Caliente's Body V3 -CBBE- Plus BodySlide (Updated 1.3.0)

I have a few questions here...

How can I use bodyslide with the CHSBHC body? Any guide?

Last time I used bodyslide, I couldn't save a preset for some reason. How can I do it so I can redo it for multiple armors? [i want it to look smaller, like the armor was actually holding or pressing the breasts inside. They're mostly made of hard materials, so yeah...]

I have a few questions here...

How can I use bodyslide with the CHSBHC body? Any guide?

Last time I used bodyslide' date=' I couldn't save a preset for some reason. How can I do it so I can redo it for multiple armors? [i want it to look smaller, like the armor was actually holding or pressing the breasts inside. They're mostly made of hard materials, so yeah...']

There are no sliders for the CHSBHC body, because noone has made any sliders for it. It's not compatible with CBBE, so the shape itself can't be converted into a slider for CBBE. If you try my extra sliders mod (here at LL) you may be able to get closer to CHSBHC shape than with default sliders only.

As for presets, they should be saved in Bodyslide/SliderPresets. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. Admin mode in Windows, perhaps?

Hey all, thanks stuffed_bunny for answering some of the questions here :)

I don't have an answer for the ashen oriental race -- its likely that it pulls it's body files from another location. It would be a matter of finding out what that location is and copying the CBBE files there :)

Finally updated bodyslide here -- was chasing the ghost of a bug that didn't exist...

So, please find on the OP version 1.3.0 of Bodyslide.

the major change in functionality is the addition of scrollbars (mainly useful when using Stuffed_Bunny's expanded slider set!

also of note is a new sliderset of my own CalienteBodyPlus . This version adds 3 sliders. Two, when combined, create a body very similar to MAK07's popular modification of CBBE (there's a preset for that included). Specifically, these are a thigh slider (For much-needed thigh thickness with CBBE) and an alternate butt shape similar to how MAK created his. Additionally, a subtle belly slider is included that provides a little 'pooch' effect to help reduce the over-flat look to the default CBBE belly.

These sliders may or may not make an appearance in future armor mods from me. The Thigh slider has a relatively high chance (Since now that I've made it I realize that I should have a long time ago).... but we'll see... no promises :D

Of course there were some important bugfixes as well in this version of bodyslide

Hope everyone enjoys the new version, sorry for the delay in posting it for those unable or unwilling to find it on the Nexus!

Specifically' date=' these are a thigh slider (For much-needed thigh thickness with CBBE) and an alternate butt shape similar to how MAK created his. Additionally, a subtle belly slider is included that provides a little 'pooch' effect to help reduce the over-flat look to the default CBBE belly.

[/quote']

Nice to see you back and posting on LL again.

Feel free to rename the CalBelly.bsd and CalThighs.bsd if you like. For CB++, I will rename my Belly slider to BigBelly (BeerBelly would have worked too), and will replace macavity's Thighs.bsd with your version.

Another idea: I can understand why you no longer use the "require" tag, as it doesn't seem useful. However if the implementation of this tag was modified to not just hide the slider UI, but to actually disable the effects of a slider, it would be very useful. Specifically, to be able to have one zap slider toggle another hidden zap slider on and off. Or to disable a clamp slider when a seam-crossing slider (like Ankles) is used.

I've been here, just really bad about finishing and submitting comments (Keep getting distracted) :)

I'll keep mine CalBelly and CalThighs -- Your nexus mod still gets some traffic so I don't want to add to confusion by overriding those files. Honestly, it would be awesome if you decorated your slider file names with something (like SB_) so they're easier to avoid overwriting and its easier to see which are yours :) Up to you though.

Disabling the effect of a slider didn't make as much sense with the original implementation of the require tag, but I can see how it would make sense for zap and clamp sliders. That's a great idea, so I'll look into modifying that feature.

@Caliente

Please please please pleaseeee!!

Tell us! In which armors are you working now?

I can't wait, i need to know

Well I'm still in the midst of working on my vanilla armor conversion (download still only on the nexus... I HAVE to remember to upload it here soon). The next set is the "soldier" set, which includes iron, steel, studded, druegr (Aela's outfit), imperial, and stormcloak armors.

I'm also converting neovinci's oriental dress mod as part of an upcoming bodyslide/slidermaker tutorial.

Where's the Caliente TechSupport page? =P

I've DLed the latest Caliente file with the latest Bodyslide and the first armor pack conversion, installed the Bodyslide folder to my Data folder and...

because I like killerkleo's skimpy armors, I just installed the farmercloting 01 and forsworn armors to try them out - yes, I'm advanced user enough to know which folders to put them in =P - I even made separate backup folders for KK's skimpy body files and moved them there first.

Then I run bodyslide, load 'CB + armor - forsworn', make the changes I hope will look good, because the previews don't work, hit make bodies, and get a 'FAIL to save bodies ' error. What am I doing wrong??? Working with the non-armor features and the underwear preview works just fine... /me scratches head...

because I like killerkleo's skimpy armors' date=' I just installed the farmercloting 01 and forsworn armors to try them out - yes, I'm advanced user enough to know which folders to put them in =P - I even made separate backup folders for KK's skimpy body files and moved them there first.

Then I run bodyslide, load 'CB + armor - forsworn', make the changes I hope will look good, because the previews don't work, hit make bodies, and get a 'FAIL to save bodies ' error. What am I doing wrong??? Working with the non-armor features and the underwear preview works just fine... /me scratches head...

[/quote']

First of all, CB+ is my mod, not Caliente's. Second, CBBE outfits really should be ported to CalienteBody before they will work with Bodyslide (a v3 body mesh might work partially with Bodyslide body sliders). Third, outfit sliders will only work for the outfit mesh from which they are derived. So far only Caliente's Vanilla armor pack.

The "fail to save bodies" error is the least of your problems here really. There's nothing to stop anyone from porting KK's outfits to CalienteBody though. After that, Convert-BSD in my slider conversion script could take care of making sliders. Finally, configure a sliderset for the outfit. All these points (adapt outfit, generate sliders, make sliderset) are required. It's not rocket science, but it does take some time to make it work.

First of all, CB+ is my mod, not Caliente's. Second, CBBE outfits really should be ported to CalienteBody before they will work with Bodyslide (a v3 body mesh might work partially with Bodyslide body sliders). Third, outfit sliders will only work for the outfit mesh from which they are derived. So far only Caliente's Vanilla armor pack.

The "fail to save bodies" error is the least of your problems here really. There's nothing to stop anyone from porting KK's outfits to CalienteBody though. After that, Convert-BSD in my slider conversion script could take care of making sliders. Finally, configure a sliderset for the outfit. All these points (adapt outfit, generate sliders, make sliderset) are required. It's not rocket science, but it does take some time to make it work.

Sorry about the confusion of who's mod! -P

In this case, I moved KKs body files out of the folder and Caliente's version into the folder. So Bodyslide should be looking at the correct version of Caliente's converted vanilla meshes that he has done. So, let's just ignore Kk's stuff altogether for now. His meshes aren't involved. So using the YOUR mod, with the CB armor farmcloth 01, Caliente's converted meshes, it SHOULD work, yes? But I'm doing something wrong. Still scratching my head because I loaded his V3 bodyslide to the data folder, added your sliders as per instructions, moved his converted meshes to the correct folder under the meshes/etc., loaded the cb armor farmcloth 01 option and ... no. /shrug

And yes, I've done a lot of modeling in the past, I just don't work with blender. And Maya 2012 doesn't have a .nif importer yet =/

But thanks for the info anyhow!

In this case' date=' I moved KKs body files out of the folder and Caliente's version into the folder. So Bodyslide should be looking at the correct version of Caliente's converted vanilla meshes that he has done. So, let's just ignore Kk's stuff altogether for now. His meshes aren't involved. So using the YOUR mod, with the CB armor farmcloth 01, Caliente's converted meshes, it SHOULD work, yes? But I'm doing something wrong. Still scratching my head because I loaded his V3 bodyslide to the data folder, added your sliders as per instructions, moved his converted meshes to the correct folder under the meshes/etc., loaded the cb armor farmcloth 01 option and ... no.

[/quote']

Not sure why you would manually move anything to the meshes/ folder, as Bodyslide should write the meshes into the correct place for you.

Sorry for not being of much help, but I can't figure out what you are trying to do....

In this case' date=' I moved KKs body files out of the folder and Caliente's version into the folder. So Bodyslide should be looking at the correct version of Caliente's converted vanilla meshes that he has done. So, let's just ignore Kk's stuff altogether for now. His meshes aren't involved. So using the YOUR mod, with the CB armor farmcloth 01, Caliente's converted meshes, it SHOULD work, yes? But I'm doing something wrong. Still scratching my head because I loaded his V3 bodyslide to the data folder, added your sliders as per instructions, moved his converted meshes to the correct folder under the meshes/etc., loaded the cb armor farmcloth 01 option and ... no.

[/quote']

Not sure why you would manually move anything to the meshes/ folder, as Bodyslide should write the meshes into the correct place for you.

Sorry for not being of much help, but I can't figure out what you are trying to do....

I was porting by hand because I wanted to try just a couple of Caliente's conversions to see if I prefer them to KKs =) I suppose the thing to do is just load them all by dragging the whole folder over, etc., try it, and reload KK's by hand if I prefer them =P

Mine are better, of course! (jk)

You should be able to use create bodies and have the meshes deposited in the correct location. If you're getting a failure to create bodies error, first make sure you're running bodyslide as an administrator. If that doesn't work, bodyslide may be failing to find your skyrim installation folder (it looks in the registry for it). You can try uncommenting and setting the correct value in the bodyslide/config.xml file (change SkyrimDataPath).

If all else fails, you can hold control and click the create bodies, and it should save them in the Bodyslide folder, where you can then move them to the correct place in your skyrim data heirarchy.

It appears zap sliders don't quite work as I expected. Removing all of submesh works since 1.2. Removing a whole mesh works in 1.3. Removing parts of a mesh that are still connected does not work very well. Seems as it's the vertex order that goes bananas.

Maybe I'm just trying to use zap sliders in unintended ways. Still, are there any plans to fix this in next Bodyslide update?

I'll need a little better info on what you're trying -- they work for me, of course. Any vertex found in the .bsd for the zap slider is removed from the resulting mesh after all of the other sliders have been applied.

I'll need a little better info on what you're trying -- they work for me' date=' of course. Any vertex found in the .bsd for the zap slider is removed from the resulting mesh after all of the other sliders have been applied.

[/quote']

You could try the zap(skimpy) slider on any farmclothes in my CB+ armor pack. They seem to work in Bodyslide preview, but is broken in game. Of course that pack is old now, but the zap slider hasn't changed in the new version (soon to be released, though this bug remains).

Examples:

I followed the instructions and used BodySlide to make a body. But there is a huge seam at the pelvis area' date=' why is this? I'm positive it's a texture problem however I used the textures included in the "CalienteBody" in the first post.

Screenshot (direct link, or open spoiler content): http://i.imgur.com/Kf0vN.jpg'>http://i.imgur.com/Kf0vN.jpg

[img']http://i.imgur.com/Kf0vN.jpg[/img]

You need new textures for CBBEv3, i like this:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6554

I followed the instructions and used BodySlide to make a body. But there is a huge seam at the pelvis area' date=' why is this? I'm positive it's a texture problem however I used the textures included in the "CalienteBody" in the first post.

Screenshot (direct link, or open spoiler content): http://i.imgur.com/Kf0vN.jpg'>http://i.imgur.com/Kf0vN.jpg

Thank you, that removed the seam. I just wish skins from the pack you linked were paler, they're all very tan and rough looking.

Is that mod made specifically for bodyslide? It seems if I don't use a body made from bodyslide, I won't need to use that texture. The textures in the CBSBHC pack will work.

Thank you, that removed the seam. I just wish skins from the pack you linked were paler, they're all very tan and rough looking.

Is that mod made specifically for bodyslide? It seems if I don't use a body made from bodyslide, I won't need to use that texture. The textures in the CBSBHC pack will work.

That textures are made for CBBEv3, BodySlide uses CBBEv3 mesh and textures. If you want pale textures for your character maybe you can edit with "showracemenu" on the console or maybe you can search other textures for CBBEv3.

In this page you can find more textures:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2666

In the description page search for "Compatible Skin Textures for Nude" and use the textures for CBBEv3.

Some ideas for next Bodyslide update:

Sliderset:

* For single-mesh sliderset: include a new tag that when present, small nif is not written, and large nif is not appended with "_1"

Interface changes:

* group buttons at top (so they don't get hidden by sliders)

* (if possible) keep preview window open when changing sliderset

* default preview: 2:3 window ratio, maybe zoom in a little