So......I've made a 'stand in' add-on for the Lykaios race, which works like the usual SOS add-ons.

Please note this one is just until we get the fully animated sheath working! For now it will be released as a patch with the Race when it is ready for Beta testing in the next few weeks, and also as a stand alone addon for SOS in general if there is enough demand for it. 

I'm having some trouble at the moment getting the SOS patch for the Lykaios race to work, but as soon as I do It will be full steam ahead to having this released.  I still also need to fix the slight texture mismatch at the groin seam, but other than that this is working perfectly in game!

...and yeah the sheath is a bit wrinkly and not very 'canine' but its better than nothing at all!

Also I think the textures make up for the dodgy mesh work on my part. This mesh is a combo of the amazing mesh work on the shaft by Porsche, and the sheath and balls are edited by yours truly from VectorPlexus's regular schlong.

So far it is running and animating fine with SOS, and racemenu scales and sliders are working great too.

My apologies for the terribly blocky shadows on the 'erect' pic. Those black lines aren't there if you are running a better PC than I am and have your shadows set higher.

7OYOKom.jpg

*Loses mind out of sheer excitement*

Looks amazing :o can't wait to get my hands on this mod

We all know, on what you will get your hands, to be strict- right hand, when this mod is out :angel:

To be perfectly honest I've switched hands, my right arm was getting larger than my left :/ rly its so I can use my right to make vids -_- while having fun times

Looks amazing :o can't wait to get my hands on this mod

We all know, on what you will get your hands, to be strict- right hand, when this mod is out :angel:

To be perfectly honest I've switched hands, my right arm was getting larger than my left :/ rly its so I can use my right to make vids -_- while having fun times

Personally, I just think to myself, "fuck it", and use my right hand for both clicking and "playing". My mouse doesn't really get all that dirty. Just a little saliva, which evaporates eventually anyways. I don't use my left hand 'cause it just feels so awkward. Plus it makes it actual work to get off at that point! I'll lose my hardon in the process of just trying to get a steady motion! So now, whenever I would be obligated to use my other hand for some reason, like if I had blisters from working, I'd just slip on a plastic glove from under the sink.

OMG I SO want to bounce on those!  Looking Beautiful as always Kritta. I know I most likely won't make beta tester, but DAMN does what I am seeing both here and on twitter making me drool. Keep up the beautiful work! And Porche, I hope things are working well for you now.

By the way, Kritta, it kinda looks like the seems on the legs could use some work too.

You know, something that bothers me is that I have never seen anyone make a mesh where seams overlap. Why doesn't anyone do that?! It would make it SOOO much easier to blend textures if you could have one of them fade out on top of the other!

So......I've made a 'stand in' add-on for the Lykaios race, which works like the usual SOS add-ons.

Please note this one is just until we get the fully animated sheath working! For now it will be released as a patch with the Race when it is ready for Beta testing in the next few weeks, and also as a stand alone addon for SOS in general if there is enough demand for it. 

I'm having some trouble at the moment getting the SOS patch for the Lykaios race to work, but as soon as I do It will be full steam ahead to having this released.  I still also need to fix the slight texture mismatch at the groin seam, but other than that this is working perfectly in game!

...and yeah the sheath is a bit wrinkly and not very 'canine' but its better than nothing at all!

Also I think the textures make up for the dodgy mesh work on my part. This mesh is a combo of the amazing mesh work on the shaft by Porsche, and the sheath and balls are edited by yours truly from VectorPlexus's regular schlong.

So far it is running and animating fine with SOS, and racemenu scales and sliders are working great too.

My apologies for the terribly blocky shadows on the 'erect' pic. Those black lines aren't there if you are running a better PC than I am and have your shadows set higher.

7OYOKom.jpg

Wow... nice canine cock sculpting. Have more products like that over on Second Life make a bundle on it! LOL

Just dumb question on it as I see it in two states, will it have some sort of SOS SHIFT+PGUP/DN to angle it up down (not changing state -aka harder / softer-  mind you)  or is it just like Better Males cocks (either hard or soft only in one position)? Just curious, as I didn't see anything mentioned one way or the other (or I am just blind and didn't comprehend what you said properly - does happen ya know, sorry!).  

Its rigged to the SOS bones, so yes it works like any other SOS addon does, you can change the angles left ,right, up and down. And it works in the SOS racemenu sliders, you can make the balls massive, give it a bend and so on.

By the way, Kritta, it kinda looks like the seems on the legs could use some work too.

You know, something that bothers me is that I have never seen anyone make a mesh where seams overlap. Why doesn't anyone do that?! It would make it SOOO much easier to blend textures if you could have one of them fade out on top of the other!

They usually dont overlap the actual mesh seams because otherwise the smoothing will bug out since technically the mesh is still 'one piece, which is cut up into flat sections for your UV map the seams do break when you convert to a .nif, but they are still 'one' so that it forms a smooth mesh.  If to combat that you just overlap your UV maps, then is the issue that when you would bake your normals you would get a conflict on the shading. so you'd have a band where the mesh overlaps that would have the conflicting normals and still get a seam there anyway.

The only way to have a nonexistent seam is to have a single solid colour with no pattern or have a program where you can paint across seams in 3d.

This particular seam is because the texture is made to work on 2 different male bodies, and there is the slightest little difference in the mesh and texture direction from one to the other which is super noticeable close up but blends away at a reasonable distance.

They usually dont overlap the actual mesh seams because otherwise the smoothing will bug out since technically the mesh is still 'one piece, which is cut up into flat sections for your UV map the seams do break when you convert to a .nif, but they are still 'one' so that it forms a smooth mesh.  If to combat that you just overlap your UV maps, then is the issue that when you would bake your normals you would get a conflict on the shading. so you'd have a band where the mesh overlaps that would have the conflicting normals and still get a seam there anyway.

The only way to have a nonexistent seam is to have a single solid colour with no pattern or have a program where you can paint across seams in 3d.

This particular seam is because the texture is made to work on 2 different male bodies, and there is the slightest little difference in the mesh and texture direction from one to the other which is super noticeable close up but blends away at a reasonable distance.

Hm, this is completely beyond my knowledge then. It really isn't as simple as overlapping a fading texture? There's NO way to do that?

Hm, this is completely beyond my knowledge then. It really isn't as simple as overlapping a fading texture? There's NO way to do that?

You would have to create a separate mesh which sits over the seam with its own separate UV maps.

I did similar with the tail mesh to achieve the layered fur look. The problem you would have then is sometimes It might clip with the body underneath if its not weighted just perfectly, and then there is also some issues with the light hitting the mesh just right, If you look at the fur trims on the Ronzo race, you'll see what I mean about the mismatch with the lighting normals making the fur stand out from the body.

AND..its heaps of extra work when really the seam isn't THAT bad, or visible from a playing distance.

5hUfrZ7.jpg

You would have to create a separate mesh which sits over the seam with its own separate UV maps.

I did similar with the tail mesh to achieve the layered fur look. The problem you would have then is sometimes It might clip with the body underneath if its not weighted just perfectly, and then there is also some issues with the light hitting the mesh just right, If you look at the fur trims on the Ronzo race, you'll see what I mean about the mismatch with the lighting normals making the fur stand out from the body.

AND..its heaps of extra work when really the seam isn't THAT bad, or visible from a playing distance.

5hUfrZ7.jpg

b7a5b5d9a27386d1f9024c71f92584b4.jpg

That sexiness....... 

5hUfrZ7.jpg

Sheesh, his thighs are big! Or maybe his neck is too thick...I can't tell. Somethings out of proportion in my opinion. That's all I know.

XD

Anyways, I understand it isn't that bad of an issue. It's just that I have a very keen eye for detail, and me having the mindset that everything has a easy solution, somewhere somehow, I thought it could be easily patched up. Apparently not. Whatever the case, it's looking awesome! I'm very much looking forward to the update!

Speaking of which, any chance you could whip up a brief update on the mod's progress? Simply telling us what all is finished, what's yet to be done, and what you're currently working on and how close you are to finishing that part?

I've kind of neglected posting in this thread because, well, if I pay too much attention to it, frankly, I get swept up by the hype train all the way to ImpatientAsFuckVille, but in spite of myself I just wanted to say - retrospectively from the very beginning of this mod, to where it is now - you guys are doing plain and simply amazing work. I would honestly classify the Lykaois as the only 'truly' custom race in Skyrim (or at least, to be in the near future), though I know there are many who would argue that point. At the very least, no other race mod has gone half as far as you guys are, and it shows in spades. I wish the guy behind the valsaark/kygara, and the author behind the deervakiin had half the commitment you guys did with those custom races, then maybe we'd finally be able to redress the balance of "human" to quality beast races in Skyrim.

I'm curious, did you get the tails to be HDT? I remember some time ago you were trying to get HDT tails to work but not sure how it went krittakitty.

I'd be somewhat weary of it, to be honest. I've experimented with differrent HDT tail mods/sets already out there and they all seem to fall into two clearly defined categories of "somewhat disappoint"; either they're "stable" (don't bug or freak out much) but limp and lifeless, just something dangling off your butt that moves - or they're "animated" (react to animation triggers and movement better, move around besides just flopping), but bug and spaz out regularly, and frequently break unless you change cells (or on yourself, use something else that equips to the tail slot to cut it off and re-equip again to "reset" it).

I'm curious, did you get the tails to be HDT? I remember some time ago you were trying to get HDT tails to work but not sure how it went krittakitty.

YES! I did. Groovtama helped me get it working. :D

Its only a basic HDT tail and does have the usual slight twitching and bug out glitch that most HDT tails have, but it works well enough to release.

I'm hoping someone who knows HDT better than I do will improve it once the whole mod is released. I did contact the author of the equipable HDT tail and ears mod about how to make the HDT as smooth as theirs, but it was a bit beyond my skills and they are still ill as far as I know.

EDIT: the HDT tail is optional btw, there is a fully rigged and working 'Vanilla' type version of the tail included in the mod options.

5hUfrZ7.jpg

Sheesh, his thighs are big! Or maybe his neck is too thick...I can't tell. Somethings out of proportion in my opinion. That's all I know.

XD

Anyways, I understand it isn't that bad of an issue. It's just that I have a very keen eye for detail, and me having the mindset that everything has a easy solution, somewhere somehow, I thought it could be easily patched up. Apparently not. Whatever the case, it's looking awesome! I'm very much looking forward to the update!

Speaking of which, any chance you could whip up a brief update on the mod's progress? Simply telling us what all is finished, what's yet to be done, and what you're currently working on and how close you are to finishing that part?

He's just set to Max weight, you can always make him skinnier in your own game.

I have done:

• All body textures, CBBE, UNP/Vanilla, SOS, Anthro  X 'Smooth', 'Furry', 'Bare', and then in two different colour options. So that is like 20 different diffuse textures, and then the matching normal maps and specular maps (so that makes it more like 50+ if you count the 4 different options for SOS, hand and head meshes as well as all the msn and Sk maps)

• 'Anthro' body meshes for both genders, rigged and weight sliding
  • Feet for both genders rigged and weight sliding
  • Head meshes re-made and neck seam fixed
  • Fluffy Tails for both genders in both HDT or Vanilla bone weighting.
  • SOS Lykaios canine addon + SOS 'Lykaios Human' addon (that way you can have both if you want)
  • All facial tintmasks re-made for the new meshes and both sexes (another 40+ textures)
  • 13 new warpaints + 3 different 'husky' facial markings
  • added in more and better 'colour' options for skin tones/hair and warpaints
  • Racemenu Body overlays for Males (another 40+ textures)
  • 30+ different eye colour variants

Hair meshes and matching textures: (unisex) so X two for all of these

• Lion/wolf mane + with fringe + with braids + with feathers/beads
  • Braided ponytail + with braids/feathers/beads
  • Mohawk + Mohawk with feathers
  • Short crop + Short crop with fringe
  • flipped forward (think emo fringe)
  • Long messy hair
  • Dreadlocks + with beads (in two colour variants, light or dark)
  • 3 'improved vanilla' hair styles (I fixed them up and made them a little more stylish with better textures)
  • Tied style (this style is a bit hard to describe, there are lots of tufts and braids)
  • (possibly more I have forgotten)

Racial abilities fixed:

• Now have a small fire damage penalty to compensate for the frost resistance
  • Lowered disease resistance to help in contracting vampirism
  • balanced the 'claws' unarmed damage so its a little less over powered
  • lowered starting stats to (almost) vanilla
  • 'Summon pack' ability which summons 3 wolf pack members to fight for you for 90 seconds. (once a day power)
  • Better detect life ability
  • removed 'night eye' ability

I still need to:

• Finish Racemenu Body overlays for females (another 40+ textures)
  • Add all the male hairs into CK
  • Get the SOS patch working
  • Add the Eye Glow variants
  • Esm-ift the mod, then make the NPCs and mod.
  • Voice acting for NPCs.
  • (optional) wild shape shifting power. You turn into a 'real' wolf for a few minutes

_____

After release:

• Child Lykaios race
  • Keep working on Facial .tri files
  • custom 'race' armor sets - going to be based on a mix of native american and mongolian clothing
  • custom race home - a portable 'Yurt' for lykaios - I'll be setting up camps of Lykaios much like you see the wandering Khajiit caravans
  • Custom voice type/effect - with canine whines barks and other things
  • Make new armor race for Lykaios that works...(so that the edited clothing don't overwrite any Khajiit armors)
  • Add in the edited armor/footwear/helmets

I'd be somewhat weary of it, to be honest. I've experimented with differrent HDT tail mods/sets already out there and they all seem to fall into two clearly defined categories of "somewhat disappoint"; either they're "stable" (don't bug or freak out much) but limp and lifeless, just something dangling off your butt that moves - or they're "animated" (react to animation triggers and movement better, move around besides just flopping), but bug and spaz out regularly, and frequently break unless you change cells (or on yourself, use something else that equips to the tail slot to cut it off and re-equip again to "reset" it).

YES! is did. Groovtama helped me get it working. :D

Its only a basic HDT tail and does have the usual slight twitching and bug out glitch that most HDT tails have, but it works well enough to release.

I'm hoping someone who knows HDT better than I do will improve it once the whole mod is released. I did contact the author of the equipable HDT tail and ears mod about how to make the HDT as smooth as theirs, but it was a bit beyond my skills and they are still ill as far as I know.

I dare say, to some extent, a tad bit buggy HDT tail is better than those stiff tails. (Yes, I'm playing a khajiit nowadays and that tail is bugging me ><)

Oh, no, I totally get you. The very reason I've experimented with so many different HDT tail mods/sets, and tried my hand at modifying the xml's for them is that I need the tail to not make me think I'm still playing a game from 2001. On that front, Kritta, I'm very glad to hear you're trying to work out good implementation of HDT on the tails. Just for the love of god don't get too ambitious and try to put HDT on the male's balls...that one SOS mod by GRT...I applaud the effort/concept...but actually watching it function in-game is very often some exorcist-level shit XD

Oh, no, I totally get you. The very reason I've experimented with so many different HDT tail mods/sets, and tried my hand at modifying the xml's for them is that I need the tail to not make me think I'm still playing a game from 2001. On that front, Kritta, I'm very glad to hear you're trying to work out good implementation of HDT on the tails. Just for the love of god don't get too ambitious and try to put HDT on the male's balls...that one SOS mod by GRT...I applaud the effort/concept...but actually watching it function in-game is very often some exorcist-level shit XD

hahah... no HDT balls. >_< that bouncy willie was scary as hell. I think the SOS bone weighting I have is enough!

Hey i know you said you guys still have work to do on the sheathes. I have a question: will the knot eventually go back into the sheath and thats something that still has to be done or is that too much mesh transforming to be possible? Either way it is looking so good :heart:

Kritta, do you have actors for the voices yet? Really no sense in doing that unless you can do it right.

I'd really really really really really be okay with just being able to use voices from the other races. When people submit voice for projects like this especially on like the stuff Jasonafex does it just makes me really uncomfortable :s

Kritta, do you have actors for the voices yet? Really no sense in doing that unless you can do it right.

Ive got some volunteers, and I wouldn't bother releasing anything I didn't feel was 'up to standard'.

As I said, it will be an 'after the release' thing, so fully optional.

Hey i know you said you guys still have work to do on the sheathes. I have a question: will the knot eventually go back into the sheath and thats something that still has to be done or is that too much mesh transforming to be possible? Either way it is looking so good :heart:

I'd really really really really really be okay with just being able to use voices from the other races. When people submit voice for projects like this especially on like the stuff Jasonafex does it just makes me really uncomfortable :s

Eventually.... That is what Porsche is working on, but an unfortunate car accident has thrown a spanner in the works and means that Porsche has other things to deal with for now, which is why I made the version which just uses the normal SOS bones. Having a retracting phallus is A LOT of work with animation keys and things that I have no experience with.

So this version is just a stand in for the 'real' thing later on.

What? What's wrong with the voices Jason uses? At least they're pretty high quality. What, are you just disturbed thinking about how they went about to produce the voices?

XD

I can just imagine them jerking off with the mic laying beside them.

Oh and in case i wasn't clear, this is a voice type for the player. it is not SLab effects (and I wont be making any Slab voice types at all for this, because its not my kind of thing I'm afraid)

So for instance when you get whomped with an axe by a bandit you will 'whine' like an injured dog rather than 'grunt' like a human. Power attacks will have more growl like effects and so on.

Oh and in case i wasn't clear, this is a voice type for the player. it is not SLab effects (and I wont be making any Slab voice types at all for this, because its not my kind of thing I'm afraid)

So for instance when you get whomped with an axe by a bandit you will 'whine' like an injured dog rather than 'grunt' like a human. Power attacks will have more growl like effects and so on.

May just make a crazy melee character then :D can't wait! This has got to be my favorite mod (right up with Maria Eden and DCL). This will become a permanent part of my loadorder once you guys release it :D