Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Possibly a dumb question, but is it normal for all NPC's to have 0 arousal? It doesn't seem to change, even after 10 days. 

Yep, that is pretty normal.  They all start out at zero and ONLY increase when you are near them (50 feet or so) with someone naked.

I know that is not realistic, but I have addressed the realism comment too many times to repeat it again.

Possibly a dumb question, but is it normal for all NPC's to have 0 arousal? It doesn't seem to change, even after 10 days. 

Yep, that is pretty normal.  They all start out at zero and ONLY increase when you are near them (50 feet or so) with someone naked.

I know that is not realistic, but I have addressed the realism comment too many times to repeat it again.

Oh so arousal is ONLY increased when an NPC can see a naked person? 

Yes and when they witness sex acts

Yes and when they witness sex acts

Alright, thanks!

Hi

Im working on a prostitution mod

I need to update the NPCs arousal level when I first get into dialogue with them.

Since Im a bit of a scripting noob im not quite sure how  to get this done properly.

I understand that I need to add the Arousal Framework like this:

slaUtilScr Property Aroused Auto

and to update the level, I would use something like this:

UpdateActorExposure(akSpeaker, ANumber)

But what does UpdateActorExposure actually do? Whats the value Number standing for? Is there a documentation for these functions?

Is it even the right Function to check for the NPCs arousal state?

Hi

Im working on a prostitution mod

I need to update the NPCs arousal level when I first get into dialogue with them.

Since Im a bit of a scripting noob im not quite sure how  to get this done properly.

I understand that I need to add the Arousal Framework like this:

slaUtilScr Property Aroused Auto

and to update the level, I would use something like this:

UpdateActorExposure(akSpeaker, ANumber)

But what does UpdateActorExposure actually do? Whats the value Number standing for? Is there a documentation for these functions?

Is it even the right Function to check for the NPCs arousal state?

Better to use the modevent described on the main page with examples.

Fishburger - have a question. I have latest Redux. Is there's anything to be done to reduce/remove arousal penalty after my PC has been raped. You see, after being raped and when he has consensual sex encounter after few hours, I got the message "I lost my desire" How long arousal penalty last and is there a way that I can reduce it or turn it off?

Fishburger - have a question. I have latest Redux. Is there's anything to be done to reduce/remove arousal penalty after my PC has been raped. You see, after being raped and when he has consensual sex encounter after few hours, I got the message "I lost my desire" How long arousal penalty last and is there a way that I can reduce it or turn it off?

There shouldn't be a saved arousal penalty for rape, but their is a major loss of exposure which is stored in StorageUtil. 

Best thing is to use MCM and puppet master and manually increase it and make sure your other values are at default.

There shouldn't be a saved arousal penalty for rape, but their is a major loss of exposure which is stored in StorageUtil. 

Best thing is to use MCM and puppet master and manually increase it and make sure your other values are at default.

Thank you very much for reply.

How can I simply decrease the arousal of an Actor to 0

I have a whippinng scene in my Mod that should satisfy the Whipping Actor

I tryed using the front page script

int eid = ModEvent.Create("slaUpdateExposure")
ModEvent.PushForm(eid, FM_Whipper.getActorRef())
ModEvent.PushFloat(eid, 0.1)
ModEvent.Send(eid)

I thaught this might miltiply the Actors arousal by 0.1 = very low afterwards. But it doest seem to work
I also tryed to reduce its sla_arousal Faction Rank to 0

But it somehow also doesnt work

How do I do this?

Does the mod give female actors orgasm only after they participate in sex animation with certain tags?

My female PC and female NPC does not have their arousal values reduced after sex. I suspect it is because the lesbian sex animation does not have tags such as "vaginal".

If I give them male animation with the related tags through the sexlab animation editor in MCM their arousal values reduce properly.

Does the mod give female actors orgasm only after they participate in sex animation with certain tags?

My female PC and female NPC does not have their arousal values reduced after sex. I suspect it is because the lesbian sex animation does not have tags such as "vaginal".

If I give them male animation with the related tags through the sexlab animation editor in MCM their arousal values reduce properly.

Aroused does not give orgasms.  Sexlab does that.  Aroused does not reduce exposure values unless the sex act specifies that it should and when it does, the value of sla_aroused is a combination of exposure and two other vales.

Under the upgrade instruction it says "Just uninstall the old version using MCM or similiar". This is a typo, right? I'm sure you mean NMM or similar, because there is no uninstall option in MCM for this mod.

More importantly, I don't get any message saying that Aroused is ready to use with the new version. I've waited several minutes, but I can still use the menu.

Rape removes all (or most) exposure.  However, it does not impose any "penalty".  What you are seeing is that the next time the players aroused stats are updated, if they were the victim of a rape, you get a message so long as their arousal is below 20.

Under the upgrade instruction it says "Just uninstall the old version using MCM or similiar". This is a typo, right? I'm sure you mean NMM or similar, because there is no uninstall option in MCM for this mod.

More importantly, I don't get any message saying that Aroused is ready to use with the new version. I've waited several minutes, but I can still use the menu.

Yes, that is a typo.  I''ll go fix that now.  If you mean that you cannot use MCM menu, that is a SkyUI issue.   Frequently, you need to restart their quest.  Sadly, I don't remember the quest name.  Also, the "Aroused is ready to use" message was removed because people complained about it.  You should however see "SexLab Aroused upgraded to version xxx" if SkyUI is working.

Often, this will clear itself up and sometimes it is helped by clicking on another MCM menu and then waiting a few minutes.

Okay, then that's resolved then. Do you know if this mod interferes with More nasty Critters? Some creatures don't get the nude meshes and people in the MNC thread sometimes mention this mod and that you have to make certain settings to make them compatible.

Okay, then that's resolved then. Do you know if this mod interferes with More nasty Critters? Some creatures don't get the nude meshes and people in the MNC thread sometimes mention this mod and that you have to make certain settings to make them compatible.

Should not interfere with any mod and I know several people using more nasty critters with Redux.  The only possible issue is that they (and I) do papyrus activity and on a heavily modded game might cause issues.  However, Redux is like 1/20th the load of the original.

Should not interfere with any mod and I know several people using more nasty critters with Redux.  The only possible issue is that they (and I) do papyrus activity and on a heavily modded game might cause issues.  However, Redux is like 1/20th the load of the original.

Redux works more then fine with MNC. :)

Version 25 Beta 1 is available

This is a very large update.  However, as long as you leave the default MCM settings alone, it will work exactly as before.  There are no changes to the code except as noted below, so you should be safe in loading the beta.  I have only put this out as Beta because the animations are not complete.

If you install this, MAKE SURE YOU RUN FNIS.

Changes:

Added aroused animations.  These are not complete.  Leito is still tweaking them and when he is finished, I'll put out a release version.  These animation do not add any papyrus load.  They are handled entirely by the game engine with no papyrus.  The animations play at random with other animations, but only when arousal is greater than 50.  These are short animations to prevent the actors from "moon-walking".  They only happen once every 5 minutes or so in my testing which I think is about right for realism.  There are MCM checkboxes to enable them for male and female NPCs independantly.  There is a longer animation associated with talking.  For those of you who want to see them in action, open the console, target an actor, then "playIdle sla_arousedxxx"   where xxx is Female1, Female2, Male1, Male2, and Tease.

As noted above, Leito is still working on these animations.  Currently, there is a small jerk back to default when the animation is complete.  But, it does look reasonably good the way it is.  I hope all of you will hope over to Leitos Forum and tell him thanks.  I really appreciate what he has done for us.   These animations are beyond my skill set.

Added MCM option for Line of Sight:  If this is checked on, arousal computations are only performed on candidate actors that have line of sight (read is looking at) on the naked actor.

Modified the code so that Line of Sight is required for sexlab animations.  This essentially puts the aroused computations back to version 20 when actors observe Sexlab sex acts.  This is not controlled by the Line of Sight MCM setting.

For Modders:

Added EroticArmor Keyword:  If this keyword is attached to any armor piece, the actor is considered naked.  It is hoped that this keyword will only be used on chest pieces, but that wish is not enforced.

Added ModEvent sla_UpdateComplete:  This mod event is sent after Redux is completed with it's work.  The integer part of the event contains the number of actors in the scan.  This can be used for two purposes.  First, by receiving it, you know that arousal has been computed for 0 or more actors.  Second, it can be used to synchronize your own code so as to minimize the simultaneous papyrus impact.  I hope all you modders can see the value in this synchronization.  This was my primary reason for doing this change. 

Here is some example code:

RegisterForModevent("sla_UpdateComplete", "OnArousalComputed")

Event OnArousalComputed(string eventName, string argString, float argNum, form sender)

if(argNum > 0)
     ;Do my thing because there is at least one actor to process
  endif

endEvent

This event has everything null and unused except argNum which contains the number of actors that were processed.  This can also be used to get this list of actors.

Added the function Actor [] function getLoadedActors(int lockNum)

This function returns a 20 slot array of actors.  lockNum is an integer that must be between 10 and 32000.  It must be unique.

Here is how to use it:

Actor [] theActors
slaMainScr Property pslaMainScr Auto

Event OnArousalComputed(string eventName, string argString, float argNum, form sender)

if(argNum > 0)
        int myLockNum = Utility.randomInt(10, 32000)
        Actor [] myActors = pslaMainScr.getLoadedActors(myLockNum)
        ;This could be null if called at the wrong time
        if(myActors)
            if(!theActors)
                theActors = new Actor[20]
            endif
            int i = 0;
        ;Copy the actors to a private array
            while(i < argNum)
                theActors[i] = myActors[i]
                i+= 1
            endwhile
        ;It is imparative to call unlock or Aroused Redux STOPS forever
            pslaMainScr.UnlockScan(myLockNum)

;Now do whatever I want with those actors
    endif

endEvent

Note the comment to call UnlockScan().  If you don't call this, Redux will never again perform any scans.  It is not necessary to copy the actors to a private array if what you do happens withing a second or two.  However, it is safest to do it as shown.

The array returned has all the actors in a 90 foot radius (including creatures considered actors, but not chicken).  The array is sorted so that the closest actor  to the player character is in slot 0 and so on.

Added the global sla_AnimationThreshhold:  (All you english majors, don't bitch at me about the spelling)  This global variable is set to 50 and is the value sla_aroused is tested against to determine if an aroused animation is played.  You can change it in console for testing purposes.  I considered adding it as an MCM option but decided against it in the end.

Added the FormList sla_NakedArmorList:  This formlist is checked by the naked actor scanner and if any armor on the list is being worn by the actor, that actor is considered naked.  However, currently, this formlist is empty.  I was planning on putting all the armor the player identifies through the MCM menu options on it, but I want to think about that a while longer.  My primary concern is that player must manually add to this list.  I would prefer if the mod authors would use the EroticArmor keyword instead.

Fishie, did you update SLA or did you just update the original post?

See the post above for details.