Caliente's Body V3 -CBBE- Plus BodySlide (Updated 1.3.0)

Yeah, the high-res texture pack overrides all textures, pretty much :( Trying to figure out a fix, but for now the only option is to turn off the high res pack (or disable CBBE :) )

Might just be a matter of making the textures into an ESP, but I don't yet know how to get that done either.

Yeah' date=' the high-res texture pack overrides all textures, pretty much :( Trying to figure out a fix, but for now the only option is to turn off the high res pack (or disable CBBE :) )

Might just be a matter of making the textures into an ESP, but I don't yet know how to get that done either.

[/quote']

Could always create a custom race and direct it to use CBBE textures, but then you would have to change every NPC to use that race.

Just in case somebody missed it, someone figured out a simple way to make the HD texture DLC overwritable at Skyrim Nexus.

Look for your Skyrim_default.ini file where you installed Skyrim and then in that file look for sResourceArchiveList. Add " HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa," without the quotes behind "Skyrim - Textures.bsa,". Do the same thing in your Skyrim.ini file at "My Documents/My Games/Skyrim" and then unselect the esp's for the HD DLC.

Hi folks -- the fix cefwyn mentioned is currently the most effective way to continue using CBBE with the official HD texture pack.

Klaus: to your question: Slider Maker is a tool meant to allow mod creators to create their own sliders based on a working .nif file. All you do is create or use one working skyrim nif, export the shapes as .obj file, modify that obj file in various ways (say, to fit a larger breast size), then create slider definitions that pull in the changed .obj files. Each shape change should be a single attribute (eg breast size for one, butt size for another, armor pauldron size for a third)

This process should work for any game model, and if it doesn't, its a bug (Most game model types I've not actually tried :)). I could, for instance, take Dimon's body, morph it into the shape of CBBE, and create a slider set for UNP that makes UNP look like CBBE. I should also be able to take, say, the dragon model, and create slider sets that change the proportions, and then publish a mod that allows people to easily customize their dragon shape. All without inporting/exporting or directly editing any .nif files.

Sadly, the worst of the work (weighting) still requires .nif import/export, and I'm almost frustrated enough with blender's abysmal implementation that I'll write my own version of that too and we can dispense with this blenderr/3ds max business :D

Hey Caliente, Your work has been an ever increasing form of frustration for me within steadily playing this game without having to try new combinations of your body modifications and the influx of other modders' skin texture additions and changes etc. (not sure if it sounds like it but this is a very indirect and somewhat smart assed way of saying you do AWESOME work!!) I just downloaded the newest versions of both cbbe v3 as well as the newer body slider, which i'm very anxious to see some of the new integrations upon the body slider, they sound useful to put it lightly. Since I'm here saying my odd style of thanks I'll just mention.....thinking it's a boggle of my own overmodifications and changes within specific saves for skyrim. Anywho, I've been having some trouble even once with a completely newly started game that when i try to integrate the body physics additions before i utilize the slider customized bodies in game any attempt during race creation to go to a female body (dont know about the beast races though, dont use em much) ill get booted to desktop. just a head's up if others experience something or word gets back to ya. did just start after creation kit was integrated. and yes, i found out on my own about the DLC HQ texture packs throwing sticks in the spokes of skyrim modding so....that had already been dealt with and wasn't part of the issue.....fyi. again though. THANK YOU....keep up whatever it is you feel like doing for modding this game!!!

Germ Loc

shedidwhat: ... that isn't to say such a weight painting app is actually on the way... in case you were holding your breath or something...

GermLoc: Thanks! My work has also kept me from getting anywhere in the game... haven't logged a minute since early december :) As to your problem -- the BBP physics support is fairly unstable and I don't know enough about how it all works to come up with a resolution. So far the only thing I've been able to suggest is to make sure you've got the base files from CherryHotaling installed correctly, and up to date. My part of the process was little more than pointing to the boobs and saying "Bounce! CHERRY COMMANDS THEE!"

I seem to be having an issue now when using your mod alongside the Coverwoman one. Basically, he body seems to be darker in color than their faces (though the hands, feet, etc all match the body, so its just the faces that are pale).

Have any idea what I may be doing wrong in installation? Or perhaps it an issue with coverwoman, and not CBBE?

likeitsillegal: I'm afraid I don't have any pointers for you -- the coverwoman faces can seem pale, though there might be some other kind of color conflict going on. Try changing an NPC's weight using setnpcweight to see if that alters the face color...I've heard reports where that command resets skin tone problems.

shedidwhat, cefwyn : Its not too hard to set one up yourself, especially if you have the understanding of the blender nif import/export process. That said, attached is a blender file with

layer 1) an armature, including skirt bones and pauldron bones that are set up in a heirarchy and can be used to test weighting.

Layer 9 & 10) the vanilla skyrim female body meshes at 0 and 100 weight. Mainly for making sure seams match.

Layer 11) CBBE curvy base mesh, weighted

layers 12, 13, 14) Weighted hide armor Heavy, light, medium shaped to fit cbbe curvy

Layer 20) Export skeleton.

To use, import your mesh and size it to the cbbe curvy mesh. Use the bone weight copy script to copy the weights to your mesh. If your mesh has skirts/pauldrons, you will probably want to copy weights from one of the hide armors instead.

Next, parent your mesh to the weight test skeleton (ctl+P), don't create vertex groups, and rotate the bones to make sure the deformation looks good. Fix problems with weight painting.

Check your UVs, set the mesh to smooth shade, clear old materials and create a new blank material with UV map input.

Parent your mesh and the CBBE base to the export skeleton in layer 20. Make sure those two meshes are the only ones that are parented to the export skeleton.

select your armor mesh and export the .nif.

Clean the resulting nif (set userversion 1 and 2 to 12 and 83 respectively, delete fallout style shaders, set dismemberment skin partitions to reference partition 32, turn off normals for the body, generate face normals for the armor, copy in Skyrim shaders)

save the cleaned nif and install it someplace easy to test. repeat from the weight painting step until the armor works.

sorry I don't have the other sizes handy in blender form (I use blender only for weight painting, all my sizing is done in Zbrush)

post-11092-13597873110485_thumb.jpgpost-11092-13597873111043_thumb.jpgSo can anyone tell me what is causing the issue with v3 of caliente's mod?the hip area textures don't seem to match. I have used v2 seems to work but v3 has this. I have completely removed everything with v2 and I even uninstalled every mod of mine to see if that was the problem. They werent So what the heck is going on?

That is what happens when you have the HD texture DLC without the fix required to overwrite the skin files. I don't know why V2 textures would work while V3 textures don't. That is exactly what my character looked like when I first installed the HD texture DLC. Try disabling the HD texture DLC and see what happens.

Thing is I had this happen before the hd textures were released. I am not using them at all. I have literally cleared out my entirety of my mod textures and meshes folder and reinstalled these mods but I am still having this issue. I would like to add that when I used the bouncing breast cchc whatever or v2 the feet get all akward too. i find this strange since skyrim should have solved all archive invalidation problems

Sounds to me like your not using the correct textures still. The picture you posted is what vanilla textures look like on the CBBE body (Possibly what CBBE textures look like on vanilla mesh as well). Messed up feet with the CHSBHC or CBBE v2 meshes sounds like you used textures that aren't compatible with the improved feet mesh that these body mods used. It's certainly a pain in the ass keeping up with what texture is compatible with what mesh because I had issues with textures on nexus not being compatible with the feet even though the author said it was for CBBE v2, but Caliente's textures will always work if you have them installed properly and it's not some obscure hardware problem.