Am I Depressed?

Just asking, the EU tried to ban expanding projectiles here & they're hard to come by in most places. I guess full jacket rounds are more gentlemanly.

Well, if you ask those who wrote up the "Rules of Land Warfare (1914)", I believe it to say something to the idea of "FMJ kills more humanely than JHP since the lack of expasion means less pain and suffering for the target".

Killing people humanely!  Whoo hoo!  What a fucked up idea.

"Well, see, we want to kill them, but we don't want to be mean about it; we want to do it nicely."

Just asking, the EU tried to ban expanding projectiles here & they're hard to come by in most places. I guess full jacket rounds are more gentlemanly.

Well, if you ask those who wrote up the "Rules of Land Warfare (1914)", I believe it to say something to the idea of "FMJ kills more humanely than JHP since the lack of expasion means less pain and suffering for the target".

"Well, see, we want to kill them, but we don't want to be mean about it; we want to do it nicely."

Well if you have to use a gun you want the mushroom.

You can buy all kinds of ammo in the US. And I think you should have the right to buy whatever you like. Of course, I also believe that if you hurt someone (infringe on someone else's rights in any way) you should be punished severely.

I have pointed soft points, blunt soft points, full metal jackets, hollow point and ballistic points. These are all hunting rounds (except for the full jackets of course).

The idea was to reduce serious injuries on non-lethal hits. A head shot is a head shot, regardless of what type of projectile is used. Same goes for hitting any vital organ, like the heart. But take a bullet in the leg or arm. In that situation the guy hit with a 180-220 grain .308 round is going to have a different quality of life after the war is over depending on the projectile design. A full jacket would just punch a 1/3 inch hole cleanly through, where a hollow point, ballistic tip or soft point would smash the bones, rip flesh and maybe even remove a limb altogether. :o

Yeah, in most cases the full jacket is more humane. :lol:

You can buy all kinds of ammo in the US. And I think you should have the right to buy whatever you like. Of course, I also believe that if you hurt someone (infringe on someone else's rights in any way) you should be punished severely.

I have pointed soft points, blunt soft points, full metal jackets, hollow point and ballistic points. These are all hunting rounds (except for the full jackets of course).

They couldn't override national legislation, at least not here in Romania.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, in most cases the full jacket is more humane. :lol:

Unless it comes from an AK-47 variant.  I read once about a guy who was shot in the chest with an AK-47.  The bullet did as they tend to do from that weapon: found a bone and started traveling all over the place.  Came out his knee.  Dunno if the guy lived or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Odd the talk went form suicide to guns.  Some would consider that NOT a good sign, lol.

AKM, a lot depends upon range there too.  That AK isn't going to bounce around like that at a close range hit.  Now a 22 pistol was the preferred execution weapon for the mob for a long time because when a vicitm was shot point blank in the head, the round would bounce around inside their skull and scramble their brains.  No surviving that.  On a related note, the M16's round is supposed to tumble when it hits a body.

As far as various types of ammo being legal.  Brass is considered as Armor Piecing and is illegal at least in California.  Lead also recently got regulated to hell on environmental grounds here.  And hollow point ammo vs jacketed...  Hollow point is expected to be used in home defense situations as it's less likely to go through walls and injure others if you miss.  THAT of course is if you can even get a firearm in the People's Republic of California, or the ammo for it now.

Side issue aside (lol), nothing wrong with being a bit "anti-social" Frank.  That's one of those broad, overly-applied labels that psychiatrists and big pharma like to apply to people.  By ALL means take it seriously if you ever feel the urge to hurt yourself or somebody else.  Get professional help at that point.  Otherwise you've already gotten some good advice to improve things for yourself.  Proper sleep, nutrition and a bit of sunshine and exercise alone can make a huge difference.

Considering you tried to off yourself in the past, I'd say you need to go see a good doctor as soon as possible and get some quality pills to deal with this. The longer you delay treatment of depression, the less interest you have to actually be rid of it and then, well...you know. Nobody wants to see that happen.

Also, I'd like to point out that LL probably isn't the best place to get emotional healing from, unless you want to vent about the nexus or something.

Damn, I guess I did.

Well on the bright side if you're an anxiety type of anti-social, beta blockers are proven incredible time and again, whereas is you're simply the type that hates people, much like myself, having a very small group or even a single good friend, can go a long way.

iv heard that vin diessel thought once when he was like u 28 yrs old that his life is pile of shit,but look at him now, iv read somwhere that there are 6 types of depression some of them are very easy to heal from,maybe you need some cash and long night, with good looking bitch ;D just kidding, i was into getting depression once, i avoided it with sports and intresting books , maybe that could help you out one way or another,dont let this shit to grab u

Since this is the off topic section,I figure this is prolly the best place for this.

I'm 28, going on 29 in a few months. I find I'm becoming less and less motivated in general. I'm becoming more antisocial and finding I'm less (but not completely) emotionally responsive. I know it's classic signs of depression, but can depression feel different? Some context, I've been heavily depressed before. To the point of I attempted suicide with a .45 hollow point when I was 17. The round was defective, obviously, but I managed to get better after that. I tell you that not because I want pity, but to provide evidence that I know what major depression feels like. Even after all these years, I still remember how that felt, and it's not a road I'm eager to go down again.

This feels different tho. I don't feel lethargic, I'm not constantly dead inside. I actually feel probably the most content I've felt in a long time. It's just that I don't have any ambition or motivation for much anymore. Even video games, my one constant bastion of interest has begun to fade. It's just a sort of boredom that seems to permeate everything. And I know it's adversely affecting the relationships I have with friends and family, but honestly? I don't really give a shit.

So I ask again, is it possible that depression can feel different from a previous episode, or is this something else? Because if it is depression, I'd very much like to nip this shit in the bud before it gets bad again.

I experience that in such moments I have to break the cycle of what I do. I get a hobby, or stop gaming for a while, cut off friends who selfishly drag me into issues or head out to make some more friends. It takes effort, I have to push myself because I feel a strong sense of apathy then also, but I know where it heads to if I don't break the cycle which is worse. So it's tiring at first, but it delivers benefits when you do try and change your routine, it often makes you feel refreshed.

• 2 weeks later...

Side issue aside (lol), nothing wrong with being a bit "anti-social" Frank.  That's one of those broad, overly-applied labels that psychiatrists and big pharma like to apply to people.  By ALL means take it seriously if you ever feel the urge to hurt yourself or somebody else.  Get professional help at that point.  Otherwise you've already gotten some good advice to improve things for yourself.  Proper sleep, nutrition and a bit of sunshine and exercise alone can make a huge difference.

Sleep and nutrition I can (and am already) doing. Exercise can eat the biggest bag of dicks. Thank you, tho.

Damn, I guess I did.

Well on the bright side if you're an anxiety type of anti-social, beta blockers are proven incredible time and again, whereas is you're simply the type that hates people, much like myself, having a very small group or even a single good friend, can go a long way.

Already there. Have a small group of very trusted friends. Will definitely look more into beta-blockers tho, thanks.

iv heard that vin diessel thought once when he was like u 28 yrs old that his life is pile of shit,but look at him now, iv read somwhere that there are 6 types of depression some of them are very easy to heal from,maybe you need some cash and long night, with good looking bitch ;D just kidding, i was into getting depression once, i avoided it with sports and intresting books , maybe that could help you out one way or another,dont let this shit to grab u

Last time I tried to solve negative feelings with sex, it led to major league problems that almost necessitated legal intervention. I'll take the cash tho, if you're offering.

I experience that in such moments I have to break the cycle of what I do. I get a hobby, or stop gaming for a while, cut off friends who selfishly drag me into issues or head out to make some more friends. It takes effort, I have to push myself because I feel a strong sense of apathy then also, but I know where it heads to if I don't break the cycle which is worse. So it's tiring at first, but it delivers benefits when you do try and change your routine, it often makes you feel refreshed.

Thanks for this. This I can relate to a lot. It just "feels" right, right now. 

Guest endgameaddiction

Solitude can be a lonely path. As long as you can accept it and control it, you can live happy. I've been there for many years.

If you do isolate yourself, prepare for people to start criticizing you. People seem to think it's abnormal to be lonely. I think it can be peaceful.

i felt the same was as you once, when i turned like 14, i felt like i couldn't be bothered to do anything because there was no point

then around 16-17 i turned into a guy who hates everyone wishes he could dropkick little children and make fun of people who died or family member died

and laugh at anything that involves sadness

because sympathy sadness and hope, are just a waste of time and emotions.

no one wants to feel sad or guilty everyone wants to be happy so why not just delete the guilt and sadness and make fun out of every single situation

heck i laughed my ass off when my cousin broke both of his legs and called him Jimmy No-legs for his whole life.

once i went to hospital because someone i knew was having a baby, i called every baby i saw names like big-head and slimy-face.

forget them, when i was bullied at school i just made fun of myself too, they got bored at bullying me because i would laugh with them and they saw no point in it anymore.

just so fun making fun out of everything i almost forgot how to feel these terrible emotions

but that's me i was born with a evil sense of humor.

Again, thanks to everyone who gave enough of a shit to help or give advice.

Just to re-iterate: I have been professionally diagnosed and am not clinically depressed. I am just an anti-social loser, which I am perfectly ok with.

I don't think its worth paying too much attention to professional diagnoses. If you got one then there would probably be an implied 'treatment'. If that didn't work you'd either get another treatment and/or another diagnosis. I think drugs and/or psychology only help people that believe they help. I think only you can figure out some workaround.

Personally I obsess over something that lets me feel I am achieving something, (fallout modding amongst other things). I've found that much more helpful than years of medical experience.

Having said that, from personal experience, beta blockers and valium are more helpful for social anxiety than some alternatives.

Just take this as random comments since I can somewhat relate to your posts. Good luck.