eXtra Creature Variety Mod

xartom

If you have or know somebody who has a legal copy of Gmod and could download for you, there are a few interesting packs at Steam Workshop that I haven´t been able to find elsewhere:

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy SNPCs

SIN Episodes Emergence SNPCs

Gears of War 3 Locust Models

Alien Swarm SNPCs

Vindictus Ragdolls Pack VII

Dark Messiah SNPCs

Doom SNPCs

Half-Life Renaissance

Animal SNPCs

Water SNPCs

Slow SNP Pack 5

Dark Khan Playermodel

STALKER RP SNPCs (this might include some already not included in previous packs, like the "rat man".

Slow NPC Pack 1

Borderlands 2 Creatures

Dark Souls Critter Ragdolls

Black Legion (DoW 2)

Ultimate Amnesia Pack

Lizardmen and Elchulus

Mass Effect: Collectors

Raven Warrior Playermodel

Skaarj ragdoll/playermodel/NPCs (UT2004)

Animal Pack (Dragon Age)

Turok Dinosaurs (Model Pack)

Dragon Warrior

And 2 monsters from Dark Souls with direct link download: the Iron Golem and the Taurus Demon.

Edit: If you finally decide to go forward with the model I suggest in comment #71 (Daemon Prince of Chaos), I would highly suggest you to use this set of voice sounds for him that you can download from here.

^Aw man, that's just not fair, no copy of gmod. :P

@ fallenfire for the actual mesh itself the defaults should be fine, for the skeleton, skeleton and assign parent (make sure the mesh is highlighted first).  As for the vertex group go to edit mode, little button under where it says vertex grp then select what you want from the drop menu. You might want to go through a quick blender guide you can find on nexus/other gaming sites so you know how to move around/delete things.

@ fallenfire what type of errors are you getting? Smashing your head on the keyboard in rage is progress when it comes to these sorts of things. Can't learn without failing. Anyway, if I were to do a video Microsoft Sam will be the narrator and what program would I use anyway?

"Also tempting to add that slenderman model but I keep putting it off because it just doesn't work in this medieval theme game. It could be some kind of easter egg or perhaps I can make it fit the scenery somehow. Same with that Chuckie doll. Maybe I could rep their clothing with Oblivion stuff, ehh not sure how that'd come out."

If the time were taken to somehow reproduce Slender Man's behavior with scripts, his appearance really wouldn't matter too much. It didn't in the games. It was the other stuff about him that mattered; say how you couldn't harm him, wouldn't be sure when to expect him, and so on.

I never bought into the fanfare, but I'm sure a mod with him alone would make a worthy mod in its own right.

Great creature resource!

Suggestions:

1. Chimera, dwemer cyberdemon, Cthullu, Ogroman, minotaur xivilai couple (they just look like they should be big), and don't forget the chimera should probably be bigger. I don't know how much bigger is reasonable, but big enough where they don't look weird small.

2. I don't know if the card guards are hidden in here somewhere, but man would they be great in the Isles.

3. I'd like to see a new beholder type of creature, I haven't seen one in Oblivion in the years since Midas Magic.

^ As the title said rambly ideas, not sure what I'll do yet aside from more mobs and maybe loot.

I'll look into fixing the sizes, I was lazy and I'm not sure how big they can go without doing weird clipping in dungeons.

Card guards didn't go in this release, they're for next as are some more AMR mobs, for isles of course.

You're in luck on the beholder. There's this hulking dreadnaught-style mob that I want to add and some city looking mob with one eye that looks interesting. And some kind of demon cylops thing. There's so many good models only so much time.

I would highly suggest being careful with any aspect related to change the size of monsters. As sroro said, that might end with creatures being not dungeon-friendly (too big to cross doors, move across corridors, etc) and with many clipping problems in exteriors related to their size (remember collisions of meshes are bigger than the actual meshes) ending with unrealistic problems to move. There are already a few huge monsters included that fit with the game, like the Hill Giants and the Undead Gladiators. Have present also that bigger creatures mean less quality in textures, something that sroro has developed with too much effort to make them acceptable.

I have made a few CS and in-game tests increasing the size of some creatures, and the result have been disappointing (in my opinion) for the reasons listed above:

gallery_5044_56_145083.jpg

^ The textures take nearly no time at all to 'fix' (sharpen, maybe fix up the contrast, very light gauss blur etc, couple clicks).

I'll still look at the mob size once I feel I've hit enough riggings for .09. Need to also rig more fingers, fix some faces (giant looks like an ash ghoul during foward anim :lol:  ), untwist some arms and the like. I'll throw the fixes in next release and then do more fixing after as needed.

Start ripping creatures from ESO for use in the mod, ESPECIALLY Molag Bal, like all my money on ESO's creature variety available for Oblivion.

You'd have to look into aquiring the tools to extract what you want from the MMO though, I don't think you need to actually buy it outright, just get it install it and updates, and I'd assume you could then take what you want from it somehow.

Actually before that, turn the Daedric Statues found at shrines into models to rig, namely the less humanoid ones first, save for Sheogorath, and Mehrunes dagon.

Is it possible to give Mehrunes Dagon more animations than he was assigned, to make it so that he doesn't melt on death?

Rigged Skyrim Liches to TESIV Liches might be nice, mainly the ones used would be the maskless ones.

Dwemer creatures mught also be nice, with things taken from monster mods put In oblivion also.A

Also, if there's one thing I've wanted since playing TES IV it's that danmed table Skeleton for Lorgren Benirus's corpse rigged to a Lich skeleton so Lorgren has a unique apperance when youu fight him.

If possible, see if you can take the models from Neverwinter nights 2 for use in this, D&D monsters make everything better.

^ Without obvious tools/documented methods ripping that's just above me. Don't think there's anything out yet but I could be wrong.

Yes on anims but that's not something I currently can do nor really have interest in (else I'd be playing with lovers anims rather than rigging a monster army).

Sure, I could put in more dwemer like things or things that could pass for dwemer robots but most of that'll probably be for .1 since I'm at the limit of meshes I want to try to play with for .09 release since I really need to do more fine-tuning. Only problem is they won't have spinny things like Skyrim or Morrowind or any other game's robots. They'll just be hulking masses of death.

Unique lich, maybe something I can check into. Yes, I've been trying to rig D&D stuff when I can, afterall TES1 had a lot of D&D in it. Biggest problem is what do I name the things and sort of be loreish.

Statues probably not, would be better to just grab player made meshes for Skyrim or something.

A note on models I might soon add to the first post is they should be reasonably unique looking compared to the other stuff  already in (or novel in short). I already have tons of stereotypical western demon looking things and the RE-style and rotting corpse mutant zombie's getting really old so I'm going to be super picky on those categories.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesomeness! I have just stumbled upon this thread.

During my absence you really did release the most impressive creature collection imaginable... Great work, Sroro!

Even though right now I am working on an NPC mod most of the time I'd gladly help out with the texturing of potential new creature additions in the future.

My thanks also go out to Ace for gathering those incredible resource links!

I did not expect something like that when I read her overhaul project thread on TAL.

One thing just occurred to me - I could pass over my own custom creature resources to you in case you are interested. There might be a few not yet included in your collection, especially some newer ones I haven't featured on pictures yet.

Getting sooooo bored with skyrim, too much crap to install configure and my own mods I don't want to fix right now and so on... I thought, hey play oblivion again! but the grind is just not worth it unless some "additional content" can be found and used. I started digging through this site and oblivion nexus and google, looking for stuff and found furo trap here first! Dammit that mod alone makes me want to play oblivion again and then I had to find all the body replacers and npc overhauls and sex mods. Sooner or later I will stop downloading and start installing:-)

Does this mod work well together with lovers creatures mod? do all or at least most of the monsters in this mod try to rape the pc?

I have LAPF and some questions, without any plugins does LAPF already have sex options with npc like through convo and losing a fight built in?

The LAPF is just like Sexlab.  It is just the frame work.  You have to grab plugins to get the other stuff (like RaperS for combat rapes and Joburg for stalking rapes and adult play plus for convo sex and so on).  All of the descriptions for what does what are in the pinned threads.

And no, none of the creatures in this thread are compatible for sex.  The only exception is if they use an existing creatures skeleton.  If they don't, then they aren't supported, as there aren't any animations for them.  We are slowly working on branching out with Lovers Creatures 3.0 but that won't be out for quite a while as it is only me doing the animations and WappyOne doing the coding.

Most of these creatures are in the vanilla creatures Folders and use the Skeletons but none have a penis and the Body proportions are not the same as the original creatures in that Folder.

e.g. big birds in the Clannfear Folder. You can have sex with the creature but the animation/Position during sex is totally displaced.

All Lovers Mods http://www.loverslab.com/topic/6799-lovers-plugin-index-with-direct-links/

Ideally then the creatures should be converted to whatever vanilla creature they are the closest match to in form\function\size.  This would enable animations that already exist to be used.  I certainly am not going to attempt to make custom animations for dozens of new creatures.  It would take me years to do.  It will likely take me six months (or more) as it is for the creature overhaul that we are working on.  :blush:

That was an explanation for Zor2k13.

gregathit I do not expect that you make animations for all creatures. :D 

Here some Examples

post-3205-0-22917600-1414989861_thumb.jpg  Clannfear Folder :lol: 

Or here creatures with penis in the Default Position

post-3205-0-47438500-1414990161_thumb.jpg Ogre Folder and Ogre penis Position.

post-3205-0-14311200-1414990541_thumb.jpg Zombie Folder and Zombie penis Position.

You can not make everything compatible ( perhaps in Lovers Creatures 5 or 6   ;)   )

Archived