Devious Skyrim - outdated - see new pinned thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 8:41 PM, comorito said:

Hey I have big problem with straitjacket. Breast and butt are weirdly stretched (chest go thru back while croutching). any help?

20190829201507_1.jpg

20190829201451_1.jpg

20190829201438_1.jpg

modds.png

Something is overriding your skeleton (see the red minus on xp32 maximum skeleton). Scroll to the right, double right click the priority number and enter "333333", press enter and it will be set to the highest priority. Run FNIS again.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, if not, if someone would kindly direct me to that place, I gladly go.

I have installed a few of these into Mod Organizer, and I always get the same result. 

The latest attempt involved a completely fresh install of the game, FNIS, SKSE, MO, everything.  All files removed before reinstalling.

I downloaded and then installed the following mods:

Deviously Cursed Loot

S_L_U_T

Angrim Apprentice

Devious Devices

Deviously Enslaved

Deviously Helpless

Devious Captures

I installed more than this, but the thing all these particular ones have in common, is that immediately upon activiation, I get little red triangles.  The MO won't tell me what's wrong with them, but if I leave even any one of them active, I get CTD at the Bethesda Logo.

Current Load Order:

Spoiler

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

ZaZAnimationsPack.esm

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

SexLab.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

Skyrim - Utility Mod.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp

Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

SimpleSlavery.esp

S_L_U_T_S.esp

AngrimApprentice.esp

RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SOS - Shop.esp

Devious Devices - Equip.esp

Deviously Enslaved.esp

DeviouslyHelpless.esp

LPBards.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

XPMSE.esp

SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp

SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp

SexLabDefeat.esp

mslDeviousCaptures.esp

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp

SLALAnimObj.esp

mmpiercingparts1.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin..esp

SkyUI.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp

* I do have NetImmerse Override v3.4, it is marked as active, but is not listed in the plugins list, along with a mini dresses mod.

This was the whole reason I did a clean install.  It was the same exact problem I was getting before.  I have been unable to locate a solution in the various forums I searched in.  Don't know if it's related, but my FNIS also keeps insisting Creature Pack is not installed, regardless of where I put the Creature Pack files.  This is a reduced list.  Prior to uninstalling, I had approximately 105 active mods, which gave me zero issues, until Devious....it works for others, but I am at a complete loss of what I am doing wrong.  I even tried redoing everything using NMM, and I even tried doing it all manually (which was an unmitigated disaster!).

Hope this is the right place for this, and appreciate any help on this issue, and/or directions as to where to get the help.  Thank ya!

19 minutes ago, emsqueek said:

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, if not, if someone would kindly direct me to that place, I gladly go.

I have installed a few of these into Mod Organizer, and I always get the same result. 

The latest attempt involved a completely fresh install of the game, FNIS, SKSE, MO, everything.  All files removed before reinstalling.

I downloaded and then installed the following mods:

Deviously Cursed Loot

S_L_U_T

Angrim Apprentice

Devious Devices

Deviously Enslaved

Deviously Helpless

Devious Captures

I installed more than this, but the thing all these particular ones have in common, is that immediately upon activiation, I get little red triangles.  The MO won't tell me what's wrong with them, but if I leave even any one of them active, I get CTD at the Bethesda Logo.

Current Load Order:

Reveal hidden contents

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

ZaZAnimationsPack.esm

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

SexLab.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

Skyrim - Utility Mod.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp

Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

SimpleSlavery.esp

S_L_U_T_S.esp

AngrimApprentice.esp

RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SOS - Shop.esp

Devious Devices - Equip.esp

Deviously Enslaved.esp

DeviouslyHelpless.esp

LPBards.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

XPMSE.esp

SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp

SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp

SexLabDefeat.esp

mslDeviousCaptures.esp

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp

SLALAnimObj.esp

mmpiercingparts1.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin..esp

SkyUI.esp

Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp

* I do have NetImmerse Override v3.4, it is marked as active, but is not listed in the plugins list, along with a mini dresses mod.

This was the whole reason I did a clean install.  It was the same exact problem I was getting before.  I have been unable to locate a solution in the various forums I searched in.  Don't know if it's related, but my FNIS also keeps insisting Creature Pack is not installed, regardless of where I put the Creature Pack files.  This is a reduced list.  Prior to uninstalling, I had approximately 105 active mods, which gave me zero issues, until Devious....it works for others, but I am at a complete loss of what I am doing wrong.  I even tried redoing everything using NMM, and I even tried doing it all manually (which was an unmitigated disaster!).

Hope this is the right place for this, and appreciate any help on this issue, and/or directions as to where to get the help.  Thank ya!

In MO, you should be able to see what's wrong with a red-triangle mod if you hover your mouse pointer over its esp or esm in the right hand window. That should tell you which master files you're missing. Looking through the load order you included, I see no Devious Devices Assets, Integration or Expansion esms. These are all required masters of most of the devious mods you have installed, and will need to be properly installed and activated to use other devious plugins, otherwise you will get the ctds you've described at the logo screen. Assets and Integration are always required, and many plugins also require Expansion as well.

Links to those three are in the Devious Essentials section of the opening post.

On 10/10/2019 at 7:39 AM, merManc said:

In MO, you should be able to see what's wrong with a red-triangle mod if you hover your mouse pointer over its esp or esm in the right hand window. That should tell you which master files you're missing. Looking through the load order you included, I see no Devious Devices Assets, Integration or Expansion esms. These are all required masters of most of the devious mods you have installed, and will need to be properly installed and activated to use other devious plugins, otherwise you will get the ctds you've described at the logo screen. Assets and Integration are always required, and many plugins also require Expansion as well.

Links to those three are in the Devious Essentials section of the opening post.

So sorry it took so long to get back to you!  Yes, I had those 3 before, but hovering over the red triangle just popped up a little box with the name of the file, and that was it.  

Guessing I simply forgot to reinstall those.  Also guessing the reinstall fixed that, after I reinstalled those 3, that is working now...it just immediately led to a whole slew of other issues that I've been working on this whole time.  Kind of like trying to cut open and flatten a balloon here.

Thank you for your help!

• 4 weeks later...

Question:

Is there a mod that controls the slow down effect of Devious Boots or ankle shackles/cuffs? 

And if not, can this be done via Tes5Edit? Or would it also be a script change? :(

NMV me lol,

just found my answer one post above. Reminded me of SL Disparity and see, it has the function lol!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with wig colors and DD. I would ask about this in one of the main threads, but I'm having trouble isolating WHICH base mod is causing the issue, let alone HOW. All I know is as soon as I add the three main DD esms to my load order, every save created thereafter has this problem.

The issue I'm having is NOT being unable to wear wigs. I've set the hider slot to "None" and I CAN equip them just fine.

Instead, on loading a save that has DD activated, my wig changes color; say my character's hair is brown and she's wearing a blonde wig when I save. Next time I load that save, it changes the blonde wig to her brown hair color that was set in RaceMenu. Unequipping and re-equipping the wig changes it back to the right color, but it's a rather annoying workaround that I have to do every time I load.

Has anyone else had this issue and worked out a fix?? I wouldn't mind not using DD, but some mods I really like require it...

6 hours ago, ShenGo said:

All I know is as soon as I add the three main DD esms to my load order, every save created thereafter has this problem.

I take it you added the three DD .esm's to an existing playthrough? In that case, the simple fact that this has re-ordered the index of your load order can (and is likely to) cause issues. Safe modding practices for Skyrim recommend that you don't ever change your load order during a playthrough. The only thing you can really safely do is add new mods to the very end of the load order, but that of course doesn't work with .esm's.

To verify if this is or isn't the problem in your case, I recommend starting a new (test) game with your current load order and DD installed and check if that allows you to use the wigs without issues.

6 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

I take it you added the three DD .esm's to an existing playthrough? In that case, the simple fact that this has re-ordered the index of your load order can (and is likely to) cause issues. Safe modding practices for Skyrim recommend that you don't ever change your load order during a playthrough. The only thing you can really safely do is add new mods to the very end of the load order, but that of course doesn't work with .esm's.

To verify if this is or isn't the problem in your case, I recommend starting a new (test) game with your current load order and DD installed and check if that allows you to use the wigs without issues.

I actually started my game using this guide: 

So I first enabled only cosmetic mods required to make my character, and Alternate Start. Created her, saved, then enabled non SL mods, saved, then enabled SL, DD, Zaz, Creature Framework. At that point, I still hadn't started playing, and was still in the abandoned prison, and the wig color issues were already starting.

I've heard of not removing mods mid playthrough, but never heard not to add them? When I don't follow the instructions above and install all mods in one go, then I get issues like MCM menus (even for ESMs such as Aroused) never showing up even if I let the game sit for an hour.

Okay, I re-enabled DD (then re-ran FNIS and rebuilt my bashed patch), started a new Alternate Start game and let it sit for half an hour. I then set DD's hider to none, equipped a wig, saved and quit. When I reloaded, the wig changed color. 

Edit: I'm a but confused by the whole 'never change load order' concept? What about mods that you shouldn't enable at the start of a new game even with Alternate Start, but can't go at the end of your load order? For example, Familiar Faces, if I activate it at the beginning of my game, it gives permission errors as soon as I finish the Unbound quest (even with Alternate Start). If I activate it after the Unbound quest, I get no errors and it runs fine, but it shouldn't be after Alternate Start and bashed patch in my load order, so what do I do about such mods?

Update:

I tried it on a minimally modded, new game (no mods added after starting the game). Only my wigs+requirements, and DD+requirements installed (and things like FNIS, RaceMenu, FISS, etc).

I created a female vanilla Nord with dark brown hair. Went to Sexlab's MCM and installed it (to make sure DD was working), then set DD's hider slot to none and equipped a red wig.

I then saved, quit to desktop, then ran Skyrim again and loaded that save. It took a few minutes, but eventually, I heard an equip/unequip sound, then the red wig turned dark brown. Every save after that, the wig changes color within seconds. Here is my load order (I ran LOOT, but not sure if the order is right. However, every other order I've tried (for example, having all three DD msns together without Aroused in between) has the same effect):

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
SexLab.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp
LycHairstyler.esp
FISS.esp
SkyUI.esp
UIExtensions.esp
FNIS.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Any suggestions?

21 hours ago, ShenGo said:

Edit: I'm a but confused by the whole 'never change load order' concept? What about mods that you shouldn't enable at the start of a new game even with Alternate Start, but can't go at the end of your load order?

Any suggestions?

Sorry, no, I'm afraid I can't tell you more. To be honest, I didn't even know DeepBlueFrog's guide even existed -- and yes, it obviously conflicts with the advice I've been following thus far. I have no idea which one might be better suited for your specific load order, all I know is that I've had only good experiences with "my" approach, I haven't had a single playthrough get corrupted since I started following that "don't change anything" advice. Then again, I'm not using any mods that can't be in the LO right from the first start, and I'm not using Alt. Start but Unbound (no idea if that makes a difference).

If the loadorder (or its resorting) isn't the issue, then I guess you're looking at some random conflict or maybe even incompatibility. DD does many things that Skyrim's creators probably didn't have in mind when they coded the game. :wacko: Maybe Tes5Edit conflict filtering can help, if it's something in the plugins and not something scripted, or maybe MatorSmash can help, too (which I'd recommend using anyway over Wrye Bash or Merged Patches as it's more thorough in finding and fixing conflicts).

22 hours ago, ShenGo said:

Edit: I'm a but confused by the whole 'never change load order' concept? What about mods that you shouldn't enable at the start of a new game even with Alternate Start, but can't go at the end of your load order? For example, Familiar Faces, if I activate it at the beginning of my game, it gives permission errors as soon as I finish the Unbound quest (even with Alternate Start). If I activate it after the Unbound quest, I get no errors and it runs fine, but it shouldn't be after Alternate Start and bashed patch in my load order, so what do I do about such mods?

I will be blunt for a change: My experience is that the "install the mod later" stuff is bogus.

There might be some mods out there that can have issues, but I didn't had any in the last two years, and mods that have issues aren't LAL compatible or broken.

Normally if a mod doesn't work right away in LAL after a few save/reload cycles the issue lies somewhere else.

For example missing patches, wrong LO, defect mods, missing requirements, SL not started first, no save/load cycle to let the mods update or register.

I install all mods I want in a LO right from the beginning including DBF's mods.

Then I let them all load in LAL:

> new game

> wait for all mods to load

> start SLF and activate creatures in SLF

> save/reload

> wait till all mods update or load (wait a bit longer for Estrus+)

> register SLAL Packs

> save/reload

> wait till all mods update or load (HDT sextoys now)

> make a base save (keep it in case you need to fall back or you need to load an early save)

> do all the MCM manipulations or just enter tamriel via LAL options

> if you do the "all MCM manipulation madness" on a new game  make a 2nd base after MCM manipulation and save and keep it.

I only add mods later at the end of the LO or exchange them if esp or in case of esm I exchange a esm mod or use placeholder esm to add mods later (Outfit mods are great for that).

You can change mod Load Order later on, but not all mods will react to that well, so don't do that mindless.

I see you have a bashed patch. In that early LO building stage you don't need it yet.

You would have to rebuild it every time you change something on the LO above it.

I never tried familiar Faces, but you could try this as alternative start:

>https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/99794?tab=files

it's like LAL, means provides a cell to load all mods, but also allows all mod quests to start right away, while doing only minimal changes to the vanilla quest to circumvent the helgen vanilla start

> for testing move familiar faces below the bashed patch

also you can have mods below the bashed patch without issue, but be aware that the will win over any changes bashed patch makes.

This can be useful for example for multiple vanilla armor/weapon/NPC replacers you only want to partially win conflicts in LO.

11 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I only add mods later at the end of the LO or in case of esm I exchange a mod or use placeholder esm to add mods later.

I happily add mods to a running game without clean save for years now. 95% of them work with zero issues.

The problem is just to identify the 5% of them who dont work well on a running game (or even a clean save). 

Often scripts just dont work, so individual functions of said mod might fail.

Installing them and then starting a new game mostly solves that.

On the other hand, I dont really believe in Clean Saves lol. I made the lengthy process and still mod updates fail.

So I usually make only test profiles and then build up a big new profile where I then start a NEW GAME and dont change stuff anymore.

That is why I recommend MO2. It is quite perfect for that kind of approach. 0

35 minutes ago, Nymra said:

I happily add mods to a running game without clean save for years now. 95% of them work with zero issues.

The problem is just to identify the 5% of them who dont work well on a running game (or even a clean save). 

Often scripts just dont work, so individual functions of said mod might fail.

Installing them and then starting a new game mostly solves that.

On the other hand, I dont really believe in Clean Saves lol. I made the lengthy process and still mod updates fail.

So I usually make only test profiles and then build up a big new profile where I then start a NEW GAME and dont change stuff anymore.

That is why I recommend MO2. It is quite perfect for that kind of approach. 0

at least I know now why you report so many mods that seem to not work correctly ?

32 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

at least I know now why you report so many mods that seem to not work correctly ?

hahah. 
well. most of them really dont.

The mods that did not work on a running game recently were Beeing a doggy and NDUN. I cannot remember any other mod in the last months that did not work that way.

6 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I will be blunt for a change: My experience is that the "install the mod later" stuff is bogus.

There might be some mods out there that can have issues, but I didn't had any in the last two years, and mods that have issues aren't LAL compatible or broken.

Normally if a mod doesn't work right away in LAL after a few save/reload cycles the issue lies somewhere else.

For example missing patches, wrong LO, defect mods, missing requirements, SL not started first, no save/load cycle to let the mods update or register.

I install all mods I want in a LO right from the beginning including DBF's mods.

Then I let them all load in LAL:

> new game

> wait for all mods to load

> start SLF and activate creatures in SLF

> save/reload

> wait till all mods update or load (wait a bit longer for Estrus+)

> register SLAL Packs

> save/reload

> wait till all mods update or load (HDT sextoys now)

> make a base save

> do all the MCM manipulations or just enter tamriel via LAL options

I only add mods later at the end of the LO or in case of esm I exchange a mod or use placeholder esm to add mods later.

I appreciate the help from both of you, and will try a new game that way again soon. :) I've seen Mator Smash, and been meaning to try replacing my Bashed Patch with it, I'm just nervous about making the change. Wrye Bash is pretty straight forward, this one seems to require more user judgement, and I'm worried a wrong move will cause problems.

Unfortunately, even with a minimally modded game and no changes to my load order, DD still changes the color of my character's wig every time I load a save with it activated. :( I can't seem to narrow it down to a conflict, with so few mods installed; I was hoping it was something I could correct with the MCM or maybe the Creation Kit.

21 minutes ago, ShenGo said:

Unfortunately, even with a minimally modded game and no changes to my load order, DD still changes the color of my character's wig every time I load a save with it activated. :( I can't seem to narrow it down to a conflict, with so few mods installed; I was hoping it was something I could correct with the MCM or maybe the Creation Kit.

I think that comes from the tail plugs that DD uses. I experience them having the wrong hair colors sometimes after loading a game. 

But they also fix themselves eventually. 

9 minutes ago, Nymra said:

I think that comes from the tail plugs that DD uses. I experience them having the wrong hair colors sometimes after loading a game. 

But they also fix themselves eventually. 

I think I'm having the opposite problem. My wigs have the color the wigs are meant to have when they first load, but after a few seconds, they change to match my hair color set in RaceMenu. But that's not what I want, I like the colors the wigs come with, and want them to stay that way.

11 minutes ago, ShenGo said:

I think I'm having the opposite problem. My wigs have the color the wigs are meant to have when they first load, but after a few seconds, they change to match my hair color set in RaceMenu. But that's not what I want, I like the colors the wigs come with, and want them to stay that way.

hmm, just a guess but I think that is just exactly what DD is doing with the tail plugs. But its been a while since I checked. 

I think u tested it with DD not beeing installed, right?

Sadly I dont know of a way to prevent this from happening.