When ever i get captured (bleeding out from daymol) it goes to the loading screen for a split second and crashes ._. do you know how to fix this?

Check your installation of the mod to start.

Test it on a new game if possible as well.

You can also try and start the quest manually as well to see if it starts without DAYMOYL. Open your console and try:

"startquest kzy_Arachnophobia"

Let me know of your results.

EDIT: The console command will start the quest but you will be unable to do anything after that. This is because the quest is waiting for an event to be sent by DAYMOYL. If the PC wasn't defeated when the quest started, DAYMOYL will never send this event because it was never called upon.

With that said, it will not reliably start the quest in a way that you can continue playing. What should happen with the console command however, is you should be moved to the cave with some webbing on your character. Then they'll stand there indefinitely until you either reload or re-enable player controls in the console and manually remove the webbing through the console. So this is merely a troubleshooting step.

Hey, Just wanted to let you know Great Mod! I loved the 0.10.1 version and I got it working flawlessly. 

I'm running into a few issues on 0.21 though. Whenever I get killed by a large frostbite spider DAYMOYL just takes me to another quest. 

I then just used "starrtquest kzy_Arachnophobia" and all I get is PC in a cave covered in webs standing still but there arent any menus or struggling. I also cant start the next phase of the escape. The NPC is usually in the right place hanging around and such. 

Is there a possible fix to this?

P.S. I know its not supported anymore, but I have to ask. Is there anyway to increase how long a NPC is entangled in webs in version 0.10.1? Or is there like a value I can change to accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, Just wanted to let you know Great Mod! I loved the 0.10.1 version and I got it working flawlessly. 

I'm running into a few issues on 0.21 though. Whenever I get killed by a large frostbite spider DAYMOYL just takes me to another quest. 

I then just used "starrtquest kzy_Arachnophobia" and all I get is PC in a cave covered in webs standing still but there arent any menus or struggling. I also cant start the next phase of the escape. The NPC is usually in the right place hanging around and such. 

Is there a possible fix to this?

P.S. I know its not supported anymore, but I have to ask. Is there anyway to increase how long a NPC is entangled in webs in version 0.10.1? Or is there like a value I can change to accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated.

Disabling certain quests on the DAYMOYL quest list in the MCM or changing priorities of the quests there should help you to customize what quests should take priority over others. Spiders, for example, fall under the Animal Quest. Now, Arachnophobia's DA trigger is, by default set to a higher priority than the animal quest, so unless you changed that, nothing should happen.

However, from personal experience, I've observed that other mods that add to DA sometimes seem to override all of the other quests no matter what priorities you set. I won't get into the technical details as to why this is, but it's just how those mods are made sometimes. In my tinkerings with my own personal mods that I integrated with DA, I've accidentally come across this on occasion. Something to think about, but not necessarily true or applicable in your case.

As for the console command to start the quest, that is a mistake on my end. DON'T USE IT. The reason you're standing still is because the mod is waiting for DA to send an event that it will never receive because the PC wasn't actually defeated, so DA can't ever send it.

With that said, you've shown that the quest is at least starting, so what you next have to figure out is why the quest isn't firing from DA. Again, check quest priorities and see if you might have another third-party mod that's integrating with DA that might throw a wrench in the works. SD+ is one such mod I believe.

Regarding the older version, that is unfortunately hard-coded in there. The source files are available for you to edit however. In the script that governs the entangled magic effect, there's some code pertinent to how NPCs are treated versus the player. There's a little number you can change in there if you're comfortable going into the creation kit, editting the appropriate script and then recompiling it.

Not dead, per se, just unsure of where to go next... Been kind of sitting on it for a bit.

Just a suggestion but, ever thought about adding in quests to relate to it? like, some damsel (a noble woman), or even a caravan of people got captured and cocooned by spiders, so you get a mission to go save them, and risk getting caught yourself?

just something I thought I'd throw out there.

Some people might not mind that....It wouldn't bother me much. Though I admit variety is almost always better.

Yep. Still on the plate. Tough part about those would be to make them somehow different. Otherwise we'd just end up with the same mod but with a different skin.

Oh yeah I agree, I mean its waaay better than the current dragur/wisp scenarios of DA... and even more possible to get defeated than spiders.

Some people might not mind that....It wouldn't bother me much. Though I admit variety is almost always better.

Yep. Still on the plate. Tough part about those would be to make them somehow different. Otherwise we'd just end up with the same mod but with a different skin.

Seconded, I'd like a samey type scene with the Draugr too, though like Essedess said, variety is better.

The catch then is... how to introduce that variety?

I posted the only idea I've had so far if you're looking for scenarios. Like, you could be introduced to the Draugr wrapping via finding someone wrapped that way, or maybe triggering a trap that wraps you. But tbh, a mummy wrapping probably should look pretty similar to the cocoon shape-wise, "realistically" speaking. Though you might be asking for that, how the wrapping could look different.

I posted the only idea I've had so far if you're looking for scenarios. Like, you could be introduced to the Draugr wrapping via finding someone wrapped that way, or maybe triggering a trap that wraps you. But tbh, a mummy wrapping probably should look pretty similar to the cocoon shape-wise, "realistically" speaking. Though you might be asking for that, how the wrapping could look different.

Draugr wrapping sounds like a cool idea  :P

Draugr wrapping sounds like a cool idea  :P

One way I suggested quite some time ago would be the idea that the draugr try to make you become one of those who wander their tomb as if one of the dead. We've seen this kind of effect within vanilla skyrim with the guy who made the philter of the phantom (makes you appear as if a ghost temporarily). I could imagine it being done as some kind of curse and even though the draugr mummified you in a cuccoon, you would be wearing wrappings underneath that (to simulate actually being mummified) and a cursed item that would harm you if you leave that cannot be removed without the right methods... It'd then become a two stage ordeal in that you'd have to get out of the cuccoon and then get rid of the curse keeping you there... all the while, the draugr are all too keen to keep you there.

Another point to suggest is that said cursed item could affect your character's judgement and so it could go that you successfully escape by playing it smart or the draugr steadily convince you until you effectively live amongst them (changing your faction so that they are not hostile unless you turn against them by trying to break the curse), wearing their funeral armors and wielding their weapons (in which case I imagine you would likely be able to extend it by little radiant quests like killing invaders to the tomb, performing the ritual mentioned in 'amoungst the draugr' for dragon priests (if there is one in the place you are at) or outright patrolling to kill anyone daring to go near the tomb. I imagine if you went with this, you could be 'rewarded' with the steady tiers of their equipment until you reach up to deathlord or even priest).

That's just my suggestion for the draugr situation.

As for the wispmother, I can imagine that you could extend it that if you were trapped, she would try to make you become one of her wisps by drawing your soul from it's body... which could lead to you either doing a small quest to try and free yourself and get back into your body or helping your wispmother claim more souls and increase her influence.

... Admittedly, I did make a post some time ago for a different topic suggesting DA scenarios where I mentioned stuff similar, but I offered these two things because they were relevant. I hope these suggestions help?

You all have some good ideas, now it becomes more of a matter of how I would actually implement something like that. Let me think about it for a bit. I've gone ahead and written some suggestions down to try and develop a scope of what to tackle next without going too far off track.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having similar troubles to what others have experienced. I can't seem to trigger this mod through DA. The mod appears to be install properly since I can use the startquest and coc commands to get to the cave however nothing I do with the settings seems to allow the event to trigger. Now as far as I was able to determine from reading through the description and other forum posts it sounds like there is supposed to be some setting under DA in the MCM that deals with this mod. If that is the case then I think that that is where my problem is because while I do have a MCM menu for this mod there is nothing in my DA MCM menu that deals with it or not one that seems to anyways. Any help in figuring out what I need to fix to get this mod working properly is appreciated. 

Some things to try:

-Try turning the priority of this mod to a higher amount than all other scenarios.

-Disable all other scenarios but arachnophobia to test

One thing I'm very suspicious toward is the poison from the spiders causing blackout. If the PC is incapacitated by a damage-over-time effect, I wonder if DA registers the "caster" of the DoT as the subject responsible for defeating the player.

The vibe I'm getting is that the player needs to be directly hit by a spider's claw or bite in order for the scenario to fire off correctly. If this is the case, then I definitely need to look at other options.

Hi

Would you consider adding a simple mod event to let other mods know that the player has been sent to a spider lair?

Adding something like to stage 0 of your quest script this would be enough:

SendModEvent("ArachnophobiaPlayerCaptured")

I could use that kind of event to turn off slavery in SD+ for example, or to add spider eggs to the player with Parasites by listening to that event.

Yeah sure, I think I could. I'm not terribly skilled with mod events mind you (I have a tough time getting them to work unfortunately, but I'll give it a shot). I'll let you know what I come up with.

That's the beauty of sending out mod events... no skill required :)

You can just send out any mod event like the one I suggested above. It doesn't matter if they are actually created somewhere or not.

Just using 'Sendmodevent' sends a signal that other mods can listen to. They are the ones who have to do the hard work of registering the event (listen to events) and creating a function to perform an action.

They are the ones who have to do the hard work

Depends on what you mean by "hard" work. Sometimes it's just "modder being stupid" work. Ex: I just made a modevent

registerformodevent("PonyGirlFarmStart", "pgex_start")
And then spent nearly two days tearing my hair out, trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. Because I just forgot what the name of it was and kept sending "pgex_start" instead of "ponygirlfarmstart."
The word "derp" doesn't cover me.  :dodgy: