more Torpedo Tits bullshit

Monsto Brukes

This is frustrating.

Here's my bodyslide variant and a couple of outfits.

with xpmsE 2.06

outfit 1                                  outfit 2                                 outfit 3
jbkF0ri0iVfXxT_e.jpg jYhDcndzVJ16T_e.jpg jMZegcqDIo3Uy_e.jpg

with XPMS 1.92

outfit 1                                  outfit 2                                 outfit 3

jb1NV2RqyRMoBn_e.jpg jNLeiIgzj88KO_e.jpg jboRvx3aTDsopI_e.jpg

Just to be clear:

• with xpmsE, outfit 1 (bodyslide naked) and outfit 2 (tera whitemage robe) have flattened breasts, outfit 3 (CT77 fur armor #4) is normal
  • with XPMS, outfit 1 and outfit 2 are normal, outfit 3 is torpedo

I already know it's a skeleton problem.

What I'd like to know, in the simplest terms possible...

1. How is this inconsistency elimated? (not step by step handholding, but generally.)
  2. Which skeleton should I prefer and, In the simplest terms possible, why? I mean xpmsE is XPMS . . . but extended... ok great... what does that mean and why is it "better"?

(Yes I've brought this up more than a couple different times now, but I'm apparently dum as a post because I don't recall these questions being clearly answered.)

Again, fixing it:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/34798-fixing-skeleton-deformations-crushedtorpedo-breasts-etc/page-5?do=findComment&comment=944435

There's info on that thread as to why XPMS is messed up and XPMSE isn't.

Always prefer Groovtama's work, (XPMSE) as he's spent the entire 2.0+ update on fixing the mistakes the predecessor made (any version published by XP32 was in plain terms bugged)

This is frustrating.

Here's my bodyslide variant and a couple of outfits.

with xpmsE 2.06

outfit 1                                  outfit 2                                 outfit 3
jbkF0ri0iVfXxT_e.jpg jYhDcndzVJ16T_e.jpg jMZegcqDIo3Uy_e.jpg

with XPMS 1.92

outfit 1                                  outfit 2                                 outfit 3

jb1NV2RqyRMoBn_e.jpg jNLeiIgzj88KO_e.jpg jboRvx3aTDsopI_e.jpg

Just to be clear:

• with xpmsE, outfit 1 (bodyslide naked) and outfit 2 (tera whitemage robe) have flattened breasts, outfit 3 (CT77 fur armor #4) is normal
  • with XPMS, outfit 1 and outfit 2 are normal, outfit 3 is torpedo

I already know it's a skeleton problem.

What I'd like to know, in the simplest terms possible...

1. How is this inconsistency elimated? (not step by step handholding, but generally.)
  2. Which skeleton should I prefer and, In the simplest terms possible, why? I mean xpmsE is XPMS . . . but extended... ok great... what does that mean and why is it "better"?

(Yes I've brought this up more than a couple different times now, but I'm apparently dum as a post because I don't recall these questions being clearly answered.)

My guess is someone made the first 2 outfits with with Outfit Studio before they switched to 2.0. So any outfit\generated made with this got XPMS scales in the skinning. I will try to fix this in 2.1, I have an idea to make XPMSE2 backward compatible with fucked up skinning in XPMS and make it still for skinning new stuff. 

It's not a skeleton it's a mesh skinning problem. UN7B doesn't work with XPMSE2 with HDT and XPMS with BBP because of both skeletons but because it's skinned to XPMS1.93a breast bones, which is unusable for skinning compatible skinning.

Again, fixing it:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/34798-fixing-skeleton-deformations-crushedtorpedo-breasts-etc/page-5?do=findComment&comment=944435

There's info on that thread as to why XPMS is messed up and XPMSE isn't.

Always prefer Groovtama's work, (XPMSE) as he's spent the entire 2.0+ update on fixing the mistakes the predecessor made (any version published by XP32 was in plain terms bugged)

That link has a very specific set of troubleshooting instructions devoid of context and it therefore has no tangible relationship to my questions. There's no clue as to what problem is being spoken to, or what the goal of the instructions (or your response) actually is.

My guess is someone made the first 2 outfits with with Outfit Studio before they switched to 2.0. So any outfit\generated made with this got XPMS scales in the skinning. I will try to fix this in 2.1, I have an idea to make XPMSE2 backward compatible with fucked up skinning in XPMS and make it still for skinning new stuff. 

It's not a skeleton it's a mesh skinning problem. UN7B doesn't work with XPMSE2 with HDT and XPMS with BBP because of both skeletons but because it's skinned to XPMS1.93a breast bones, which is unusable for skinning compatible skinning.

Outfit 1 is my own bodyslide variant. It has never been in Outfit Studio. (I suffered from the AMD driver problem and only ever even tried to use it one time.

I doubt that the original author of outfit 2 (from the collection TERA Armor Collection - CBBE - standalone) made the set in Outfit Studio, I would wager that it also has never been there.

If inconsistent skinning is the problem with these 3 outfits, it sounds like Mesh Rigger could solve the problem, by rewriting the skin with that from a 'properly' skinned source.

So my next question is: What would a properly skinned source be?

Is there a body mesh out there somewhere that has been skinned properly, that I could use as a Mesh Rigger source and overwrite the "poor" skins of these meshes?

Outfit 1 is my own bodyslide variant. It has never been in Outfit Studio. (I suffered from the AMD driver problem and only ever even tried to use it one time.

I doubt that the original author of outfit 2 (from the collection TERA Armor Collection - CBBE - standalone) made the set in Outfit Studio, I would wager that it also has never been there.

If inconsistent skinning is the problem with these 3 outfits, it sounds like Mesh Rigger could solve the problem, by rewriting the skin with that from a 'properly' skinned source.

Is there a body mesh out there somewhere that has been skinned properly, that I could use as a Mesh Rigger source and overwrite the "poor" skins of these meshes?

Skinning to a skeleton that is based on Cherries or Dragonflys work for example. If you skin to a skeleton that doesn't look right ingame with any of those two skeletons and the vanilla hkx, you fucked up. XPMSE2 v2.06 is based on Dragonflys nodes and thus based on Cherries. What I do in 2.1 is nullifying incoperated scales that happens when you skin to XPMS skeleton.nif scales in Outfit studio. Which outfit studio produced before the 2.1 update.

When people skin to 2.1 it produces nearly the same thing as 2.0, but ingame, scales from fucked up skinning in outfit studio doesn't go in as hard as it is now.

Stuff that is skinned with XPMS1.93a and Max, which are complete different positions data, like the old HDT Body. Are still fucked they are beyond the point I can fix it.

To give you a very short and clear answer:

Solution: The outfits that don't look correct have to be reskinned using XPMSE 2+, because that's superior than most other skeletons.

How: Import and export from Outfit Studio.

Why: The outfits were skinned using "old", let's call them bugged, skeletons like XPMS 1.93 that have breast bone position offsets.

Solution: The outfits that don't look correct have to be reskinned using XPMSE 2+, because that's superior than most other skeletons.

Why: The outfits were skinned using "old", let's call them bugged, skeletons like XPMS 1.93 that have breast bone position offsets.

if it it's the position data, the mesh is fucked if it's only scales it can be "hidden"

Skinning to a skeleton that is based on Cherries or Dragonflys work for example. If you skin to a skeleton that doesn't look right ingame with any of those two skeletons and the vanilla hkx, you fucked up. XPMSE2 v2.06 is based on Dragonflys nodes and thus based on Cherries. What I do in 2.1 is nullifying incoperated scales that happens when you skin to XPMS skeleton.nif scales in Outfit studio. Which outfit studio produced before the 2.1 update.

When people skin to 2.1 it produces nearly the same thing as 2.0, but ingame, scales from fucked up skinning in outfit studio doesn't go in as hard as it is now.

Stuff that is skinned with XPMS1.93a and Max, which are complete different positions data, like the old HDT Body. Are still fucked they are beyond the point I can fix it.

Great answers right here. Thanks, guys. Clear question, clear I.D. of the problem, clear solution.

Problem: Bullety Boobies.

Cause: The skins on the mesh were based on bugged skeletons at time of creation.

Fix: Reskin the affected meshes with a non bugged skin.

Thank you very much.

if it it's the position data, the mesh is fucked if it's only scales it can be "hidden"

I think I got one with position data. The White Mage Robes of the tera collection, when imported/exported thru OS, there is no effect. Running mesh rigger, even skin only, completely rearranges the body. I mean everything is out of position. it's a scrambled mess in game.

So bottom line: there are conditions where the OS import/export won't help.

I think I got one with position data. The White Mage Robes of the tera collection, when imported/exported thru OS, there is no effect. Running mesh rigger, even skin only, completely rearranges the body. I mean everything is out of position. it's a scrambled mess in game.

You can reset skin positions with 3dsmax (and I assume by extension with blender)

Mesh rigger probably can too I think, you'd just have to identify the optional skeleton parameter. (you'd have to check with gerra6 on this though if he implements the new skin to the identified skeleton)

You can reset skin positions with 3dsmax (and I assume by extension with blender)

Mesh rigger probably can too I think, you'd just have to identify the optional skeleton parameter. (you'd have to check with gerra6 on this though if he implements the new skin to the identified skeleton)

I'm not 3dsMax level concerned about it. I dunno if I've displayed it in your direction or not, but, put simply, I hate 3dsMax. It is truthfully and unequivocally the worst piece of software available today.

Besides... the collection I'm using was updated by the author to a non-busted skeleton and now it's perfect.

It wasn't a user error. User error is when the user (me) fucks something up within the parameters of the program. If there was a seam somewhere in the program that allows a user to get outside of what it expects, completely by accident, that's not on the user.

What it is is evidence as to exactly how poor Max has become. It was cutting edge 10 yrs ago. Not anymore.

Archived