Can anybody help me with Steam please?

Zomhead

Hey,

I just signed up to this site about a hour or so ago and I'm gonna sound like a right noob here but how do you actually install these mods for skyrim on steam? I've been searching the forum for a while now as I didn't want to bother anyone but I'm clueless.

I know how to work the steam workshop and the nexus website but not this one. I have the zip. file ready to go but i'm not sure where to extact it too.

If anyone can help I'd be super grateful and I'm really sorry if I've missed anything glaring at me in the face all this time.

I'm going to plug myself here and point you toward this:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35876-am-i-the-only-one-confused-about-how-to-add-mods/

It's talking mostly about how to install Sanguine's Debauchery mod, and it goes through a lot of steps you might already be familiar with (download stuff from nexus, download stuff from here, extracting files, etc)

If you're comfortable with all that, just skip to:

"Now you've got everything and are ready to start adding the mod(s) to your game."

The instructions make references to stuff you may not have downloaded, but the principle and method is the same.

tl;dr

Unpack the compressed files into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data directory

Activate the mods using your favorite mod manager (wrye bash, MO, NMM, etc)

Should be okay.

Guest endgameaddiction

I feel the need to ask here instead of creating a topic if it's okay.

I can't log on Steam. In fact I haven't been able to for weeks now. It says it's a problem with my connection, but my internet is fine. I've looked this up and I have found a couple of resources, but no solutions. So, I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I think for the most part most aren't having this problem or this would of been brought up many times by now. Does anyone know a solution, or should I just take to Steam support?

I feel the need to ask here instead of creating a topic if it's okay.

I can't log on Steam. In fact I haven't been able to for weeks now. It says it's a problem with my connection, but my internet is fine. I've looked this up and I have found a couple of resources, but no solutions. So, I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I think for the most part most aren't having this problem or this would of been brought up many times by now. Does anyone know a solution, or should I just take to Steam support?

It's happened to me a few times in the past... can't log in for several days at a time while other people could.

I honestly don't know what causes it or why the problem suddenly goes away after a while.

You could try Steam support, I've never gone that route, and I've heard mixed reports about its utility.

Good luck.

Guest endgameaddiction

Guess it's a problem on their end now (or always have been rather) that I've reinstalled Steam and I get a Steam Server error message.

Archived