spirit_shard also just one request if possible if we can get mcm option to disable permanent drain like after we drain it npc max healt wont go down or something :D it would be nice to have it as tick button in mcm i dont know if we have tho i might have missed it

This would actually be pretty easy to add in, I just keep skipping over it. I'll try and add it in the next release whenever that is.

The only box I had ticked was allow drain to death. But, to be clear, these NPC's didn't die apart from the one I raped, but their health all fell. If u don't spec any passive points into the violence - health, then this wont happen. ...

....it depends on how long the sex action takes...you could have Sexlab option of manually advancing sex stages...

I'm not being critical of spirit_shard...

... Some of the stuff isn't really documented that well, I don,t know, for example, what the passives Regal Glow and Formal Beauty do, some of the others are easy to work out, others I have worked out by trial and error...

Appologies for the long explanation ahead, but I feel it's worth explaining at least once. Ultimately Succubus Heart doesn't apply any "AoE" effects while in an act, instead it uses a single dynamic cloak which checks variables/spells on NPCs for various effects. This means if the problem is with Succubus Heart's cloak spell NPCs are ALWAYS being drained, which would probably be pretty noticeable since any NPC you encountered in the open world would die randomly, everywhere... If this isn't the case then the next block of text covers it...

I don't think this bug is caused by Succubus Heart itself but is actually the same bug as the infamous "Bawler Bug."  A mod (I suspect PSQ at this point since it's during sex and similar reports have been made with users of PSQ) that needs AoE style effects will use what I call "Dynamic Cloaks" or Cloak Spells to apply scripts to surrounding NPCs. The bug 'happens' because the Cloak Spell inside the troubled mod is scripted to be 'used' by the player and triggers hit detection. In the brawler bug this means that the NPC detects the player using 'magic' even when they are not using anything in their hands because the cloak spell used for the script counts as magic. To prevent this bug modders NEED to turn off hit detection for the spell in the Creation Kit or when they define the spells properties in-script - failing to do so means whenever the cloak script runs (usually every second or two) it will trigger the player hitting every NPC in the defined radios, which would also trigger the violence passive... There is a workaround of the brawler bug which simply changes the parameters of the quest to also check for the player wielding/casting magic, I will look into doing this for Succubus Heart as well but I don't think it'll actually be all that easy to do in my case since there's so many variables to check. A simpler solution would be the troubled mod to fix the cloak spell.

tl;dr In order for me to fix it I have to create a complicated work-around I'm not even sure would work. If possible mention this to other mod authors with suspect issues so they can be fixed or fix them manually yourself if you have the knowledge to do so. Otherwise all I can suggest at the moment is to not use the Violence passive.

And moving on...

"Allow Drain To Death" only applies to sexual drain, so when the PC is assaulting/being assaulted (or in consensual acts if "Consent Drain" is enabled) and will only apply at the end of the act (that way it doesn't cut off animations and cause weirdness. Would also suck to 'suck' too much life and kill everyone before a happy ending, right?). This means it most likely isn't Succubus Heart (read above block of text) and instead has to do with a bad mod interaction with the Violence Passive.

Drain based on time is a way to try and balance time/power. While theoretically you could just 'grind' HeartXP you could also use that time to grind anything in the game. There is a progression setting in the mod players can adjust however, which is percentage based on effects all gains in the mod (can't remember what the option was called, sorry >.<) to try and combat this, but it's up to the player to set it if they desire it.

Ultimately I'm aiming to make all playstyles supported by the mod, this includes just being a street whore who steals everyone's lives away without ever swinging a sword. I do have countermeasures to just outright grinding, for example HeartSP used to level in-game skills gets increasingly more difficult the more you earn, and I have 'boosts' for not grinding, for example the 'Desire' build-up will grant bonus HeartXP and as you level skills you also gain more HeartXP, so those that have little sex can still gain skills at a reasonable rate. If you have suggestions on how to improve this, please let me know!

Be critical all you want, I'm not perfect! =^-^=

Regal Glow should be the armor passive iirc, whenever not wearing body armor an invisible armor is placed on the player adding to their armor rating, so basically makes you wear armor even when you're not to increase defense! (For the nudists, has compatibility problems with some of the BDSM style mods or whatever tho, since they recognize it as actual armor)

Formal Beauty should be the status gain by stacks passive iirc, this one is basically passive stats gain based on the in-mod's stack system. The more stacks you have, the more status you gain. (it's a way to extend the drain effect without actually draining anyone basically)

Sorry if things are confusing, I'm trying the best I can to explain the mechanics but ultimately I don't have an outside perspective and since everything in the mod interacts with each other it can be difficult to explain specifics. If you have any suggestions on how to explain anything better please let me know.

Yeah, you lost me a few times there, but anyway. I turned off violence and that stopped all the problems i was having. I am using several Sexlab mods for the playstyle I want.

Basically Im playing a female Succubus who kills predominantly through vanilla fighting, then brings the dead back to life through sex and then rapes the victim to death. I can do all this with your mod, Sexlab Leveling and SL Necro (modded by me to not kill the corpse on completion of necro sex but to have only 10% of base health in the bleedout animation). This combination gives me all kinds of buffs and bonuses mainly from your mod and a bit from Sexlab Levelling. On top of that I have Sexlab Arousal and Sexlab Eager NPC's to seduce the good NPC's and get more buffs. I modded Sexlab Eager NPC's so that the seduction dialogue and subsequent seduction sex instantly made the NPC my lover because..A Succubus is Queen of Seduction. Works really well, with the only problem being that Violence was smashing the health of my follower and health absorbtion was killing the revived corpse immediately upon completion of sex. Workaround was simply not to spec into those 2 abilities.

Anyway, keep up the great work. Would recommend you provide brief explanation of  your buffs in your Readme, they aren't all in there.

P.S. I don't know if this contradicts anything your were describing but the Violence buff WAS reducing NPC health in stages as the sex act progressed...I was watching it with the console by clicking an NPC and periodically checking the console again during sex. Health kept dropping every few seconds. I don't have PSQ.

spirit_shard also just one request if possible if we can get mcm option to disable permanent drain like after we drain it npc max healt wont go down or something :D it would be nice to have it as tick button in mcm i dont know if we have tho i might have missed it

This would actually be pretty easy to add in, I just keep skipping over it. I'll try and add it in the next release whenever that is.

The only box I had ticked was allow drain to death. But, to be clear, these NPC's didn't die apart from the one I raped, but their health all fell. If u don't spec any passive points into the violence - health, then this wont happen. ...

....it depends on how long the sex action takes...you could have Sexlab option of manually advancing sex stages...

I'm not being critical of spirit_shard...

... Some of the stuff isn't really documented that well, I don,t know, for example, what the passives Regal Glow and Formal Beauty do, some of the others are easy to work out, others I have worked out by trial and error...

Appologies for the long explanation ahead, but I feel it's worth explaining at least once. Ultimately Succubus Heart doesn't apply any "AoE" effects while in an act, instead it uses a single dynamic cloak which checks variables/spells on NPCs for various effects. This means if the problem is with Succubus Heart's cloak spell NPCs are ALWAYS being drained, which would probably be pretty noticeable since any NPC you encountered in the open world would die randomly, everywhere... If this isn't the case then the next block of text covers it...

I don't think this bug is caused by Succubus Heart itself but is actually the same bug as the infamous "Bawler Bug."  A mod (I suspect PSQ at this point since it's during sex and similar reports have been made with users of PSQ) that needs AoE style effects will use what I call "Dynamic Cloaks" or Cloak Spells to apply scripts to surrounding NPCs. The bug 'happens' because the Cloak Spell inside the troubled mod is scripted to be 'used' by the player and triggers hit detection. In the brawler bug this means that the NPC detects the player using 'magic' even when they are not using anything in their hands because the cloak spell used for the script counts as magic. To prevent this bug modders NEED to turn off hit detection for the spell in the Creation Kit or when they define the spells properties in-script - failing to do so means whenever the cloak script runs (usually every second or two) it will trigger the player hitting every NPC in the defined radios, which would also trigger the violence passive... There is a workaround of the brawler bug which simply changes the parameters of the quest to also check for the player wielding/casting magic, I will look into doing this for Succubus Heart as well but I don't think it'll actually be all that easy to do in my case since there's so many variables to check. A simpler solution would be the troubled mod to fix the cloak spell.

tl;dr In order for me to fix it I have to create a complicated work-around I'm not even sure would work. If possible mention this to other mod authors with suspect issues so they can be fixed or fix them manually yourself if you have the knowledge to do so. Otherwise all I can suggest at the moment is to not use the Violence passive.

And moving on...

"Allow Drain To Death" only applies to sexual drain, so when the PC is assaulting/being assaulted (or in consensual acts if "Consent Drain" is enabled) and will only apply at the end of the act (that way it doesn't cut off animations and cause weirdness. Would also suck to 'suck' too much life and kill everyone before a happy ending, right?). This means it most likely isn't Succubus Heart (read above block of text) and instead has to do with a bad mod interaction with the Violence Passive.

Drain based on time is a way to try and balance time/power. While theoretically you could just 'grind' HeartXP you could also use that time to grind anything in the game. There is a progression setting in the mod players can adjust however, which is percentage based on effects all gains in the mod (can't remember what the option was called, sorry >.<) to try and combat this, but it's up to the player to set it if they desire it.

Ultimately I'm aiming to make all playstyles supported by the mod, this includes just being a street whore who steals everyone's lives away without ever swinging a sword. I do have countermeasures to just outright grinding, for example HeartSP used to level in-game skills gets increasingly more difficult the more you earn, and I have 'boosts' for not grinding, for example the 'Desire' build-up will grant bonus HeartXP and as you level skills you also gain more HeartXP, so those that have little sex can still gain skills at a reasonable rate. If you have suggestions on how to improve this, please let me know!

Be critical all you want, I'm not perfect! =^-^=

Regal Glow should be the armor passive iirc, whenever not wearing body armor an invisible armor is placed on the player adding to their armor rating, so basically makes you wear armor even when you're not to increase defense! (For the nudists, has compatibility problems with some of the BDSM style mods or whatever tho, since they recognize it as actual armor)

Formal Beauty should be the status gain by stacks passive iirc, this one is basically passive stats gain based on the in-mod's stack system. The more stacks you have, the more status you gain. (it's a way to extend the drain effect without actually draining anyone basically)

Sorry if things are confusing, I'm trying the best I can to explain the mechanics but ultimately I don't have an outside perspective and since everything in the mod interacts with each other it can be difficult to explain specifics. If you have any suggestions on how to explain anything better please let me know.

thanks for fast reply spirit :) btw for me drain perk passively ranking up stopped since last update theres one minor not really game breaking problem im having time to time tho just wanted to point it out sometimes after sex with some npcs their health gets stuck at 1 even tho i turned drain releated options in mcm as im using psq to handle the drain tho that problem wasnt happening before when i only use psq not sure if succubus heart and psq glitching eachother but that seems unlikely since i turned all drain releated stuff off on succubus heart if im not mistaken it only tends to happen with npcs im not high relationship rank with for example relationship rank 4 npc never gets health reduced to one but newly encountered npc that has no high relationship with my character after scene his or her health gets stuck at 1 till i use command "ressurect" then it goes to normal just if u can check it out when u have time , thanks for great mod again btw ^^

• 2 weeks later...

A little suggestion about pets and summoner levels:

You unlock a bear summon at SL3, when you reach SL7(for example) it gets replaced with a cave bear summon(carrying over all the levels from a regular bear) that has higher base stats and all that stuff(maybe some added ability or perks), at SL12 it gets replaced with a snow bear summon(carrying over all the levels from previous bears) that has higher base stats and all that.

If the base creature doesnt have any vanilla "upgrades" like bears/wolfs/sabre cats just make it bigger-better-nastier.

Something like that, so that increasing your summoner level gives you advantages past level 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Succubus Heart 4.18 is released! I couldn't get the uploader to work for anything and now all my files disappeared so please just use the Mirror, it'll link to my public Google Drive folder that will always have the newest version and a folder of all previous release versions.

Not much new, just some QoL and Requests. The requested setting to disable NPCs losing status when drained is in, The Succubus Realm Disconnect Spell now opens a menu where you can select to spawn either " Directly Back / Last Entrance / Random Location " with Last Entrance being similar to auto saves where entering a new area will place a spawn point. And speaking of the Succubus Realm I removed the "Tree Fence" and made it look how I originally intended, lacking one feature and some distant details I'll add in over time.

As a note for the future, SSE has added in new scripts to the base game to support Creation Club Content... (While I'm not a fan of creation club) this makes some interesting decisions shall there ever be a function incredibly useful. Most likely there won't be anything that effects Succubus Heart however, and development will continue on Vanilla Skyrim (I've got a stable ENB install anyways).

When SexLab gets ported over to SSE I'll try to port Succubus Heart as well.

A little suggestion about pets and summoner levels...

This was actually the original plan but I abandoned it simply because of time. Creating a single pet requires a ton of work and adding in variants would only add even more complexity. It's not 'difficult' to do tho, but it's a lot of time I'd rather spend on other aspects.

Hi,

This is a really interesting mod and I would dearly like to integrate this into my game play. However, I'm a little confused by the following

• The change in how magicka, health and stamina are displayed in the vanilla games 'level up' screen. With the default mod settings, as sexual acts occur, these figures vary quite drastically

e.g.

Magicka          Health            Stamina

1/1                   1/1                    1/1

to something like

Magicka           Health          Stamina

11/109              11/103          11/119

Are these figures relevant, or are we meant only to use the 'levelling data' from 'Succubus Hearts' MCM screen?

• How do you produce a potion from the ingredients 'milky delight' and 'succubus delight' ?  All my attempts at producing a potion failed miserably. Is there a missing ingredient or a required perk?

I apologise if these seem like newbie questions. I have read through the documentation several times and searched the support forum without success.  I did see the posts from 'Sacremas' who claimed to have found a recipe for potions that works well, but I couldn't emulate this.

I would be very grateful for any help you can give.

Hi...

During 'acts' the player character 'drains' status from their victims, decreasing their Max health/magicka/stamina and increasing the player characters max health/magicka/stamina, the values in the MCM and Heart Levels determines how much Status the Player character can have. Values after this determined value is turned into essence and earns SP in the Skill Levels menu. Keep in mind that certain spells and passives COST MAX Health/Magicka/Stamina to use, most notably Sexual Entice / Sexual Enrage will take a percentage of your status (By default it's something like 90%, so if you have 110 Max Health, it'll decrease your character to 11 Max Health) However you can not only drain this status back but also decrease/adjust costs in the "Passives" MCM. (Note : Nothing drains status unless the player uses a spell that does or enables a passive that does).

If you're getting strangeness in value please let me know, most people that report strangeness just didn't realize Sexual Entice/Enrage takes Status to use - which can be decreased in the Passives menu.

And when you're talking about potions it depends how old the post you're talking about is. Back in earlier development I had a simple crafting system that I threw out in the rewrite, aside from that Milk and Sperm have normal alchemy properties and can make Health/Magicka potions at any alchemy stations.

Hopefully I helped somewhat, I know the mod is more complex than most so if there's any way I can improve its 'ease of use' let me know. >.<

Hi...

During 'acts' the player character 'drains' status from their victims, decreasing their Max health/magicka/stamina and increasing the player characters max health/magicka/stamina, the values in the MCM and Heart Levels determines how much Status the Player character can have. Values after this determined value is turned into essence and earns SP in the Skill Levels menu. Keep in mind that certain spells and passives COST MAX Health/Magicka/Stamina to use, most notably Sexual Entice / Sexual Enrage will take a percentage of your status (By default it's something like 90%, so if you have 110 Max Health, it'll decrease your character to 11 Max Health) However you can not only drain this status back but also decrease/adjust costs in the "Passives" MCM. (Note : Nothing drains status unless the player uses a spell that does or enables a passive that does).

If you're getting strangeness in value please let me know, most people that report strangeness just didn't realize Sexual Entice/Enrage takes Status to use - which can be decreased in the Passives menu.

And when you're talking about potions it depends how old the post you're talking about is. Back in earlier development I had a simple crafting system that I threw out in the rewrite, aside from that Milk and Sperm have normal alchemy properties and can make Health/Magicka potions at any alchemy stations.

Hopefully I helped somewhat, I know the mod is more complex than most so if there's any way I can improve its 'ease of use' let me know. >.<

Thanks for your quick reply.

• I can see how the effects of entice and enrage spells would increase/decrease the cap on the attributes. This explains what I'm seeing, thanks..

• Following your advice, I thought 'wheat' would be a good choice as third ingredient for a health potion. To my great surprise, it worked brilliantly,

1. Breast milk

1. Sperm

1. Wheat

gave me a 'potion of restore health'

Many, many thanks for your help, I'm going to have a lot of fun with this ;)

Hi...

Thanks for your quick reply.

• I can see how the effects of entice and enrage spells would increase/decrease the cap on the attributes. This explains what I'm seeing, thanks..

• Following your advice, I thought 'wheat' would be a good choice as third ingredient for a health potion. To my great surprise, it worked brilliantly,

1. Breast milk

1. Sperm

1. Wheat

gave me a 'potion of restore health'

Many, many thanks for your help, I'm going to have a lot of fun with this ;)

Try just blue mountain flower and wheat instead. Much better. Better yet try grabbing some hanging moss and putting with that blue mountain flower and watch your alchemy soar, then make much better healing potions later on after getting rich selling your regular ones. Then just eat the breast milk and sperm ingredients and rank up Formal Beauty and other related to stacks, and watch your abilities soar.

Wasting them on potions that lose the actual succubus effect in the process isn't a good idea. The previous verison of the mod that had that crafting let you combine breast milk and sperm (and also had a vendor at one point that sold these items and things cooked with them) into a potion that helped with the stats portion of the mod, not just for regular alchemy as you're doing now.

hey spirit shard its really good to see that ure actually implementing suggestions when u got time :D thanks for ur amazing work ^^ :D

i have something in mind not sure if it can happen i would definetly try to do it myself if i can but when it comes to modding im just lost lol

Was wondering if its possible to add crit drain pretty much like hp and magicka drain but with real small values so u cannot be like crit ninja in short time :D

just a suggestion tho :D thanks again for updates :)

After updating form 4.17 to 4.18 my Absorb perk count reset to 0, where it was a massive enough rank I had an 800 % Xp increase from that alone.

4.171 (the update between 4.17 and 4.18) reset the Absorb Perk because there were a few glitches with it in 4.17. If you'd like these to be uneffected you can remove the update code in creation kit then load the old save on update.

In short - Open creation kit, open script manager and search "SuH_Main" (SuH_Main.psc is what you want to edit) open in external editor (right click, I use Notepad++ but normal notepad works). Remove lines 437 to 445 (use ctrl+F and enter "4.160" and you should find it, lines "if MODversion > 4.160" to the first "endIf" from that point). Save the file over the old one (ctrl+s) and then right click on it again in creation kit and compile. Load a save from before updating and it won't reset unless I implement it in a future update (which I don't currently plan too).

hey spirit shard its really good to see that ure actually implementing suggestions when u got time...

I do what I can, updates usually take a bit of time tho. I'll be honest tho I'm not really sure what you're asking for here. =X.x=

After updating form 4.17 to 4.18 my Absorb perk count reset to 0, where it was a massive enough rank I had an 800 % Xp increase from that alone.

4.171 (the update between 4.17 and 4.18) reset the Absorb Perk because there were a few glitches with it in 4.17. If you'd like these to be uneffected you can remove the update code in creation kit then load the old save on update.

In short - Open creation kit, open script manager and search "SuH_Main" (SuH_Main.psc is what you want to edit) open in external editor (right click, I use Notepad++ but normal notepad works). Remove lines 437 to 445 (use ctrl+F and enter "4.160" and you should find it, lines "if MODversion > 4.160" to the first "endIf" from that point). Save the file over the old one (ctrl+s) and then right click on it again in creation kit and compile. Load a save from before updating and it won't reset unless I implement it in a future update (which I don't currently plan too).

Thanks, but I got it back up to around 400 again already, I'm good. :P I'm running Amorous Adventures + Underground Bathhouse with a large harem + Eager NPCs, so I frequently open my MCM and see I have a million more XP and some 70+ new SP. I was really just mentioning it in case there was an issue rather than complaining really.

hey spirit shard its really good to see that ure actually implementing suggestions when u got time...

I do what I can, updates usually take a bit of time tho. I'll be honest tho I'm not really sure what you're asking for here. =X.x=

well :D my english isnt the best... sorry about that :D what im trying to say is just like we drain health can we drain critical chance , i know theres actor value for it in game u can change it with console but what im wondering is can it be done like lets say just like we drain health magicka stamina and stuff thru succubus heart can we also drain critical chance so for example after the act we will get  bonus critical chance :D just an idea :D thanks for the reply btw ^^

I just checked into the skill page and I had 1.3 million skill points, and the next skillpoint needs over 2 billion Force. I think I may have broken your mod. :P

It's a 100+ hour game (flawless, 25 MB save, usually play for hours), I've had SUH installed since the start, I'm not using the uncapper for anything but granting carry weight regardless of increased stat and to set the level up stat to 0, otherwise I just make a skill legendary over and over. Even before I noticed I suddenly have 1.3 million  more skill points I was already level 162 from this. I got absorb from partners disabled, I'm only getting points from regular sex and stacks, I got my stacks on 60, I got a Underground Bathhouse harem and Eager NPCs giving a lot of sex, and I set passives (which is now high enough that I need 450k xp to increase it more) to rank 49 Force Master, and set desire drain active plus eating a lot of breast milk and sperm all the time.

I think I'm going to disable the mod largely in the MCM at this point, if I were to hand out those 2 million skill points it would probably add another hundred levels...

Hello. So after I finished a sex act I found out that my stats went down severely. My max health, stamina, and magicka went down to 24. I barely even started the game. I'm playing as male.

Hello. So after I finished a sex act I found out that my stats went down severely. My max health, stamina, and magicka went down to 24. I barely even started the game. I'm playing as male.

Did you activate the "Desire Drain" option without checking what it does first?

Just have a more sex and it'll fix itself. Disable that option and it will fix itself faster and not happen again.

Did you activate the "Desire Drain" option without checking what it does first?

Just have a more sex and it'll fix itself. Disable that option and it will fix itself faster and not happen again.

I never turned it on.

... like we drain health can we drain critical chance...

This concept is already in the mod with Rare Drops, upon orgasm characters have a small chance to give out special items (similar to souls from death drops) to the player which increase status when used. Having a crit-chance based drain would be possible but ultimately I don't think it fits and would be too hidden, I'm trying to avoid making as many notifications/visual effects as possible.

...Love the mod ! Would you be interested in adding some spells to lure an enemy from everyone else to you ? 

Seduction spells have always been something I've played with a bit but I just don't have the time to work with AI and such, someone else out there may be interested in making these types of spells tho, and Succubus Heart would be compatible ^.-

Is there a way to get your soul pets to train with followers or other NPC's?  Right now, it seems like they can only train w/ the PC.

Currently there is a Pet-Target spell in Succubus Heart which can be used to have pets rape targets, will add in consent style option later. All sex acts gain pets XP so any other mods that trigger these can also 'train' pets.

I just checked into the skill page and I had 1.3 million skill points...

I didn't even know Skyrim would hold values that high X.x Anyways, as you've noticed Stacks have exponential gains, I noticed you mention it before so I looked a bit into it and found that while it's a higher initial cost it very quickly gets out of hand... I'll probably add caps and what-not to stacks and adjust how they work slightly, if you have any suggestions please let me know as this is definitely an edge case (because others are having problems with finding stacks useful at all, which I can hopefully fix).

so i just downloaded SH 4.19, the esp is being treated as an .esm file when i open wrye smash. Im confused because it says esp, is that suppose to be like that?

It's seen as an .esm because it fixes a few bugs with the Succubus Realm in a large number of load orders. Things like floating grass, longer load times when teleporting, missing NPCs, so on. I'd like to hear when it's NOT seen as an esm, as these bugs could start occurring again. (and to note, it's still an .esp file since that's how it has always been and makes updating easier. Also allows people to add masters if they wish to mod the mod)

If you used Sexual Enrage/Entice they take a large percentage of status when used. Its cost can be decreased with a passive.