3 hours ago, GoldDawn13 said:

alright, bare with me here.. can you explain what you mean by place it in the program?

Place the directory from the file you open with MO (something like"c:/..../mods/Buttplug") in my program (Butthesda).
So the field where is writen "5. Select the mod folder..."

See picture

It should be similair with Vortex.

Check if its here
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrimse\mods

So it should be C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrimse\mods\Butthesda

On 2/14/2021 at 6:17 PM, Mr. private said:

Yes i could add it but i dont have the version myself so i cant test it (i think). The problem is that every exe version needs its own hook mechanism because they are not compatable. I could add support for it but i would have the see if i can play the VR version. An other option is to disable the hooking part, as its only needd for syncronizing the vibrations with the animations (including walking with plugs).

Currently loving V3 from the OP and it works great with SkyrimVR. 

I had another thought about the new Butthesda.  Some programs that require skyrimse.exe will work with skyrimVR if the skyrimVR.exe is copied and simply renamed skyrimse.exe.  This seems to be the case for zmerge and other earlier pre-VR specific program versions.  It got me wondering if the Butthesda would work out of the box for skyrimVR if it was simply pointed to skyrimVR.exe as well.  I would gladly test on skyrimVR if Butthesda was complied to hook into SkyrimVR with all the same code from the SkyrimSE.  It could be a solution with minimal effort to implement.

On 3/8/2021 at 10:27 AM, JayDrizzle said:

Currently loving V3 from the OP and it works great with SkyrimVR. 

I had another thought about the new Butthesda.  Some programs that require skyrimse.exe will work with skyrimVR if the skyrimVR.exe is copied and simply renamed skyrimse.exe.  This seems to be the case for zmerge and other earlier pre-VR specific program versions.  It got me wondering if the Butthesda would work out of the box for skyrimVR if it was simply pointed to skyrimVR.exe as well.  I would gladly test on skyrimVR if Butthesda was complied to hook into SkyrimVR with all the same code from the SkyrimSE.  It could be a solution with minimal effort to implement.

Yes we could try to find the right hooks in the VR version. Did you join the Discord server? If so I could give you some instructions and guidance on how to find the right hooks that i need to make it work for VR version.

If you are right maybe it works out of the box when I include the vr.exe. if not it would be nice if you could help me because I don't own the vr version

So is this version (tried both the one from the main page aswell as the one from your latest post) supposed to only work with the xbox controler or with all supported devices by buttplug.io? Because while buttplug.io is able to find the device I want to use your program is not able to find it as of now, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
It works fine with the xbox controler.

The device comes with its own usb dongle to connect with their program but if buttplug.io's testground can find it your program should aswell as far as I understood it?

Unbenannt-1.png

2 hours ago, Deoxyribonucleic_acid said:

So is this version (tried both the one from the main page aswell as the one from your latest post) supposed to only work with the xbox controler or with all supported devices by buttplug.io? Because while buttplug.io is able to find the device I want to use your program is not able to find it as of now, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
It works fine with the xbox controler.

The device comes with its own usb dongle to connect with their program but if buttplug.io's testground can find it your program should aswell as far as I understood it?

I didnt update buttplug.io api for some time so it might have been outdated (not supporting your toy). I attached a new version with updated api, should be the same as on the webpage.

(I am working on some other parts of the code so this version might be less stable as v0.10, if you have problems let me know)

V0.11.rar

On 3/12/2021 at 4:24 AM, Mr. private said:

I didnt update buttplug.io api for some time so it might have been outdated (not supporting your toy). I attached a new version with updated api, should be the same as on the webpage.

(I am working on some other parts of the code so this version might be less stable as v0.10, if you have problems let me know)

V0.11.rar 3.99 MB · 2 downloads

nice, thank you very much didnt expect such a quick update its finding the toy now

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I finally switched to windows 10 and are reinstalling everything. 

never had a problem on windows 7. In the program it says papyrus location not found. when I select

"C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\Papyrus.0" it says it is the wrong file and it gives an error saying: [ Selecterd "controller rumble.0" inside"..\documents\my games\skyrim\logs\script\user" ]

not sure what this means because there is no folder called "user" in my script folder.

would you know how to fix this?

On 3/26/2021 at 12:02 AM, deviant51 said:

Hey, I finally switched to windows 10 and are reinstalling everything. 

never had a problem on windows 7. In the program it says papyrus location not found. when I select

"C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\Papyrus.0" it says it is the wrong file and it gives an error saying: [ Selecterd "controller rumble.0" inside"..\documents\my games\skyrim\logs\script\user" ]

not sure what this means because there is no folder called "user" in my script folder.

would you know how to fix this?

this is what I have in my skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

my user folder now exists but only has "RNPC_MentalModel.0" inside. I tried copy pasting the "controller rumble.0.txt" from my old windows 7 installation. but that doesn't work. also noticed that my windows 7 version had "sexlabdebug.0 to .4.txt".

those files are also absent.

Edit: I tried the new versions. but it doesn't work with vibrating soulgem plugs when using magic etc

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 1:49 AM, deviant51 said:

this is what I have in my skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

my user folder now exists but only has "RNPC_MentalModel.0" inside. I tried copy pasting the "controller rumble.0.txt" from my old windows 7 installation. but that doesn't work. also noticed that my windows 7 version had "sexlabdebug.0 to .4.txt".

those files are also absent.

Edit: I tried the new versions. but it doesn't work with vibrating soulgem plugs when using magic etc

anyone have a clue?

On 4/13/2021 at 5:01 PM, deviant51 said:

anyone have a clue?

I'm working on the new version and i didnt make the vibrations for most DD events (currently working on exactly that). As for the old version, are you sure the mod is loaded properly? If it does it should create a new file called "controller rumble.0". 

On 4/15/2021 at 4:15 AM, Mr. private said:

I'm working on the new version and i didnt make the vibrations for most DD events (currently working on exactly that). As for the old version, are you sure the mod is loaded properly? If it does it should create a new file called "controller rumble.0". 

Thank you for your answer.
I think so, I did use mod organizer instead of nexus mod manager. but I followed every step and it also shows up in the mcm menu.

If the file should be created when the mod is loaded properly the fault must be on my end. thanks again.

Thanks for posting the code for this in an accessible place. I spent a little time getting up and rolling (and connecting an Arduino over a serial port to see what was possible. There's really a lot of potential here and since I'm already deep into this I thought it might be worth sharing a bit of my process.

//EventFileScanner.cs
									case "vibrate effect start":
										System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("---PRIORITY---");
										System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Devious Device vibrate START" + (float)json.Property("arg"));
										System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("---ENDPRIORITY---");
										float arg = (float)json.Property("arg");
										RunVibrationEventFunScript(json, LookupEventName(arg));
										Notification_Message?.Invoke(this, new StringArg("Deviouse Device vibrate " + arg));
										break;
									case "vibrate effect stop":
										System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("---PRIORITY---");
										System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Devious Device vibrate STOP" + (float)json.Property("arg"));
										System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("---ENDPRIORITY---");
										StopVibrationEvent();
										Notification_Message?.Invoke(this, new StringArg("Deviouse Device vibrate stop " + (float)json.Property("arg")));
										break;

I looked into the DD events for vibration and it looks like the work is 90% of the way.  Using this information I mapped the possible combinations (there are collisions) so that you can lookup what event to play:

/// <summary>
		/// This is loosely based on the logic in DD which makes very little sense. We should try
		/// to patch it to add the argument.
		/// </summary>
		/// <param name="value">float level</param>
		/// <returns></returns>
		public static string LookupEventName(float value)
		{
			//try known values to be more precise...
			string key = value.ToString("0.00");
			int result = -1;
			//If we have it in the dictionary of known "non-collisions" we can accurately guess the value
			if (VIBRATION_LOOKUP.TryGetValue(key, out result))
			{
				value = result;
			}

//Else we use the existing value based on the logic... there's ~ 20 or so unknown conditions
			if(value >= 5)
			{
				return "dd vibrator_verystrong1LP";
			}
			else if (value >= 4)
			{
				return "dd vibrator_strong1LP";
			}
			else if (value >= 3)
			{
				return "dd vibrator_standard1LP";
			}
			else if (value >= 2)
			{
				return "dd vibrator_weak1LP";
			}

return "dd vibrator_veryweak1LP";
		}

It seems like it works from my limited testing, but there might need to be some structural changes. I created a script in node to analyze the sound files and create funscripts for all the vibration patterns. Honestly, they will need some cleanup but it should match what's going on in-game. 

If this looks like some code you could use I am happy to create an actual fork and send some patches via git. I think this method is heading in the right direction from my testing. It looks like Devious Devices sends stop/shock events pretty consistently at the end so these 30-35 second funscripts based on the sound loops work really well. Let me know if any of this is useful. There's a lot of tedious work to be done to make it work with everything, but for some of the core events I think this might be useful.

Again, thanks for sharing the code, this was a fun little side project and should make the game more interesting.

dd_vibration_funscripts.7z

So I tried using the mod for the first time, but it doesn't turn on my hush. It seems like its working as intended. I ran the setup, configured my toy to vibrate for all in game actions, and the event window recognizes which devices I have in game, but my toy doesn't vibrate when I'm having sex, getting hit, or anything.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

7 hours ago, Moonpaw said:

Yeah cool, except it doesnt work on anything below windows 10. whoop di doo

Everything below Windows 10 is out of Microsofts 'Mainstream Support' so shouldn't be actively used. You can run legacy software in a non-network connected VM, but Skyrim is W10 compatible. So time to update? It's still free :P