question..

DJFrosted

Guest endgameaddiction

No it's not. It's not something practiced here for the most part, but it's not a harm. Usually that stuff is placed in the forums and not uploaded on the actual download. Perhaps they can give you a more brief on that.

People tend to do conversions of armors with or without permission usually because of requests or for personal use and sharing with the community.

If you are concerned about being banned for doing so, then no, but again I'm not entirely sure what all the circumstances are regarding that. If it's not included to the TOS then you are okay.

Armor/weapons conversions that involve a bit of modeling work are on the tolerate list.  Direct porting sound files and such are a no no on any site that wants to continue to exist.

While we don't knee jerk ban here, we do try to behave ethically..........mostly.   ;)

You can do it privately with your own games (I reckon, as it would only be moving one file to another location if you own both games), but the mods that posted 're saying not to post the stuff around for others to do it. I think its because its akin to illegal file sharing, despite it only being parts of the game (slippery slope and whatnot)

Guest endgameaddiction

LL would have a lawsuit on their hands if that kind of stuff was permitted here.

I think that's fine he wants to swap sound files, but I would look for custom sounds that are free of use and if something sounds a bit off, could always grab audacity and tweak the sound a bit.

Choose a mod that combines FO3 and FNV.

Then select the files that you want and create a mod for this .. for example a TTW mod. Then you can use the sound and textures etc because the person that is using this mod would not only have to have both games but set up TTW for your mod to work. That is if you wanted to release it. TTW and mods like this require you to have both games installed and functional ( not pirated) It contains none of the files from either game. It imports these files that you already own and have installed and sets it up so that you can use both. That is about the only way I have seen that the companies don't come crashing through the door and smashing web sites into oblivion.

Then select the files that you want and create a mod for this .. for example a TTW mod. Then you can use the sound and textures etc because the person that is using this mod would not only have to have both games but set up TTW for your mod to work. That is if you wanted to release it. TTW and mods like this require you to have both games installed and functional ( not pirated) It contains none of the files from either game. It imports these files that you already own and have installed and sets it up so that you can use both. That is about the only way I have seen that the companies don't come crashing through the door and smashing web sites into oblivion.

so if you own both games its not illegal? i own both but ya i see what your saying when you port shit from fo3 to nv and someone only owns nv its stealing.. ok no worries yeah maybe i'll do that but TTW is buggy

Not only is it buggy, it's implementation is awful. The installer is a nice touch and a massive step up from the old nexus version, but the way it's installed and how Fallout 3 is added to the load order seems like a horse that's been hit by a car and it's internals shoved back inside and sown up, hoping for the best. For anyone who likes to see how mods work, and install them manually, it's cringing to see it.

Guest endgameaddiction

Well it is a huge conversion of repacking and merging, but I agree it's still really buggy. My last few installations caused a few missing FO3 DLCs. Older versions worked fine on the installment, but I could never take the train to NV. Always CTD. The only way I could actually get it to work was loading a save from the mojave and travel to the D.C. but even that caused issues.

so if you own both games its not illegal? i own both but ya i see what your saying when you port shit from fo3 to nv and someone only owns nv its stealing.. ok no worries yeah maybe i'll do that but TTW is buggy

You can try the F3FNV mod conversion. I hear good things about it. You can only find it on this site

http://www.thevaultprojects.comxa.com/

If you cannot connect and are blocked or have issues. ( I do) connect via proxy. You have to join and such. X number of post and such but they have some unique mods. The above being one of them. There are many there that use TTW and traded for F3FNV and say it is much better. I can't give you a direct link because I am going through a proxy myself .. However after entering it you will see a forum for that and just go down ot  F3FNV ( Fallout 3 IMport to FAllout New Vegas. Towards the bottom there are external links where you can get the mod.

Well it is a huge conversion of repacking and merging, but I agree it's still really buggy. My last few installations caused a few missing FO3 DLCs. Older versions worked fine on the installment, but I could never take the train to NV. Always CTD. The only way I could actually get it to work was loading a save from the mojave and travel to the D.C. but even that caused issues.

I just downloaded and installed the latest version and played for a few hours, the installer worked fine for this version. I ran into the same problems you mention with the earlier ones. So far i have not ran into any problems with the latest release. The old versions yes they were buggy, this latest version seems to be really worth it. The only issue so far is the startup menu. if you have it active when you travel to the Mojave you will get a white or black screen after the NV intro. However if you just uncheck it before taking the train there is no problem at all. So just as long as you only activate when you start a new game you should be fine.

I heard of F3FNV years ago, when RFCW was still around, but never could find it - thanks for the link. I use my own setup at the moment, it works very well, but I always have to stop playing to fix something I broke or needs to be updated to continue, or modify a mod to work with the setup. It would be nice to play for hours without having to stop and fix this or that, or modify mods. I'll take this out for a whirl and see what happens. After Dark Souls that is.

It is not, my mistake. The one I'm thinking of used a bunch of plugins and a program to batch the Fallout 3 esm to work in New Vegas. After downloading this one and ripping it apart to see it's inner workings, it is clearly not the one I was thinking of. It looks more like RFCW instead of TTW, it doesn't have the fluff of TTW, but works in the same manner as RFCW. Though my OCD kicks in when I look at it more. The Fallout3.esm is uncompressed making it bigger than it needs to be, and as with everything else, it extracts everything into the data folder, making a mess of things.

Damn OCD.

Check down the page on that forum. There is a section "Creating BSA fles for F3FNW".

browse.php?u=yMjsldGyOyTQOIDUL43ulvkPs2tby The Vault Projects » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:47 pm

Creating .BSA Files For F3FNV:
So, the one flaw with ALL Fallout 3 imports is the organization of files. You will always have the new Fallout 3 meshes, sounds, textures, etc. folders loose in your Fallout New Vegas Data directory. This can be quite annoying if you are a modder or if you just like keeping your Data directory as clean as possible for better performance. Luckily, there is a solution for this problem. It takes a little bit of time, but it works and that's what matters.

You instead copy those files over to the F3FNV data directory etc. Then extract them and re-compress them. In the end you will have nice compressed FO3 files for use with the ESM. That should take care of that problem of loose files etc. Anyway this is getting off track from the OP's post. If you still have questions you can message me on that site. Same name. If I can't answer the question I can forward it to someone who can or you can post that question on the site.

Archived