Another one bites the Dust

"All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally."

Don't upload to FileSonic :dodgy: I was half way downloading a mod which was split into two parts.

This BS is becoming unbelievable.

if this keeps up, there will be no more adult mods sharing. :( anyway i hope Ashal Increases limit of uploads here. In that case i gladly sent some contributions. To this site, when the time comes.

Well with this shot down maybe torrents will be increasing again. That was never fully taken down. And the way they organise i doubt they will ever win this fight, they only make the opposite side smarter in the end. New work around etc..

As for Fileserve it depends, if it is American soil, then the answer is a big yes. anywhere else. and i doubt that will happen where is mediafire hosted ??

We could really use a LLtracker for torrent' date=' with only members able to download.

(and some ratio rules o> )

[/quote']

This is a great idea and one I fully endorse. I'll gladly participate so long as all the torrents on the system are 'free' to distribute. Anyone distributing pirate/warez stuff puts everyone else (and the entire site) at risk.

*sniffs*

You guys smell that?

It smells like...... Revolution....

Please. Americans are too busy updating their facebook status and watching inane TV shows to do anything.If we didn't revolt after the Patriot Act was passed, I doubt anyone will weep for a few filesharing sites.

Yeah' date=' i just wrote my 2 cents about that in the megaupload thread...

I gonna rage if they take down Fileserve aswell. :@

[/quote']

Fileserve also got scared like Filesonic did and can only dl personal files now. I guess it's rage time.

And now?

Good question, if it us unable to host here directly, then that could be a huge problem. Lot of mods bigger then 10 mb would no longer be possible, unless you start to split it. if it 100mb then you need to split it in 10mb each. Meaning that thos mods like dark bloodlines are almost impossible to do. You would be needing allot of splitting.

Unless a special torrents for these mods are possible, but that means your gonna need allot of seeders too.

One thing they can't do is simply block IPs the way you suggest. That doesn't even work in China, where they are very actively trying to make it work and have been for many years, with the government already in 'full control' of the network.

In any case, there are always torrents and other avenues that can be used for file sharing. The comparison to the GWOT is flawed on many levels, but if you want to carry the analogy, this was just another battle in a war that has been going on for many years.

Please. Americans are too busy updating their facebook status and watching inane TV shows to do anything.

Two words' date=' fuck you. Sorry about the profanity, but that remark of his is out of line. I am getting sick of hearing that too, most of us here in the states work and do meaningful things with our lives.

My government may not be the best, but don't judge my merit because of them.

• 2 weeks later...