16 hours ago, Mr. private said:

I wonder if i should make a mode that can be toggled where vibrations run even if you dont wear plugs?

Well, DD has vibrations on plugs and piercings, so they all should be taken in account. Then, belts, harnesses and bras can provide distractions, which can be interpreted as vibrations with low level.

A suggestion, though - move most configuration onto external program side, into config file, for example. Let mod in game just capture events and transfer them outside for processing.

On 5/25/2018 at 6:47 AM, qdot said:

Creator of Buttplug here. Just lemme know if there's any interest in integration, happy to help out however I can.

12 hours ago, biohazardtr said:

I cant use default game vibrations at the same time can I?

Do you want default game vibrations and use keyboard and mouse or controller?
If the first: It might be possible to do but its not easy because the game doesnt send vibration events when you disable to controller.
If the later: i am not sure if Buttplugio would be able to communicate with the controller if the game is using it. maybe Qdot could tell us? (I currently dont have a controller).
But you could test the demo version I uploaded and see if it works already.

On 11/25/2020 at 8:18 PM, Mr. private said:

If the later: i am not sure if Buttplugio would be able to communicate with the controller if the game is using it. maybe Qdot could tell us? (I currently dont have a controller).
But you could test the demo version I uploaded and see if it works already.

Buttplugio does indeed have a setup for substituting an xinput controller for a vibrator device.  You can even do so with a Dualshock 4 controller using DS4Windows.

1 hour ago, Saviorsrd said:

Buttplugio does indeed have a setup for substituting an xinput controller for a vibrator device.  You can even do so with a Dualshock 4 controller using DS4Windows.

I may be a bit confused, since I haven't used any consoles for gaming in about 3 or 4 years now, but was "DS4" the PS3 or PS4 controller?  I use a PS4 controller (I think they are called "Sixaxis"), but it connects via bluetooth without any 3rd party software required, you simply hold "share" and "PS" button simultaneously until the light flashes rapid pulses indicating it is broadcasting bluetooth beacon signal, then have the PC connect to it. Windows detects it as an "X-Box" compatible bluetooth controller. 

3 hours ago, ChaosZen said:

I may be a bit confused, since I haven't used any consoles for gaming in about 3 or 4 years now, but was "DS4" the PS3 or PS4 controller?  I use a PS4 controller (I think they are called "Sixaxis"), but it connects via bluetooth without any 3rd party software required, you simply hold "share" and "PS" button simultaneously until the light flashes rapid pulses indicating it is broadcasting bluetooth beacon signal, then have the PC connect to it. Windows detects it as an "X-Box" compatible bluetooth controller. 

Most likely what's happening here is that you ARE using third party software - specifically, Steam.  Steam detects the Dualshock 4 (you're definitely not using the Sixaxis controller, which was for the PS3 and had no vibration whatsoever) and will mostly do the same thing as DS4Windows, but it's incomplete and sometimes buggy, plus generally won't work with anything not directly launched through Steam.  With DS4Windows, you get a full emulated X360 controller that is, well, controlled from your DS4, plus an emulated mouse on the touchpad and pretty strong macroing capabilities. 

9 hours ago, Saviorsrd said:

Most likely what's happening here is that you ARE using third party software - specifically, Steam.  Steam detects the Dualshock 4 (you're definitely not using the Sixaxis controller, which was for the PS3 and had no vibration whatsoever) and will mostly do the same thing as DS4Windows, but it's incomplete and sometimes buggy, plus generally won't work with anything not directly launched through Steam.  With DS4Windows, you get a full emulated X360 controller that is, well, controlled from your DS4, plus an emulated mouse on the touchpad and pretty strong macroing capabilities. 

That sounds more accurate than my memory. But I wasn't counting Steam as 3rd party, since it's required to run FO4 in the first place, if purchased through Steam (which at the time of release, was the only available digital copy vender, are there other options now?).  I was thinking that Steam wasn't the one doing the detecting, since I am able to use it the same way in non-Steam games, with the only difference being that I cannot tell if the controller is turned on, because the light bar doesn't illuminate, or is simply a default pale blue then fades to "off" after a few seconds. When Steam is started, it lights up and changes to purple, the color I configured in the Steam controller prefs. 

Before Fallout 4, I used to use a PS3 controller to play modded Skyrim, which did have vibe functions, so long as it was plugged in via USB, but vibe would not work wirelessly. In either case, the PS3 controller did require third party software and the only available software for that purpose was a bit sketchy and had background analytical data collection running in the background, along with who-knows-whatever-else (If I recall, I think it was called something like "BetterDS3" or something similar). 

3 hours ago, ChaosZen said:

That sounds more accurate than my memory. But I wasn't counting Steam as 3rd party, since it's required to run FO4 in the first place, if purchased through Steam (which at the time of release, was the only available digital copy vender, are there other options now?).  I was thinking that Steam wasn't the one doing the detecting, since I am able to use it the same way in non-Steam games, with the only difference being that I cannot tell if the controller is turned on, because the light bar doesn't illuminate, or is simply a default pale blue then fades to "off" after a few seconds. When Steam is started, it lights up and changes to purple, the color I configured in the Steam controller prefs. 

Before Fallout 4, I used to use a PS3 controller to play modded Skyrim, which did have vibe functions, so long as it was plugged in via USB, but vibe would not work wirelessly. In either case, the PS3 controller did require third party software and the only available software for that purpose was a bit sketchy and had background analytical data collection running in the background, along with who-knows-whatever-else (If I recall, I think it was called something like "BetterDS3" or something similar). 

Right, so, now we can get down to it.  There are, in fact, two ways for a controller to talk to modern Windows OS'.  These are D(irect)Input and XInput. 

DInput is from the DirectX...6 suite I want to say?  It dates back to the late 90s, in any event.  The upshot of that is that all the patents have expired, so anyone can make a DInput controller and have Windows theoretically detect it.  The Dualshock 4 (and the SixAxis and Dualshock 3) use DInput, because they don't have to pay Microsoft any money.  But there's a downside - modern games have to code their own handlers to support it, and most don't.  If you turn off Steam and try to use a PS controller with a game without doing anything else, odds are about 90% that it won't work.  Most AAA publishers are getting BETTER about this since they realized this was a market, but it's been slow going.

XInput was developed to go with the XBox 360 and XBox 1.  Put simply, most games only support XInput natively, so you need some way to translate DInput controllers into something they'll pay any attention to.  Steam's controller setup is one way, and it's actually pretty good, but it's limited as above - if you don't launch the program through Steam, Steam doesn't know it should be doing any translating and thus the game may not pick up the controller.

Buttplug.io is, therefore, essentially an XInput-only "game" not from Steam, and thus compatibility through that method can't be assured by the .exe that's running off this mod at the moment.  It might work depending on the specific system, but it probably won't.

There are actually a number of programs that perform the "Virtual controller" function, but I pick DS4Windows specifically because it's open-source (Here's the git if you want to check for trackers yourself) and offers more powerful customization than most of the other options.  When it's running properly, any connected Dualshock 4 (it only works with that one) vanishes from DInput and is mapped to a virtual 360 controller/keyboard/mouse combo that simply talks straight to XInput, allowing it to be picked up by games that don't have any DInput functionality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally managed to start testing, and hit a roadblock with v.0.0.9 - I can't manage to make it link to Intiface server, using insecure websockets on port 12345. Buttplug playground on the web works. So, the question is - how is connection established, and how it can be debugged?

I am really desperate to make this work, but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.
I'm using the SE mod, the Buttthesda application runs, it finds the mod correctly, and detects my controller (or even my We Vibe, which is how I intend to use it), but nothing happens when animations trigger, and I don't know what to change or where I went wrong.
Do I need to have the controller disabled in Skyrim? Is there something I'm missing?

MO.jpg

butt.jpg

Sorry for not posting in such a long time. I was in the middle of a move, which wasnt easy with corona and quarantine XD. I do have internet in my new place now so i can work on this project again when i have some time.

On 1/9/2021 at 6:14 PM, DeWired said:

Finally managed to start testing, and hit a roadblock with v.0.0.9 - I can't manage to make it link to Intiface server, using insecure websockets on port 12345. Buttplug playground

on the web works. So, the question is - how is connection established, and how it can be debugged?

You dont need intiface because its build into the program. Simply select the device in my program.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:28 PM, SuperSelena64 said:

I am really desperate to make this work, but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.
I'm using the SE mod, the Buttthesda application runs, it finds the mod correctly, and detects my controller (or even my We Vibe, which is how I intend to use it), but nothing happens when animations trigger, and I don't know what to change or where I went wrong.
Do I need to have the controller disabled in Skyrim? Is there something I'm missing?

Sorry to say but its not so far that animations play any events yet. This version was more to test if the basic program was working on other pc/skyrim instalations.
The only animation that works is "bleagh female masturbation", and there are some vibrations when using DD plugs (when putting them in or walking with them).

Adding some generic vibrations for all animations would be easy to do, so i think i will do that first so you can start using it.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:52 AM, Mr. private said:

You dont need intiface because its build into the program. Simply select the device in my program.

Emm.. That's the thing - device itself is linked by bluetooth to another PC with Linux, where Intiface desktop is running, and I can get there through ssh tunnel. I totally failed to set up intiface on PC with Skyrim. So, no simple ways for me ?

24 minutes ago, DeWired said:

Emm.. That's the thing - device itself is linked by bluetooth to another PC with Linux, where Intiface desktop is running, and I can get there through ssh tunnel. I totally failed to set up intiface on PC with Skyrim. So, no simple ways for me ?

Just shut it off if it's interfering?  There's nothing to set up on PC using this mod, because the .exe portion contains its' own Intiface server.  As long as you've got Bluetooth on the Windows PC, you're good.

32 minutes ago, Saviorsrd said:

Just shut it off if it's interfering?  There's nothing to set up on PC using this mod, because the .exe portion contains its' own Intiface server.  As long as you've got Bluetooth on the Windows PC, you're good.

I've tried. In screenshot below, Windows has Bluetooth active, and device is paired. But this program don't see it (and Intiface desktop doesn't see it too, so it is definitely intiface engine problem with my installation - win+dongle+device - not this program fault). Same is on Mac OS. But - the same device and dongle does work with Intiface on Linux. This is why I want to use websockets to connect to remote intiface engine. I really like when things work without setup - but for me, they more often don't ?

Spoiler

85247055_btdevices.png.3954709cf1b9d27dc5a59f41c0c9212e.png

On 1/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, Mr. private said:

Adding some generic vibrations for all animations would be easy to do, so i think i will do that first so you can start using it.

That would be incredible!
Just a basic rumble being triggered during sexlab animations is all I wanted. I tried to accomplish this myself, but my skills were not up to the task, but it did lead me here.
I would be immeasurably grateful if you implemented that! Thank you!

On 1/15/2021 at 6:36 PM, SuperSelena64 said:

That would be incredible!
Just a basic rumble being triggered during sexlab animations is all I wanted. I tried to accomplish this myself, but my skills were not up to the task, but it did lead me here.
I would be immeasurably grateful if you implemented that! Thank you!

In the version attached i added a basic vibration when sexlab animations are playing. The vibration is programmed as Viginal-Penetration so make sure you select that in the device config. This version is still a bit buggy, but i thought to send it to you so you can start playing around with it.

V0.10.rar

On 1/20/2021 at 9:05 PM, Mr. private said:

The vibration is programmed as Vaginal-Penetration so make sure you select that in the device config.

Well that's exactly what I wanted to use it for, so that's perfect! Thank you!

I just saw you uploaded this, and I haven't had much time to test it before I need to get to sleep (I work tomorrow).
My save game was near some wolves, so I tested it real fast using the Creatures Framework and Sexlab Defeat, but my bluetoothed WeVibe didn't vibrate. I also tried it in the same scenario but with butthesda set to my xbox controller in case it was a bluetooth issue (unlikely since it was detected by butthesta fine) and that didn't work either.

I am yet to go to a town and test it through prostitution with a human NPC.
I'll let you know if I continue to have issues.
Thank you for this toy to test out though! I really, really appreciate this!

This seems awesome and I'm sure it's just something that I'm missing, but I can't for the life of me get this to work properly. I combed the topic through all posts but I still can't get the vibrations to actually come through except for 1 time where it vibrated for literally every action, walking, jumping etc.

I'll try to give as much info as I can so I'm not just giving a "don't work, how fix" reply lol

Im on special edition, and im using vortex to mod manage. Current workflow is open router, connect toy, open butthesda, detect devices. At this point I only see my controller, so I select it. Configuration in butthesda, check all while trying to get the vibrations to work at all. Point to mod location (installed with vortex). I've tried versions .9 and .10, .9 being the one that worked for a moment with booping sounds when it would detect an action. Hit start, launah game. Once I'm in game I get no vibration responses. 

Details- butthesda shows in debug that it's detecting sex lab and dd, shows that I have plugs, and in debug shows that it's detecting animations and labels like "vibration". 

Router however doesn't show any activity as if it's not making it to router from butthesda. 

Basically I'm not totally sure if v3, v.0.9, or v.10.0 is the one I should be using. Of those I'm not sure which files I should be installing via vortex and which I just extract to a folder to run the butthesda program. And I don't know if I'm doing something wrong by either connecting a controller or if I'm not meant to select butthesda in router. 

Any help would be great as there's not much for a "here's how" as of the recent updates. Sorry if I'm seeing lost but there's just a lot of bridging between programs and I'm not exactly the best at modding. 

On 1/20/2021 at 9:05 PM, Mr. private said:

In the version attached i added a basic vibration when sexlab animations are playing.

Yeah, even with prostitution, I have no luck.
Does this look right?
I also tested it with these settings, but using the 360 gamepad, and also had no effect, and I tried it will all vaginal check boxes checked.

For clarity; I ran the butthesda application first, opened Mod Organiser 2, and Launched Skyrim (SKSE) from there. Are there setting I need to set up from within Skyrim, via the Mod Menu?

Capture.JPG

On 1/24/2021 at 4:41 PM, HumbleKarp said:

This seems awesome and I'm sure it's just something that I'm missing, but I can't for the life of me get this to work properly. I combed the topic through all posts but I still can't get the vibrations to actually come through except for 1 time where it vibrated for literally every action, walking, jumping etc.

I'll try to give as much info as I can so I'm not just giving a "don't work, how fix" reply lol

Im on special edition, and im using vortex to mod manage. Current workflow is open router, connect toy, open butthesda, detect devices. At this point I only see my controller, so I select it. Configuration in butthesda, check all while trying to get the vibrations to work at all. Point to mod location (installed with vortex). I've tried versions .9 and .10, .9 being the one that worked for a moment with booping sounds when it would detect an action. Hit start, launah game. Once I'm in game I get no vibration responses. 

Details- butthesda shows in debug that it's detecting sex lab and dd, shows that I have plugs, and in debug shows that it's detecting animations and labels like "vibration". 

Router however doesn't show any activity as if it's not making it to router from butthesda. 

Basically I'm not totally sure if v3, v.0.9, or v.10.0 is the one I should be using. Of those I'm not sure which files I should be installing via vortex and which I just extract to a folder to run the butthesda program. And I don't know if I'm doing something wrong by either connecting a controller or if I'm not meant to select butthesda in router. 

Any help would be great as there's not much for a "here's how" as of the recent updates. Sorry if I'm seeing lost but there's just a lot of bridging between programs and I'm not exactly the best at modding. 

V3 is the current "stable" version that i made a long time ago. It was made before ButtplugIO was written so it doesnt support many toys. 

V10 is the current apha/beta of the new version i am working with ButtplugIO integration.

ButtplugIO is some framework by QDot that allows software developers to easly integrate sex toys.

As for the "how you use it?":
1. Install Butthesda folder that comes with the files with Vortex/MO or manual inside /data/ folder.

2. Install Butthesda by double clicking setup.
3. Start the program, click scan, select the toy.

4. Config the toy as shown in the next post. (currently the only supported event is penetration-vaginal)

4. Select the Butthesda mod folder that you installed in step 1, as shown in the next post.

5. Hit Start

6. Start the game.

Just so you know most functions have not been tested and it could be that you find some things not working yet.

1 hour ago, SuperSelena64 said:

Yeah, even with prostitution, I have no luck.
Does this look right?
I also tested it with these settings, but using the 360 gamepad, and also had no effect, and I tried it will all vaginal check boxes checked.

For clarity; I ran the butthesda application first, opened Mod Organiser 2, and Launched Skyrim (SKSE) from there. Are there setting I need to set up from within Skyrim, via the Mod Menu?

Capture.JPG

No i think you have set it up correctly. There might be some bug that prevents it to run on others pc's, (thats why I need you to test it ?).
I will take a look at it and see if i can find it, if I do I will upload a new version here or on Discord (I dont want to spam this topic to much with development stuff).

EDIT: So i Checked it and it seems to work for me. When you have some time could you check what messages you recieve when you enable "Enable Debug", "Debug Event File Scanner" and "Debug Devices"?

Thinking of it, you did click "Start" button right?

image.png.36fa5edb9a250cf518ff37366b504950.png

Well, I managed another round of testing. First of all, let me clarify my setup. I have Lovense Edge. I hadn't managed to set it up on Windows10 (or MacOS) with Intiface Desktop, so I'm running IntifaceCLI on Linux PC. I can bring with ssh tunnel port 12345 from this PC to Win10 localhost - and through this connection web-version Buttplug Playground works, connects to device and changes vibration level. As this program as of v.0.0.9 has buttplugio embedded, I installed v.0.0.9, loaded code from Github, uncommented line about connecting to websocket (and commented out line about creating server), compiled, and dropped resulted binary in 0.0.9 folder, replacing vanilla one. So, if any changes were made in 0.0.9 after github latest commit - I wouldn't see them in my tests.

So. Program successfully detects running game ("Skyrim LE"), detects devices, and reacts to walking events (FootStep). It detects Edge device through websocket connection, and sends commands to it. No vibrations at all - and I don't understand why, IntifaceCLI with Trace logging show incoming commands, I dumped WebSocket traffic with WireShark, comparing session with Butthesda and session with Buttplug Playground - and their traffic looks similar. So - no vibrations, but I'm pretty sure it isn't Butthesda fault.

Anyway - suggestions (again, if it's already addressed in the code after last github commit - sorry):

1. In selecting events to process, adding checkboxes "Select All" under every effect.

2. PlaySound in event reaction as an option - hearing "Beep" on every step is good for first run debug, but after that, not so.

3. Adding a button in config window to test vibrations (maybe slider?) would be great - it would allow to check problems with setup without running Skyrim.

4. I would appreciate a checkbox or CLI switch to run program with external server through websocket connection.