Need Help : The Best Proper Install Of Hdt/collision And Female Mods (Cbbe Etc.) ?

ShayingSun

(Sorry for my english, I'm French)
(EDIT : hum, no links allowed ?... I change my text with titles of topics/mods)

(EDIT 2 : the forum didn't want my topic unless "raw", so I edit it gradually)

(EDIT 3 : links and layout)

--------

Hi everybody :) I'm a new one here !

First of all, I want to thank this community for helping people to have wonderful female character and keeping Skyrim a great game.

I'm writing this post because I have plenty of questions about Skyrim mods. Since several days, I have read and searched, especially on this forum, but more I read and more I'm confused. It seems like there are too many different ways to install things and I'm lost ! So, I apologize if previous topics exist about this problem or if I post mine in a wrong section.

My final purpose is to have beautiful female character and NPC, with more beautiful, feminine, curvy body and movements, with breast and butt physics/gravity (and collision) when naked or dressed. I want to keep vanilla armors/clothers skin.

So, I followed first the method "HOW TO INSTALL HDT ? Step 1 : Click this - An overly-descriptive tutorial" (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28507-how-to-install-hdt-step-1-click-this-an-overly-descriptive-tutorial/) + Sexy idle animation (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53396/?), but I'm confused with the G part "Clothing for CBBE w/ HDT". I don't get it, what am I supposed to do ? By the way, I have problems with breast-hands collision : hands and boobs are melting during sexy animation, but collision works ( ScreenShot5).

mini_801201ScreenShot5.png

In a second time (after uninstall/reinstall of Skyrim) I tried the method described at the 20th post (by Nikyenoh) on the topic "Hand/Breast collision issue" (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/26763-handbreast-collision-issue/?do=findComment&comment=677765) + Sexy idle animation (again), but I hadn't breast collision, so I used HDT Havok Object (found on the topic " HDT Breast for all TBBP Body and Armor" http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22955-hdt-breast-for-all-tbbp-body-and-armor/). Collision works, but my hands doesn't fit perfectly with my boobs (ScreenShot2).

mini_658113ScreenShot2.png

So I tried to fix it with JFF by changing Radius size on the xml file hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP file but it didn't work. (I didn't see any change).

Each time, I used the same main mods (from Nexus or LoversLab) :
• XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended
• CBBE
• HDT (stable or newest)
• Sexy idle animation
• SKSE
I use Nexus Mod Manager to install mods, and BOSS for load order. When required, I install manually mods. (NB : I tried Mod Organizer but I didn't find it intuitive...).

I tried some others things, by changing HDT files, .xml, etc. (found on this forum) but each time I do not understand why ? What do each file do/change ?
That's why I wrote this post : I would like to understand the goal/utility of each component of the "HDT CBBE install". I know it seems boring, and you could find me stupid, but I want to understand, to make things by myself after.

So, here is a list of questions related to methods found on Loverslab forum :
• What is the best between HDT and Dragonfly's TBBP / CHSBHC ?
• Can breast-hands collision + sexy animation work with all breast size ? After seeing a video on youtube, I think so... ("Skyrim HDT breast idle" on Youtube also found on the first page of the topic "Hand/Breast collision issue")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfBZ82pZ0QE
• Is it possible to have both HDT physic and Dragonfly's TBBP feminine movements ? How does it work ?
• Which HDT / xml file is the best ? Or which one I have to use ? I read so many different things and saw several sort of HDT and xml files that I don't know which one I have to use and why.

I also have questions about Bodyslide (concerning the first method I tried) :
• What is the use of "Batch Build option" ?
• Related to CBBE, how do Bodyslide work ? Do I have to make armors/clothes compatible with custom body one by one ?
• Related to the first method, what is the difference between CBBE body and HDT body ? (HDT bodyslide found on the forum thanks to the topic "HOW TO INSTALL HDT ? Step 1 : Click this - An overly-descriptive tutorial")
• I don't clearly understand what is the difference between "Outfits and Body" and "Presets" choices in Bodyslide. What are the consequences / implications ?
• Is it possible to make each Vanilla armor/clothes compatible with HDT and CBBE and physics (and collision ?) without installing custom armors skins like KillerKeos's or ChronoTrigger77's ? Or am I just wrong about the utility of these two mods ?
• At last, can I install a Improved NPC clothing mod (HD textures : "Improved NPC Clothing - High Res" by BaronDavid on Nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2674/?) without conflicts with Bodyslide/others things ?

Extra question : Can I have CBBE body + HD body texture (Nexus : "SG Female Textures Renewal" by Hello Santa http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35267/?) + wet effects (Nexus : " Sporty Sexy Sweat - wet body skin texture" by Xs2reality http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28946/?) without conflicts or neck problem ? What are the links/differences between these mods ?

I really want to understand how does this whole mess work, and at the moment I'm pretty lost x) I'm not a big mod user... The others one I used for Skyrim are the Unofficial Patches and SkyUI.
So, I thank you by advance, this post is a big one and I feel like I'm begging you :-/

I had problems getting the body I use to work with tbbp my final solution was to use 4 different mods in a certain load (installation) order: XPMS skeleton > TBBP animations of dragonfly with butt bounce > HDTxml > HDT Havok Object.  after installing in that order I go to my GenerateFNISforUsers program, check the "skeleton arm fix" box and then update FNIS behavior.  To figure all this out I basically just threw shit at a wall until it stuck.

Heres the DL for the mods I am talking about

hope this helps :)

XPMS 1-92 NMM-BAIN INSTALLER-26800-1-92.7z

The TBBP animation of Dragonfly with butt bounce-34713-.rar

HDTxml (NEED) .rar

HDT Havok Object (NEED) v1.2.7z

all the links are not working for me on your post D:

I can't post links, I wrote this on the top of my post =/ In my initial post, there were all the links but when I would post my text, I had a page with "Sorry you don't have the right to put links" or something.

Hum, I succeed to put some links... 

Anyway, thank you for your answer ! No, I don't use FNIS if I can do things without it :P Nevertheless I could try with it. As I say, my priority is to have a well functionnal game with mods all working, and the "bigger" problem for the moment is with the hand-breast collision.

Hmm, "Clothing for CBBE w/ HDT" huh... well how do i describe it...

There needs to be a curtain "procedure" done to clothing to allow for it to warp in the ways HDT wants t to this process is called "weighing". 

SO for any clothing or armour to respond to HDT it needs to have been "weighted", its a strange process that I still am not sure about doing...

Clothing that works with "BBP" or "TBBP" is "weighted" and allows for movement so use them.

If what confuses you is the bodyslide (i dont blame you tat sits confusing)

Bodyslide is a Piece of software that allows for customisation of bodies and clothes shape's, for example you can make any clothing in bodyslide have larger breasts.

it is not required for you to mess with so you don't need to USE it.

I would suggest finding a clothing/armour replacer that works with cbbe/bodyslide and tbbp or bbp.

Hope that helps.

Basically, I'm using these mods :

• XP 32 Maximum Skeleton Extended (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/676-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/) = XPMS no ?

• Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition CBBE (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2666/?)

• HDT.

So no, I don't use TBBP anymore (this one ? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34713/?) 'cause it seems that with HDT I don't have to use it ? Am I right ?

You would need TBBP animations for the lovely aimations...(strange sentance..)

Install it like this:

1. CBBE - for lovely body

2. TBBP - for lovely animations

3. -i think you need to run FNIS once here to enable the animations-

4. THIS SKELETON - its the xp32 one modified for better HDT

5. HDT

overwriting anything.

i thought the same thing about tbbp and hdt and i tryed them both seperatly and when i tryed them togeather in the load order it worked but i know i also used FNIS (witch helps geting animations working) to update the animations.  also i read that the hdt.xml file was also needed. 

ya the xp skeleton looks right i just use a different one i guess

@skyrimkillmod and @b00marrows : Thanks both of you. I will try all this when Skyrim will be downloaded (I clean my folder and desinstall/reinstall it. Hurry up, Steam !)

So, basically, I need FNIS to be sure that TBBP animations works, that's right ?

Install it like this:

CBBE - for lovely body
TBBP - for lovely animations
-i think you need to run FNIS once here to enable the animations-
THIS SKELETON - its the xp32 one modified for better HDT
HDT

overwriting anything.

If I follow these steps, can I also use some sexy anim' like this ? (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53396/?)

i beleave that xp32 has to be install first and then tbbp after,  you could try doing everything i said but exclude doing FNIS and if that dont work just go ahead and do the FNIS part.

I know FNIS has install instructions with it so it might take you a couple mins to get FNIS working.  lastly if it still dosnt work, when go back to the load order and when u install TBBP and it asks u if u want to overwrite say "yes to mod" and then follow the rest of the steps again

This is what i am Using :

- XP32 Skeletons from LL here.

- CBBE with a HDT Bodyslide preset from here (can't remember the exact topic, sorry ._.)

- HDT

- FNIS ofcourse.

Breas collision is working for me, but the weird thing is that, with the animation from your 1st Post up there, as soon as the first hand gets near the boobs, both of the boobs get "deformed" as if they are 1 Object. Haven't been able to fix that as of now aswell. x_x

i beleave that xp32 has to be install first and then tbbp after,  you could try doing everything i said but exclude doing FNIS and if that dont work just go ahead and do the FNIS part.

I know FNIS has install instructions with it so it might take you a couple mins to get FNIS working.  lastly if it still dosnt work, when go back to the load order and when u install TBBP and it asks u if u want to overwrite say "yes to mod" and then follow the rest of the steps again

In several topics on LL forums, I saw different install orders and it makes me confused. Sometimes people install XP32-XPMS first, sometimes it's Dragonfly's TBBP, sometimes CBBE... I don't get it. Why install order is important, and so, what is the "good" install order ? Does it depend of what the player wants ?

By the way, you say "If you want to overwrite say "yes to mod" ". What is the difference between Yes to All / Yes to Folder / Yes to Mod ? (I'm feeling idiot :s)

the skeleton I linked has a specific file it overwrite's for compatibility/function, so install it like this:

1. CBBE
2. TBBP/Any other animations you wish to use
3. FNIS

3.5. Run FNIS once.
4. The skeleton i linked
5. HDT

This order makes sure no installation problems can occur. 

Here's another version:

0. DON'T USE NMM (You can use MO if you want)

1. Install any TBBP weighted body of your choice (HDT body is a good example...)

2. Install ANY animation you like, I MEAN ANY.

3. Install XPMSE (Groovtama version here on LL)

4. Install HDT skse physics plugins MANUALLY

If you install any mods after this and it asks to overwrite your skeleton, you say NO!

No excuses.

the skeleton I linked has a specific file it overwrite's for compatibility/function, so install it like this:

1. CBBE

2. TBBP/Any other animations you wish to use

3. FNIS

3.5. Run FNIS once.

4. The skeleton i linked

5. HDT

This order makes sure no installation problems can occur. 

Here's another version:

0. DON'T USE NMM (You can use MO if you want)

1. Install any TBBP weighted body of your choice (HDT body is a good example...)

2. Install ANY animation you like, I MEAN ANY.

3. Install XPMSE (Groovtama version here on LL)

4. Install HDT skse physics plugins MANUALLY

If you install any mods after this and it asks to overwrite your skeleton, you say NO!

No excuses.

So, if I'm not wrong, these two methods are pretty similar (except the use of FNIS).

However, blabba, you speak about "any TBBP weighted body (HDT body is a good example)" : so what is the difference between CBBE and HDT body for example, are they both Body replacer ?

+1 for highlighting my name in Orange :D

Difference between CBBE and HDT body is mainly the cleaner and improved animation weights.

The butt jiggle stays in the butt, and doesn't take parts of your thigh with it (something I found visually disturbing)

Also, HDT body is still the only body I know of that supports full legacy TBBP weighting and Belly painting (for preggo/belly collision stuff)

The rest is on the front page of HDT body, like more sliders and stuff.

+1 for highlighting my name in Orange :D

Difference between CBBE and HDT body is mainly the cleaner and improved animation weights.

The butt jiggle stays in the butt, and doesn't take parts of your thigh with it (something I found visually disturbing)

Also, HDT body is still the only body I know of that supports full legacy TBBP weighting and Belly painting (for preggo/belly collision stuff)

The rest is on the front page of HDT body, like more sliders and stuff.

Say no more : I'm convinced by HDT Body ! :D

So I go to page of HDT Body (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/658-hdt-body/), and there are 4 files. I downloaded "HDT Bodyslide 1.4" but... I need Bodyslide 2 to make it work / to use it ?

(For your name in orange : I saw on LL forums these last days that this is your colour ^^)

In several topics on LL forums, I saw different install orders and it makes me confused. Sometimes people install XP32-XPMS first, sometimes it's Dragonfly's TBBP, sometimes CBBE... I don't get it. Why install order is important, and so, what is the "good" install order ? Does it depend of what the player wants ?

By the way, you say "If you want to overwrite say "yes to mod" ". What is the difference between Yes to All / Yes to Folder / Yes to Mod ? (I'm feeling idiot :s)

Install order is important because some of the mods may accomplish the same tasks that a different mod you have installed is allready completeing.  lets say you have a face mod (bellas better females) u want to use and you have a body mod you wana use (cbbe) but the body mod also has a face mod attached to it.  so you install bellas better females last , so it overwrites cbbe's face mod

Archived