So I started playing around with CK, making empty buildings, placing clutter, etc, all is going as well can be expected for a complete novice such as myself until I try to save.  I don't want to save the esp file to my Data folder because I don't really know what I'm doing and don't want to fuck up my game.  I use MO specifically to keep my data folder clean.  When I try to save an esp to a folder other than my Skyrim data folder CK says that's an invalid directory.

Is there a way to save files somewhere else with CK?  Or do I have to save the file to data folder then move it somewhere else?

For some stupid reason, you will always get the error when you choose a manual directory, so to my experience you can only save in data. Don't sweat it though, a single esp isn't going to fuck up your game, just remember it's name and you can remove if it starts to misbehave.

And if you're modding an existing esp, you can always back it up.

it's so simple, you copy your entire skyrim folder in a separate folder. then you can test all the possible mods.

when something goes wrong, then you simply delete the destroyed skyrim folder and adding your backup copy back. I'm doing way also always so. :)

Archived