eXtra Creature Variety Mod

xartom

No I understand completely who you were addressing and why. 

What I am saying is that if someone could modify these new creatures proportion wise so that they "fit" within the body size and general shape of each vanilla creature, then we can use animations that already exist or will exist.  They obviously won't be perfect matches, but if they were close....it will work.   ;)

Didn't think about using the mobs with a lovers' penis, some of them were reasonably close position wise without it, so it didn't look like they were humping air (just can't imagine some of them with a penis lol). Guess if the demand's there I could see what I can do about lining them up better.

I have taken a closer look at the files. Was blown away last night upon discovering the mod...

But now I am reduced to smithereens on a molecular level.

Quite a most impressive collection of weird, sometimes funny, but most of the time outright frightening and disgusting creatures imaginable. I was especially pleased to find - besides all sorts of monsters from games I never played before - a few oldschool creatures from classics I used to love and play many years ago. Pinky. Cybie. Vore. Shub-N.

You even got that Mimic to work! I also love the references in some of the names: 'Displacer Beast'!!

However, there is exactly one single creature my collection has in common with yours: The Striga. Curiously mine is rigged to the troll skeleton as opposed to your Spriggan-based one. Makes no big difference besides the combat ability of kicking versus your Striga's jumping attack.

What I mean is this: I was rather expecting the usual somewhat readily available resources, instead of all-new conversions from God-knows-where. So I have at least one hundred tweaked and personalized additional resource creatures, all functional and ready to get implemented into the mod at anytime. I will go into more detail in a PM I am going to write up soon.

Some of the creatures in this mod might profit from the same kind of edits applied to many in my collection. Fixing a few issues here and there and making them better fit into the 'Elder Scrolls' universe. I saw that a few monsters with mechanical parts have already been kinda 'Dwemerized'. Such an effect can be amplified with a more refined texture and UV map tweaks. There is still room for improvement. Creatures that are able to use weapons can be equipped with suitable personalized gear.

All in all this mod well has the potential to become the most amazing creature collection in modding history! No kidding.

^ Thanks for the kind words of praise (just keep it down don't want this mod to get too big for reasons.)

@ The lovers-mob penis-line up issue seems like some mobs line up reasonably well, others don't. Maybe a few of the humanoids (another example was archville) will need another look. Grummite-skeleton think only the oyster siren and the tongue-stomach thing work (but honestly, he has a tongue right next to his crotch does he really need a penis?). Not sure about humping cards and the others just scare me too much.

As for non-humanoids cerebus is good fit but the monkey looks terrible. Won't be spending much time fixing non-humanoids, afterall first person you mod for is yourself.

Also, this is a resource feel free to do w/e, share w/e etc. I'll update the op some (like BYOP).

Few examples that line up very well (and two questionable ones)

post-14034-0-79860200-1415029495_thumb.jpg

Seems ok, visible seam on the underside though.

post-14034-0-19937100-1415029502_thumb.jpg

Armor blocking it from sprouting another nightmare.

post-14034-0-13311700-1415029510_thumb.jpg

Sex robot lives up to its name.

post-14034-0-50823200-1415029518_thumb.jpg

Tongue or penis, tough to tell imo.

post-14034-0-19086000-1415029652_thumb.jpg

Avenging impse

• 3 weeks later...

Took a look at some of the stuff you've added, and I must say, I'm Impressed.

The Snake models found in the Baliwog models could be rigged to the Skeleton of the snake from the BTmore enemies Mod which would do you well.

Also, are you going rig the rest of the Drauger's armour pieces? I'd love to see drauger in Skyrim Nord Tombs mod.

Sloads of Skyrim Rigged Sload models also would be great, because I could add them to the Hackdirt Dungeon as the bosses of the lower levels, seeing as the "Old ones" are hinted to be sload evident by the text in that book in the chapel being of the same Language as N'Ghasta's book.

Oh right, and can you rig eternalspores.nif, both drauger, dorksoulimp, and naturemummy to the Lich Skeleton? they look like they'd go well togther.

Also, the Leech Zombie is great, but it could do with being rigged to other skeletons too such as the spriggan, the zombie, the lich,and the flesh atronach, its the perfect model for a D&D Worm that Walks Monster

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/wormThatWalks.htm

Also, a while back someone uploaded files to the nexus which had Skyrim content in them and they were removed.

Lucky I saved one such file, and lo' and behold! The forgemaster, rigged As well!

Looking into the meshes it also comes with the Aetherium crown staff, and shield too.

Have fun!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bk9dgagk68n68k6/Forge+Master+Zip-45047-.zip

Oh right and take a look at these.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40418/?

These were never finished and completely rigged.

Care to take up where they left off?

Those goblins would look great in the SI, and That 2 armed Dagon wielding his axe from this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40418/?under a Xivalli skeleton right would look sweet.

^ Worm that walks, D&D fail here that would have been an aweseome name for the Leech Zombie. Sloads would work. Nice link.

I could rig a rendering of some of those creatures to the lich skeleton but it would be a seperate release rather than integrated into the current XCV. (Dorksouls armor is a pain, but I'm still just a nub :P ) Tough trying to balance my own what I want things to look like, laziness and folks that use lovers creatures or pose mods on these things when thinking about skeletons etc (which is why I'm not using BT mod for snake, that or the scorpion skeleton had collision issues I currently lack the expertise to fix). I mainly mod for myself but I like to consider w/e is using this.

Anyway, not sure yet when I'll rig or fix up anything, caught a 'playing/testing video games rather than modding them' thing (Valenwood isles and a new Blackmarsh alpha to keep me busy). At least it lets me see bugs/balancing issues first hand.

Thanks for the awesome Forgemaster!

Getting that file when it was up and then safeguarding it was wise. Making it available now is nice.

Oh right and take a look at these.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40418/?

These were never finished and completely rigged.

Actually they are. Rigged and fully functional.

Movomo had done this at my request. Then I have made the guys individual with all sorts of skins and accessories.

DoomGoblins-GroupShot.jpg

DoomGoblinsGroupShot02.jpg

L to R: Nosechop. 4xxx0r. Icepick. Ravager. Genoscythe. Ossickle. M47r1xxx0r. Clublin. Cap'n Hoox.

The only one who refuses to work is the guy armed with the boxing glove fists. Their mesh seems okay, but in the CS preview window the fists aren't correctly displayed. One fist is hovering above the Goblin's head.

Though this might just be an effect limited to the preview alone. It's possible the creature is working flawlessly in-game. Back when I had worked on the guys I was too lazy to check out this possibility. I was satisfied with the group as a whole and didn't see any need for the pugilist creature. In his stead I had added the bone-faced black Goblin shaman as a pure magic user enemy.

The complete and absolute awesomeness! Not only that this is a kewl new creature from one of my favourite categories - Dwemer creations - and the mod has a shield and staff included... Nah, there is also THIS:

TheForgeMastersGift.jpg

Aww, a cuddly Forgemaster doll! What a wonderfully decorative item.

But wait, there's more! I wasn't satisfied with the included textures. Especially the staff looked kinda shabby with just some generic gold material assigned to it. And the Forgemaster's normal map was from some humanoid upper body! Using EcthelionOtW's superbly refined textures I applied a few fixes to the shield, staff and the Forgemaster itself. Looks like this:

AetheriumShieldAndStaff.jpg

I have recoloured the jewel file, created new normal maps for the textures and made some changes to the meshes.

ForgeMasterNewTexture.jpg

Now Mister Master can relax, knowing he's got the bestest texture available.

This EotW guy sure does outstanding work.

Anybody interested in the fixes should install the files from this archive after installing the mod Vuubik linked to in post #105.

AFewForgeMasterFixes.rar

• 2 weeks later...

The complete and absolute awesomeness! Not only that this is a kewl new creature from one of my favourite categories - Dwemer creations - and the mod has a shield and staff included... Nah, there is also THIS:

TheForgeMastersGift.jpg

Aww, a cuddly Forgemaster doll! What a wonderfully decorative item.

But wait, there's more! I wasn't satisfied with the included textures. Especially the staff looked kinda shabby with just some generic gold material assigned to it. And the Forgemaster's normal map was from some humanoid upper body! Using EcthelionOtW's superbly refined textures I applied a few fixes to the shield, staff and the Forgemaster itself. Looks like this:

AetheriumShieldAndStaff.jpg

I have recoloured the jewel file, created new normal maps for the textures and made some changes to the meshes.

ForgeMasterNewTexture.jpg

Now Mister Master can relax, knowing he's got the bestest texture available.

This EotW guy sure does outstanding work.

Anybody interested in the fixes should install the files from this archive after installing the mod Vuubik linked to in post #105.

attachicon.gifAFewForgeMasterFixes.rar

Humanahumanahumana, good gods, you nearly gave me a heart attack, this is so good.

All we need now is a mod that adds hidden Dwemer ruins to the game, located in hidden areas in existing ingame dungeons that have been unearthed, that adds the stuff found In this mod, with Mr Siika's Dwemer resources for monsters and dungeon tilesets, this one also for that category http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/20241/?and some gear also with this mods resources http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37603/? coupled with the textures from this mod: www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/15314/? and lastly the Dwemer Spider from this mod which I don't even think is in FCOM- http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/22925/?

The idea would be to add hidden Dwemer ruins located in vanilla caves in the game that are really well hidden and made to blend in with the dungeon (Hidden behind a tapestry, under rocks) and some are locked and the keys are randomly found across the game as loot, and inside you can find huge dungeons, Dwemer cities and workshops.

It's also come with a Morroblivion Compatibility patch to add the some of the creatures to that mods levelled lists.

That's excellent - I didn't know this SpeedyB resource pack before... Thanks for the link!

The Mr. Siika Dwarven tileset I like less (because it has no real connection to Elder Scrolls lore's Dwemer) than Phitt's which has seen a lot of use in mods with Dwemer content. 'SoVvM', 'Sheogorad', David Brasher's Dwemer ruins mod and 'Vornhuzduc' come to mind.

The latter is the location for the above screenshots.

As for Dwarven weapons, Insanity Sorrow's recent Morrowind weapons mod has got a few superbly modeled Dwemer items, similar in shape to the ones by HelBorne. Quite logical since they are based on the same original designs.

It is a very good mod concept to add sunken Dwemer ruins to vanilla caves. Something I really should consider if I ever manage to finish my current project... As a huge Dwemer fan I imagine creating such content might be lots of fun. Dwarven ruins can turn out really nice if they make optimal use of their location: With the SpeedyB parts even underwater facilities and lava field power stations are possible.

Among a few other robots that Dwemer spider guy is featured on this shot here:

SteampoweredArmy.jpg

Quite a lot of Dwemer spiders in every shape and size on this one.

The only problem with the creature is its arms oftentimes are clipping through the pauldrons when attacking.

I really just want to add creatures, not much else for the sake of simplicity, but this is a modder's resource so feel free to use in whatever works.

For some of the robot meshes I have and want to rig I might have to consider morrowblivion skeletons or something or else they look 1983 CRPGish. Else I could try adding more mock-organic thing looking robots like ME praetorians, frogbot from heck knows, and this robo-dwarf thing I found and such.

That's excellent - I didn't know this SpeedyB resource pack before... Thanks for the link!

The Mr. Siika Dwarven tileset I like less (because it has no real connection to Elder Scrolls lore's Dwemer) than Phitt's which has seen a lot of use in mods with Dwemer content. 'SoVvM', 'Sheogorad', David Brasher's Dwemer ruins mod and 'Vornhuzduc' come to mind.

The latter is the location for the above screenshots.

As for Dwarven weapons, Insanity Sorrow's recent Morrowind weapons mod has got a few superbly modeled Dwemer items, similar in shape to the ones by HelBorne. Quite logical since they are based on the same original designs.

It is a very good mod concept to add sunken Dwemer ruins to vanilla caves. Something I really should consider if I ever manage to finish my current project... As a huge Dwemer fan I imagine creating such content might be lots of fun. Dwarven ruins can turn out really nice if they make optimal use of their location: With the SpeedyB parts even underwater facilities and lava field power stations are possible.

Among a few other robots that Dwemer spider guy is featured on this shot here:

SteampoweredArmy.jpg

Quite a lot of Dwemer spiders in every shape and size on this one.

The only problem with the creature is its arms oftentimes are clipping through the pauldrons when attacking.

You could probably retexture the Mr. Siika stuff to Look more Dwemer-esque if you wish.

Still though, massive Dephless Chasms with those suspended bridges full of Dwemer automatons would be rocking.

Or better yet, Lava flooded Dwemer dungeons, That + the lava does fire damage mod would make for a good dungeon if you had to swim though lava in some cases to get around.

Actually, Sroro, is there any possibltiy of getting Dark messiah of might & magic models rigged?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=111626188

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216586095&searchtext=dark+messiah

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217518375&searchtext=dark+messiah

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216590463&searchtext=dark+messiah

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216270523&searchtext=dark+messiah

It's got plenty of undead, Liches, Animals, and a few others that would fit nicely ingame.

Especially the undead.

Also, found some Dragon stuff

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107931213&searchtext=daggerdale

Also, I found this site, Never knew Spirter resource had this.

http://www.models-resource.com/

Know about that place as for yet more Garry's mod maybe, some of those dark messiah critters I've been wanting to rig, but the clothing/armor conversions are going to be no because I'm very lazy and very picky. You point out the model and maybe, especially if I stop getting sick, I rig. No time for ripping, and it'd be a lot of reinventing the wheel for many games.

• 4 weeks later...

A post in the 'GSB Compendium' thread did remind me of one particular creature I imagine would work very well in Oblivion as a 'Daedroth on steroids' type of monster: The Rancor. The pet of everyone's favourite Hutt. Messed up by puny Luke Skywalker. Currently just a static idle object.

post-14322-0-25762000-1419845708_thumb.jpg

Although it's already in Nif format, the downside is that the model consists of many single parts that must be merged before rigging I guess.

Maybe the included resource files in the archive can be of help with that. In case you are interested, get the file ('Rancor by Aria') from here.

That queen looks nice. Although according to some she is a "BITCH". Would go well with the various Xenomorphs from ElAlquimista's mod.

Take your time, Sroro! There is no need to hurry and squeeze new entries into the mod anytime soon. As long as you still continue working on the project after all. Fixing issues with the existing creatures is of higher priority before any new additions.

One problem I noticed for a while already concerns the roster of Clannfear-based birds. Grouse, pheasant, sparrow... In the CS they are being displayed without a head! And in-game their head is stretching to infinity. At first I thought it was somehow related to the skeleton I'm using, but Clannfears and other creatures rigged to its skeleton are working all right for me. That 'Choogle' freak for example (never played the game that guy is from - a web search about the creature's origin yielded quite a surprise!) has no distorted head.

For the moment I just have deleted the birds' leveled list entries from the esp as a makeshift solution.

^ Thanks for posting.

@Poontank

That's weird, the birds look normal on my end but I'll take a look, their heads do move funny when they walk though. Don't remember what I called the thing but there was some clannfear-based spore critter with a lazy Flood retex, how did that one show up?

Now after specificly checking out Clannfear-based creatures I have found two more distortion issues similar to the birds:

The one with the weirdo name 'Qlzqqlzuup' (sounds Aztec/Nahuatl, no?), form ID 019885. Editor ID 'Creatureangelflood'.

Its problematic part affected by the distortion seems to be the torso.

post-14322-0-11818200-1420052210_thumb.jpg

And the 'Clannling', form ID 016EA0. Has a messed up head stretching to infinity. Editor ID 'Creaturelingrush'.

post-14322-0-62124400-1420052232_thumb.jpg

^ Thanks for taking a look. Hmmm. I'm thinking this may be a skeleton issue since those two show up fine in editor/in game. I'll spawn them again to double check, something's funny allright.

Creature I was thinking of was the 'tendril beast'. I'll try to throw up an update of some fixes by the end of this week (hopefully).

The skeleton I'm using to rig these Clanfears is the one included in the skeletal physics pack from Realistic Physics and Force. Is the newer skeleton from one of the UoP? I remember getting 'stretchy head syndrome' on all the clannfears on one of the updates and reverting to vanilla skeleton.

I'm not sure if my Clannfear skeleton is from the UOP. After my recent reinstall from scratch I think I first applied the unofficial patch and then started to add some files from my backup. Creature meshes and textures were among these files. Although it's possible that the Clannfear skeleton from my old install already was the one from UOP to begin with.

To be sure I now have extracted the vanilla Clannfear skeleton and replaced the installed Nif with that one. 'Qlzqqlzuup' still shows the same distortion as before - the 'Clannling' however now doesn't show any distortion but is headless. In the creature's CS preview there is an amazing sight to behold:

post-14322-0-18949200-1420125949_thumb.jpg

The head is being displayed - turned inside out! It's huge, turned backwards and below the ground.

One other bird I overlooked before which is also headless is the 'Cliffrunner', form ID 0288A4:

post-14322-0-07242300-1420126189_thumb.jpg <- Also a great opportunity to show off this dress Myuhinny has converted for me to Kitty's body type.

But the pigeon is the one bird flawlessly working with all parts intact! When I tried pasting some of the other birds into the pigeon's Nif I noticed the (for me) non-functional birds have different nodes than the pigeon. The main difference are the thigh nodes for most of the birds, while the pigeon has a tail and calf nodes. Could this be the reason for the headlessness and distortion?

^ Lmao that indeed looks awesome. (and again thanks for checking) 

I think to be safe I should probably rerig those things and check out if I have any misgrouped vertices or misnamed groups (that upside down head makes me think of the time I somehow assigned a head to the foot bone group on one of the zombies)

Still need to run good 'ol Oblivion, been busy trying to get the humanoids to line up for better lovers compatibility. Also noticed the imp-skeleton users are too damn high when I got killed by a mosquito.

Anyway, at least I'm starting to try to tackle the mess.

Edit:

Okay, took a look, the monsters seem to work on my end. (Birds need work) Perhaps that physics skeleton has bones the vanilla doesn't, I best compare.

post-14034-0-01901100-1420132254_thumb.jpg

post-14034-0-82132200-1420132262_thumb.jpg

post-14034-0-54117200-1420132271_thumb.jpg

post-14034-0-84063300-1420132279_thumb.jpg

post-14034-0-09336100-1420132293_thumb.jpg

Edit2: Yes, that physics skeleton has some different naming for the head bone. Should be easy enough fix.

Lots of cute little status bars in your HUD! I wonder what they are for? When I tried to make a custom HUD with the 'HUD Status Bars' mod I quickly lost my patience because I totally suck at such things.

Seeing the creatures in all their undistorted glory does convince me they won't work with just a vanilla skeleton. So I did find such a ragdoll physics skeleton pack and tried the included Clannfear file, but to no avail: The 'Cliffrunner' bird just went from headless to the stretched-to-infinity head. The other usual suspects are also still distorted. I'm going to wait for fixed files instead. But take all the time you need.

Archived