eXtra Creature Variety Mod

xartom

Welcome back sroro :D !!

Here is another pack of monster models and preview images. With this one I think we are done with all the .obj and .mesh models from the tf3dm page. I suggest you to get 3ds max to work with the rest of model´s formats.

As just little suggestions:

- It would be nice to see the Mirelurk (that crab thing from Fallout 3) rigged as a monster instead of a NPC. Rigged as a minotaur might fit as they use the head attack, or maybe like a ogre.

- If I am not wrong, in one of the previous pack it was included a model of the "pack" (that screaming children from Dead Space), I think it would be nice to see it rigged as a goblin for example.

- More ports from Skyrim please (dragonpriest rigged as lich, giant as xivilai, chaurus, etc etc).

I hope not to sound annoying.

If there is something I can help you please let me know :)

^ Yea thanks, conference went well enough.

Sure, I could do redo a few skeletons. Best to reduce critter suits anyway, they can crash DR5 iirc. No problem on suggestions, I don't have much attention span once I start rigging though so I can't guarantee what exactly will get done.

I'll see what I can get done this release before my mobo/cpu upgrade.

@ libertyprime

Thanks for letting me know, werewolves should be swift and stuff. I'm not very good at this balancing business but I'll see what I can do next release (initially this was just a simple resource mod). Lmk of any other mobs that could really use a rebalance or nerf.

Alright.

I haven't seen all creatures quite yet but some of them are either too weak or too strong in my opinion. Basilisks have too much HP and deal too much damage for their size. I don't know how rigging works but it would be nice to see mummies being rigged to zombie skeletons (since AFAIK they use similar skeletons to humanoid races).

I'll edit this post with further suggestions as I play the game. Can't wait for the next release. :)

Magnificent new update sroro, congratulations for such amazing work!!

gallery_5044_55_109348.jpg

As just some small suggestions/requests for the next version:

1 - If I´m not remembering wrongly the slasher has another texture of a frozen variant, I think it could not be bad to use it to make another slasher variant that might fit for the north cold regions of Cyrodiil.

2 - I would appreciate if you could make both Draugrs in a new variant rigged as zombies. Maybe you could keep that two as "Draugr" and name the new ones based in zombie´s skeleton as "Decayed Draugr".

3 - The following is just a personal opinion based in personal tastes and I could be totally wrong but, most of the critters rigged as Flesh Atronach doesn´t seem to really fit well (with those jumps and kicks animations). As you plan to rebalance creatures for the next release, I would appreciate if you could maybe just take a look again at them

Thank you for all sroro, love your work!! :D

^ Sure thing, shouldn't take very long. I just rigged the creatures to flesh atronatches since out of the obj that's the closest they looked to and I am lazy. I'll have to look around for that frozen slasher txt.

I think I´m gonna try to export some of that stuff from the FP community that has been made in unused formats and export it into .obj files to give you enough content to make your riggins.

As something to begin with here are a couple of undead look like monsters:

egypt_mummy_zpse962c061.jpg

Mayan_Mummy_zps05af7a17.jpg

treeter_zps6a739721.jpg

I would really appreciate if you could try to rig the two mummies from the first screen into zombies. I hope this monsters fit with your taste. I will keep one eye exporting more like this into .obj files.

You can download the files from here

Please let me know if there is something wrong.

^ I have a ton of models to rig now, think I'll be good for a very long time. :P

Actually got a chance to play (in editor they look nice in game, eh) and I want to take some time and rig those pesky hands' digits right rather than slapping a hand bone on everything and calling it a day. Will try to rig what new stuff I can but I really need to go back and refine the old stuff.

LOL

I'm not sure if this a glitch or not; if not, it needs some serious looking at.

Some creatures are so fast they look like they have a thousand athletics. One example is the Hydra. They're not "very fast", they're borderline broken fast and look like they slide on the ground instead of running.

^ Lmao (now I have the image of a love-striken hydra sliding around a cave to assault a poor pc). 

Yeah, those legs are animated so it's diff a stat issue (noticed werewolves in the update do it too, I can never win). What overhaul you use if any so I can take a look at some reasonable stats? So til 12 speed is too low but 100 is too high :P

Oblivion War Cry New Dimension is a overhaul that adds tons of new creatures to the game, I think it might help you a lot to compare stats.

The mod is German, but you can download the English translation for the last version here

I think I am gonna try to export some models from Dawn of War 2 if you wish for future versions, if you liked the Zerg critters you will probably like this, there are some neat stuff:

swarmlord.jpg

^ Going to be taking a look at that and ooo for balancing.

^ Zergs were pretty cool, fit into oblivion imo. Up to you on porting can't guarantee what will be rigged.

On the hand/jaw/whatever/polishing rigging going to work in small pieces so I don't get overwhelemed. So next release there might be a few Freddy Kruegar handed mobs with TMJ. I'll focus on humanoids first since they're cooler.

If you see warpy/stretchy creatures lmk, only so much one lazy person can catch.

So I copied the stats of a higher lvl mob for the hydra, even at 30spd it's still zooming along faster than some tons-heavy 3-headed monster should move (imo) but at 8spd it hardly goes.

Prob 35 spd would work well for lycantropes rather than putting the spd at 100 and adding on speed buffs. Oops.

You can find more Resident Evil creepy critters with preview pics and download links here

From the first to the last page you can find some nice monsters. I think they are all in .mesh format with .tga textures.

As a little request, I would appreciate if you might to try to rig these ones, I think they might fit as "Tribal Redguard Zombies".

And the same for these guys, I think they might fit as Chamans.

^ If only I could rig as fast as you find (okay maybe I could try but the results with be absolutely hideous moreso than now). :P  Already aware of that nice deviantart, have some riggings in there past version (that mammary-covered mob and the tyrant).

Thank you for sharing you new update!! It really looks awesome, love the new additions!! :D

Thank you also for taking a look at some creatures, I think Bonewalkers, Schisms and many more look better right now. :)

I have found a folder with RE5 models, including bosses that you might not found already (U8, Popokarimu, Ndesu). They are in .smd format.

I forgot to say that the best way to approach to the Skyrim Creatures Pack is using MDLdecompiler  for models and VTFEdit for textures, sorry for that, but it looks you have already solved as you have added the giant. Some falmers rigged as goblins using weapons like you did with the new Daedroth Sniper/Knight and the Lesser Daedroth would be awesome, as same as some armored draugrs rigged as skeletons. Any other Skyrim port would be welcome to be honest :)

Also congrats for many of those new models, I have no idea where they come from, but they fit in Oblivion like if they were vanilla critters :)

^ Thanks. Nice work on the resource hunt as usual. Actually on Skyrim it's easier to unpack whatever bsa of interest and pull the nifs and convert those since I don't have to rig everything 'by scratch' and just need to rename stuff and rotate a few bones.

Things are looking busy, next update might not be until Sept-Oct.

Also, no idea where half those models come from now neither. :P

Super mod sroro! So far the sex anims are there.  Borderline and not the greatest, but they are there.  Might want to put a warning about leveled lists and apparent lack thereof with regards to these creatures in the OP.  Day 1, Level 1.  Snuck into a cave, saw not one but two HUGE erm "things", and quietly snuck back out again before curling into a quivering ball.  Awesomeness.

Archived