UNP(B) or CBBE? I can never decide if I wanna switch...

Alonwoof

So, I've been playing and modding Skyrim for a few years now, and I love my nude mods, always play nudist character, am a nudist IRL, made a custom UNP bodyslide shape that's kinda chubby, kinda muscle with medium boobs. (Didn't bother with outfits since only my character has the body and she never wear clothes)

Then... I got one of my favorite new follower mods, Rosa Round-Bottom. I love this mod.. but see... it's making me want to switch to CBBE since I never really DISLIKED CBBE... just prefered UNP (and UNPB) because it looked more realistic to me.  I would switch her body to UNPK, for the butt, but I'm not sure if I should do that, or just switch to CBBE. I want outfits/accessories to be compatible with her UVs, but I don't know if I should stick with UNP or not.

What advantages does CBBE have over UNP? I generally prefer realistic women with high detail.

Putting aside my fanboyism for UNP, I'll be honest with you - neither is a bad choice.

CBBE carries a very unique advantage in the form of BodySlide. With this, you can twist and mold CBBE to suit your taste, at least as far as the mesh allows. The capacity to fine tune alone makes CBBE certainly worthy of the attention it gets. However, it suffers from an ancient, crappy that doesn't really handle extreme or very subtle reshaping very well. You can get close to any shape you want, but I'm willing to bet you'll never quite be satisfied with it, especially considering your preference for "realistic with high detail".

To that end you have UNP, which you already use. You should know most of this, then, but to repeat for the sake or presenting the case fully - UNP has one major advantage over CBBE in that it has the most extensive family of compatibility. SevenBase, CNHF, UNPB, UNPCM, UNPTopModel, UNPetite, and probably a few others all fall under the UNP uv map, and easily outnumber CBBE in terms of available options. CBBE can approximate all of these, but will never match the detail in any of them.

You can't go wrong, really, so best base your choice on which body has the outfits you like to wear most. Given your stated preference, though? I'd ultimately say stick to UNP.

Putting aside my fanboyism for UNP, I'll be honest with you - neither is a bad choice.

CBBE carries a very unique advantage in the form of BodySlide. With this, you can twist and mold CBBE to suit your taste, at least as far as the mesh allows. The capacity to fine tune alone makes CBBE certainly worthy of the attention it gets. However, it suffers from an ancient, crappy that doesn't really handle extreme or very subtle reshaping very well. You can get close to any shape you want, but I'm willing to bet you'll never quite be satisfied with it, especially considering your preference for "realistic with high detail".

To that end you have UNP, which you already use. You should know most of this, then, but to repeat for the sake or presenting the case fully - UNP has one major advantage over CBBE in that it has the most extensive family of compatibility. SevenBase, CNHF, UNPB, UNPCM, UNPTopModel, UNPetite, and probably a few others all fall under the UNP uv map, and easily outnumber CBBE in terms of available options. CBBE can approximate all of these, but will never match the detail in any of them.

You can't go wrong, really, so best base your choice on which body has the outfits you like to wear most. Given your stated preference, though? I'd ultimately say stick to UNP.

Thank you.

I actually had a copy of UNP Bodyslide, forgot who made it. I used it to make my custom body shape close to how I wanted it, and I'm happy with the results.

I switched Rosa over to UNPK, fixed her neck seams, she's looking great.

I had no idea ALL of those body types used the same UVs. That just totally expanded all my choices. Thanks. ^_^

On the other hand UNP comes with far better stock clothing support, where many CBBE stock clothes tend to get strange pot-bellies, flat or soup bowl shaped breasts and what not depending on what you do with it. Even CBBE's plugin to mimic UNP shaped bodies does not completely remedy this.

The UNP stock clothing pack is also complete, CBBE's clothing isn't because either the author or whoever helped out stopped developing for it. For me, this is a silent warning that CBBE may not be upgraded someday, in example when a TES6 or newer body is released, while UNP is more likely to stay in development.

For those reasons, I picked UNP. In fact, I have a self-customized UNP dimonized version with custom sliders and bone behaviour.

UNP does have an older bodyslide. Less options but it can still make many unique shapes.

CBBE has outfit studio, which can be used to export to UNP, but it is easy to use with CBBE.

So use cbbe or UNP body slide and form the body you like! Personally I Bodyslide UNP.

I'm sorry, did I post this in the wrong subforum?

I didn't realize...

The topic of "which body is better" has been discussed to death. If you want suggestions that bad then I suggest you to go search the forums, including the archives. 

Also I'm going to assume that you don't have a high powered rig since the Rosa round bottom follower somehow impresses you to begin with.

Heh, yeah. Wanted to show off the body I made, but I'm not sure if this is the right subforum for that. She's a really pretty chubby, but not too chubby figure. (Like my fursona, Alon.) Since she doesn't wear clothes anyhow, I can make her body however I want without any consequences/outfit studio/etc...

Wasn't there a mod to make the player's race use a different outfit mesh set if they used a custom race, though? I remember seeing something like that ages ago and passing it by because I was playing a vanilla race back then. (But now am a Ohmes-Raht khajiit)

I didn't realize...

The topic of "which body is better" has been discussed to death. If you want suggestions that bad then I suggest you to go search the forums, including the archives. 

Also I'm going to assume that you don't have a high powered rig since the Rosa round bottom follower somehow impresses you to begin with.

Pfft, high-powered setups aren't needed when it comes to aesthetics. So many gamers don't understand this. The trick is optimization, and a sense of style, not having more power. Of course, it's fun to brag that you've got a nice machine, isn't it?
As someone who's worked with graphics programming, the REAL impressive work is making beautiful things under limited specs.
Optimizing shaders, using the minimum amount of resource for the maximum amount of quality... I've spent hours profiling various parts of draw sequences, even down to every material drawcall, to find what works and what doesn't. Lots of trial and error, and it's hard work.

Heh, yeah. Wanted to show off the body I made, but I'm not sure if this is the right subforum for that. She's a really pretty chubby, but not too chubby figure. (Like my fursona, Alon.) Since she doesn't wear clothes anyhow, I can make her body however I want without any consequences/outfit studio/etc...

Wasn't there a mod to make the player's race use a different outfit mesh set if they used a custom race, though? I remember seeing something like that ages ago and passing it by because I was playing a vanilla race back then. (But now am a Ohmes-Raht khajiit)

I didn't realize...

Pfft, high-powered setups aren't needed when it comes to aesthetics. So many gamers don't understand this. The trick is optimization, and a sense of style, not having more power. Of course, it's fun to brag that you've got a nice machine, isn't it?
As someone who's worked with graphics programming, the REAL impressive work is making beautiful things under limited specs.
Optimizing shaders, using the minimum amount of resource for the maximum amount of quality... I've spent hours profiling various parts of draw sequences, even down to every material drawcall, to find what works and what doesn't. Lots of trial and error, and it's hard work.

Sure, you don't necessarily need an high-powered pc to make your game look, I've seen plenty of users make impressive screens with limited resources. A few managed to suck despite their limitless rig. But the fact that Rosa-round bottom impresses you? And you say sense of style?

That being said if you want 'realistic' try something like Real Bodies. CBBE/UNPB bodytypes should be considered ideal bodytypes instead.

> People still don't know about this mod.

Dunno what cave you've been living in but that's nothing new. Also why the reddit style?

Sure, you don't necessarily need an high-powered pc to make your game look, I've seen plenty of users make impressive screens with limited resources. A few managed to suck despite their limitless rig. But the fact that Rosa-round bottom impresses you? And you say sense of style?

That being said if you want 'realistic' try something like Real Bodies. CBBE/UNPB bodytypes should be considered ideal bodytypes instead.

What does Rosa have anything to do with the power of one's machine? She's just a follower. I like the look they chose for her. That has nothing to do with how "powerful" my rig is. I don't get mods for how much power it takes to run them, but for personal preferences in mods. I mean, if her skin is too low res, just get a higher res one? Is that what it is? I don't see how a mod is only impressive or worth calling your "favorite" if it's a graphical benchmark...

Seems like you're just needlessly acting like an elitist.

And I know they're idealistic in figure. I mean realism as in photorealism. UNP seems more detailed to me, and I usually either use the mature or real girl skins with it. Besides, that real bodies mesh looks really low poly, and has terrible UV stretching on the nipples... and I doubt there's any clothing mods compatible with it.

Rosa is merely for taste. As you said, the level of how powerful your rig doesn't really matter, its just the style. 

Changing the resolution might improve the aesthetic to a degree but I'm talking about graphical effects, not textures. Stuff like SSS, ambient occlusion is why I'm talking about high-powered rig. And it makes a massive difference to how your character looks.

For the record I don't have an high-end rig. 

Rosa is merely for taste. As you said, the level of how powerful your rig doesn't really matter, its just the style. 

Changing the resolution might improve the aesthetic to a degree but I'm talking about graphical effects, not textures. Stuff like SSS, ambient occlusion is why I'm talking about high-powered rig. 

And obviously I wasn't. So what's the deal?

Did I mention graphical effects even once in this thread? I don't believe I did.

Anyone with money and basic PC building skills can have a good rig, and anyone can install a high quality ENB. Doesn't mean anything, bears no relevance to this thread, and I don't think anyone here cares. So yeah.

Come back when you actually code your own AO or SSS shaders. Then maybe I'll care.

Then what are you going on about?

Please, explain. I am legitimately confused.

I mean, you go and make assumptions that my PC isn't very powerful because I said I like Rosa? How does that even make an ounce of sense? Quite tangential.

I think the argument started when I accidentally mentioned 'high-powered rig'. And then the conversation went off to the level of aesthetics.

But to go back to the original question: Each to their own.

Quite tangential.

Yep. But I got it right didn't I?

> People still don't know about this mod.

Dunno what cave you've been living in but that's nothing new. Also why the reddit style?

It's not what you are saying, because you are right. it's how you are saying it that is messed up. Turn the aggressiveness down a notch or twelve. 

You are coming off as a jerk, and I'm just letting you know in case it was unintentional. Nothing wrong with pointing things out... if you are courteous about it. Being that blunt makes you look like a troll, which I hope wasn't your intent. LL tries to have higher standard of conduct. than lets say... 4chan.

I think the argument started when I accidentally mentioned 'high-powered rig'. And then the conversation went off to the level of aesthetics.

But to go back to the original question: Each to their own.

Much better...

Quite tangential.

Yep. But I got it right didn't I?

/sigh

It's not about being right... It's about being respectful of others.

Can we have at least one thread around here that doesn't degenerate into mindless bickering please? Keep it on topic.

OP, this has been discussed to death like DobMC said. There is tons of threads in every section (literally) about which is better and what body type does everyone prefer. But to make it easier for you so you don't have to search, I'll give you the fast and easy run down.

UNP (and its equivalent body types) = Higher Detail.

CBBE (and its equivalent body types) = Higher Customization.

Simple as that. UNP is higher quality than CBBE, so naturally yeah, it looks nicer. But it lacks in customization that CBBE has. CBBE may be lower quality, but it has tons more customization options than UNP does. Ranging from more body types, to even BodySlide which allows full unique customization of your body (UNP has this as well, but doesn't have the huge support that the CBBE version does).

There is plenty of armors/clothing for each one (tons of skin support and other things as well for both), so in the end, it comes down to those two things. Quality or Customization.

Don't forget the other ones, you might find you'd prefer.

The biggest advantage, imo, of UNP is that it's on vanilla UV and so many other bodies also go by that. Meaning skin can be shown on any mismatching body armor and will still be place. CBBE has massive amounts of customization, but is isolated.

Personally I prefer armor mashups, and typically those can fly with any body that doesn't clip the pieces you're using. Although... many of them are fitted for UNP(B ) and 7B(7BO).

Then there's motion(and poses), which then becomes pretty objective. Interestingly, body mods that are top tier in this department have the least support - Dreamgirl, Lady Body, etc. 

In my game, I run a mix between Dreamgirl and 7BO. DG handles all things vanilla, to include the NPCs base body. My own character runs 7BO base, and remodels armors to fit or using 7BO mashups, or I fall back on some armors I'd prefer in DG.

There are also bodies that are their own island - ADEC, Lady Body, Venus(still vanilla UV), Leito(still vanilla UV),  etc. Some still fit within the vanilla UV, while some others don't. The authors of these bodies brought in their own full vanilla armor support.

Based on what you described in your first post, I recommend checking out Body by Leito 2.0: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57749/?

EDIT: And oh yeah, remember if you're using Racemenu that can pick up the slack through XPMS changing the body to your needs - it's not on the same level as bodyslide, but it is an alternative. Also advantageous to bodies that don't have bodyslide.

As others have mentioned,you can always change bodies as often as you can change your mind. I do it all of the time. You can also mix and match with the various mods previously listed or the Everybody's Different mod. The Enhanced Character Edits mods give you increased options for unique protagonist bodies,as well.

If you are to go with UNPK, you shouldn't forget about Gooboo's armor and clothing sets that go along with that body which allow the Dragon Born to wear clothes without being overly 'clothed'. That's reason enough to stick with it for a while.

Can we have at least one thread around here that doesn't degenerate into mindless bickering please? Keep it on topic.

My apologies. I've been trying to avoid arguments but occasionally I snap. 

The below is off-topic but I wanted to include it for opinion's sake.

It's not what you are saying, because you are right. it's how you are saying it that is messed up. Turn the aggressiveness down a notch or twelve. 

You are coming off as a jerk, and I'm just letting you know in case it was unintentional. Nothing wrong with pointing things out... if you are courteous about it. Being that blunt makes you look like a troll, which I hope wasn't your intent. LL tries to have higher standard of conduct. than lets say... 4chan.

I understand what your message is. Eh, but 4Chan? I don't see any use of vulgar words let alone name-calling (which is ironic considering what you said). Just pure criticism. 

Also respect comes with a price, don't you think? You can't just simply expect to be respected for nothing.

Other than that if you mean high conduct by being less lazy about requests then I'm on board. Hehe.

I use base UNP TBBP/HDT body most of the time. I really like the Top Model UNP body for thinner characters.

But I LOVE the Lady Body 3/Demonica body. It's amazingly high in poly/detail and it animates/poses better than any other, even better than Dreamgirl. In a couple of my MO profiles my PC is using Demonica and all the NPC use UNP HDT or Top Model TBBP bodies. Demonica has a few drawbacks, like less armor/clothing support (but it's continually getting better) and no facial animations (although I saw where that's being fixed now). But it's still a very good choice even considering those drawbacks.

Archived