On 1/25/2021 at 11:50 AM, Mr. private said:

Thinking of it, you did click "Start" button right?

? Yes Sir, I did!

So I just tried it again, just using the Xbox Gamepad, and I even tried a completely fresh, new save file, and still doesn't work for some reason. I turned on the debug like your screenshot and here it shows it's just not engaging for some reason.
I'm having Alvor bang my vag, but it's not being detected, and I'm not sure why.
I'm definitely using the newest version you uploaded and the new .esp that came with it

ScreenShot2.jpg

0.JPG

29 minutes ago, SuperSelena64 said:

? Yes Sir, I did!

So I just tried it again, just using the Xbox Gamepad, and I even tried a completely fresh, new save file, and still doesn't work for some reason. I turned on the debug like your ...

Can you check inside "Butthesda/Funscript" mod folder, and see if there is a file called link.txt.
If the game is running and you started a save, this file should contain some lines of commands. If its empty it might be because the plugin doesnt have write premissions.

3 hours ago, Mr. private said:

Can you check inside "Butthesda/Funscript" mod folder, and see if there is a file called link.txt.
If the game is running and you started a save, this file should contain some lines of commands. If its empty it might be because the plugin doesn't have write permissions.

Yes Sir, and now it's gets even weirder to me...

I checked the link.txt in my mods folder, and like you suspected it was indeed blank.
I checked the link.txt in the folder I originally unpacked your mod into, and the link.txt there was populated! So I thought - maybe it was writing the link.txt in *that* folder for some reason?
So I tried to redirect the butthesda app to that version, and now it's blank in that folder, too. ?

I am so confused...
Why isn't it writing to the link.txt and how can I make it do so?

1.JPG

2.JPG

On 1/27/2021 at 3:15 AM, SuperSelena64 said:

Yes Sir, and now it's gets even weirder to me...

I checked the link.txt in my mods folder, and like you suspected it was indeed blank.
I checked the link.txt in the folder I originally unpacked your mod into, and the link.txt there was populated! So I thought - maybe it was writing the link.txt in *that* folder for some reason?
So I tried to redirect the butthesda app to that version, and now it's blank in that folder, too. ?

I am so confused...
Why isn't it writing to the link.txt and how can I make it do so?

Yes the program cleans the file if skyrim is not running. But it looks like skyrim doesnt want to write to the file for some reason. Could you start the game as admin and see if that fixes the problem (just start MO as admin and skyrim will be launched as admin as well).

11 hours ago, Mr. private said:

Yes the program cleans the file if skyrim is not running. But it looks like skyrim doesn't want to write to the file for some reason. Could you start the game as admin and see if that fixes the problem (just start MO as admin and skyrim will be launched as admin as well).

Yes Sir!

So I just tried launching MO as administrator, and when I hit "run" to launch SKSE, the Butthesda application closes/crashes. Every time.
Whether I launch Butthesda before or after I open MO, I configure the controller to rumble with vaginal penetration, select Skyrim SE, make sure the file path is right, and hit "start" - but when I click "run" in MO, Butthesda dies on me.
Should I try reinstalling Butthesda differently somehow?
I made sure v9 was completely gone before I put the new v10 on, but I could try again?

I *really* appreciate you helping me troubleshoot this.
I'm extremely excited to get this working! ?

First, thank you a lot Mr. private for developing this tool!

15 hours ago, SuperSelena64 said:

So I just tried launching MO as administrator, and when I hit "run" to launch SKSE, the Butthesda application closes/crashes. Every time.

When starting MO/SkyrimSE as administrator, you need to start Butthesda as administrator, too, which solved it for me. (Else, there is an uncatched access denied exception at Memory.cs:127)

57 minutes ago, a1482359 said:

you need to start Butthesda as administrator, too

Okay!
I'm sorry though, I have to ask a dumb question, please forgive me:
But I can't for some reason, and don't know how to fix it.
Running as an Administrator is not available in the right-click context menu, and I can't create a shortcut to force it to always run as administrator either.
What have I done wrong?

1.jpg

2.JPG

I just pressed the Windows key and started typing "Butthesda", and when it appears, I can right click it and choose "Run as administrator". 

Spoiler

image.png.a7621a33b8d668d7f3545d8501760538.png

This probably only works after Butthesda being installed via the setup.exe, so it appears in the start menu. Could you try that?

1 hour ago, a1482359 said:

This probably only works after Butthesda being installed via the setup.exe, so it appears in the start menu. Could you try that?

But I did that!
I even just now tried to uninstall it, and reinstall it, running the setup.exe as administrator, but still no luck
I get this when I type Butthesda into my windows search.
I just don't understaaaaaand ?

Untitled-1.jpg

48 minutes ago, a1482359 said:

Hm, can you type the full name "Butthesda" and select the tab "Apps" instead of "All" at the top of the start menu?

I mean, now it *looks right*, but it won't launch when I select "run as administrator", it just sits there - and if I go directly to the file in the start menu programs, it still doesn't give that as an option in the right-click context menu. ?
Why is this being so hard for me??

Untitled-1.jpg

Okay, that screenshot looks correct. As frustrating as it sounds, can you restart your pc, so all (potentially still running?) instances are closed, and try again?

If this does not work, I don't think, I have any further ideas. :/

Edit: I found a way to get to the Butthesda.exe file and start it as admin.

1. Start Butthesda normally (not as admin)

2. Open Task Manager (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC) and go to tab "Details"

3. Find Butthesda.exe and right click it, then select "Open file location". An explorer window will open with the location of the exe.

Spoiler

image.png.cfa2a335f9aae218f61af89de9abce0f.png

4. Close the running Butthesda application.

5. Now right click the Butthesda.exe and select "run as administrator" (You can also make a shortcut to that exe on your desktop and run it as admin from there).

On 1/29/2021 at 4:35 PM, a1482359 said:

Edit: I found a way to get to the Butthesda.exe file and start it as admin.

I really thought this was going to be it! Because your method successfully allowed me to launch Butthesda as Administrator! But yet again, it didn't work for some reason.
I selected the controller, set it to vaginal penetration, chose the right path, and launched MO as administrator too - but as you can see, nothing is being written to the list.txt, so there's nothing being picked up by butthesda ☹️
I'm having fun testing it out, but now I'm kinda out of ideas for how to make this work! ?

ScreenShot3.jpg

I think the problem you all seem to have is because of a dependency i forgot to mention. You need to have PapyrusUtil which contains MiscUtil.pex, which is used to write data to the link.txt file

2 hours ago, oldestman said:

@Mr. private Where can I find v0.10 ESP for LE?

Sorry did compile it for LE yet be cause it takes so much time to start up this Creation Kit Software. I only really need a few persons who test it really because there seem to be some issues i need to solve first. But i will compile it now if you want. EDIT see file attached!

On 2/1/2021 at 2:52 AM, SuperSelena64 said:

I really thought this was going to be it! Because your method successfully allowed me to launch Butthesda as Administrator! But yet again, it didn't work for some reason.
I selected the controller, set it to vaginal penetration, chose the right path, and launched MO as administrator too - but as you can see, nothing is being written to the list.txt, so there's nothing being picked up by butthesda ☹️
I'm having fun testing it out, but now I'm kinda out of ideas for how to make this work! ?

No need to run the program if Skyrim doesnt read to the file. But you just made me think about how i write stuff to a file. I checked and I am using MiscUtil which is from PapyrusUtil. So you need to download that and it should fix it!

V0.10 with LE.rar

10 hours ago, Mr. private said:

I am using MiscUtil which is from PapyrusUtil. So you need to download that and it should fix it!

I really, really appreciate your patience with me trying to get this running - thank you so much.
I am desperate to make this work, but I am *still* struggling.
Please see my latest screenshot, is there *anything* else I might be missing??

I am running MO and Butthesda as Administrator
I have selected the controller, I have selected vaginal penetration,
I have picked the path to Butthesda that MO uses (right?)
I installed PapyrusUtil and JUST TO BE SAFE, I (tried to) MANUALLY COPY the files to their appropriate directories (I think)
and STILL there appears to be nothing being picked up by the Butthesda program during vaginal sex (or at all)

I even checked silly things, like, making sure the controller rumbles AT ALL by punching a tree to test it.

I really really want this to work ☹️

ScreenShot4.jpg

8 hours ago, SuperSelena64 said:

I really, really appreciate your patience with me trying to get this running - thank you so much.
I am desperate to make this work, but I am *still* struggling.
Please see my latest screenshot, is there *anything* else I might be missing??

I am running MO and Butthesda as Administrator
I have selected the controller, I have selected vaginal penetration,
I have picked the path to Butthesda that MO uses (right?)
I installed PapyrusUtil and JUST TO BE SAFE, I (tried to) MANUALLY COPY the files to their appropriate directories (I think)
and STILL there appears to be nothing being picked up by the Butthesda program during vaginal sex (or at all)

I even checked silly things, like, making sure the controller rumbles AT ALL by punching a tree to test it.

I really really want this to work ☹️

Maybe you could turn on papyrus debugger and send me your papyrus log.

The .PSC files are also source files so they don't do anything, it is the .pex files that you need to have. But I think you already installed them with the papyrusutil mod.

I saw in a previous screenshot that you clicked reinit button, and it seems to find all the vibration files inside rhe Butthesda folder just fine, so the program can read files on your pc that are in the mod folder. So the problem is still that the game doesn't write to link.txt file. Which i hope the Papyrus log could give me some info about.

If you want you can send it to me in PM.

My game did have a pulsing vibration during random vibrator events in DCL, but it stopped working shortly after activating the MCM for Submissive Lola. Submissive Lola seems to have its own vibration function which worked once, but then I quit out of the game, and neither one has worked since. Will this mod fix/replace both of these? I really miss the vibrations, it was great for immersion~

@Mr. private Did some testing.
First was having troubles as Butthesda app was crashing on me after I hit "Start", but then I realized that I'm running Mod Organizer as admin and Butthesda - as normal user.
Once I launched Butthesda as admin - "Start" button worked. 
And I got vibrations on my Lovense Edge during sex scene.
Suggestions:
a) mention that we need to run both Skyrim/MO/mod manager and Butthesda with the same access rights;
b) describe how to launch / where to find Butthesda shortcut after setup (at first, I was clicking on "setup" to launch Butthesda).
My setup: Win 10 laptop with built-in bluetooth (Intel Dual-Band Wireless Bluetooth AC 3160), Skyrim LE, Mod Organizer Classic 1.4, Lovense Edge 1, Butthesda v0.10.
Do you need some further assistance / information?

On 2/4/2021 at 5:51 PM, CD-Alyx said:

My game did have a pulsing vibration during random vibrator events in DCL, but it stopped working shortly after activating the MCM for Submissive Lola. Submissive Lola seems to have its own vibration function which worked once, but then I quit out of the game, and neither one has worked since. Will this mod fix/replace both of these? I really miss the vibrations, it was great for immersion~

Not sure if you where using the current (stable) version on the new version that i am working on (v0.10). If the first then yes, the code is completely rewriten and should be more stable.

20 hours ago, oldestman said:

@Mr. private Did some testing.
First was having troubles as Butthesda app was crashing on me after I hit "Start", but then I realized that I'm running Mod Organizer as admin and Butthesda - as normal user.
Once I launched Butthesda as admin - "Start" button worked. 
And I got vibrations on my Lovense Edge during sex scene.
Suggestions:
a) mention that we need to run both Skyrim/MO/mod manager and Butthesda with the same access rights;
b) describe how to launch / where to find Butthesda shortcut after setup (at first, I was clicking on "setup" to launch Butthesda).
My setup: Win 10 laptop with built-in bluetooth (Intel Dual-Band Wireless Bluetooth AC 3160), Skyrim LE, Mod Organizer Classic 1.4, Lovense Edge 1, Butthesda v0.10.
Do you need some further assistance / information?

Thanks for testing, I answered you on Discord. 
I will look into the suggestions, thanks!

Tested V10 with skyrimVR and it says waiting to start game.  SkyrimVR has PapyrusUtilVR and the xbox controller is detected. I am wondering if the Butthesda.exe is looking to hook into SKyrimSE.exe instead of SkyrimVR.exe?  Would it be possible to add SkyrimVR support like LE and SE?  It sounds like it is possible from post #447 on page 18. Thoughts?

On 2/12/2021 at 2:51 PM, JayDrizzle said:

Tested V10 with skyrimVR and it says waiting to start game.  SkyrimVR has PapyrusUtilVR and the xbox controller is detected. I am wondering if the Butthesda.exe is looking to hook into SKyrimSE.exe instead of SkyrimVR.exe?  Would it be possible to add SkyrimVR support like LE and SE?  It sounds like it is possible from post #447 on page 18. Thoughts?

Yes i could add it but i dont have the version myself so i cant test it (i think). The problem is that every exe version needs its own hook mechanism because they are not compatable. I could add support for it but i would have the see if i can play the VR version. An other option is to disable the hooking part, as its only needd for syncronizing the vibrations with the animations (including walking with plugs).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 6:17 PM, Mr. private said:

Yes i could add it but i dont have the version myself so i cant test it (i think). The problem is that every exe version needs its own hook mechanism because they are not compatable. I could add support for it but i would have the see if i can play the VR version. An other option is to disable the hooking part, as its only needd for syncronizing the vibrations with the animations (including walking with plugs).

I understand but I would also plant a seed.  I had over 1000 hrs in SE before starting VR and it is a whole new game.  Places all seem fresh and also jaw dropping in VR.  I would say a good 90% of mods work in VR that worked in SE.

Anyways I have been using v3 from the OP and it works great with a controller.  I noticed another commenter mentioned that Devious Lore Struggle Events didn't register in the papyrus logs to trigger a vibration.  It got me wondering and a poked around a bit but didn't see anything pop out for adding to your program.  Could there be a way that we could add our own events to the papyrus logs (from devious lore or spank that ass) so it could read an event of our choosing?  The events look like this:

Spoiler

Devious Lore Pick  <event picked goes here... brute struggle or pick struggle etc>

gets updated with

Devious Lore Pick Struggle: Progress

or

_STA_: Spanky: Waited 0 hours

sorry if you already handled this problem with somebody else but I can not get it to read the log. the ui say "if the log location was not found you can select it manually" but you don't explain how to select it manually. I'm guessing once I figure that out I should be able to get this to work but I read through everything multiple times and I do not see an explanation anywhere. also explain like I'm 5, not gonna lie I am a little slow with this sort of thing

On 2/27/2021 at 9:52 AM, GoldDawn13 said:

sorry if you already handled this problem with somebody else but I can not get it to read the log. the ui say "if the log location was not found you can select it manually" but you don't explain how to select it manually. I'm guessing once I figure that out I should be able to get this to work but I read through everything multiple times and I do not see an explanation anywhere. also explain like I'm 5, not gonna lie I am a little slow with this sort of thing

Yes, sorry i might have made it a bit unclear. You basicly need to select the Buttestda mod folder, that you installed with MO. Open MO richt click on the mod and hit "Open in explorer". Then copy the location and place that in the program.

"also explain like I'm 5" you mean like your 75+ :p