here, I strongly recommend you download and use ModOrganizer. It does take a bit of getting used to, but it's so much better than NMM. My favorite part is that it keeps your skyrim directory clutter free and will let you have multiple Skyrim mod lists (in case you want a devious mod-list and one for more casual play).

I have a 7 year old computer and recently upgraded my video card from a 460 to a 750. While that helped some it still wasn't good enough to run an ENB to my liking. In vanilla my FPS is from 70 to 80 and with an ENB i'm at 30 to 40. This was even with older ENBs like CinemaScope which I really liked but then I discovered Zoner's - it seems that my computer doesn't like ENBs but SweetFX is just fine. With this I'm between 50 and 70 FPS and that's awesome for me.

I use Dynavision,  Imaginator, RLO, and COT. No texture mods mostly I have replacers, animation, and gear.

You can reduce or eliminate the frame rate drop by turning off the DoF and Ambient Occlusion in the ENB, also a number of them usually set the Anistropic Filtering to x16 and turn on a number of AA setting as well.

Right. I guess I'll be sticking with ECE and see what the future brings regarding RaceMenu

If even after the vertex edition improvement it's still impossible, I'll be saying goodbye to the possibility of tattoos for good

Lastly regarding ENBs

I kept this image

post-6429-0-56865000-1416770734_thumb.jpg

Well, I kept a lot of Skyrim images, from when I started collecting stuff

Mostly they were kept because pretty and because I literally turn green with envy every time i see them

This could also fall under "what mod is this" category, but since this was about ENBs and graphic effects, I'd ask:

What does it take to make one's game as beautiful and amazing as what is seen in that picture?

I realize it's obviously not just an ENB but a crapload of mods probably...

about this vertix edit how does it work and how to configure it?

It's just an extra feature on ECE chargen

just like "eyes" "hair" etc

You can manually select vertices on your char's face and move em on x y and z

You can also have an effect area to drag near vertices so that they smoothly follow the one selected

In short, you can sculpt face manually without the annoying effects of regular chargen features

Archived