Xarathos' Armor Workshop - Mass Effect Cosplay for UUNP Bodyslide

Finished sliders for the Lustmord garter, now working on implementing it into the ESP. I'll upload that shortly.

Also got bored and added two more color variations to the cuirass (blue and purple, hellz yeah) and made some tweaks to the texture of the red color.

post-233165-0-95507100-1449612489_thumb.jpg

I'm also taking a few minutes to make sure that the MEGA folder is updated with the latest versions of whatever is meant to be in there, so, there's that.

I feel lost. I actually played Skyrim this week.

I know. Shocking. I just watched four people gang up on a guy in Riften and murder him over a pair of fur shoes.

So I have a long list of stuff I should be working on and my motivation is basically shot again. Which has given me the chance to enjoy other people's work for UUNP (briefly, before realizing that my own is the only work I'll apparently ever be satisfied with) (BLERG) and work on a few NPCs.

Catsuits mod could use some eyes on it but honestly I think I have the most commonly used body types covered already and just need to rework the ones at the end of the list, like the manga morph. Then it'll be ready for a fresh release. Maybe even Nexus.

All of which assumes that I don't get lost in a dungeon or something. Fingers crossed...

Updated the Shiny Rubber Catsuits. Minor changes, so your choice to download the update or not, but:

• added fixed morphs for the Manga bodyshape
  • removed the erroneously included inflated leotard bit until I actually get around to revising it, if I do. This should cut down on any confusion.
    • not that anyone uses the inflated leotard anyway
    • I mean why would you even
    • I just don't know

Making some tweaks to the Lustmord Armor esp, not sure when I'll be ready to upload another update on that (presumably when I find something else to include in the update, whether an improved morph or another color option or something), but changing some...odd... keyword assignments.

Several of the items had the WeapMaterialDaedric keyword despite being armors, so I dropped that (I think that was supposed to be a crafting sorting thing, but with SkyUI 5+ that's not really necessary anymore) and added keywords from Immersive Jewelry where it seemed appropriate. A number of the pieces are made from silver, and with immersive jewelry the relevant keywords will have the appropriate effect on enchantment strength. It's a soft dependency, though, so users who don't have IJ won't notice a change and there are no additional requirements.

I've also added the Weapons and Armor Fixes keyword 'visually dark armor' to most of the main pieces which will improve compatibility with sneak overhaul mods that make use of that.

Because the Lustmord set has its own unique crafting method, its own material perk/matching set/etc via a spell acquired in a quest, I haven't added Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade filters or vanilla keywords like I usually might. Not yet anyway.

Gameplayer has generously given me permission to raid their own catsuit convert from the Deviously Cursed Loot mod for morphs, which should save me a great deal of time on the next update of the Shiny Rubber Catsuits mod. Stoked about that. Less work/duplicated effort for me, hopefully a better final mod for all of you. 

I'll be going through that as I find time today. Anything I can make use of will get ported into my framework.

Pic from today's work:

post-233165-0-77593100-1450248180_thumb.jpg

Gameplayer's morphs helped a LOT but also sort of highlighted a few lingering issues with my weight painting, which I've been trying to correct.

I'll upload the current revision in a few minutes. The only issue left I can find is that it's darn near impossible to get the transparent suit to not clip in a kneeling pose, but there aren't any vanilla animations I'm aware of that do that, soooooooooooo for the most part it's in a pretty usable state.

post-233165-0-13874000-1450248611_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-10201200-1450248612_thumb.jpg

And one can always switch to the opaque suit if that's a problem. Still looks great.

Still alive. Christmas being what it is my attention gets swept around a lot.

Not yet certain when the next update for the Lustmord set will be out, but when it comes it'll add sliders for the boots at a minimum, and NIOHighHeel support as well.

These are some wonderful conversions thanks for them :) . I'm new to the uunp bodyslide and i have some problems getting the armor to work, what should I do before installing them with MO? Thanks in advance for help

steps are basically as follows

1. download the original mod if noted in the armor description.
  2. download my bodyslide files and make sure they load after the original mod, or install them over the top in the same folder, doesn't much matter. 
  3. Either way make sure they're both installed through MO and activated. My version should always be installed last if you need the original.
  4. run Bodyslide 2 through MO. Pick the outfits you're trying to make work in the drop down, and build them - either using your preset of choice or with zeroed sliders and the morph checkbox activated if you're planning to use the advanced in game slider stuff with racemenu.
  5. Assuming you have all the requirements met for HDT physics etc etc, that should be all you need. Run game, make sure everything works, have fun.

As planned, the Lustmord set has been updated.

I made more adjustments to the keywords for better integration with the vanilla armor system, immersive jewelry, and things like Weapons and Armor Attributes (hopefully); mostly this reflects what I actually use in my own game.

I've also gotten the NiOHighHeel convert working for it, so they're actual heels with some lift now instead of faux heels.

As planned, the Lustmord set has been updated.

I made more adjustments to the keywords for better integration with the vanilla armor system, immersive jewelry, and things like Weapons and Armor Attributes (hopefully); mostly this reflects what I actually use in my own game.

I've also gotten the NiOHighHeel convert working for it, so they're actual heels with some lift now instead of faux heels.

Ah very nice  :heart:  Great idea with the color variants and the addition of NiO.

(i always wondered why nobody bothered with Lustmord apart from my own shitty conversion...)

Just a quick question

What exactly is the NioHighHeels? I know there's the HDT high heels, and that the NioHighHeels is part of the NioOverride framework stuff. But what exactly does it do and how is it better than HDT high heels?

P.S.

Love your conversions Xarathos.

NiOHighHeels works using the NiOverride framework, like you said. What it does, basically, is the same thing HDTHeels tried to do - make high heeled shoes physically add to your character's height. It works by having the modder add one extra bit of text into the mesh itself, which the NiOFramework sees and acts on instantly when the gear is equipped. And I do mean instant - the change triggers even while still in the inventory screen.

The big advantage to using it for ME is that I don't have to attach any scripts or spells or enchants or whatever else to your high heel to make it work; I add one bit of extra text into the nif itself and make sure the shape of the boot is right, the framework detects it when you equip the boot and bam, LIFT.

This has several advantages IMHO for both modders and users but not the least of them is that you reduce the plugins your mod is actually depending on - the shoes will still WORK, technically, even if the NiOverride framework isn't present. They just won't move you up when you equip them; IE the worst thing that can happen is they simply don't work. This means it's a softer dependency - unlike HDTHeels, which require an extra plugin in your load order and will generally crash your game if it's missing.

You can also easily make almost any boot in your game into a high heel by replacing ONLY the meshes - which is much more seamless for the end user. On a similar note, NiOHeels don't send off a notification whenever you put them on, there's no need for an MCM menu to configure them, there's no waiting for the script to fire and usually no need to unequip or reequip them on load.

Everyone who's using the latest Racemenu already has the requirements for the NiOHeels met, and anyone else (ECE users? I think?) has the standalone framework available - and considering the number of customization mods etc etc that make use of it I'd be surprised if almost everyone wasn't already using it by now....... 

This means in theory that NiOHeels are both easier for modders to make, and easier/nicer/snappier for users to use.

I hope that clears a few things up? And thank you. :)

Ah that's a pretty clear and precise explanation, thanks!

I saw the craze of people releasing NioHighHeels support on almost every conversion in the past 2 weeks and I was like were the hell did this come from? I was using the mods just fine since I noticed there wasn't any master esm or esp needed so I figured I'd just ignore it. But now I know :D

And looking foward to any future conversions, I basically have all your conversions merged together :D

These are some wonderful conversions thanks for them :) . I'm new to the uunp bodyslide and i have some problems getting the armor to work, what should I do before installing them with MO? Thanks in advance for help

steps are basically as follows

1. download the original mod if noted in the armor description.
  2. download my bodyslide files and make sure they load after the original mod, or install them over the top in the same folder, doesn't much matter. 
  3. Either way make sure they're both installed through MO and activated. My version should always be installed last if you need the original.
  4. run Bodyslide 2 through MO. Pick the outfits you're trying to make work in the drop down, and build them - either using your preset of choice or with zeroed sliders and the morph checkbox activated if you're planning to use the advanced in game slider stuff with racemenu.
  5. Assuming you have all the requirements met for HDT physics etc etc, that should be all you need. Run game, make sure everything works, have fun.

I did all this and i got it converted in my game thanks. I can't find the long gloves in the box but they do appear correctly by using the console or Additem. I've found also an outfit called inflatable leotard but it's invisible in game.

The mesh for the inflatable leotard might not be working correctly because I haven't made bodyslides for it in the new version yet and therefore it may be messing up the regeneration somehow if I forgot and left something that shouldn't be there. If so, my bad.

That one is... honestly not a big priority for me because I've never been a fan of how it looks, and it wasn't really the selling point of the set (hell it's not even pictured on the mod page, it's just sort of there). I'm genuinely tempted to just remove it. Idfk.

The accessories may not all be in the containers because they're still using the lists the original author made. That, I might try to correct at some point. But in the meantime, there's AddItemMenu which thankfully covers a lot of gaps.

The mesh for the inflatable leotard might not be working correctly because I haven't made bodyslides for it in the new version yet and therefore it may be messing up the regeneration somehow if I forgot and left something that shouldn't be there. If so, my bad.

That one is... honestly not a big priority for me because I've never been a fan of how it looks, and it wasn't really the selling point of the set (hell it's not even pictured on the mod page, it's just sort of there). I'm genuinely tempted to just remove it. Idfk.

The accessories may not all be in the containers because they're still using the lists the original author made. That, I might try to correct at some point. But in the meantime, there's AddItemMenu which thankfully covers a lot of gaps.

Yeah I was using Additemenu, that's how I discovered the inflatable leotard too. Anyways I have a question for you : do you think this mod here http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33902/? could give me problems if I use it in a normal save? I'm not good with CK, hell i haven't even reinstalled it yet and this mod seems easy to use just to change armor properties

​Anyways happy new year :)

I'm not sure tbh, best advice I can give is scrolling through the posts on it and reading comments. I tend to have most gear distributed via Lootification so changing the base stats of gear in game would have unintended consequences for me. But it could be worth a try.

Alternatively there's a skyproc called Armor Exploder that creates variations of an armor for each material tier; that would have the benefit of not using scripts in game, if you can figure it out. Similar goal, different method.

I haven't tried either mod personally so I can't definitively recommend either. Hope that helps anyway.

I'm not sure tbh, best advice I can give is scrolling through the posts on it and reading comments. I tend to have most gear distributed via Lootification so changing the base stats of gear in game would have unintended consequences for me. But it could be worth a try.

Alternatively there's a skyproc called Armor Exploder that creates variations of an armor for each material tier; that would have the benefit of not using scripts in game, if you can figure it out. Similar goal, different method.

I haven't tried either mod personally so I can't definitively recommend either. Hope that helps anyway.

I'll give it a try thanks for suggestions :)