Uhhh I need a little help. I will be thankfull for any tips regarding this problem.

I imported my character to RM from ECE ( thanks to this tool ). It works flawless and my character looks exactly the same.

But when I tried to apply Citrus head , my character face has changed to potato and eyes went down or verticles just got ridicuously distorted everyone on the face.

I've tried replacer and standalone. Dunno what causes it. Could it be a issue related to bodychanger? Becouse this is where I store all of my character textures/meshes ( body,hands,feet,head ). I tried again with this patch for BodyChanger .

Still nothing. Default/vanilla Skyrim presets looks and works okay. Its just my character doesn't.

ECE made heads apparently apply morphs differently to how RM applies morphs.

Which is why transferring slider data from ECE to RM in the past wouldn't give the same exact look people wanted.

RM3 made an import head feature to get around this discrepancy. For ECE, you can only import vanilla heads (since ECE only works on vanilla heads)

The imported data is kept at the vertex level. RM does not magically figure out what sliders are needed to get the shape to match your imported shape.

When you use citrus heads, the only valid data that is passed to it is slider data. Your RM preset's vertex data will jumble it up since citrus head and vanilla head vertex order and count do not match.

TL;DR

Don't apply RM3 presets with vertex data for vanilla heads onto a citrus head.

You need to manually match the shape of your head with the citrus head in some 3d editor.

Been using the Citrus head since I updated to RM3 and the newest XPMSE. I've got to say I love it. My characters have never looked better, such smoothed curves now. My newest main is using the citrus head.

here she is (again; I can't stop posting her)

16114725767_e9e4e01c29_o.png

Great work, Blabba. thanks a bunch.

I've got a question, something that's been bugging me past couple of days, maybe someone here can shed some light.

blabba, on 23 Jun 2014 - 3:53 PM, said:

• Not compatible with any race mods that add their own custom head morphs

I'm using the Standalone version of Citrus Heads and I've lost my racemenu's extra sliders for my Ningheim Race. To summerize, the Ningheim (human race) is usually completely compatible with RM and XPMSE's full line of sliders(still is, I know this because prior to using citrus my main characters were mostly Ningheim), but now it's as though they're being treated like the beast races(extra mouth sliders missing, expressions, and so on). I've added some screens to show what I mean:

16350589635_8e6d92417f_o.png

16350587835_e9e0cb6f32_o.png

16350591315_bf3988c7a0_o.png

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, moved MO's orders around and confirmed 100% that having Citrus installed is the issue. Is that the stone-cold incompatibility I'm seeing here? It seems odd as the Ningheim do have their own added head meshes and morphs, but they're completely stand-alone from anything vanilla, separate meshes, morphs, scripts, folder structures and so forth, I mean all of my hairstyles are available just as before, just not my other RM options for the race.

So I guess my question is, is there anything I can do within my install that will save my favorite custom race from this incompatibility and still use the Citrus head for all of my vanilla races?

I've got a question, something that's been bugging me past couple of days, maybe someone here can shed some light.

I'm using the Standalone version of Citrus Heads and I've lost my racemenu's extra sliders for my Ningheim Race. To summerize, the Ningheim (human race) is usually completely compatible with RM and XPMSE's full line of sliders(still is, I know this because prior to using citrus my main characters were mostly Ningheim), but now it's as though they're being treated like the beast races(extra mouth sliders missing, expressions, and so on). I've added some screens to show what I mean:

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, moved MO's orders around and confirmed 100% that having Citrus installed is the issue. Is that the stone-cold incompatibility I'm seeing here? It seems odd as the Ningheim do have their own added head meshes and morphs, but they're completely stand-alone from anything vanilla, separate meshes, morphs, scripts, folder structures and so forth, I mean all of my hairstyles are available just as before, just not my other RM options for the race.

So I guess my question is, is there anything I can do within my install that will save my favorite custom race from this incompatibility and still use the Citrus head for all of my vanilla races?

Try opening up the races.ini and add an entry to swap the ningheim race head part for a citrus head nord head part.

See if that makes it any better or worse.

I'll have to take a look at ningheim race and see how it was done and where the extra morphs come from etc... when I get some free time to work on this mod again.

My workflow for upconverting sculpted data from normal head to CITRUS head:

(I use 3dsmax, I'm sure you can use any other 3d editor but I do not know the names of the similar functions)

1. Export your head from RM (Please use either 0% or 100% weight)

2. Load up 3dsMax with female skeleton

3. Import femalehead.nif (Either _0 for 0% or _1 for 100% weight)

4. Rename the imported femalehead mesh to something like 'Deformations'

5. Collapse to Edit Poly

6. Add a morpher modifier

7. Import your exported head from RM

8. Select the head mesh and collapse to editable poly

9. Select the original head mesh that you renamed and select it's morpher modifier

10. Select a channel and add the imported head mesh as a target. (The one that was not renamed!)

11. Delete the imported head mesh shape (The one that was not renamed!)

12. Import CITRUS head (Either _0 for 0% or _1 for 100% weight)

13. Collapse CITRUS head to editable Poly

14. Add a skinwrap modifier to CITRUS head

15. Change Setting to Face Deformations

16. In the target list click add and select the renamed head mesh

17. Now select the renamed head mesh and select it's morpher modifier

18. Select the channel with a morph in it and slide it to 100%

19. Select the CITRUS head, and collapse it to editable poly

20. Delete the renamed head mesh

21. Export everything in scene now to .nif

22. Load up RM with citrus head and tell RM to load sculpt data from your newly exported .nif

I'll try to write a proper guide w/ pics and 3ds maxscript that can batch do this process automatically and all that jazz later when I get more time.

Sorry for long delay in response, I had thought I had written this earlier but my internet must've disconnected and not saved the post at the time.

Only realized now in chat when somebody pointed out that my mini guide wasn't there.

I'm familiar with 3DS Max so I decided to give this a shot.  I was not successful, but I believe some things are not clear enough for me to get this to work:

Step 3:  This step seems to imply that I should use the _0 or _1 mesh of femalehead.nif, which of course does not exist in the Citrushead archive (standalone or replacer).  There is only "femalehead.nif," as is the case with the default femalehead.nif.

Step 14-16:  This outlines the process of creating a skin wrap, but there is no mention of actually making a skin (i.e. clicking the "convert to skin" button).  I don't know if it's even necessary, but I did think it was strange and I'm wondering if a step has been left out.

Step 21:  After following this procedure to the letter, I attempted to perform this last step, which I assume is the "Import Head" option from the Sculpt tab.  When I attempted to do so, Racemenu displayed the message, "Failed to import data from <name>-Citrus.nif."

I have to assume this is possible and that the author has gotten it to work, so I'd like very much to get these questions cleared up because it's not working with this procedure as written.

I'm familiar with 3DS Max so I decided to give this a shot.  I was not successful, but I believe some things are not clear enough for me to get this to work:

Step 3:  This step seems to imply that I should use the _0 or _1 mesh of femalehead.nif, which of course does not exist in the Citrushead archive (standalone or replacer).  There is only "femalehead.nif," as is the case with the default femalehead.nif.

Step 14-15:  This outlines the process of creating a skin wrap, but there is no mention of actually making a skin.  I don't know if it is needed, but I did think it was strange and I'm wondering if a step has been left out.

Step 21:  After following this procedure to the letter, I attempted to perform this last step, which I assume is the "Import Head" option from the Sculpt tab.  When I attempted to do so, Racemenu displayed the message, "Failed to import data from <name>-Citrus.nif."

I have to assume this is possible and that the author has gotten it to work, so I'd like very much to get these questions cleared up because it's not working with this procedure as written.

1. Femalehead.nif = _1 seam. Basically just use heads at 100% weight so you don't make a neck seam.

2. No you don't and should not have skinning info.

3. Double check your exported nif. Is it formatted EXACTLY like the exported nif from Racemenu/Facegen files? Meaning the parent node is a BSFadeNode etc...

Step 14-15:  This outlines the process of creating a skin wrap, but there is no mention of actually making a skin.  I don't know if it is needed, but I did think it was strange and I'm wondering if a step has been left out.

1. Femalehead.nif = _1 seam. Basically just use heads at 100% weight so you don't make a neck seam.

2. No you don't and should not have skinning info.

3. Double check your exported nif. Is it formatted EXACTLY like the exported nif from Racemenu/Facegen files? Meaning the parent node is a BSFadeNode etc...

No, it is not.  After being exported from 3DS Max as BSFadeNode, the formatting is different.  There is no "BSFaceGenNiNodeSkinned" node as there is in the .nif exported by RM3.  This is the parent node for all the headparts, so without this node present, I'm not sure how to fix this.  The 3DSMax-exported .nif also has the head in a different position relative to the origin, so the translation appears to be different.  I'm not sure if this also needs to be the same, but more information is going to be required to make this procedure work.

EDIT:  Well, I got some of it to work by copying the head mesh branch from the Citrus-head export to the RM3-export .nif (after removing it in that file beforehand) and saving the .nif under a new filename.  Since the headmesh is the only one I altered in 3DSMax, I assume I can leave all the other headparts alone.  The mouth sliders don't work, however, because it appears that the mouth mesh is embedded within the headmesh (moving it to extremes causes it to clip outside the chin).  I suspect I'm not doing this completely correct because there just isn't enough information provided.

However, I noticed the same issue others have reported with eyes.  I believe it was because I was using an eye mesh that had left and right eyes separate (even though they were the same color).  I may try the whole process again to see if a standard, single-headpart eye mesh avoids this problem.  Another issue I observed was that the Citrus head does not conform with all of the vanilla hairlines.  If you look at the cropped/shaved haircuts from the default game (HairFemaleRedguard03 or 04) you'll see the headmesh clipping through the hairline headpart near the temples.  It is also easily seen around the neck region if you turn the head to the extreme left or right.  This can be fixed by using the sculpt tool to deflate the headmesh in these areas, but it seems like that's something that would have to be done every time you create a head unless it's fixed in an update to the Citrus head mesh.

Try opening up the races.ini and add an entry to swap the ningheim race head part for a citrus head nord head part.

See if that makes it any better or worse.

I'll have to take a look at ningheim race and see how it was done and where the extra morphs come from etc... when I get some free time to work on this mod again.

Thanks very much for the response, Blabba. I'll check out the ini tip tomorrow and report back, asap. And thanks in advance if you do take a look at the race. Means a lot.

Racemenu's sculpt + CITRUS:

wSyLkGj.jpg

dQ5ZBMJ.jpg

Fantasic work. That's the potential for realism from the head. 

Off-topic, but...

Idk if you know of one of the most charming actresses of our time, and forgive me for saying so but:

Your character bears a striking resemblance to her. 

Daryl-Hannah-daryl-hannah-30293004-476-6

Daryl-Hannah-5.jpgf8e7d345368b55e63f4df244a28bb738.jpg

Miss Daryl Hannah

Thanks!

Hmm yeah, I can sort of the see the resemblance from classic Daryl Hannah, and her Kill Bill mannerisms. 

Though, my inspiration for this character's appearance is pulled from way too many sources of inspiration, a little here, a little there. Of recent, combination of Amber Valletta and Tabrett Bethell, respectively:

J1DNAJzg.jpeg

amber-valetta-per-una-1764164827.jpg

tabrett-bethell_137828001430.jpg

cleavage-close-up-tabrett-bethell.jpg

Pull from here and there, mix and stir with some Skyrim winter 'harsh reality'.

Citrus Head supposed to work ok on a RM3 presets made with default head, with no sculpting? Lot of vertexes are distorted, but I'm sure my jslot preset have no sculpt data in it ("sculpt" is null)

[edit]

ok, this was just a mod order issue..

a different matter @blabba

i dont know if someone else noticed this issue

i have switched to the version BUBBLEGUM of your standalone pack (i had version VIOLET before) and with the new version i have clipping issues at the brows, especially with mer races. some men races have this issue too, but it is barely visible there.

here a screenshot of my character with all ece sliders at default position:

the clippings are the same for the other mer races, too

this was not the case in your earlier verion (VIOLET). for the time beeing i switched back to the old femaleheadraces.tri and the brows are fine again.

Yea known issue for now.

I might've used the default CITRUS head instead of the improved violet version one when I built the bubblegum update.

Either way, I'll resolve the issue and a few other minor stuff in a future update eventually.

i didnt realy look into this issue for a while, so a quick question: have you fixed this already, or should i stick with the VIOLET femaleheadraces.tri file?

• 3 weeks later...

CITRUS

post-45382-0-43682800-1424918088_thumb.jpg

Ningheim:

post-45382-0-06633300-1424918100_thumb.jpg

Very hard to decide. I used Ningheim since forever... CITRUS looks nice but there's something in the smile i don't like... I don't know how to say it in English, but in Spanish it's said sonrisa torcida.

I'd like a high poly headmesh for Ningheim so I'd have the best of the two worlds hehe