SIGH** OK, I'm ready to pull out my hair

Shaqrach

OK. I admit, and I'm not trying to be annoying here, I am extremely wet behind the ears with this stuff. But how in the hell do you install .esp and .esm mods into FOMM. Every time I try, I get the message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." I'm trying to figure it out on my own, but its just resulting in my unending frustration. I have FOMM installed.

Most mods come in rar/zip format you need to unzip them manually and then drop the meshes/textures and .esp into your game folder then load up FOMM and then tick the .esm/.esp boxes in the left hand area. If you are trying to load a FOMod you have to click the package manager tab and then click add FOMod and then select the one you want and once it is placed in the most list in the package manager area you can click it to install it.

OK. I admit, and I'm not trying to be annoying here, I am extremely wet behind the ears with this stuff. But how in the hell do you install .esp and .esm mods into FOMM. Every time I try, I get the message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." I'm trying to figure it out on my own, but its just resulting in my unending frustration. I have FOMM installed.

I should clarify. I can download and install the 7zip stuff, it just the stuff that downloads as .esm and .esp. Please help!!

What I usually do with loose plugins is archive them and then run them through FOMM. It can read .7z, .rar, and .zip archives, so the program you use to do it isn't that important. In my experience it just makes organizing your files easier.

Thanks, that made so much sense. I can't believe how easy it is. Thanks again.

Archived