Creating Overlay tattoos for racemenu?

ivanov13

I'm trying to do something that should, in theory, be really simple.

I want to edit an existing overlay from a mod. I can open the DDS in PS, I can edit and save it and the mod will use the edited overlay but without seeing it on a 3d model the edit I have done obviously looks shit.

So how do I get to see the DDS on a model so I can edit it properly?

I've exported a body mesh to a .obj and I can open that with PS but wrapping the texture file around it... I am failing epically.

1. First, make sure you have ps6. 
  2. Go to tit-kit on nexus. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57157/?
  3. download the PSD. That has the CBBE base imported. it works for bodyslide too.
  4. dbl-click "Material".

when you open the file, you'll see the body mesh. In the layers palette you'll see "cbbe body" > "textures" > "diffuse" > "Material". dbl-click "Material". It will say "reading photoshop large document format" and then you'll have an additional document open. 

This additional document is where all the tit kit overlays are stored BUT for your purposes, you can use it to do your tattoo. Just hide (or delete) all the tit kit shit EXCEPT the base texture (it's pretty obvious)

the mesh document is still open. If you have 2 monitors, you can put the mesh doc on the other screen. when you save the material document, the mesh should take a few secs to update. If it doesn't, click on the mesh and then it will update. I would greatly suggest that you look at tutorials on how to paint directly on the mesh. This way, you can paint on the mesh and use that painting as mask for a layer with actual detail, since you can't paint actual textures directly onto the mesh.

If you have ?'s, reply here.

Archived