Too much mods installed (maybe?)

Hello!

It has recently occured to me that after checking and downloading skyrim mods daily for months (every now and then I trim down my unwanted mods, but in the end it gets to a point where there are only mods that you dont want to let go but you want more new mods)  I rounded up with 190+ mod esps in my load order, I have play tested the game for about a day and it seems to run fine so far however I am worried about the future of the save, will it eventually get so bloated that the game have significant slow-downs and crashes starts to happen too? if so, how can I counter this? are there mods that is very heavily scripted that I may want to get rid of? please help me! :)

TL:DR - I have too much mods and I am worried about the save eventually being bloated!

here is my mod load order, any help would be appreciated!

post-101177-0-79835000-1412873832_thumb.png

If you continue with NMM you will inevitably have such severe problems that you will have to completely reinstall Skyrim and start a completely new game. This is an optimal time to switch to MO, since you will be starting fresh, and that is the best way to learn MO. If you are having these problems now, I would recommend reinstalling skyrim, uninstall in NMM, switching to MO, and taking the time to follow the tutorials. Just remember to trash any saves you have, because they will be corrupted, and, therefore, will not work when launching with MO.

That's the advice you will get from almost everyone.

Well I have managed to learn abit of MO and everything was fine until I tried to install a sexlab package compiled by chinese modders, it works fine on NMM but on MO it says "failed to update mod list: invalid bsa file: C:\Steam\Mod Organizer\mods\Loverslab Complied\Sexlab Breeder.bsa error code 2 -123"

tried looking for a fix but no luck so far

edit: seems to just be an install pack language error, kinda fixed the problem

There is no problem with using NMM, I have 247 active esp/esm's and don't have any problems at all. A bloated save game is more likely to be caused by bad or broken scripts than anything else. If you are worried there may be problems with your game then take a look at your papyrus logs and look for errors that constantly repeat.

Oh, and for those that constantly reinstall, if you want to start over just delete everything from the data folder other than the Skyrim bsa's and any enb or skse files from the Skyrim folder. You can then just have Steam reverify your installation.

Stay away from Chinese modders that don't use communities like LL, Nexus, and the like. Get your mods from trusted sources. You didn't pay for those mods, did you?

All of those SL mods are available here for free.

No they are for free :) dont worry I know what I am doing... mostly

MO mod installing going well, but still far from finishing reinstalling all of them

There is no problem with using NMM, I have 247 active esp/esm's and don't have any problems at all. A bloated save game is more likely to be caused by bad or broken scripts than anything else. If you are worried there may be problems with your game then take a look at your papyrus logs and look for errors that constantly repeat.

Oh, and for those that constantly reinstall, if you want to start over just delete everything from the data folder other than the Skyrim bsa's and any enb or skse files from the Skyrim folder. You can then just have Steam reverify your installation.

I dont really know how to read papyrus logs unfortunately

For your worries the only solution would be keep your skyrim as it is upgrading/deactivating/deleting mods will cause scripts that are not needed anymore to float around in your savegame regardless of MO or not.

If you continue with NMM you will inevitably have such severe problems that you will have to completely reinstall Skyrim and start a completely new game. This is an optimal time to switch to MO, since you will be starting fresh, and that is the best way to learn MO. If you are having these problems now, I would recommend reinstalling skyrim, uninstall in NMM, switching to MO, and taking the time to follow the tutorials. Just remember to trash any saves you have, because they will be corrupted, and, therefore, will not work when launching with MO.

That's the advice you will get from almost everyone.

Even with MO your savegame will get full of garbage dosen't matter if you have virtual folders or not gosh...

This is complete nonsense I'm not using mod organizer have over 300 mods running and my actual savegame is ~300h so this is completly depending on his hardware and the mods he uses saying it will ruin the install someday is just crap it has nothing to do with MO and MO is not magically defending your savegame from bad scripted mods.

Even tough I have to admit MO itself is a nice thing to have, but you don't need it I slowly get the feeling every MO user is hyping this thing worse than they hyped destiny

Again MO is a nice to have thing, but its useless unless you switch your active plugin list every day....

There are things people have to get if you backup your stuff regulary use wyre bash and loot then you should/will get no problems at all.

you will inevitably have such severe problems that you will have to completely reinstall Skyrim and start a completely new game

I really have to hold myself back to not say something mean to that since its so much bull.. I mean nonsense in on sentence. There are no errors that cannot be resolved also I say 90% of all errors here in the tech support could be resolved if people would have backups and use wyre bash and read the install guides.

mod organizer have over 300 mods running and my actual savegame is ~300h

Unless you are merging mods this game cannot load any more then 255 mods at one time. So if your using 300 mods without merging please show prove ???

I indeed merge my mods my armors since they are easy to do. 254 activ plugins 331 mods installed and using. Also Skyrim can handle more than 255 mods without merging with ghosting, but well technically seen ghosting is also without going over 255.

Merged Plugin:

kuzak-bodyandstockings.esp

SleekSteel_StandAlone.esp

ArmorEbonyRanger.esp

Blade and Soul Negligee.esp

NightmareByNausicaa.esp

yurica_chevaleresse [HDT].esp

Fizban007Tohsaka.esp

Aradia Living Armour.esp

Arngrim_Evening_Dress.esp

NewlynaArmor.esp

DF_T21.esp

ProType - Rocco.esp

BBP_BunnyGirl.esp

NewmillerDarkVampKnight.esp

Cute Frills.esp

SexyVest.esp

Blade and Soul Qipao.esp

DF_T17.esp

ElvenScout.esp

KURESEMizugi.esp

MashupUNP.esp

Alduin Bikini.esp

Neo'sTinaByNausicaa.esp

Fancy Dress.esp

SkimpyAssassins.esp

numenume elf ear.esp

Edhildils Dark Brotherhood Gear.esp

Aradia Kato Outfit.esp

ly ff13lb.esp

SnakeArmor.esp

Kaine Outfit.esp

PLCS - UNPB BBP.esp

Legendary.esp

LightningArmor13-2.esp

NalimCatsuit1.esp

NewVampChainsCuirass.esp

Onechanbara Kagura Set.esp

Northgirl.esp

df_t11.esp

Aradia Lace Dress.esp

RB0102.esp

RedSamurai.esp

RogueCoutureMashup.esp

S&D crow.esp

SantaRobes.esp

Sayaka_Suit.esp

TS_RogueOutfits2.esp

SexyKunoichi2ndByNausicaa.esp

royal_daedric.esp

SoulArmor_1.0.esp

Red Vipers Racing Swimsuit.esp

EliteRogueArmour.esp

LightBladesArmor.esp

Vampiric Knight.esp

ShellBondage - Bombshell.esp

Shocky's Latex Outfit.esp

fox22 Armor.esp

fox24 Armor.esp

fox25 Armor.esp

fox26 Armor.esp

fox28 Armor.esp

fox38 Armor.esp

fox32 Armor.esp

KERESECollection.esp

HentaiCasualKarliah.esp

WestWindAssault.esp

R18pn - lingerie Set.esp

Davjes_SorceressArmorHHS.esp

Darklilith.esp

Blades Hakama.esp

Neo's Selene.esp

NewmCBBELO1.esp

R18pn - Shanoa Armors.esp

R18Pn - Inner Wear Set.esp

Ursine Armor Pack.esp

yurica_slayer [HDT].esp

Aradia Living Armor JE.esp

BBD_CatsuitSpearhead.esp

Katarina Armor.esp

Insanity'sServatorMashup.esp

Cassandra Armor.esp

IcyV 19092187.esp

Diana Allers Dress.esp

Samus Suit.esp

Harley Quinn.esp

Catwoman Suit.esp

Hentai's Dark Rose Set.esp

thanks for the replies, I am finally done with installing my mods on MO, going to test it for a day or two, not fully confident since its my first time using it if all else fails I can always go back to my NMM which is on another HDD

Unless you are merging mods this game cannot load any more then 255 mods at one time. So if your using 300 mods without merging please show prove ???

I indeed merge my mods my armors since they are easy to do. 254 activ plugins 331 mods installed and using. Also Skyrim can handle more than 255 mods without merging with ghosting, but well technically seen ghosting is also without going over 255.

Merged Plugin:
ArmorEbonyRanger.esp
NightmareByNausicaa.esp
Fizban007Tohsaka.esp
Aradia Living Armour.esp
NewlynaArmor.esp
DF_T21.esp
ProType - Rocco.esp
BBP_BunnyGirl.esp
Cute Frills.esp
SexyVest.esp
Blade and Soul Qipao.esp
DF_T17.esp
ElvenScout.esp
KURESEMizugi.esp
MashupUNP.esp
Alduin Bikini.esp
Neo'sTinaByNausicaa.esp
Fancy Dress.esp
SkimpyAssassins.esp
numenume elf ear.esp
Aradia Kato Outfit.esp
ly ff13lb.esp
SnakeArmor.esp
Kaine Outfit.esp
PLCS - UNPB BBP.esp
Legendary.esp
LightningArmor13-2.esp
NalimCatsuit1.esp
NewVampChainsCuirass.esp
Northgirl.esp
df_t11.esp
Aradia Lace Dress.esp
RB0102.esp
RedSamurai.esp
RogueCoutureMashup.esp
S&D crow.esp
SantaRobes.esp
Sayaka_Suit.esp
TS_RogueOutfits2.esp
royal_daedric.esp
SoulArmor_1.0.esp
EliteRogueArmour.esp
LightBladesArmor.esp
Vampiric Knight.esp
fox22 Armor.esp
fox24 Armor.esp
fox25 Armor.esp
fox26 Armor.esp
fox28 Armor.esp
fox38 Armor.esp
fox32 Armor.esp
KERESECollection.esp
HentaiCasualKarliah.esp
WestWindAssault.esp
R18pn - lingerie Set.esp
Darklilith.esp
Blades Hakama.esp
Neo's Selene.esp
NewmCBBELO1.esp
Ursine Armor Pack.esp
yurica_slayer [HDT].esp
BBD_CatsuitSpearhead.esp
Katarina Armor.esp
Cassandra Armor.esp
IcyV 19092187.esp
Diana Allers Dress.esp
Samus Suit.esp
Harley Quinn.esp
Catwoman Suit.esp

dont armor mods cramp your save game as well? alot of my mods are armor too and I did see some increase loading time for having more

thanks for the replies, I am finally done with installing my mods on MO, going to test it for a day or two, not fully confident since its my first time using it if all else fails I can always go back to my NMM which is on another HDD

Merged Plugin:

ArmorEbonyRanger.esp

NightmareByNausicaa.esp

Fizban007Tohsaka.esp

Aradia Living Armour.esp

NewlynaArmor.esp

DF_T21.esp

ProType - Rocco.esp

BBP_BunnyGirl.esp

Cute Frills.esp

SexyVest.esp

Blade and Soul Qipao.esp

DF_T17.esp

ElvenScout.esp

KURESEMizugi.esp

MashupUNP.esp

Alduin Bikini.esp

Neo'sTinaByNausicaa.esp

Fancy Dress.esp

SkimpyAssassins.esp

numenume elf ear.esp

Aradia Kato Outfit.esp

ly ff13lb.esp

SnakeArmor.esp

Kaine Outfit.esp

PLCS - UNPB BBP.esp

Legendary.esp

LightningArmor13-2.esp

NalimCatsuit1.esp

NewVampChainsCuirass.esp

Northgirl.esp

df_t11.esp

Aradia Lace Dress.esp

RB0102.esp

RedSamurai.esp

RogueCoutureMashup.esp

S&D crow.esp

SantaRobes.esp

Sayaka_Suit.esp

TS_RogueOutfits2.esp

royal_daedric.esp

SoulArmor_1.0.esp

EliteRogueArmour.esp

LightBladesArmor.esp

Vampiric Knight.esp

fox22 Armor.esp

fox24 Armor.esp

fox25 Armor.esp

fox26 Armor.esp

fox28 Armor.esp

fox38 Armor.esp

fox32 Armor.esp

KERESECollection.esp

HentaiCasualKarliah.esp

WestWindAssault.esp

R18pn - lingerie Set.esp

Darklilith.esp

Blades Hakama.esp

Neo's Selene.esp

NewmCBBELO1.esp

Ursine Armor Pack.esp

yurica_slayer [HDT].esp

BBD_CatsuitSpearhead.esp

Katarina Armor.esp

Cassandra Armor.esp

IcyV 19092187.esp

Diana Allers Dress.esp

Samus Suit.esp

Harley Quinn.esp

Catwoman Suit.esp

dont armor mods cramp your save game as well? alot of my mods are armor too and I did see some increase loading time for having more

A good question, but no what is causing problems in your save are mostly leftover scripts from mods since armors don't have scripts like for example sexlab etc. you will get no problem with a lot of armors.

A lot of armors or just any additional file skyrim have to load increases your load time for obvious reasons the more to load the longer it takes.

Since armors as allready said are a simple thing they won't leave anything on your savefile or at least not much when deinstalled so they won't cause problems, but if you want to improve the load time delete what you don't need regardless if armor or not.

You don't have to read the following just some additional talk.

The only problem with savegames would be some bad scripted mods or much more likley due upgrading uninstalling mods not all scripts stop running and get removed so the more mods you install and deinstall or upgrading the more likley it is your savegame gets full with garbage you don't even need anymore if this will get to a problem or not I can't say I never had to start a new save because my files where corrupted and I use pretty much every mod you can find here on sexlab so you can imagine how many mods I am upgrading regular and how many mods I allready installed and deinstalled and I still use the same skyrim install since vanilla and its 578h old I have my second save now with ~300h so either I am doing something really well or the other guys are doing something terrible wrong or I'm just lucky.

Merged Plugin:

ArmorEbonyRanger.esp

NightmareByNausicaa.esp

Fizban007Tohsaka.esp

Aradia Living Armour.esp

NewlynaArmor.esp

DF_T21.esp

ProType - Rocco.esp

BBP_BunnyGirl.esp

Cute Frills.esp

SexyVest.esp

Blade and Soul Qipao.esp

DF_T17.esp

ElvenScout.esp

KURESEMizugi.esp

MashupUNP.esp

Alduin Bikini.esp

Neo'sTinaByNausicaa.esp

Fancy Dress.esp

SkimpyAssassins.esp

numenume elf ear.esp

Aradia Kato Outfit.esp

ly ff13lb.esp

SnakeArmor.esp

Kaine Outfit.esp

PLCS - UNPB BBP.esp

Legendary.esp

LightningArmor13-2.esp

NalimCatsuit1.esp

NewVampChainsCuirass.esp

Northgirl.esp

df_t11.esp

Aradia Lace Dress.esp

RB0102.esp

RedSamurai.esp

RogueCoutureMashup.esp

S&D crow.esp

SantaRobes.esp

Sayaka_Suit.esp

TS_RogueOutfits2.esp

royal_daedric.esp

SoulArmor_1.0.esp

EliteRogueArmour.esp

LightBladesArmor.esp

Vampiric Knight.esp

fox22 Armor.esp

fox24 Armor.esp

fox25 Armor.esp

fox26 Armor.esp

fox28 Armor.esp

fox38 Armor.esp

fox32 Armor.esp

KERESECollection.esp

HentaiCasualKarliah.esp

WestWindAssault.esp

R18pn - lingerie Set.esp

Darklilith.esp

Blades Hakama.esp

Neo's Selene.esp

NewmCBBELO1.esp

Ursine Armor Pack.esp

yurica_slayer [HDT].esp

BBD_CatsuitSpearhead.esp

Katarina Armor.esp

Cassandra Armor.esp

IcyV 19092187.esp

Diana Allers Dress.esp

Samus Suit.esp

Harley Quinn.esp

Catwoman Suit.esp

A good question, but no what is causing problems in your save are mostly leftover scripts from mods since armors don't have scripts like for example sexlab etc. you will get no problem with a lot of armors.

A lot of armors or just any additional file skyrim have to load increases your load time for obvious reasons the more to load the longer it takes.

Since armors as allready said are a simple thing they won't leave anything on your savefile or at least not much when deinstalled so they won't cause problems, but if you want to improve the load time delete what you don't need regardless if armor or not.

You don't have to read the following just some additional talk.

The only problem with savegames would be some bad scripted mods or much more likley due upgrading uninstalling mods not all scripts stop running and get removed so the more mods you install and deinstall or upgrading the more likley it is your savegame gets full with garbage you don't even need anymore if this will get to a problem or not I can't say I never had to start a new save because my files where corrupted and I use pretty much every mod you can find here on sexlab so you can imagine how many mods I am upgrading regular and how many mods I allready installed and deinstalled and I still use the same skyrim install since vanilla and its 578h old I have my second save now with ~300h so either I am doing something really well or the other guys are doing something terrible wrong or I'm just lucky.

thank you for explaining in detail ! I guess learning to read paprus logs are inevitable :P will try when my game starts getting unstable.

Most of the issues with saves not loading at all is scripts that are generating errors to the point that papyrus can't run. In most all of the issues I have looked at for other people I see multiple repeating errors due to either a broken update/removal process or incompatibility with another mod.

If you have trouble loading a save, load another one first (I usually use one from the start of that character) then load the one you want. If that doesn't work then you have problems. Currently, I have to load from the prison cell then load the game I want but I have nearly 0 errors in my log, I just have a lot of scripted mods running at once.

There is no issue that would require reinstalling Skyrim unless something happened with the registry or core files and mods don't change those. At worst you would have to check for errors and possible remove some mods (I have tossed several myself) and start a new game, you may even be able to save the game with a save cleaner. If you want to get your game back to the original install delete everything in the data folder other than the bsa files and any SKSE and enb files in the Skyrim folder and delete the ini files.

Archived