any chance you can alter the mcm options to pick the trap types while doing the jarls quest the bandit traps went off but because of sexlab settings it just knocked the player down giving the message something about settings not active or something in mcm it would be nice if people could pick what traps are like devices or bandits or both

You should consider expanding these scenes into Death Alternative black out scenarios in addition to traps. The short humiliation scene with minor consequence is something that's missing from the spectrum of LL mods.

I have a very doofy question: does the newer version of Devious Traps touch any spawn lists? I run Feminized Level Lists and can't quite tell if the sudden influx of male bandits in every cavern I've touched is coincidental or otherwise. With how Devious Traps yanks them to you when you trigger a bandit trap, it doesn't really let me avoid scenes with genders I'd rather not have scenes with.

But I doubt it's DT, so I should probably just fly through dungeons in noclip and nuke all the male bandits before I trigger a bandit trap. A future option to toggle which genders (or maybe which bandit IDs - they're sorted by gender for the most part, aren't they?) react to a bandit-summon trap would be fantastic, though, if at all possible.

Even if not, the mod is rad and you should feel rad for developing it, as long as you keep at it. I may revoke the rad if you don't.

So, y'know.

I hope that entices you to continue.

I have a very doofy question: does the newer version of Devious Traps touch any spawn lists? I run Feminized Level Lists and can't quite tell if the sudden influx of male bandits in every cavern I've touched is coincidental or otherwise. With how Devious Traps yanks them to you when you trigger a bandit trap, it doesn't really let me avoid scenes with genders I'd rather not have scenes with.

But I doubt it's DT, so I should probably just fly through dungeons in noclip and nuke all the male bandits before I trigger a bandit trap. A future option to toggle which genders (or maybe which bandit IDs - they're sorted by gender for the most part, aren't they?) react to a bandit-summon trap would be fantastic, though, if at all possible.

Even if not, the mod is rad and you should feel rad for developing it, as long as you keep at it. I may revoke the rad if you don't.

So, y'know.

I hope that entices you to continue.

Nope, DT doesn't make any kind of changes to any kind of NPC and it doesn't care even a bit about which sex bandit is.

Only thing i had in mind about NPC sexes is to allow male players to be raped by female NPCs but there are some complications in this field - like lack of femdom animations for starters.

Other is mentioned randomness - some dungeons have a lot of females, some have none.

You should consider expanding these scenes into Death Alternative black out scenarios in addition to traps. The short humiliation scene with minor consequence is something that's missing from the spectrum of LL mods.

Humiliation is planned tho i highly doubt that it would require DA. Some ppl just dont like that mod and i wont be forcing them to change their opinion.

Not sure how exactly would that go as i wont create my own framework for it. Dont have time for something like that. And most likely skills too... 

i like the idea of this mod but i feel like you over did the traps in bleakfall ever few step i ran into a trap i could understand at key area but it like you placed them to close to each other and maybe somemore devices then just the leg arm bra and chasity belt

Was saying that already - BFB was the first one i did and I was quite "click happy" while doing it. On the other hand there's plenty of good spots there - and that's not so common.

Decided to leave it be mainly to see some feedback whether ppl would prefer dungeons with loads of traps or ones with just a few.

Yet another reason is my laziness - when i need to test some script changes i usually do it in BFB - as it is more comfortable to have so many traps to trigger without having to fight too much. Guess I played that dungeon like 20 times in last month... 

Atm BFB is the only one which is loaded so much. And i guess this wont change.

oh also - devices like boots and blindfolds would be used later on. Point is at this stage of this mod i don't want to handicap player ability to play the game as he/she wants. Untill you would get armbinder as last item on medium difficulty you would be able to continue fighting your enemies.

Blindfold means its pretty much no moar fighting for you untill you get rid of it as equipping player with non locked blindfold is quite pointless (most likely blindfold would be introduced on hard). Boots would replace your normal boots and they will slow you down. Etc. Also boots would move DDx back into hard dependency list.

Atm plan is that all devices used on hard+ difficulty would be custom and impossible to unequip all by yourself. You will need to get help. And pay for it.

I will use them. Just not yet. First i need a system that would allow you to unequip them in some reasonable way (not too easy, not too hard).

I agree that BFB is a bit overloaded - I went back there with Lydia to open some chests I left there and in the end, my PC was full and Lydia had a few things on her as well. And after the PC is full, the traps just become a nuisance. If you want to keep BFB for test purposes, why not remove some of the traps near the end? You still can run into the traps early on, but won't spam people near the end when there's nothing more to add anyway.

Have you found out why the bandits in Embershard mine gave problems?

I was wondering as a sort of separate mini mod (or MCM option) if random traps could be set in all dungeons to just break sneak and alert bandits/draugr etc (including if someone has Lightfoot perk). This would create some "interesting" situations for DH users. I've no idea how feasible this would be to do.

I agree that BFB is a bit overloaded - I went back there with Lydia to open some chests I left there and in the end, my PC was full and Lydia had a few things on her as well. And after the PC is full, the traps just become a nuisance. If you want to keep BFB for test purposes, why not remove some of the traps near the end? You still can run into the traps early on, but won't spam people near the end when there's nothing more to add anyway.

Have you found out why the bandits in Embershard mine gave problems?

That's why i made that debug version. I have no idea why you had that problem. Tried those traps on all sort of characters and never seen them working any different than i had intended. I wouldn't post it otherwise.

So please - if you are able to recreate that situation tick "enable debug" in MCM and send me your papyrus log.

Because there is literally no difference between how those traps work. If one of them works all of them should work as well.

As for BFB guess I do can remove some of those that are too easy to spot and leave only "my favorites"  ;)

I was wondering as a sort of separate mini mod (or MCM option) if random traps could be set in all dungeons to just break sneak and alert bandits/draugr etc (including if someone has Lightfoot perk). This would create some "interesting" situations for DH users. I've no idea how feasible this would be to do.

That's actually quite easy to do. I actually had to implement some changes to avoid conflict with DH (all bandits used in the scenes have their bandit faction removed for the duration of the scene - without that DH was kicking in without asking for permission).

That was actually my backup plan if my first solution to this conflict would fail

some time ago to one of my testers

aqqh, on 04 Oct 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

If not i could always make a check for helpless and if true just spawn all bandits from a dungeon at player and let helpless do its job   :D

:D

if you got hit, stunned/knocked over but nothing else happened then for some reason something is wrong (which is unlikely as that part is handled by scripts from skyrim itself) or for some reason your character does not met the requirements to become victim of such trap.

Toggle debug option in MCM and send me your log if you can. Should be shown there if my own scripts at least try to do something when you trigger them.

1.4b works on new save, not on old save.

On old save, walking into a trap sets it off, but the character is not sent flying and nothing is equiped

Checked debug option in MGM and only got two lines in the log with aqdt in them:

[aqdt_mcmscr <AQDT_MCM (7900950A)>]: Registered Devious Traps at MCM.

[aqdt_mcmscr <AQDT_MCM (7900950A)>] ERROR: Option type mismatch. Expected text option, page "Settings", index 1

The first is there because I went and cleaned the save first, so DT had to init itself again

Edit: It works on follower.

Log consists of: open menu, depress debug, press debug, summon lydia, send lydia running into trap, run player into second trap

Player doesn't seem to get recognized by the scripts?

Line 750: [10/21/2014 - 11:30:13PM] [aqdt_mcmscr <AQDT_MCM (7900950A)>] ERROR: Option type mismatch. Expected text option, page "Settings", index 1
    Line 750: [10/21/2014 - 11:30:13PM] [aqdt_mcmscr <AQDT_MCM (7900950A)>] ERROR: Option type mismatch. Expected text option, page "Settings", index 1
    Line 751: [10/21/2014 - 11:30:14PM] [aqdt_mcmscr <AQDT_MCM (7900950A)>] ERROR: Option type mismatch. Expected text option, page "Settings", index 1
    Line 751: [10/21/2014 - 11:30:14PM] [aqdt_mcmscr <AQDT_MCM (7900950A)>] ERROR: Option type mismatch. Expected text option, page "Settings", index 1
    Line 5101: [10/21/2014 - 11:32:08PM] AQDT DT FollHit faction was applied to [Actor < (000A2C94)>]
    Line 5111: [10/21/2014 - 11:32:08PM] AQDT DT started stage -> 10
    Line 5257: [10/21/2014 - 11:32:10PM] AQDT DT difficulty set to 1
    Line 5267: [10/21/2014 - 11:32:10PM] AQDT DT St10 -> 30
    Line 5289: [10/21/2014 - 11:32:10PM] AQDT DT devices chosen - item1[Armor < (1300F062)>], item2None, item3 None
    Line 5290: [10/21/2014 - 11:32:10PM] AQDT DT St30 -> 40
    Line 5291: [10/21/2014 - 11:32:10PM] AQDT DT St40 quest reset

hard to say why it doesn't work on old saves - maybe some old version of script is applied to your savegame.

If you don't mind me getting a lil bit technical i had to apply a lot of ObjectReference properties to various of my scripts - because of that enabling system which was a must because of bug with duplicated traps.

Downside of this is if script has such properties game applies it to your savegame.

This can cause issues during mod updates as game sticks to those old scripts from your savegame instead of replacing them with new ones.

[aqdt_mcmscr <AQDT_MCM (7900950A)>] ERROR: Option type mismatch. Expected text option, page "Settings", index 1

has to be some typo.. will look into it

Player doesn't seem to get recognized by the scripts?

This line 

AQDT DT FollHit faction was applied to [Actor < (000A2C94)>]

would be different if trap is triggered by the player. All followers are handled by factions but players are handled by something else - as i had some issues with applying factions to player for reason unknown.

It should still work on PC either way.

hard to say why it doesn't work on old saves - maybe some old version of script is applied to your savegame.

If you don't mind me getting a lil bit technical i had to apply a lot of ObjectReference properties to various of my scripts - because of that enabling system which was a must because of bug with duplicated traps.

Downside of this is if script has such properties game applies it to your savegame.

This can cause issues during mod updates as game sticks to those old scripts from your savegame instead of replacing them with new ones.

Thing is this is from a save that I tried to clean already. (although I could have done it wrong)

I took an old save, uninstalled DT, made a second save then applied save cleaners to that save while DT was uninstalled.

Used http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31724/?with the .txt file produced from the same file and it did nothing for this mod.

Then found this program (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/? ) that allows you to delete scripts from your save file, and used it to clear away a bug or two from other mods in the save that has been troubling me for a while, so I think I'm using it right

I cleaned away all scripts with AQDT and modforms for your mod and used that cleaned save to test and produce the results of my last post. I even started cleaning away other mods I thought might get in the way, scripts for death prevention mods and such. I thought, if I could delete the scripts on a save without the mod loaded, and make a new save after that, It would be a close to clean as possible for the mod when I reinstalled, still no dice.

I would delete all of the old scripts, just to see if it changed anything, if the program didn't force you to delete them one at a time, and this save has too many.

Edit: Idea, I checked and DT doesn't work on this character, none of the saves made with this character all the way back to the alt start auto save don't trigger the trap, but the early saves have fewer scripts I bet, might try deleting all scripts and modforms from the early character and see if that changes anything.

This log is from a test where I took a really old save, cleaned, of the character when she was still level 3 and ran her through bleak falls until the first trap.

But, uh, this log makes it look like deleting scripts and fixing the forms is just making papyrus more confused, 90% convinced I'm making it worse.

find "aqdt" returned 0 results, good sign.

I should note, this is from a cleaned save that had NO aqdt scripts in it before I started, meaning it was before DT was even released.

Edit: the traps are there, and the explode, but no flying and no items, character reacts like she was hit by a 1 damage explosion.

Starting to think this is the fault of some other mod, like defeat or SD maybe.

with more cleaning:

player -> lydia -> player again.

Is there an easy way to print to the log from in game, so I could mark where my character is triggering the traps? I don't think it's showing up in the log at all

Edit: oh, right, you have a diagnostics thing in your mod, one second

Edit: another log, using your diagnostics tool, and I had debug turned off ( sorry! ), forgot the mod settings reset when I clean

Edit: Don't worry too much about this, since it works on new characters anyway I've already moved on, just trying to give you something to work with

Lets try something else - could you send me a save of that character? Could be that lv 3 - no difference.

Just want to be sure that this is not a serious issue that looks unimportant for now but would become severe later - that mess with duplicated traps was exactly like that...

Archive includes: bear2.ess-backup.ess is the old, bear2.ess is cleaned, testing1 is from that save, moved to bleakfalls with first guards cleared away, cleaned again.

I'm sure there's some ancient mod script that is causing this issue, and not your mod, since this is affecting this whole character, as if something was introduced by mods at the start, even to saves that don't have scripts from your mod because they're older than your mod.

Let me know if the saves are corrupted, I'm suspicious that 7z can really compress 19 mb down to 3.4

saves.7z

For reason that is absolutely beyond my ability to understand that character seems to immune to paralysis effects... How come is anyone's guess -

<- this girl here is my breton and there's no such thing.

Traps started to work when i changed magic effect from paralysis to something else (stagger).

Point is paralysis used by this trap is not my creation. It's vanilla. My scripts start to work when that paralysis is applied. That's a trigger.

On this character paralysis just does not apply so my scripts don't even begin to work.

But i think i know how to go around it either way. So the days of safety for your "bear" are numbered!  :lol:

Wait...Dwemer traps in a future version?

I am intrigued and terrified.  Especially since I read a book upstairs in Master's manor...

You should  ;)

It wont be just simple whipping you would get there - that one for sure  :D

Tho i guess i would have to learn plenty of new tricks before that would happen so don't expect to hear ETA anytime soon... Especially that end of the year is the time when i'm most busy with less virtual work.

There are some issues to figure out still. Like a "conflict" with CD. Basically goal of Vel in his mod is to make player wear devices for a long time (maybe even permanent in some future release). While someone is wearing those - other mods cant rly do much to such players. Guess i would have to find some way.