[IDEA] Live an Orc's life

Puupsfred

This is just an idea for a Live Another Life scenario, I would definitively play (modders listen up!):

The basic idea is that you start out as a low class orc as member of one of the four strongholds in Skyrim. You hate your live, which is a dull routine of cleaning the stronghold and steaming mud crab legs. You are being bullied by the warriors and ridiculed by the females, but your live is about to change! As dragons attack the strongholds, good man are being slaugthered and the clannished legacy structure shaken up. Suddenly new opportunities spring up and you decide to seize them: Your sorry live is over! You decide to become the new chief and make them pay, conquer all the other strongholds as well, maybe even all of Skyrim; who knows what a motivated orc like you can achieve? And by the way, who ever is chief owns all the women in the tribe..

---------------------

The tribe structure of Orc clans and their primal customs provides a great outset for an adult minded mod like this one wants to be. I dont know if this was proposed somewhere else before, at least I couldn't find another thread like that.

I haven't put too much thought into this but if people like it, this could grow.#

Some ideas:

Orcs can be pretty blunt and stupid if you have ever played War Craft III, while noble and grandiouse at the same time. This makes for some funny dialogues.

All females in the tribe belong to the chief and are either his wives or daughters. This explains why orcs are so aggressive and have a high tendency to releaving their sexual frustration by raping and pillaging what they can get their clutches on. This can be an important part of this mod, when you go out with you buddies on midnight raids to the keeps and farms of Skyrim, in order to satisfy your desires or when you go elf hunting in the woods (Quest objective: Tell [insert Femal Elfname here] to send her daughters to [location X] by midnight in order to harvest the nirn roots, when they are easy to spot against the thicket --> Find, capture and rape the elf maidens  before they can get away). This can plug in well with the Sexual Arousal mods etc., and be a series of quests on the side or even become integral part of it when combined with slavery mechanics, so you could capture and enslave your prey to serve you at home or build up your force for future conflicts.

Among the orc population are many disgruntled members that feel unfairly treated under the current chief (I envision him as some kind of feisty fat bone head that has killed the former chief but is incapable of good leadership and strategic thinking). If you could convince them of your plan and promise them some much desired rewards for partaking in your plot, they could proof valuable assets. This includes male and female members of the stronghold.

A common theme could be that all the sexually repressed male orcs try to get it on with the females, but of course thats strongly prohibited. If you could accomplish something like that, maybe win the favours of one of the chiefs favourite wives, you are half way there.

The Chief could not only keep orcish spouses but also concubines (slaves?) of other races for his pleasure. Maybe they do something for you if you do something for them?

You could be sent out to hunt down some "traitors" for running away from the tribe when draft was called. Upon capture, you either bring them back or break a deal to help you further you main quest (>> becoming chief of your stronghold<<)

The game should start some days prior to the Helgen dragon raid in order to introduce the hero and the frustrating outset of the story. A few "quests" have to be completed before the real action starts, like cleaing, steaming mud crabs, running errands for bullies, more cleaning... This way the player really feels the frustration himself and can identify with the character. Of course at no point should the player get bored as he is entertained by funny dialogues and the mischiefs of our "hero".

At some point a dragon attacks the stronghold and many of its best warriors die, defending it. After the dragon is gone and the charred bodies picked up (a task for our hero?), he witnesses a tribal congregation that puts forth the idea that in order to stand another attack the stronghold has to be brought up to speed and all capable men and women have to enter weapon training. This lifts you up from your daily routine and offers you the chance to practice your fighting skills. The first tasks will be similar to your earlier work experience with errands, condescending commentaries by fellow orcs and such but quickly more demanding quests come up, such as collecting iron ore from the woods, smelting it into nails or hunting for supplies. During those quests of course, the inter character dynamics of your fellow orcs and you will be developed. Once you proof yourself in combat and make your first impressions on the ladies,  other tasks become available that lead you further away from the stronghold and into Skyrims dangerous wilderness. The main objective, however, will be to get rid of the current chief and other competitors and assume chiefhood plus the harem and live style that goes with it. Deception and clever choices should at least be as important as pure muscle.

Once you are leader of your tribe, you go on to conquer the others and slaughter their chief (you know why).

Think of it as a lions pride, women belong to the chieftain but they still go out and do grunt work for the tribe. Saying that, female lionesses have been known to cheat on the chieftain. Of course the male caught would be killed... 

So women might be given tasks to do by the chieftain.

Note sexual aspects are slightly reduced in my mind. The chieftain fucks you whenever he wants, and you have the option to cheat but if caught the consequences are dire.

Think of it as a lions pride, women belong to the chieftain but they still go out and do grunt work for the tribe. Saying that, female lionesses have been known to cheat on the chieftain. Of course the male caught would be killed... 

Note sexual aspects are slightly reduced in my mind. The chieftain fucks you whenever he wants, and you have the option to cheat but if caught the consequences are dire.

Just had an idea ;)

You could start off as a new arrival from another stronghold over the mountains from Orsinium as some kind of "gift". You always expect the chief to come and "make you his wife", but there is always something coming in between ;) (dragons, other jaleous wives, migrane,..). So when you finally get your chance towards the end of the main quest, you can choose to either let him fuck you or kill him with trousers down and seize the throne :D

Something else: The only female thats not property of the chief is the old wise woman that interprets the code of Malacath to them. She could be your main opponent in a female player quest line. Killing off the chief or becoming his favorite wife are just step stones on your way to dispose her. Why is she so hateful of you? Idk, maybe she had a bad vision with you, killing off the chief and burning down the other strongholds, who knows? :blush:

To stay lore friendly a female orc should cook, craft weapons and armor, or follow the path of the shaman - mastering herbs and magic.  It would be a separate quest line as the character threads a dangerous path through the female power structure of the hold, keeping the chief happy in bed, and not getting murdered by the other females.  

Not so certain about continuing quests - but something along the lines of balancing good trade relations with needing to keep Malacath appeased with battle and blood would be in order.  Both male and female quest lines could deal with:  

• Trade with nearby communities
  • Trade with other orc holds. 
  • A spy infiltrates the hold and turns one of the loyal orcs secretly against the player's hold. 
  • Raiders - bandit, human, and otherwise. Something found on one of the raiders points to something important in their camp. 
  • A conspiracy of the local Jarl and bandits, imperials, or stormcloaks threatens the hold.  

Just had an idea ;)

You could start off as a new arrival from another stronghold over the mountains from Orsinium as some kind of "gift". You always expect the chief to come and "make you his wife", but there is always something coming in between ;) (dragons, other jaleous wives, migrane,..). So when you finally get your chance towards the end of the main quest, you can choose to either let him fuck you or kill him with trousers down and seize the throne :D

Something else: The only female thats not property of the chief is the old wise woman that interprets the code of Malacath to them. She could be your main opponent in a female player quest line. Killing off the chief or becoming his favorite wife are just step stones on your way to dispose her. Why is she so hateful of you? Idk, maybe she had a bad vision with you, killing off the chief and burning down the other strongholds, who knows? :blush:

I don't see a female leading an orc tribe. The males wouldn't accept it. It's like trying to get a gay man be pope.

Hey do what you want, I'm just tossing out what my mind views as lore friendly. (Doesn't mean I am right)

What I would really love is to see a major overhaul on orcs in general. I always felt the orc strongholds were pretty weak....  I always thought they would be mini cities, not small forts...

Excellent point. Expanding the holds is an excellent idea, including a larger population and a meaner attitude.

Another thing that occurs to me is something a friend of mine brought up - The lack of racism in Skyrim.  While, this eases the main story lines it does so at the cost of immersion. 

What I would really love is to see a major overhaul on orcs in general. I always felt the orc strongholds were pretty weak....  I always thought they would be mini cities, not small forts...

Excellent point. Expanding the holds is an excellent idea, including a larger population and a meaner attitude.

Another thing that occurs to me is something a friend of mine brought up - The lack of racism in Skyrim.  While, this eases the main story lines it does so at the cost of immersion. 

Agreed, on my first playthrough I was an Orc... Wish I had Sexlab then... Anyways the ONLY racism I had was from Ulfric and his stormcloaks. I was like, why are people being nice to me?

It should be like being a black guy trying to to not get shot at Ferguson! People should treat Orcs, Khajiit, and Argonians guilty until you proven yourself innocent. (LOL how does the US Supreme Court say Racism doesn't exist...)

I don't see a female leading an orc tribe. The males wouldn't accept it. It's like trying to get a gay man be pope.

Hey do what you want, I'm just tossing out what my mind views as lore friendly. (Doesn't mean I am right)

It would be extremely unlikely, but its also extremely unlikely that you can shout dragons to death.  You're the Player Character, almost by definition, the rules don't apply to you like they do to the NPCs.  Never mind that you're the only one that can whip out 3 Elder Scrolls at once and read all of them one after another with no preparation and without suffering any consequences.

I'd also love the racist undertones to be brought out, but that would really make the choices in the Civil War storyline much clearer early on.  My first playthrough, I didn't visit Windhelm much, and didn't really feel good about choosing the Imperials until after I had the discussion with Ulfric and met some of the Stormcloak Jarls...all of whom were assholes.  It would also make being human much easier than being Orsimer or Argonian, or Khajit...and may the Nine help you if you're an Altmer in Windhelm...

Just had an idea ;)

Nono, you are right, I got no idea about Skyrim lore, I havent even been to the orcish strongholds yet ;)

I only watched that one video about orcish lore on youtube and read one or two ingame books, so pls keep talking back!

btw, this is the lore video channel:

Agreed, on my first playthrough I was an Orc... Wish I had Sexlab then... Anyways the ONLY racism I had was from Ulfric and his stormcloaks. I was like, why are people being nice to me?

It should be like being a black guy trying to to not get shot at Ferguson! People should treat Orcs, Khajiit, and Argonians guilty until you proven yourself innocent. (LOL how does the US Supreme Court say Racism doesn't exist...)

Contrary to my last post: WHAT are you guys talking about!??

There is lots of racism in Skyrim: I am playing a imperial character and get loads of shit dumped on me in the rebel provinces and I havent even joined a faction yet. Also Khajiit are being treated like pariahs (reminiscent of the Gypsy experience?). Then there are the Aldmeri from the Dominion everybody including the imperials have a grudge against. According to the video above the Bretons (in which province the Orcs made their home as well) and the Redguards are on bad terms with them currently.

There is lots of racism in Skyrim: I am playing a imperial character and get loads of shit dumped on me in the rebel provinces and I havent even joined a faction yet. Also Khajiit are being treated like pariahs (reminiscent of the Gypsy experience?). Then there are the Aldmeri from the Dominion everybody including the imperials have a grudge against. According to the video above the Bretons (in which province the Orcs made their home as well) and the Redguards are on bad terms with them currently.

Political disagreements are not the same thing as racism, as much as some political parties would love to tie them together. While its true everybody has a grudge against the Dominion, virtually nobody has anything against HIGH elves. There's plenty of talk against the Thalmor, but the Thalmor are not a race, they are NOT another word for High Elf. Take Niranye for example, with all the supposed (and nonsense) talk about the Stormcloaks being racists, she a prominent merchant who will openly admit she gets along with the Nords. In fact, Windhelm, Stormcloak Capital, is the most racially diverse city in the game, having the largest non-Nord population in Skyrim.

Racism would be people thinking Imperials were somehow less human then the other human races, not anger at their government for persecuting religious freedom (regardless of the reason) and assisting the Thalmor in kidnaping Nord citizens. Its political disagreement, not racism. The political schism happens to be divided down a racial line, but trying to call it racism, well to be honest, trying to make out something that is not racism as racism, well that true racism.

Much like a cop defending himself when a thug tries to wrestle away his gun. That the thug happens to be black shouldn't be a issue, But some political parties and special interest groups will try to make a racist issue out of it, like in Ferguson. 

What I think we mean is that their is little racism twoards the player. Yes, NPC's are treated differently by race but not the player.

As for lore, Reduards hate the Altmer because the elves invaded Hammerfell. Saying that, the Altmer Invaded because they were getting contently raided by pirates using Hammerfell as a safe haven, and Hammerfell refused to do anything about the pirates. SOOOO arguably the Altmer are just defending themselves. Once they destroyed the ports of Hammerfell the Elves left.

Political disagreements are not the same thing as racism, as much as some political parties would love to tie them together. While its true everybody has a grudge against the Dominion, virtually nobody has anything against HIGH elves. There's plenty of talk against the Thalmor, but the Thalmor are not a race, they are NOT another word for High Elf. Take Niranye for example, with all the supposed (and nonsense) talk about the Stormcloaks being racists, she a prominent merchant who will openly admit she gets along with the Nords. In fact, Windhelm, Stormcloak Capital, is the most racially diverse city in the game, having the largest non-Nord population in Skyrim.

Racism would be people thinking Imperials were somehow less human then the other human races, not anger at their government for persecuting religious freedom (regardless of the reason) and assisting the Thalmor in kidnaping Nord citizens. Its political disagreement, not racism. The political schism happens to be divided down a racial line, but trying to call it racism, well to be honest, trying to make out something that is not racism as racism, well that true racism.

Much like a cop defending himself when a thug tries to wrestle away his gun. That the thug happens to be black shouldn't be a issue, But some political parties and special interest groups will try to make a racist issue out of it, like in Ferguson. 

While you are partly correct, there is also racism in Skyrim. My imperial PC gets insulted solely on the basis of his ethnicity. Best example is Vulwulf Snow-Shod in Riften who calls me "Imperial bastard" and fears that he won't be able to stand my stench for long, each time i come close to him (Its not my BO, I swear ;) ).

Also, the Khajiit.

That is 1 example....

Also, Riften is Stormcloak territory, that is faction related, less about race. Once again that is one NPC and not the populous in general.

As an Orc, human races should by defualt treat the PC poorly. That doesn't happen. Khajiit NPC's are shunned but not the PC, with rare exceptions. Once you gain a reputation of goodness, THEN they should be nice to you!

• 7 months later...

All females in the tribe belong to the chief and are either his wives or daughters. This explains why orcs are so aggressive and have a high tendency to releaving their sexual frustration by raping and pillaging what they can get their clutches on. This can be an important part of this mod, when you go out with you buddies on midnight raids to the keeps and farms of Skyrim, in order to satisfy your desires or when you go elf hunting in the woods (Quest objective: Tell [insert Femal Elfname here] to send her daughters to [location X] by midnight in order to harvest the nirn roots, when they are easy to spot against the thicket --> Find, capture and rape the elf maidens  before they can get away). This can plug in well with the Sexual Arousal mods etc., and be a series of quests on the side or even become integral part of it when combined with slavery mechanics, so you could capture and enslave your prey to serve you at home or build up your force for future conflicts.

This is what I'd like to see in reverse, so Group of Orcs will be searching for the Elf PC and then enslave her, because they are not allowed to have other female orcs. They might then try to impregnate her and (out of whatever reason) the child will always be 100% orcish.

Archived