eXtra Creature Variety Mod

xartom

Just played around with the settings based on what I saw other people on Nexus posting they did (User101 used this for their hunger bar with these xyz coordinate meaning it's so far from the compass or is on this part of the screen). I guess I could post it somewhere, mostly for various realism mods (hunger, water, cleanliness, tiredness, xp, aphrodisia value).

As for on topic, still playing lovers chiropractor with grummite skeleton mobs (really surprised how I was able to bend some of these into shape lol). I'm sure I'll be able to rerig the clannfears, I mean hey I rigged stuff for different games, oblivion->oblivion shouldn't be too tough (hopefully not a 'hold my beer' moment).

Heh, at first I didn't get your last sentence and imagined a plugin by the name of 'Lovers Chiropractor'! Giving me the weirdest time visualizing such a mod's gameplay. I'd really love to see a Lovers mod with chiropractic functionalities!

In the meantime I have taken a look at recent entries in your blog. That 'Owlbear' freak's gloss issue is because of the normal map's alpha channel - it's identical to the one in the colour map. Meaning it's too bright. For the colour map the alpha channel's white is essential as it makes the space around the feathers transparent. But in a normal map a white alpha channel creates a reflective effect, the shiny surface seen on this creature.

So I made a new normal map combining the original one with the colour map. It has a very dark alpha channel with only the eye and tongue left white so they still are glossy. Here is an archive with this file and an assortment of a few others as well...

OwlbearAndOtherSmallFixes.rar

The archive contains the new normal map for the 'Owlbear' to get rid of the unwanted glossiness. There is also a fixed mesh for the imp-based owl bird; it had a weird UV map fuck-up on the right wing and a missing stencil property which made the tail feathers transparent from one side and caused 'holes' in the body. Also included are the files for an improved 'Choogle' and the DOOM3 creature edits featured on pictures in my thread.

More Dwemerized 'Pinky' and 'Revenant' versions and the 'Hardcore Hell Knight' with blood and cool ritualistic markings on the body. That one is set up as an additional alternate version instead of a replacer for the creature already in the mod.

^ Think that should be a replacer looks pretty cool. Sort of tried to slap something together as I go along, don't know all the tricks yet.

"Oh <PCName>,  I got this bad crink in my lower back and neck. (NPC/monster bats eyes) Would you take a look? " (PC: Sounds like a trap)

Probably will throw those textures in next time, hopefully I got the clannfears fixed this time. (Physics skeleton had head bone named 'head' instead of 'skull' like the vanilla one). Also noticed the zergling's wing is off and a lot of mobs need a nerf.

I must have been somewhat absent-minded last night when I wrote the previous post: The white spaces in a colour map's alpha channel are the parts which actually do show up, while the masked parts (around the feathers) in this case must be black. Kinda embarrassing for me to confuse something that essential even though I'm working on textures all the time.

But I can always excuse goof-ups like that with a relapse into amnesia due to the head trauma from my accident last year :dodgy:.

• 2 months later...

Really sad to see you are done with Oblivion for now sroro. There are a huge amount of mods out there to give you hundreads of more of hours of fun at this game, but it is a normal thing if you want to play other things. I was waiting for the new update of your magnificient XCV mod with huge expectation. Are you going to leave the project entirely? Aren´t you going to add into your mod the contributions from Poontank? Anyway, if you return to this project anytime please let me know, as same as if there is anything I can help you with.

Kisses sroro.

^ Thanks for the words as usual, been a massive help (as so many here like Poontank). Added the texture/mesh fixes by Poontank to that last fix I thought. If not I could upload those files in a few days or something. The robot was rigged by someone else so I'd rather not place it in with XCV.

Not sure if I'll leave the project completely, I did want to fix some things but right now I'm playing other things and eyeing Nanowrimo. XCV sure seems stable enough at least but I know there's position glitches in some of the sex scenes and mobs could be balanced. Of course XCV itself is a resource free for w/e fixes if I don't get to it quick enough.

I've been playing Oblivion like Garry's mod for a super time, so it's not so much the mods themselves but the bug hunt, seeing things work, finally playing it through puts it off for a bit for me. Skyrim doesn't seem so ridiculously moddable to me even all these years later, it's like Morrowind it has a set atmosphere so that imposes a limit on what mobs you can add (at least imo).

Ohh I see. Well it is really hard to find a mod that adds new creatures in Oblivion (even most of the ones that do this, just do it through variations of the vanilla creatures), so a mod like this it is a "must have" in my opinion. Seeing how promising this mod started and how quickly it becomes even greater with more mobs and improvements (bugfixes and better textures) gave the game a huge breath of fresh air.

There are still so many models I would like you to take care of with your talent (have I said how hard it is to find somebody with the skills to rig models?) that as I said it is a bit sad to see you leaving for the time now. I hope you get fun doing other things, sure you have earned sharing this piece of art, but I must confess I hope you return anytime and take Oblivion to a new level, just like you already did with this stunning contribution.

• 5 weeks later...

Might have to check that one out I have been using their SkyMoMod-V12 for awhile now mostly to take the monsters from it and adding them to the different sexlab monsters that use the same skeleton to add variety to sexlab. Some work great some not so great and some are pretty funny.

I'm checking every asset in this mod to spot any potential harm. I'll post them once I'm reasonably satisfied with it.

Does anyone have the correct texture for this file?

meshes\Weapons\deathclaw\ladysythe.nif

I've found a couple more incorrect textures, but they were mostly acceptable, except this one.

Figured I'd find the correct txt for that but never did and just put in some placeholder in case I ever did. Let me know of the errors, starting to take a look at this stuff again but progress is very slow since I don't have a lot of time.

Thanks sroro. Other than the weapon mentioned above, hmm... Perhaps that winged white manticore thing. It has a wrong wing texture assigned.

Several textures' alpha channel is not compatible with the way oblivion handles transparency. But fixing such things would take long time.

I didn't check weighpaintings, guess I'll post them when I find such thing in game, if ever.

Archived