Girl Catch (à la Gor)

Legi0n

I don’t dare to make a request, in case it’s a lot of work, so consider it more of a question or an idea. :) 

Would it be possible to implement something akin to the game Girl Catch from the Gorean saga? The (devious) devices and animations seem to be in place, and I think I’ve seen bell-piercings somewhere. The male participants obviously cannot ''track-by-sound'', but perhaps something like temporarily adding the Shadow Warrior perk to the female PC would achieve a similar effect? The sound of small bells would be a nice touch, of course.

For those of you unfamiliar with Girl Catch, I’ve provided a crude copy-paste from the book in spoiler tags. Happy reading!  :) 

After the supper Eta was taken and belled. I shrank back. They wound thongs, more than a yard in length, closely set with small bells, about her tanned ankles. More bells they tied about her wrists. They then took strings of bells and threw them, looped, about her neck.
Five men stood in a line, some yards from her, who were to be the contestants. He who was to act as referee then tore away from Eta the brief rag she wore. The men cried out with pleasure, smiting their left shoulders with the palms of their right hands.
Eta regarded them, the bells upon her body, and about her neck and breasts, proudly, arrogantly. There was a mark on her left thigh but I could not well see it in the darkness. Then her hands were taken behind her and tied. Opaque cloths were brought and bets were placed. Eta continued to regard the men, haughtily. Then, about her belly, the referee fastened a tight thong. On this thong, at her left hip, was fastened a single bell, larger than the others, and of a different note. It would serve in particular to guide the men. Then, as she stood proudly, a cloth was thrown over her head and tied under her chin. She was hooded.
The girl is hooded in order that she not be able to influence the outcome of the sport. Too, I suspect the men enjoy having her hooded that she, in the darkness of the hood, in her helplessness, will not know who it is who seizes her. Gorean men, the beasts, find such things amusing.
The five men were then similarly hooded, the opaque cloths thrown over their heads and tied under their chins. Eta, in her hood, stood absolutely still, not causing the rustle of a bell. The five men then, to the amusement of the observers, were led about the camp, and turned muchly about, that they be completely disoriented. The referee then, taking up a switch, went to the vicinity of Eta.
I watched from the shadows. I was indignant, and horrified, of course. Too, I was consumed with pity for my poor unfortunate sister. Too, I was curious to see who it would be who would first seize her.

[…] The referee lifted his switch. He cried out a word, which I would later learn meant “Quarry.” It is the signal that the game has begun, that the girl is now available, that she is now at large for capture. At the same time that he had cried out this word he had swung the switch and struck Eta a swift, stinging blow below the small of the back, making her cry out, identifying her original position and, with a jangle of bells, starting her into motion. The men wheeled toward the sound. Eta stopped, frozen. She was crouched over, her hands tied behind her back.
Whether the slender, supple disciplinary device would be used often in the game depends much on the skill of the girl player. She must, following the rules, move at least once in every five Ihn, which is a little less than five seconds. If she does not move within five Ihn, perhaps being frightened, or having miscounted, the referee, with the switch, swiftly and exactly identifies her position for the contestants.
An instant before the five Ihn were up Eta, jangling with bells, darted off, changing her position. Some of the men cried out angrily, for she had darted, unknowingly, between two of them. The referee cautioned the men sharply. The male contestants must not identify themselves. Such an identification, in that it might affect the girl’s behavior, she perhaps desiring capture by a particular male, might unfairly influence the outcome of the game.
Needless to say, the girl is expected to be an excellent quarry. If she is a poor quarry, and puts up a disappointing run, and is too soon captured, her wrists are tied over her head and she is lashed. It is seldom necessary to do this, of course. Girls pride themselves on their evasive skills in Girl Catch; they strive with every fiber in their small bodies to be cunning, elusive quarry, not to be easily caught; with delight do they struggle to elude the predator; with relish do they know, belled, their capture and seizure is inevitable.

Eta was skilled in the game. But so, too, were the men.

Often I suspected had she been thusly hunted and the men of the camp her hunters. Twice did the referee, with his switch, incite the beauty to motion. At last it seemed she knew not which way to turn. The men, silent, were about her. Blindly, hooded, she fled—into the arms of the young blond giant. With a cry of pleasure he seized her and flung her to the grass, pinned beneath him. She was caught. The referee called out a word, which I would later learn was “Capture,” and slapped the man on the shoulder. The other men stepped back.
Then, to my horror, I saw Eta, still hooded and bound, in her bells, ravished in the grass. When the young man had finished with her he stood up and unknotted the hood from his head, casting it aside. Men lifted cups to him and shouted and pounded him upon the back. He was grinning. He had won. He returned to his place. Moneys were exchanged. Eta lay on her side in the grass. She seemed small, lying there, hooded and bound, in her bells. By all but me she was forgotten. I felt terribly sorry for my poor sister. And I envied her her ravishment.

In a few moments the referee had returned to her and, by the arms, thrown her again to her feet. She stood unsteadily, trembling, the motion of her body agitating the bells. He again called the word I was later to learn was “Quarry,” and again he put her into motion with the switch. Again the men stalked her. Second place was at stake. She did not run as well this time, but, perhaps because this time there were only four pursuers, performed on the whole commendably. In some two or three minutes she was again taken and, to my horror, was, with pleasure and ruthlessness, again subjected to the indignity of the caught female, her second captor handling her with an audacity and simple physical proprietorship scarcely inferior to that of the first.
How sorry I felt for her, and how, secretly, I envied her.
I watched while third place and fourth place were won. The fifth man, when he had removed his hood, was the butt of much good-humored laughing and pushing. He, losing out, had not won the right to ravish the belled beauty.

• 3 weeks later...

I've actually been messing with those bell piercings from Zaria's Restraints, even dl'ed some jingles... :)  I'll see what I can come up with... (Assuming, of course, I can get appropriate permissions and what not...) I'm going to be busy the next few days so if someone beats me to it, more power to them.

I see a possible side market for a mod like this. Bell equipped accessories could easily be packed as a mod in itself and could be used by, say dancers or part of some fashion. Further if they are scripted to actually give of a sound, such a script could probably be used for bell collars used by cattle.

• 4 months later...

I like the concept and it is fun.  My game seems to have trouble with restarting stages.  As a suggestion only, that might not be too hard you could hold the girl player in a pen, maybe adding a restraint each round, until at a certain number she is Gor tattooed and released.   All that to say thanks I like your mod and hope you take keep develping it. 

I tried this mod, and it's still buggy.

The cage and the restraint are ok...

But the competitors... usually, the girlcatch launch whitout major problems, but i think you need to put more explenation or a script. Because there is nothing more than beat the competitors by punching them to death. And it's quite easy with a level 1 character.

Archived