Armory of Faerun - Heavy Plate Collection

Neptune

I know im asking too much, but can you do also when done a option to use level list plugin? so also npcs will have some of armors and we can also loot that from chests and alot followers will also can equip that. I really dnt know how do that, just asked because im using the tera armors from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25846/? and with that level list plugin goes amazing because its just not you using, goes more immersive.

I know im asking too much, but can you do also when done a option to use level list plugin? so also npcs will have some of armors and we can also loot that from chests and alot followers will also can equip that. I really dnt know how do that, just asked because im using the tera armors from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25846/? and with that level list plugin goes amazing because its just not you using, goes more immersive.

Chech out the comments above. Neptune plans to do so, which, as I've already said, is most wonderful.

• 4 weeks later...

5F5zlRZ.png

A little preview (old preview :P) of an armor mod Ive been working on for quite some time.

Im currently in the process of texturing the armors, with rigging and skinning soon to follow. The theme of the armors is that of the sets found in Faerun from the legendary role-playing game, Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn. The individual designs of each set are mainly inspired by both real plate armors such as Milanese, Gothic and Maximilian - my imagination - and those found in popular works of fiction such as Kingdom Under Fire, Warhammer 40k and Dungeons & Dragons.

The one on the very right, will you make it a male one or both gender?

Update

XkIsIe0.jpg

Wanted to switch up the sisters of battle design, looking at Bubblegum Crisis and Joan of Arc for inspiration. Plate of Orleans is the result. The only 'female only' armor in this mod.

Wonderful!

Once again, thank you very much for you great work.

Cheers man, love doing this stuff ^_^

By the way, are you planning to do any more work on armors after you finish this?

If so, could I suggest doing something in this style? 

https://daarken.com/warhammer/witchhunter.jpg

Here is a whole gallery of many beautiful concepts, with well designed armors.

https://daarken.com/warhammer.html

I feel they would perfectly match the great work you are doing at the moment.

Hey man, those are some sweet links - already gone an grabbed a ton of those images for my concept folder  :idea:  For now, I doubt Ill be making any of those armors and/or additional new armors besides the ones Ive mentioned. Gotta avoid that 'Feature Creep'.

That said, I still plan to make Drow Full Plate, White Dragon Plate and Aslyferund Elven Plate a few months after I finish the current armor sets, so those images will deffo get some use eventually :D

As Chech pointed out, I've already commented on my plans for leveled lists. Needless to say, all these armors will be integrated into the game via leveled lists, not just craft-able by the player. There will be 2 plugins, one for Requiem Overhaul mod and another for Vanilla.

Chech out the comments above. Neptune plans to do so, which, as I've already said, is most wonderful.

Thanks man, its good to know at least a few people are reading what I've said.. -_-

so? how long will i wait? im going NUTZ!!! Waiting for this to be finished!

When its done ;)

Looks amazing already man, keep it up!

Cheers boss!

Damn, these are awesome. :o I love the full armor for females too, just gorgeous. I'm not personally a heavy armor player but I'll definitely be snagging these once they're out. :3 They're perfect!

Merci, glad to see I'm finally converting some of you light armor players to the art of plate  :P  Then again, with so few quality plate armor mods out there, can see why light armors are the armor of choice for most players.

Have to visit this section more. Damn these armors look so AWESOME. Keep up the good work :)

Will keep up the good work, if you visit more, sound like a plan? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Very nice, plate armour that looks like plate armour.

Especially like your visored and jousting helm based on real world armor.

Take your time, will look amazing in game.

Thanks much!

Thanks matey. Visored helm.. hmm, talking about the one on Delvers Plate?

And yep, Jousting Helm, Frog-mouth Helm or Stetchhelm gotta be included. Tho was deffo tricky getting it to look right as a free moving helm, compared to the fixed, rl version.

5F5zlRZ.png

A little preview (old preview :P) of an armor mod Ive been working on for quite some time.

Im currently in the process of texturing the armors, with rigging and skinning soon to follow. The theme of the armors is that of the sets found in Faerun from the legendary role-playing game, Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn. The individual designs of each set are mainly inspired by both real plate armors such as Milanese, Gothic and Maximilian - my imagination - and those found in popular works of fiction such as Kingdom Under Fire, Warhammer 40k and Dungeons & Dragons.

The one on the very right, will you make it a male one or both gender?

Sup dude. Right, there are only 3 custom female armors in this mod, Plate Mail Armor, Plate Mail +1 and Plate of Orleans +3. That plate you pointed out, is the Plate of Balduran +7, a unisex set - meaning the same model will be used on both genders, although scaled accordingly.

I'm in love with your designs! <3 It's refreshing to see full armor for females. :3

Thank you, Lady Horus. Its my pleasure  ^_^  Perhaps Ill do more female versions in the future? We shall see :rolleyes:

Impressive work

Noblesse oblige :sleepy:

I wanted to ask one thing which just came to my mind as I was studying my favourite armour of yours so far - one of the far right, with a hood.

Are all those pieces of clothing going to be compatible with HDT Physics, so that they wave around while the character is moving? 

If so, it would make them an absolute top amongst all plate armours for Skyrim.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 7

HIxWD9L.png

From left to right: Aslyferund Elven Plate +2, Armor of the Hart +4, Drow Full Plate +5, Mithril Field Plate +3

Great to read its gonna be uni-sex, cant wait to see the end result on it ^^

Gotta be done, looking forward to the end result too. Quite excited.

Cheers :D

god im in love with plate of orleans +3, jesus its fantastic

Thanks man, pretty happy with how it turned out. Glad to see you all are as well. Now we jus need to get a texture on that beauty!

I just found this thread and damn! That Plate of Orleans 3 look awesome! I hope you're able to finish soon.

Then, welcome. As our merchants say - "The Adventurers Mart is the finest shopping in all Faerun. Widest selection, lowest prices, and nary a fancy illustration. Just the goods, bare an plain".

Cheers ^^

I wanted to ask one thing which just came to my mind as I was studying my favourite armour of yours so far - one of the far right, with a hood.

Are all those pieces of clothing going to be compatible with HDT Physics, so that they wave around while the character is moving? 

If so, it would make them an absolute top amongst all plate armours for Skyrim.

Ahh thats some feels when one says "was studying my favourite armour of yours".  So it pains me when, alas, I dont know anything about HDT stuff. Additionally, already having my hands full with a texture and rigging backlog means feature creep such as HDT support just isnt possible at this moment in time, unless someone volunteers for the job.

That said, cheers for your suggestion man. These armors would be pretty damn insane with HDT physics, no doubt.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, after no one responded to update 7 featuring 4 armors that took me forever to model, I felt the armors must have either offended the community somehow, or people no longer care about them/the effort I put into this project. Thus my motivation dropped like a rock.

However I got an itch to play skyrim again, so Ive resumed work on uvmapping the armors. Donno how my motivation will fair without getting any feedback from loverslab, so might move this project to nexus.

Well, after no one responded to update 7 featuring 4 armors that took me forever to model, I felt the armors must have either offended the community somehow, or people no longer care about them/the effort I put into this project. Thus my motivation dropped like a rock.

However I got an itch to play skyrim again, so Ive resumed work on uvmapping the armors. Donno how my motivation will fair without getting any feedback from loverslab, so might move this project to nexus.

Update 7 is probably my favorite out of all of them. I think most people just decided to sit back and wait patiently for something to be released. I know there's still a lot of us that would like to see these armors completed because heavy armors like this have yet to exist in Skyrim, and it would be a shame if you were to discontinue development.

Yeah, I'm kind of scared to post for fear of driving you off. I was wondering if the project was starting to get overwhelming and wasn't sure if "how long until it's done" questions would help or drive you away. Please keep up the good work but I'm sure everyone would love a BETA version of this mod.

Archived