Forums and you(or perhaps me) !

Hentai-chan

Something somewhat interesting happened today. Something that intrigued me and help work up the courage to ask one simple question. A few hours ago, I posted my new character, Rana, under 'Show your Skyrim counterpart'. At first, it was one of those moments when I post something and return like a month later to see what kind of reaction I got for it. But some time after my posting, when I wanted to check out Nexus to if they any intriguing race mods, I got this sudden 'thing' that made me open up LL, instead. I didn't want to admit but I wanted to see what kind of reaction my Rana got. I was expecting likes to fill up my notifications tab but I brushed it away. 'No way!' I said to myself. Then my browser loaded up LL pretty quickly. My attention was on 'Notifications' tab but nothing. No likes. I went to see if there were any replies for it. And not unexpectedly, there was one reply. I took a bunch of pictures with different hairstyles, see, and I asked which hairstyle suited her best. Then I proceeded down the list looking at other posts. And I saw others getting like 18 likes for a single post. I told myself they must really get around.

So here's my question: How much time do you spend on forums? LL or elsewhere?

I want to know because to accumulate such huge numbers of likes they either hang around a lot or they are on LL with friends. I mean, real-life friends. There's a part of me that doesn't want to be alone, but on the other hand, what do I do in order not to be alone I find myself asking. Try to be unrealistically cheery and unreasonably happy? Become an airhead? Pretend to be something I am not, only to shake off loneliness? No, I respect (and love) myself to much to do that. Every time I come here I say to myself 'I am not here to make friends'. I am not trying to act tough or anything. I say it because It's true. Any social group I have been in up to now I said to myself 'I am not here to make friends'. It's just who I am.

You actually have 2 likes when I just checked. I have this site open almost all day but unless you keep refreshing the page you will be shown as offline till you refresh the page. I just pop back and forth off and on to see if there is anything interesting or if someone might need help that I can actually help with. Skyrims show your skyrim counterpart it is easy for posts and pictures to be eaten by the amount of people that post in the thread. For a slow moving thread try oblivions 2 threads as those don't swallow up posts and pictures as fast and people can actually see them before they disappear.

You actually have 2 likes when I just checked. I have this site open almost all day but unless you keep refreshing the page you will be shown as offline till you refresh the page. I just pop back and forth off and on to see if there is anything interesting or if someone might need help that I can actually help with. Skyrims show your skyrim counterpart it is easy for posts and pictures to be eaten by the amount of people that post in the thread. For a slow moving thread try oblivions 2 threads as those don't swallow up posts and pictures as fast and people can actually see them before they disappear.

When I posted this topic, there were no likes. It stands to reason that some people like go back a little bit to see what has gotten 'eaten up' as you say. Don't think I'll let that put me down though. It's fun to take those shots. Sharing is secondary.

I spend a LOT of time here at LL. I use the site as a resource to link to other websites, so when LL was down for me for a day I realized how much I actually use it! I'm not here to make friends, but I do like to socialize and would like to think I have gained a little respect here and there.

As for likes... People are fickle. What can I say, hmmmm, likes are like pop music. When you compose a fine peace of art, it is often overlooked for some shallow piece of shit that uses the same gimmick over and over again! You can't take it personal, because you cant control others CRAPPY tastes!

Saying that, let me give you a few tips.

1. Remove the UI, it's a HUGE distraction. post-67-0-64096200-1410060106_thumb.jpg
  2. Between shots, use different expressions. Use http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44596/?
  3. Resolution matters, If you are just taking screenshots then frame rate doesn't matter. Pump up the resolution then turn it back down when done.

Saying that, You did a good job, I especially love the background of the shot above. Another thing is the taste of the viewer. Personally I tend to not give likes to what I consider fake boobs. Others don't give likes to small boobs... Some like thick thighs. Only things that gets likes universally tend to be generic pieces of shit! Be proud that you made a unique look that is not generic.

Your character has a very unique face, and that's good IMO! My character Iona is SOOOOO generic!!!! My Altmer is a completely custom face, I am REALLY proud of her, and you know what? People want to see Iona...  The thing with unique faces is that others might not have the same reaction that you have. 

Personally I love this hair for your character. post-67-0-67570100-1410061585_thumb.jpg She has a different jaw than most, and this hair frames her face better. (for me at least)

Each person is different, but here is my general guideline to giving likes. Note I am VERY Atypical! IF you want likes you might want to do the opposite of me LOL!

Stories get likes no matter what! The amount of work they put into it, I don't care if I like it or not, they deserve it.

I don't like nude shots. After seeing 10,000 nude shots they are boring, and everyone uses nudes to get likes, horrible gimmick IMO!

Fake boobs? No likes either.Large is fine, but not if they defy gravity!

Slutty? Pass

Sexy? /like

Bikini's in the snow? Same as slutty!

TLDR

Don't worry to much about likes. If you get a TON of likes IMO then you are using gimmicks and making something generic. Next time, just don't have the UI in the shots, use a higher resolution and make the faces use different expressions! The likes will be better!

Skyrims show your skyrim counterpart it is easy for posts and pictures to be eaten by the amount of people that post in the thread.

True the placement of your thread is important to exposure time. Being the last few posts of a thread is bad, being at the time gets more exposure and thus likes.

I come here about twice or three times a day, depending on the situation. Once in the morning when I first wake up, again in the afternoon, and then late night before I crash out. It's mostly to check the "What Mod Is This" and "Where Can I Find" threads to see if there is anyone I can help there. Then I'll stop by "Show your Skyrim Counterpart" to pickup where I left off and check out other people's toons (fun fact: just click the little bubble next to a thread to go straight to the last post you read).

Only time I come here over and over, is when I'm trying to help someone with a Tech Support issue, or I'm involved in a discussion that warrants a response. But I have noticed there are some people who tend to spend almost all day here. But that's their thing if they enjoy that. I know a couple people that spend all their time talking on forums and social sites. It's just what they enjoy doing.

As for your pictures, I've done that myself at times. I think we are all guilty of that. Going back to pictures we posted to see how many likes we have. Inside, we all need that secret little boost to know that others enjoy what we do. But as well, it is kind of a popularity thing too. There is a lot of regulars in that thread that will give likes just because they know the person or because they are the popular ones. Not naming any names here, but I've seen some of the popular poster post some rather bad pictures as well. Yet they still get 30+ likes because they are popular, has nothing to do with what they actually posted.

Myself personally? I can't stand all the non-stop nude pictures. Though it seems to have cleared up a bit recently after the whole debate that happened a few days ago about that. And I'm picky on what I like to see as well. But to each their own. Not everyone is going to like everything. We all have our own tastes. So don't be disheartened if you only get a few likes compared to the popular posters that are getting 20-30 likes. As long as you like it, that is all that matters.

Not naming any names here, but I've seen some of the popular poster post some rather bad pictures as well. Yet they still get 30+ likes because they are popular, has nothing to do with what they actually posted.

YEP!!!

I like anyone who does a story... BUT some of them are SOOOOOOOO bad, but since they are popular posters they get a gazillion likes.

Funny enough, some of my weaker chapters get more likes then the chapters I think are excellent! I gave up trying to understand people a long time ago!

I'll check usually each day if the computer is on, but I am not checking each thread, and often just have teh site open in the background while playing a game or browing other stuff...

and especially I actually never use that like-button-stuff, not here, not on youtube or anywhere else...it just gets on my nerves: like it, like it not, thumbs up and down...I am obviously too old to care for that stuff...

I` m new in LL. Where is 'Show your Skyrim counterpart'?

Something somewhat interesting happened today. Something that intrigued me and help work up the courage to ask one simple question. A few hours ago, I posted my new character, Rana, under 'Show your Skyrim counterpart'. At first, it was one of those moments when I post something and return like a month later to see what kind of reaction I got for it. But some time after my posting, when I wanted to check out Nexus to if they any intriguing race mods, I got this sudden 'thing' that made me open up LL, instead. I didn't want to admit but I wanted to see what kind of reaction my Rana got. I was expecting likes to fill up my notifications tab but I brushed it away. 'No way!' I said to myself. Then my browser loaded up LL pretty quickly. My attention was on 'Notifications' tab but nothing. No likes. I went to see if there were any replies for it. And not unexpectedly, there was one reply. I took a bunch of pictures with different hairstyles, see, and I asked which hairstyle suited her best. Then I proceeded down the list looking at other posts. And I saw others getting like 18 likes for a single post. I told myself they must really get around.

I want to know because to accumulate such huge numbers of likes they either hang around a lot or they are on LL with friends. I mean, real-life friends. There's a part of me that doesn't want to be alone, but on the other hand, what do I do in order not to be alone I find myself asking. Try to be unrealistically cheery and unreasonably happy? Become an airhead? Pretend to be something I am not, only to shake off loneliness? No, I respect (and love) myself to much to do that. Every time I come here I say to myself 'I am not here to make friends'. I am not trying to act tough or anything. I say it because It's true. Any social group I have been in up to now I said to myself 'I am not here to make friends'. It's just who I am.

Where is 'Show your Skyrim counterpart'?

*eyerolls* *points in the right direction* http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15224-show-your-skyrim-counterpart/

You know that if you looked it up, you'd find it a lot faster right. And do everyone who posted favor and look through the entire thread before liking anything.

I spend a LOT of time here at LL. I use the site as a resource to link to other websites, so when LL was down for me for a day I realized how much I actually use it! I'm not here to make friends, but I do like to socialize and would like to think I have gained a little respect here and there.

As for likes... People are fickle. What can I say, hmmmm, likes are like pop music. When you compose a fine peace of art, it is often overlooked for some shallow piece of shit that uses the same gimmick over and over again! You can't take it personal, because you cant control others CRAPPY tastes!

Saying that, let me give you a few tips.

Remove the UI, it's a HUGE distraction. example.jpg

Between shots, use different expressions. Use http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/44596/?

Resolution matters, If you are just taking screenshots then frame rate doesn't matter. Pump up the resolution then turn it back down when done.

Saying that, You did a good job, I especially love the background of the shot above. Another thing is the taste of the viewer. Personally I tend to not give likes to what I consider fake boobs. Others don't give likes to small boobs... Some like thick thighs. Only things that gets likes universally tend to be generic pieces of shit! Be proud that you made a unique look that is not generic.

Your character has a very unique face, and that's good IMO! My character Iona is SOOOOO generic!!!! My Altmer is a completely custom face, I am REALLY proud of her, and you know what? People want to see Iona... The thing with unique faces is that others might not have the same reaction that you have.

Personally I love this hair for your character. Temp.jpg She has a different jaw than most, and this hair frames her face better. (for me at least)

Each person is different, but here is my general guideline to giving likes. Note I am VERY Atypical! IF you want likes you might want to do the opposite of me LOL!

Stories get likes no matter what! The amount of work they put into it, I don't care if I like it or not, they deserve it.

I don't like nude shots. After seeing 10,000 nude shots they are boring, and everyone uses nudes to get likes, horrible gimmick IMO!

Fake boobs? No likes either.Large is fine, but not if they defy gravity!

Slutty? Pass

Sexy? /like

Bikini's in the snow? Same as slutty!

TLDR

Don't worry to much about likes. If you get a TON of likes IMO then you are using gimmicks and making something generic. Next time, just don't have the UI in the shots, use a higher resolution and make the faces use different expressions! The likes will be better!

1. I noticed the UI thing later on and hid it later on.

2. I never liked nude poses because what's ******* point seeing a character in nude and more importantly posting it under that thread? Isn't that why "in the act" and personal blogs exist? Just seems vain (to me, anyway).

3. Sadly, the highest resolution I can get is 1280x800 but I used 1280x720 because it makes characters look taller. And I used Seasons of Skyrim ENB only to take those shots. My poverty machine bleeds if I were use the ENB for the playthrough.

4. I have known humans to be victim of vanity. Liking eveything they do because they're popular. Agreeing to something just because the majority agrees with it. Pfft, I hate that with the essence of my being and try to avoid becoming.

5. Cut me some slack. I newly got into this taking shot thing. I am experimenting with expressions at this point. I got a 'naughty' expression but it wouldn't meet the caliber of the kind of shots I am trying to take.

I am still pretty new on the LL forum and thruth be told, I don't have a lot of "experience" with forums. I check here a few times per day to see if there are any help requests I can help with or to see if there are any interesting discussions going on. And occassionally I check the "show your <insert variety>" threads. I do find it interesting to see what other people do with their Skyrim. It might not be to my taste, but it is still interesting to see what people come up with.

I have noticed however that there seems to be a bit of a "popularity contest" going on in some threads, which is fine if that is what you are into/ need. Or the more "seasoned" users ignoring the noobs, which to me is less fine, since noobs are interested in interaction as well. Otherwise they wouldn't post, right? For me personally, all of this is not an issue. I don't do "cliques". As said, I use the forum to see if I can help anyone with problems and occassionally respond to conversations. If you have a "need" for likes, I doubt you will get that "need" fulfilled on a forum, unless you are one of the popular bunch.

As always, just my two cents worth. Do with it as you will :)

- V.

Guest carywinton

I am here everyday, helping anyone that I can. My first stop is always the main page and always looking for someone who needs help. I have not personally looked at your character pictures, but I will when I get a chance.

I would tell you a some of the reasons a particular post does not get likes, but the majority of what I had intended to say has been previously stated. I will say that the people who make mods and become "Contributors" or similar usually get far more attention. If you create an NPC or Character preset of her for use as a Player Character, this will definitely bump you up in the ranks far quicker than a mere photo shoot.

Reviewing the character you created and posted just from the screen shots on this topic, I find her to be quite cute and would love to help you turn her into an NPC mod if you desire. I am sorry I tried to find your post in the Skyrim screen shot topic but with over 900 pages, it became an exercise in futility and frustration.

I have seen various arguments in various screenshot posting threads about people "liking" each others posts etc so it probably does go on to an extent but by the same token if peeps are friends they are probably going to like the same stuff anyway so personally unless its in a non-screenshot thread i don't think anyone really pays attention to "likes"

Could also be your question since i doubt many get excited about hair (well on the head)

As to how much time quite a lot but i'm also rebuilding my little settler island and doing other stuff i cant do when playing a "proper" game and i think the more you mod skyrim the more time you end up spending looking for more mods/trying to fix mods as well

Archived