Generic Loincloth movement xml

View File

Sup, your favorite Mad scientist orange again

Here's a generic loincloth movement xml I made as a side project.

Updated version (The weighting of the outfit is still not optimal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNLNUom9Vno

No I will not release the outfit, as I do not have permission from author and it's also most definitely not in a 'release' worthy state.

Others can fix up the weights on their outfit of choice and just link the xml though, it only took me an hour to do all this and I wasn't even interested.

I can only imagine what an invested modder with time on their hands could achieve.

If people are interested I can give a guide on how to use this to add physics to any loin cloth mesh.

Tools used:

3dsMax 2014 & 2012 -> Fix Skin Data alignments for OS, also could be used to fix Weights after transfer (Which I was too lazy to do)

Outfit Studio -> To transfer weights

JFF -> To edit certain values and calculations to make the base xml

Sublime Text 3 -> For fine tuning the xml values and to update them to work with the latest version of HDT.

Nifskope -> Nif cleanup after OS weight transfer

Credits:

Original author of NPR China Dress - Most physics values and bones were used from their original xml

HydrogensaysHDT - Created HDT

XP32 - Adding NPR bones to the Maximum Skeleton (well now at least someone used those bones...)

Cell - testing and feedback

LL unofficial Chat - For being my hangout of choice :D

Permissions:

You must give credit to the people listed in the credits.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/09/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    HDT Plugin (latest), XPMS based skeleton
  • Special Edition Compatible

This looks interesting. A tutorial, yes please. I'm really curious how to add HDT to my slevees to make them feel a bit more alive.

For something custom like that with no pre-existing bones, NEckros made a very good tutorial (albeit geared towards hairs) that explains the process of creating your own custom hdt effects.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27387-hdt-autopilot-tools-for-3ds/?hl=%2Bautopilot+%2Btools

Thanks for the demo and the file ! Is it working well with HDT hair mods ?

It should, I made sure collision layers shouldn't overlap, if a problem occurs though let me know and I'll fix it up right away.

In other news I added floor collision now (based off of Yoo's xml)

and made a new test Loincloth armour out of the Warhammer Sorceress armour.

I did it all really quickly so I didn't fix skinning (Again these are just proof of concepts to me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFKcmglAEI

I'll update the xml soon with the floor collisions soon.

Thanks for the demo and the file ! Is it working well with HDT hair mods ?

It should, I made sure collision layers shouldn't overlap, if a problem occurs though let me know and I'll fix it up right away.

In other news I added floor collision now (based off of Yoo's xml)

and made a new test Loincloth armour out of the Warhammer Sorceress armour.

I did it all really quickly so I didn't fix skinning (Again these are just proof of concepts to me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFKcmglAEI

I'll update the xml soon with the floor collisions soon.

Thanks ! Looks very promising ! Btw, it's off topic but are you using a mod to make your Skyrim looking so bright ?

Thanks ! Looks very promising ! Btw, it's off topic but are you using a mod to make your Skyrim looking so bright ?

I have no idea actually, I just use fraps to record and I am using an older version of realvision, but in-game it doesn't look as bright as the video so not a clue :(

I have no idea actually, I just use fraps to record and I am using an older version of realvision, but in-game it doesn't look as bright as the video so not a clue :(

:mellow: