How Do I Make The Boobs Hang Less?

bomimo

I've been roaming around here for nigh on two days now and there is just a total lack of coherent and in depth tutorials. Everything is written with an assumption that one is already in the know. but since i got this far now, i've got one final issue.

I'm using the newest release with XML for begginners with less bounce. What i really need is for the breasts not to hang so low and be more perky. can anyone give me a quick but precise rundown on what settings i need to change in JFF to address this? I can't find any useable documentation for that otherwise useful tool, but a short explanation of like 4 options.

So far i've tried gravity, prebreast, breasts and some stuff in constraints too. but i just can't find heads or tails here. so a kind sould with knowledge would be amazing.

To note, i've got the correct set-up of CBBE with special xp32 skeleton and that replacement to remove torpedoboobs. That's not what this is, it's just them kinda sagging and going flat when running, as if the poor woman had a nipple-piercing with giant weights on them.

Here's my current file for reference: hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

I actually asked pretty much the same question some time ago and got this nice answer:

Not sure if this is the correct topic to ask this, but does the .xml's Mass setting affect the shape of breasts? As in higher mass causing more "sagging" or does it only affect how the breasts move?

Multiple parameters effect how much the breast sags.

Their all inter-related.

Your Mass + Constraint limits + Gravity + Inertia Tensors are the factors which effect sagginess of breasts in idle position

There's also other things ( overall it's sorta complicated) but the above stuff are mainly what effects those attributes.

So basically mass and gravity are your best friends when tuning the hanging. It's a bit difficult to tune while trying to preserve the bouncing as gravity and especially mass also have major effect on all movement. I hate the low hanging breasts myself and struggled with the tuning until I said screw it and switched to Sevenbase body and Utokr's xml. Never looked back, perfect body right out of the box with that set. Heh, my very first "artistic" screenshot just for you :P

post-72986-0-19952300-1399157617_thumb.jpg

What does Inertia tensors do? Sounds like it's relevant to movement.

How does one tune the constraint limits? I mean, that sentence he gave you is a gold nugget, but the sad truth is that newbies like us don't have a reference scale to meassure the numbers against.

For example, i've no idea what the difference between Inertia at 10 and 70 is or the difference between constraints of 0 to 10 or -10 at all. Even experimenting with them, i don't get a tangible understanding of what they specifically do and how to work the scale.

What does Inertia tensors do? Sounds like it's relevant to movement.

How does one tune the constraint limits? I mean, that sentence he gave you is a gold nugget, but the sad truth is that newbies like us don't have a reference scale to meassure the numbers against.

For example, i've no idea what the difference between Inertia at 10 and 70 is or the difference between constraints of 0 to 10 or -10 at all. Even experimenting with them, i don't get a tangible understanding of what they specifically do and how to work the scale.

If you do some light searching, you can find all the answers your looking for.

Yea, you need to dig for them because no one has written 'em all down somewhere.

And yes, this isn't a 'simple' fix. Physics/animation stuff in modding is rarely 'simple' or easy.

All that being said, the entry level for newbies is VASTLY easier then when I started (like 3 months ago?) plenty of knowledgeable people guides/posts have shown up.

I had tried to setup a thread for good tutorials and centralizing all the details of HDT modding and stuff over here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28435-unofficial-hdt-physics-extension-tutorials-under-construction/

However, I get busy working on my other main project and also get side0tracked by my other projects occasionally.

I do hope however to come back and finish that guide thread I linked before I retire from modding. So I should get around to updating/completing that guide as my next main project within a month or 2.

Now see THAT is a thread that's a POT of gold and needs to be stickied or at the very least linked from the stickied tutorials OP.

Is it possible for you to explain to me what Pivots in Pre-preast do? specifically B - Z?

Oh and how to view the skeleton so i know what i'm changing. adding that to the guide would make exploring on ones own much easier.

Also, let's say they're a bit... cone shaped. What variables would reign them in?

Putting the weight at 0.25 solves the hanging and flattening issue. now they behave like water balloons. but after 2 days of this, i'm leaving it and not spending a second more on this until there's a public release. Kudos to the people mapping this out, but that's not for me.

I've been roaming around here for nigh on two days now and there is just a total lack of coherent and in depth tutorials. Everything is written with an assumption that one is already in the know.

First of all, this is not true. The docs I wrote are 1) basic 2) working because I'm tired as fuck of shitty instructions. I wrote them specifically and exactly based on user feedback and my own need to make it so that there's no question about how it's supposed to work. I have literally spent hours writing and rewriting the basic docs for setup and made no assumptions of the reader at all. I define acronyms, hilite terms and clearly give step by numbered step. Compare threads to any major skyrim mod. When you see a reply "Use the search! That's been answered a million times!" it's the hallmark of docs that need some attention... If a question has been asked a million times, then it should be in the docs. 

Anything beyond my docs, I cannot speak to, but they all seem to be based on my originals. In other words, if you get it working from my first tutorials, you should be able to follow the others. 

Overreaction on my part? Probably. But I'm not going to let anyone tell me my docs suck.

Now: all that being said:

what part of the docs are unclear?

what you want is Constraints > NPC L Breast (dbl click) > Constraints Settings > Joint tab.

These fields position the bone. The mesh is weighted to the bone, so  this won't just take a bunch of polygons and shift them in a direction, it moves the bone, and the weight painting controls where the mesh goes relative to the bone. Try it. it'll look great.

Putting the weight at 0.25 solves the hanging and flattening issue.

What Weight? There are a couple of W fields buried in there somewhere, but there is no Weight field in JFF.

I've been roaming around here for nigh on two days now and there is just a total lack of coherent and in depth tutorials. Everything is written with an assumption that one is already in the know. but since i got this far now, i've got one final issue.

I'm using the newest release with XML for begginners with less bounce. What i really need is for the breasts not to hang so low and be more perky. can anyone give me a quick but precise rundown on what settings i need to change in JFF to address this? I can't find any useable documentation for that otherwise useful tool, but a short explanation of like 4 options.

So far i've tried gravity, prebreast, breasts and some stuff in constraints too. but i just can't find heads or tails here. so a kind sould with knowledge would be amazing.

To note, i've got the correct set-up of CBBE with special xp32 skeleton and that replacement to remove torpedoboobs. That's not what this is, it's just them kinda sagging and going flat when running, as if the poor woman had a nipple-piercing with giant weights on them.

Here's my current file for reference: attachicon.gifhdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

Look here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28922-hdt-breast-physic-and-collision-for-sevenbase-unpunpb-cbbe-and-topmodel/page-6?do=findComment&comment=769710

Archived