How was your day today?

Lobzpooatu

Sucky day for me today got a new cpu for christmas wasn't a huge jump from what I had prior but did boost fps in skyrim a little. I had been using a stock cooler for awhile so I decided to buy a new one off newegg got it today. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the design when I bought it but it required me to disassemble my mb to install not a huge deal just took time. When I hooked my pc back up it wouldn't boot so started troubleshooting when i got down to the cpu I noticed i bent a pin somehow so tryed to fix it. The pin broke off so now i'm back to my old cpu... I have no job or much of a income so me replacing the cpu is a no go for now i'm using a amd athlon 7750 black edition 2.7 gh dual core the upgrade is a amd phenom 2 2.8 ghz quad core. Atleast im a bit of a hoarder and tend to hang on to all old pc parts I still have my last 2 mobo's with a cpu/ram for em lol.

Newegg does have a good return policy.  Same thing happened with my current FX-8350 (pins were broken on delivery) so I sent it back.  Week later I get a brand new FX-8350 with an apology =D.  People who run large business' could learn a thing or two from Newegg's customer service.

I've had nothing but good experience from em before myself in returning the cooler i swapped back to a stock cooler and i'm happier about the temps right now prior with the new cpu/stock cooler i was hitting 165 f load with my old cpu and a different stock cooler i'm at 106 f under load. The cpu I got wasn't new or from newegg its a older am2+ socket so that cant go back. I know my brother though he works for bose and in his own words he makes more money than he needs he will show up with another cpu prob a am3 socket he now knows my mobo can support some of those and where to find the list since I hadn't updated my bios in 4 yrs and the cpu he bought me wasn't supported by my bios I had to hop on another pc and grab the updated bios. The ambient temp btw in my room right now is 40-50 f ish old house no heat ducts in this room fine for me I love the cold. I know it was me who bent them i just dont know how i managed to.

I managed to keep my voice for an entire hour today \o/

and then fell asleep at 4 in the afternoon to wake up just before new years (without a voice again :/ ).

Getting the flu this time of year really really sucks.

I agree that sucks ass and im a bit of a recluse but if you're not and do go out to parties ect its gotta be worse.

Today for me was much better got to play and progress quite far for one of my girls in skyrim thats until about a hour ago I had a bsod then crashed in skyrim 3x in a row trying to load the toon back up just crashed again a sec ago heading off to my next obj.

It's just starting but it's going to be a sad as fuck day. Organizing and having a meeting at my college to talk about the terrorist attack on Charlie Hebdo. French drawers who got massacred yesterday for some drawings making fun of rampant extremism, nothing less, nothing more. Some of the most talented and witty artists in my country that I've followed for years, all killed together in a matter of seconds by a bunch of brainwashed motherfuckers with shit for brains. 

Making giant panels of the reason they were killed ; a caricature of the prophet Mahomet and a Jewish rabbi named the "Untouchables" since any attempt to make fun of them in the media is a death threat magnet. I'll make a dozen of those and we're going to wear them all day, plaster them all over the fucking town and post it all over the fucking internet. 

IW0j7.jpg

~snip

It happened yesterday and I still cannot believe it. Couldn't concentrate at work (my colleagues as well), was just like a zombie all day long, didn't really sleep that night. I've grown up with these guys works, their sense of freedom, satyr, rebelliousness. People like this and like Balavoine have been a big influence for me. They were threatened and under protection since several years but never gave up. They;ve been killed for their ideas. In France. In the XXIst century.

I've met Wolinski several years ago, discussed a bit with him and left with a drawing signed (a naked chick - of course :)), I'm gonna miss that old pervert. And all of them. I am beyond sad. I have no word.

Got woke up @ 9 am ( don't get up till noon-1 usually) but was for a good thing as I stated before in my post about me messing my cpu up my bro did show up today with a brand new one. And to make things better for me saw the news report they caught/killed all those bastards even though im dead tired im happy.

Today is not shaping up to be a good day, had an absolutely horrific night terror last night and woke up this morning balling my eye's out. I spilled blazing hot coffee all over myself a few hours ago, and some other nonsensical, and rather embarrassing bs happened that I won't get into.

However it could be worse...

Yesterday I got stood up for my b-day dinner, because no one remembered QQ.

With all the shit that's happened over the course of the last week or so and the outright anger it's brought out in me, today I found something I remembered coming with Windows 95 and probably the only thing good that has ever come with any version of Windows. It put a smile on my face cause I loved it then and love it now.

A Music Video By Edie Brickell with a vocal appearance by Berry White. It's called "Good Times" and I think it is what is needed more now then ever. Have a listen and enjoy.

^^

Very relaxing lil song, thanks.

I find it miraculous that you have been able to label this song with love instead of vein-bursting-rage and hatred given it's close relationship with demon spawn 95.

Sorry to hear you had a tough week. Just remember...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to ... suffering"

Better to stop at step two there... Otherwise you might end up triple amputated by Ewan McGregor.

Today is not shaping up to be a good day, had an absolutely horrific night terror last night and woke up this morning balling my eye's out. I spilled blazing hot coffee all over myself a few hours ago, and some other nonsensical, and rather embarrassing bs happened that I won't get into.

However it could be worse...

Yesterday I got stood up for my b-day dinner, because no one remembered QQ.

Happy (late) birthday!

And I guess you can take comfort in the fact that things can only get better from here on.

Tearing my hair out trying to get this one bigass contract with well over half a year worth of work that's been up for grabs since autumn. Good thing about construction is there's always work to be had, but godamn do you have to fight to sign up...I miss car work.

11:30 Doing some stuff for my neverwinter server early in the morning

13:00 On my server, attending some questions and concerns of the users

13:30 Cleaning da house

14:30 Cooking for me and my bro

15:30 Continues the cleaning da house quest

16:30 My parents return to home

17:00 Hurry up yo bitch, stop playing Team Fortres 2! gotta go to a meetin'!

19:20 bla bla bla bla okay bitches all is over, time to head back to home

20:00 Slacking like a boss

21:57 Writing this on LL 

Not a bad day, nuthin' remarkable

Same old, same old.

Woke up late ("Yay!" to sick leave) and felt like I am missing someone dear.

Installed several Mods with MO to try them out, found something that inspired me for some new books for my mod.

Tried out several more mods.

Had to drop my sicknote at work, brought my co-workers some food from outside.

Some chatting, returned home, browsed LL

Took a nap.

Browsing here again.

So, there have been worse days :lol:

Archived