i got myself involved in number of other things - i'm contributing to 3 different mods written by other ppl. writing 2 more myself.

and in the meantime DCL grew so much than i'm not really sure if there is a need for another mod like that.

no idea when i would have the time time to update this. if ever tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

Just going to randomly poke and say two things. First, DCL is a very different flavor than this one. DCL is an inevitability that the player can't do much about, a percentage, nothing more, whereas the Devious Traps are a functional part of gameplay, something that involves skill to avoid or fall into. I really like DT more. It's an obstacle course rather than a slot machine.

OK.. another reason is that i always wanted to make a player dom mod and this theme doesnt rly fit for that  ;)

It opens a lot of possibilities for forced or maybe even willing submission. But thats pretty much it.

There was also an issue or two which i never been able to figure out how to solve them.

- traps spawning in all sort of unintended places. This is a wound that is still there as i have no idea how to heal it (if this is even possible). I just band aided it.

- i have no idea how to make rune traps respawn. All tricks that i've tried have failed. and i'm pretty much out of ideas.

- more and more mods introduce custom devices that player is supposed to wear for a very long time. Captured Dreams Shop for instance. When you wear them this mod does pretty much nothing.

All together i see little reason to work on something that would always be crippled - even if i would somehow manage to make it behave more or less as intended.

This thing was supposed to teach me basics of how to mod Skyrim. It served its purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

You mean that one on the front pic? Remodelled Armors Bodyslide from nexus.

For this dragon appearance - thats no armor. Thats a shout - Dragon Aspect (from Dragonborn DLC).

I was fooling around with Familiar Faces mod back then so both of those girls on that screen are my characters.

It so happen that the one imported with Familiar Faces had a habit of boosting herself with dragon strength on some quite short cooldown.

You mean that one on the front pic? Remodelled Armors Bodyslide from nexus.

For this dragon appearance - thats no armor. Thats a shout - Dragon Aspect (from Dragonborn DLC).

I was fooling around with Familiar Faces mod back then so both of those girls on that screen are my characters.

It so happen that the one imported with Familiar Faces had a habit of boosting herself with dragon strength on some quite short cooldown.

yea just wanted to know the armor on the front pic sorry lol.  i like the look of that armor

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I love this mod because it blends the Defeat assault and the Cursed Loot style gameplay, and does the logical thing... it dumps you outside the dungeon you were in (unlike Defeat and DCL which would send you to the inn or wilderness). Plus if you have a follower, they actually react, kind of, to the event (it was a bit disappointing that Defeat and DCL never show follower reactions). Also, the magical traps kind of blend in well...they just disable you and the bandits come over.

I like Defeat and DCL, they have their place in the load order, but DT is amazing at what it does. Some more dynamism in terms of trap placement, and the 'punishments', would be great, but I think at this point it's more about coverage...you don't need to replicate Cursed Loot which is more systemic.

• 1 month later...

I still have some hope that you or someone is making a new update for this mod^^ Normally i rush through a dungeon, but with this mod its a challenge. Maybe some new traps in different color and with a different events. What about modifying some vanilla traps? They are already placed and there is no problem to respawning them. I have no idea from modding, but you said once you have a problem to respawn them. Maybe the vanilla scriped that is respawning the enemies can help you with it (there are also vanilla rune traps but i don't know if they respawn too).

• 2 weeks later...

tbh this mod is pretty much abandoned...

i got no time to work on this. no idea when it could possibly change...

for sure i wont have enough time to make it comparable to DCL and such.

through the last year i've learned quite a lo about modding and there are still several problems in this mod that i have no idea how to solve - for example how to make rune traps to respawn.

• 1 month later...
Guest lare290

Otherwise cool mod, but the traps are invisible. I can't see them anywhere, and I have tried everything to fix it.

make sure you have Decals enabled in the skyrim graphic options as rune traps apparently won't show up if decals are disabled.

Ohh... That is funny. I never use rune traps so I never noticed that. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

@aqqh:

Based on some googling you might be able to respawn runes by Resetting them.

I am a complete beginner with modding and especially papyrus, but it definitely seems to be worth a shot.

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Reset_-_ObjectReference

I hope it works and you will be able to continue this mod, it's a very nice addition to the devious realm. :)

On another note, maybe this is the wrong topic to post it, but if it can be done, a spellcasting soulgem trap could cast devious magic. It would be another way to trap dungeons and the like. :)

• 4 weeks later...

@aqqh:

Based on some googling you might be able to respawn runes by Resetting them.

I am a complete beginner with modding and especially papyrus, but it definitely seems to be worth a shot.

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Reset_-_ObjectReference

I hope it works and you will be able to continue this mod, it's a very nice addition to the devious realm. :)

On another note, maybe this is the wrong topic to post it, but if it can be done, a spellcasting soulgem trap could cast devious magic. It would be another way to trap dungeons and the like. :)

Lets hope aqqh continue this mod with this^^ I play skyrim every year just 2 times (full playthrough ofc) and when i check for updated mods i always look here if something changed, because idk. Even with those limited traps it's always a pleasure to play with the feeling to fuck things up because i stumbled in one of the traps.

• 3 months later...

I never got around thanking you for this jewel of a mod, aqqh!

I tried it out some time ago and found it fun, then completely forgot about it when I reinstalled my Skyrim. Now I "rediscovered" it and focussed on it. And it is just SO. MUCH. FUN.

Normally, I play without a follower because they always get in the way, but yesterday I had the time of my life inching terrified through your adapted dungeons, trying to spot your traps (and failing miserably half of the time) and getting my follower to disable them. Poor Uthgerd got herself quite a few new toys and was not that happy with me. Of course, I was not better of myself...

I love the follower interaction you have hidden in there when you use your follower like that, it's both funny and sort of sweet-sexy.

I do realize that you said repeatedly that this mod is more or less dead, but MAN, it's good. I'd love to see all the things you mentioned in the description like dwemer traps and hard mode. So if you decide to go back into this you already have your biggest fan bagged.

Please revive it? Pretty please? :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry.

On 9/8/2018 at 10:49 AM, LunaGirlDBX said:

Any idea if this mod will be updated. It was really a fun mod

On 2/20/2016 at 11:22 PM, aqqh said:

tbh this mod is pretty much abandoned...

i got no time to work on this. no idea when it could possibly change...

for sure i wont have enough time to make it comparable to DCL and such.

through the last year i've learned quite a lo about modding and there are still several problems in this mod that i have no idea how to solve - for example how to make rune traps to respawn.

• 1 year later...