Good job making that patch to include prison cells. I always wanted slave owners to use prison cells, but it was never intended to be a part of SD+'s core. So thanks a lot.

You're welcome. Since the patch is a WIP let me know if something does not work.

Downloaded the mod but haven't been caught by slavers yet.  Had a thought when reading through the description.  For areas without cages is it possible for the Master's to hogtie the slave up over night.  There is a scene in the Captured Dreams mod that when punished you are hogtied for the night.  Just a thought.

Gave the mod a run-through, and it's a nice addition to SD+, which has a really nasty case of causing my game to crash all over the place. Always has, though, so I've kind of gotten used to it -- no revision has ever played nicely with any other mods, but that's the nature of the beast. I was never too broken up over not having it, just because it's a little easy and none too immersive, I guess. The slavery doesn't feel right, the scripts never seem to fire properly, yadda yadda. That said, I think your patching and altering efforts should be applauded and might go a long way towards fixing the little tidbits that never quite settled right in the back of my mind.

Rambling aside, that's a lead-up to a mod conflict worth mentioning, as the mod is fairly popular: SD Cages seems to clash with Deviously Helpless, if you have armbinders or SD+ restraints ticked as an assault trigger. Midnight rolls around, your captor orders you into your cage, and your captor orders you into the cage, and...your captor orders you into the cage, and...

Eventually, after about ten cycles of SD Cages flipping through its own instruction manual in a panic, Deviously Helpless peeks into the office with its pants already unzipped, noticing the player character is technically (as far as SD+ is concerned, I think) wearing an armbinder. Your captor suddenly forgets you are already a slave, runs Helpless dialog, tries to take advantage of you yet again, and the game promptly goes belly-up with an error-free CTD.

You can just fix that by ticking Helpless off while SD+ and Cages is running, but I thought it was worth noting so other people don't have the same issue. Or so they do, if they really hate playing Skyrim.

but i'm also trying to be a productive member of society, which apparently includes bug reports for smut mods and what the hell am i doing with my life i could be writing books or something

Gave the mod a run-through, and it's a nice addition to SD+, which has a really nasty case of causing my game to crash all over the place. Always has, though, so I've kind of gotten used to it -- no revision has ever played nicely with any other mods, but that's the nature of the beast. I was never too broken up over not having it, just because it's a little easy and none too immersive, I guess. The slavery doesn't feel right, the scripts never seem to fire properly, yadda yadda. That said, I think your patching and altering efforts should be applauded and might go a long way towards fixing the little tidbits that never quite settled right in the back of my mind.

Rambling aside, that's a lead-up to a mod conflict worth mentioning, as the mod is fairly popular: SD Cages seems to clash with Deviously Helpless, if you have armbinders or SD+ restraints ticked as an assault trigger. Midnight rolls around, your captor orders you into your cage, and your captor orders you into the cage, and...your captor orders you into the cage, and...

Eventually, after about ten cycles of SD Cages flipping through its own instruction manual in a panic, Deviously Helpless peeks into the office with its pants already unzipped, noticing the player character is technically (as far as SD+ is concerned, I think) wearing an armbinder. Your captor suddenly forgets you are already a slave, runs Helpless dialog, tries to take advantage of you yet again, and the game promptly goes belly-up with an error-free CTD.

You can just fix that by ticking Helpless off while SD+ and Cages is running, but I thought it was worth noting so other people don't have the same issue. Or so they do, if they really hate playing Skyrim.

but i'm also trying to be a productive member of society, which apparently includes bug reports for smut mods and what the hell am i doing with my life i could be writing books or something

Thanks, looking into that, though I do not use Deviously Helpless anymore (used to just spawn bandits next to you when conditions were met, ... middle of nowhere running around all bound up dodging sabercats, when out of nowhere you get "lookey here boys .... "   )

Maybe a rogue script... I hate those.

About your Skyrim CTD, mine used to do that until I did the SKSE memory patch. Put the following in SKSE.ini

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

and start SKSE.exe as an administrator.

Deviously Helpless is incredibly unfriendly to any SD+ triggers, not just the cages here, even the whipping scenes get interrupted by Deviously Helpless leaving SD+ stuck. If I remember correctly Deviously Helpless did implement a feature to let mods send a signals to Deviously Helpless to just shut itself down temporarily.

So yeah, while Deviously Helpless is a neat concept it just conflicts too easily with anything that puts a DD device on you.

Thanks, looking into that, though I do not use Deviously Helpless anymore (used to just spawn bandits next to you when conditions were met, ... middle of nowhere running around all bound up dodging sabercats, when out of nowhere you get "lookey here boys .... "   )

About your Skyrim CTD, mine used to do that until I did the SKSE memory patch. Put the following in SKSE.ini

[Memory]
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[General]

After some tests I have to agree with ttpt, :(

[Memory]
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[General]

Oh, thanks! I didn't realize I actually had a problem there. I'd just sort of resigned myself to the occasional weird crash with SD+ and I didn't put any further thought into it.

i'm a genius

It probably doesn't help when Deviously Helpless has a ridiculously wide area of effect. Bandits will sprint through half a gargantuan dungeon just to join a running train, which leads to further problems. That said, I don't think I've ever seen the game spawn any bandits for me, they just spot you from a crazy distance and telepathically inform their compatriots that it's defiling time.

Or maybe I'm just not lucky enough for bandits to break the rules of time and space on my behalf.

Deviously Helpless is incredibly unfriendly to any SD+ triggers, not just the cages here, even the whipping scenes get interrupted by Deviously Helpless leaving SD+ stuck. If I remember correctly Deviously Helpless did implement a feature to let mods send a signals to Deviously Helpless to just shut itself down temporarily.

So yeah, while Deviously Helpless is a neat concept it just conflicts too easily with anything that puts a DD device on you.

It's definitely one of those mods you have to babysit. Works great with mods that aren't quite as feature-heavy, but any scripted events do have a tendency to be ruined.

Yes Deviously Helpless doesn't play nice with SD+... if I'm paying attention, I will always turn off attacks in DH once I get enslaved... But of course I very often forget.

I probably should just remove DH when running SD+, but I love the way it triggers fumbles when I'm wearing cuffs, which then causes bandits to take advantage. ^_^

Edit:

Uhh, I totally didn't know about those SKSE.ini changes either. In fact, when I checked, I couldn't find a SKSE.ini file anywhere, and had to look up where it should go. I feel like a dunce. So I went ahead and created one (it goes in the main Skyrim folder, right? I read that but it always feels weird to put stuff there) and added the memory stuff to it. Maybe that'll make my game less crashy as well!

Edit again:

D'oh I'm an idiot. I have to put it in the SKSE folder, which is under data... or in my case, in the Overwrite folder of Mod Organizer. Some mods I have installed created the SKSE and Plugins folders, but none of them did a SKSE.ini for some reason. Well, now I have one!

Yes Deviously Helpless doesn't play nice with SD+... if I'm paying attention, I will always turn off attacks in DH once I get enslaved... But of course I very often forget.

I probably should just remove DH when running SD+, but I love the way it triggers fumbles when I'm wearing cuffs, which then causes bandits to take advantage. ^_^

Edit:

Uhh, I totally didn't know about those SKSE.ini changes either. In fact, when I checked, I couldn't find a SKSE.ini file anywhere, and had to look up where it should go. I feel like a dunce. So I went ahead and created one (it goes in the main Skyrim folder, right? I read that but it always feels weird to put stuff there) and added the memory stuff to it. Maybe that'll make my game less crashy as well!

Edit again:

D'oh I'm an idiot. I have to put it in the SKSE folder, which is under data... or in my case, in the Overwrite folder of Mod Organizer. Some mods I have installed created the SKSE and Plugins folders, but none of them did a SKSE.ini for some reason. Well, now I have one!

You got it, it goes in

...\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\SKSE.ini

Did you get any improvement in the game? Remember to run SKSE.exe as an administrator, for me it does not do anything when I don't.

A small request: Skyrim doesn't like steps, with NPC's or after it has taken control of the player. Could you bury the feet of the cages so the floor of the cage is the same level as the ground?

edit: also, requesting a cage at Nilheim. I usually end up by myself at a low level heading to Ivarstead and falling for Telrav's trap. ;)

Edit:

Edit again:

You got it, it goes in

Did you get any improvement in the game? Remember to run SKSE.exe as an administrator, for me it does not do anything when I don't.

I'd like to think I got some benefit out of it, as my games in general have seemed less crashy lately, but certainly not crash free. I think the biggest improvement may have been crashing on load, which hasn't been as bad lately and maybe I could attribute it to this.

I'm not sure how to run SKSE as an administrator since I run it through Mod Organizer... I guess I could run MO as an administrator? I have set myself as an administrator on my PC of course, but that isn't always the same thing.

Edit:

Edit again:

You got it, it goes in

I'd like to think I got some benefit out of it, as my games in general have seemed less crashy lately, but certainly not crash free. I think the biggest improvement may have been crashing on load, which hasn't been as bad lately and maybe I could attribute it to this.

I'm not sure how to run SKSE as an administrator since I run it through Mod Organizer... I guess I could run MO as an administrator? I have set myself as an administrator on my PC of course, but that isn't always the same thing.

You can go to \Skyrim\skse_loader.exe right click, Properties, check box for "Run program as administrator" and voila. The one downside of this though, depending on your UAC settings you will get the popup "Do you want to allow ... bla... bla", now when you start it from anywhere it will start as an administrator, btw it did nothing for me until I did this.

A small request: Skyrim doesn't like steps, with NPC's or after it has taken control of the player. Could you bury the feet of the cages so the floor of the cage is the same level as the ground?

edit: also, requesting a cage at Nilheim. I usually end up by myself at a low level heading to Ivarstead and falling for Telrav's trap. ;)

I know... Telrav looks so pathetic you just have to help him. As far as burring the feet, I looked into that... in most cases I have to burry the cage so deep that the ground will cover the bottom of it, and that just looks silly. I was looking into a ramp of some kind, like a rusty imperial something to match the cage.  

Edit:

Yes, I will add a cage at Nilheim, or is a jail better?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know... Telrav looks so pathetic you just have to help him. As far as burring the feet, I looked into that... in most cases I have to burry the cage so deep that the ground will cover the bottom of it, and that just looks silly. I was looking into a ramp of some kind, like a rusty imperial something to match the cage.  

Edit:

Yes, I will add a cage at Nilheim, or is a jail better?

Apparently I forgot to hit the "follow" button, so I didn't see your response. Sorry! I'm not sure where you would put a jail; a cage seems more feasible.

edit: although now I see you made a jail, so never mind. ;) Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

@ Inte

Hi there!

Skyrimll thinks that this mod should still work with the latest SD+.  Before I go fiddling around updating etc, do you think that's so too, or have you any plans to update this for

1 - Certainty of compatibility?

2 - Any other immediately forthcoming updates?

TIA.. :)

@ Inte

Hi there!

Skyrimll thinks that this mod should still work with the latest SD+.  Before I go fiddling around updating etc, do you think that's so too, or have you any plans to update this for

Yes, this will work with SD+ 3.0 ... well kind of.

1. Don't use the SD patch - included here, that's for SD+ 2.044 only.

2. Unfortunately, Skyrimll did not keep my code from SD patches in SD+ 3.0, so Master will only use some of the cages, and will NOT use any jails or the like.

Edit: Removed the patch from download section, too confusing. What's left is compatible with SD+ 3.0 

@ Inte

Hi there!

2. Unfortunately, Skyrimll did not keep my code from SD patches in SD+ 3.0, so Master will only use some of the cages, and will NOT use any jails or the like.

Edit: Removed the patch from download section, too confusing. What's left is compatible with SD+ 3.0 

Thanks for that.  Nice and clear!

You likely to make a sort of 'Patches 2' to add back the full cage/jail functionality?  Makes for a bit more realism... :-)

@ Inte

Hi there!

Thanks for that.  Nice and clear!

You likely to make a sort of 'Patches 2' to add back the full cage/jail functionality?  Makes for a bit more realism... :-)

Yes, been busy but I got some Skyrim time coming. I will check with skyrimll how to best approach that, since he is still updating SD+ 3.0.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having a problem where, when I am a slave at Valtheim Towers (I haven't tried anywhere else yet, it just keeps spawning me there with alternate start) The cage bugs the hell out. Its really weird and just keeps glitching. Once I fell through the world, then it just glitches me into the bars and won't let me activate anything like the bedroll or chair or even the master. WTF? lol help??