Hacking at damage sponges is one of many problems Skyrim has with its enemies.

Not as bad as Oblivion, must interject. High-level goblins were really, really irritating to fight.

But yeah, it's a problem. Bethesda (and many other companies) have been struggling with leveled enemies since they began. To my mind (and many would disagree), Morrowind was the best game in the series for this.

Does this paralysis make spiders more dangerous? Yes, but not in a fun and engaging way.

I agree, but it did force me to change my tactics somewhat. With my melee-focused character, I became much more adept at dodging, and began to rely more heavily on companions. Which I guess could be mistaken for character growth, in a dim light. ;)

Have you considered, instead of paralysis, speed mult modifiers, possibly stacking for successive web/spit attacks? It doesn't solve the problem, but it might alleviate it somewhat.

Have you considered, instead of paralysis, speed mult modifiers, possibly stacking for successive web/spit attacks? It doesn't solve the problem, but it might alleviate it somewhat.

Currently, the spit from the spiders slows you quite a bit for a brief period of time. In the older version, taking a bite or a hit would first slow you, and then taking another hit would result in entanglement. This is a mechanic I'd like to see brought back actually. Meanwhile, I'm kicking around some other ideas that can make entanglement happen as well. 

Stacking effects aren't something I've really messed with in the engine, but it is something I'm considering or maybe even trying to make a work around for.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, have an update. My testing seems to have produced positive results - but knowing the myriad of load orders and configurations you all have, on top of my genuine overall forgetfulness, there's probably plenty that I've missed. With that said, please report issues you experience accordingly alongside the steps needed to reproduce them.

Consider yourself warned.

With that out of the way, have a change log to go with the update:

Core Changes
-Death Alternative is no longer required (though the mod will still work with it, if you're running it).
-Reimplemented combat entanglement: Entanglement occurs instantly upon being hit by spit attacks.
-Spiders may still attack their entangled victims, beating them into unconsciousness (or death, if not applicable).
-Failure to escape in time from this entanglement can result in being dragged off to the spider's lair enabling access to the quest for non-DA users.
-Paralysis from spider bites now takes effect a few seconds after being bitten instead of instantly. Victims will move slower until the paralysis sets in.

Minor Changes
-Slightly reduced stamina consumption while struggling
-Tweaked calculation made when spiders decide whether to rewrap their victims to be less erratic.
-The victim's hanging state now properly factors into the chances of being rewrapped.

MCM Changes
-Added MCM option to skip the wrapping scene when the victim is captured
-Added MCM option to disable death from occurring if the victim fails to escape too many times (it's only over when you give up!)

Fixes
-The direction of the escape rotation keys should now properly shuffle occasionally
-Starting the main quest via console should now properly fire fully (used to wait from a call from DA)

Probably worth observing this with Arachnophia - Conan Exiles when  the spiders hit you with their spit they yank the character into melee range and temperately slows the character's movement speed. That might make a good first stage on getting cocooned in Arachnophia (assuming it's technically possible in Skyrim)

Thinking about trying this mod, is this compatible with defeat at all?

No idea, honestly. Not sure what that mod's about other than that it implements a bunch of combat rape encounters when a combatant goes down. I know it can tie into Death Alternative at some point so I would think it maybe is? Although if you're stuck in webbing at the time of defeat, things may go south from there so ultimately, use at your own risk.

So what do you suggest doing to update from a previous version ..... is a clean save required ?

No clean save should be required.

Thinking about trying this mod, is this compatible with defeat at all?

No idea, honestly. Not sure what that mod's about other than that it implements a bunch of combat rape encounters when a combatant goes down. I know it can tie into Death Alternative at some point so I would think it maybe is? Although if you're stuck in webbing at the time of defeat, things may go south from there so ultimately, use at your own risk.

I'll give it a try together and then I'll come back and let you know if it works well together or not ^^

@ Kazyn

Thanks very much for the update.  Always liked this mod

Have just added the latest version to a game which has never seen Arachnaphobia before

Couple of observations

1 - the time from spit cocooning to being dragged off to the lair might just be a little too long?  When first tried out near Morthal, the three spiders there would invariably kill my PC before the darkness could ever envelope her as she was dragged to an alternative doom, and it really needed to be a one on one fight to have any hope of getting to the point where the NPC was carried off.

2 - I always CTD shortly after the arrival at the lair.  Wasn't sure why until, when I left the mouse, PC and camera  alone long enough, I found that a 'follower', under AFT control, who had been told to 'wait' in the internal cell of my add on house at Riverwood had miraculously been scooped up into the lair too, and seemed to be hanging up on the neighbouring meat hook.  At which point it them crashed again.... tongue.png    Anyways, I guess that such teleportation is maybe an unintended miracle of arachnid combat pincer movement capabilities  shy.gif  If no-one else has reported that, it may just be my set up, as I more or less tacked this mod on to the end of the load order, other than moving AFT below it

Hope these ramblings are of some nett use anyway smile.png

@ Kazyn

Have just added the latest version to a game which has never seen Arachnaphobia before

Couple of observations

1 - the time from spit cocooning to being dragged off to the lair might just be a little too long?  When first tried out near Morthal, the three spiders there would invariably kill my PC before the darkness could ever envelope her as she was dragged to an alternative doom, and it really needed to be a one on one fight to have any hope of getting to the point where the NPC was carried off.

2 - I always CTD shortly after the arrival at the lair.  Wasn't sure why until, when I left the mouse, PC and camera  alone long enough, I found that a 'follower', under AFT control, who had been told to 'wait' in the internal cell of my add on house at Riverwood had miraculously been scooped up into the lair too, and seemed to be hanging up on the neighbouring meat hook.  At which point it them crashed again.... tongue.png    Anyways, I guess that such teleportation is maybe an unintended miracle of arachnid combat pincer movement capabilities  shy.gif  If no-one else has reported that, it may just be my set up, as I more or less tacked this mod on to the end of the load order, other than moving AFT below it

1 - Here are some thoughts I was having about this: I was messing around with the idea of combat entanglement existing independently from the lair scenario. Essentially, there'd be minimal chance you end up dragged off in combat. The intent was to make your escape and keep fighting. However, those not using Death Alternative would effectively have half of the mod inaccessible to them by normal means. So, basically, the result I arrived at was: If for some reason you're not making it out in the minute you have to get out, then you're probably not getting out.

2 - I have never used AFT, though I find it interesting that the mod apparently recognized your follower, which tells me it might more or less be an extension of the vanilla system. The closest I've come to using additional follower mods, however, is EFF but even then, I haven't run that in many, many months. At this time, the most I can say about this issue is there's some kind of conflict still occurring with AFT and the mod.

My advice is to try it without AFT (only temporarily, of course - wouldn't want you to drop mods that actually work) and see if the CTD's continue occurring.

Thank you, either way, for the feedback. It is definitely something I'll keep in mind.

@ Kazyn

Couple of observations

1 - Here are some thoughts I was having about this: I was messing around with the idea of combat entanglement existing independently from the lair scenario. Essentially, there'd be minimal chance you end up dragged off in combat. The intent was to make your escape and keep fighting. However, those not using Death Alternative would effectively have half of the mod inaccessible to them by normal means. So, basically, the result I arrived at was: If for some reason you're not making it out in the minute you have to get out, then you're probably not getting out.

Fair enough.  I'd used DA previously but it's not installed on this game.  Without it, maybe escape needs to be more difficult.  At the moment, even with my low level PC, getting out is fairly easy, and hence makes killing the spiders a bit simpler too, but as I've been using the default setting, I'll ramp it up to the max and see if that makes it more challenging

2 - I have never used AFT, though I find it interesting that the mod apparently recognized your follower, which tells me it might more or less be an extension of the vanilla system. The closest I've come to using additional follower mods, however, is EFF but even then, I haven't run that in many, many months. At this time, the most I can say about this issue is there's some kind of conflict still occurring with AFT and the mod.

My advice is to try it without AFT (only temporarily, of course - wouldn't want you to drop mods that actually work) and see if the CTD's continue occurring.

It's a test game, so once I've had been through the other things I'm trying, I'll restart it from a point before I added AFT, and see what happens

Thank you, either way, for the feedback. It is definitely something I'll keep in mind.

Thanks for the prompt reply smile.png

At the moment, even with my low level PC, getting out is fairly easy, and hence makes killing the spiders a bit simpler too, but as I've been using the default setting, I'll ramp it up to the max and see if that makes it more challenging

It's also worth noting that smaller spiders are easier to escape from than the bigger ones, so be advised of that.

Right now, however, I'm going off of my own internal testing results as well as some of the feedback I receive here so... changes to difficulty will probably come soon if they're needed. Until then, well... there's the MCM, as you said.

Awesome that your still updating this, keep up the great work. However I usually die before I'm dragged off unless I am in an unreachable position, personally I still prefer the 0.10.1 version where cocooning happened on both spit and bite attacks with the spider wrapping you up further until you couldn't get free. Just wish you could move the camera and you didn't suddenly become naked in 0.10.

Small bug: The spider wont come back after the second check in, left it running for 10 minutes and nothing happened.

Edit:

Tried it out again and have yet to be murdered by the spider, he's checked in 3 times but only when he leaves me alone the first time.

Big bug: Can't get dragged off by the spider after getting caught a second time, the screen goes black but when the it fades back in I'm in the exact same place with no webs and am stuck in an endless struggle animation.

At the moment, even with my low level PC, getting out is fairly easy, and hence makes killing the spiders a bit simpler too, but as I've been using the default setting, I'll ramp it up to the max and see if that makes it more challenging

It's also worth noting that smaller spiders are easier to escape from than the bigger ones, so be advised of that.

Right now, however, I'm going off of my own internal testing results as well as some of the feedback I receive here so... changes to difficulty will probably come soon if they're needed. Until then, well... there's the MCM, as you said.

Further to this, I tried the mod again without any active followers, and also without DA, but with Defeat and its 'Player as Victim' enabled.  Thoughts are:

1 - even with the struggle set at max difficulty,

1a  the PC is far more likely to get killed or, if set to > 0%, end up in one of Defeat's alternative outcomes, than get taken off to the spider lair

1b with Defeat's sex attacks at 100%, those will take place with the player in cocooned form but, whilst there is a chance that the PC will end up in the spider lair, because the Arachnophobia 'timer' runs down before Defeat's SxLab animation event finishes, they are still transferred in a cocooned form to the lair, but into a 'grey goo' environment, where they get suspended in nothingness.  Struggle from the cocoon results in the PC doing the 'flying' animation encountered when dropping from a great height, or in an interminably void space

If the PC is taken away into the lair successfully, basically, you let it get cocooned in a fight with no more than one spider and wait until the timer runs down, the cavern scene starts ok, and seems to be OK until you do anything to move the camera.  Touch that and the game CTD's   

The last log shows nothing obvious at the time of the CTD, but there are a couple of other repeating errors earlier, so I copied them in below in case it helps

EDIT: There are also a range of errors found at initialisation which (extracts only) were as follows 

Line 58: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:46PM] Cannot open store for class "kzyEntangleScript", missing file?

Line 59: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:46PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::QuestList_var" on object "kzy_daymoylPlayerValidateQuestAlias"

Line 60: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:46PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "QuestList" on object "kzy_daymoylPlayerValidateQuestAlias"

Line 61: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:46PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "RegisterQuests" in state "" on object "kzy_daymoylPlayerValidateQuestAlias".

Line 63: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:46PM] Error: Unable to bind script kzy_DA_Arachnophobia to kzy_Arachnophobia (C90085EE) because their base types do not match

Line 63: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:46PM] Error: Unable to bind script kzy_DA_Arachnophobia to kzy_Arachnophobia (C90085EE) because their base types do not match

Line 106: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:58PM] warning: Property QuestList on script kzy_daymoylPlayerValidateQuestAlias attached to alias Player on quest kzy_Arachnophobia_Integration (C902A55E) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 106: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:58PM] warning: Property QuestList on script kzy_daymoylPlayerValidateQuestAlias attached to alias Player on quest kzy_Arachnophobia_Integration (C902A55E) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 107: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] warning: Property kzy_Entangled on script kzy_arachnophobiaconfig attached to kzyArachnophobiaConfig (C90075C1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 107: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] warning: Property kzy_Entangled on script kzy_arachnophobiaconfig attached to kzyArachnophobiaConfig (C90075C1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 108: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] warning: Property kzy_Overview on script kzy_arachnophobiaconfig attached to kzyArachnophobiaConfig (C90075C1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 108: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] warning: Property kzy_Overview on script kzy_arachnophobiaconfig attached to kzyArachnophobiaConfig (C90075C1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 207: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] Error: Unable to bind script kzy_DA_Arachnophobia to kzy_Arachnophobia (C90085EE) because their base types do not match

Line 207: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] Error: Unable to bind script kzy_DA_Arachnophobia to kzy_Arachnophobia (C90085EE) because their base types do not match

Line 222: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] warning: Property QuestList on script kzy_daymoylPlayerValidateQuestAlias attached to alias Player on quest kzy_Arachnophobia_Integration (C902A55E) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 222: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] warning: Property QuestList on script kzy_daymoylPlayerValidateQuestAlias attached to alias Player on quest kzy_Arachnophobia_Integration (C902A55E) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 250: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] warning: Property kzy_Entangled on script kzy_arachnophobiaconfig attached to kzyArachnophobiaConfig (C90075C1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 250: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] warning: Property kzy_Entangled on script kzy_arachnophobiaconfig attached to kzyArachnophobiaConfig (C90075C1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 251: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] warning: Property kzy_Overview on script kzy_arachnophobiaconfig attached to kzyArachnophobiaConfig (C90075C1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 251: [05/02/2017 - 12:21:59PM] warning: Property kzy_Overview on script kzy_arachnophobiaconfig attached to kzyArachnophobiaConfig (C90075C1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Line 287: [05/02/2017 - 12:22:04PM] warning: Unable to get type kzy_daymoylPlayerValidateQuestAlias referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.

Line 288: [05/02/2017 - 12:22:04PM] warning: Could not find type kzy_daymoylPlayerValidateQuestAlias in the type table in save

[05/02/2017 - 12:45:15PM] Error: Unable to call UnregisterForUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[None].kzy_entangleEffect.UnregisterForUpdate() - "" Line ?

[None].kzy_entangleEffect.ClearVictimStatus() - "kzy_entangleEffect.psc" Line 208

[None].kzy_entangleEffect.OnEffectFinish() - "kzy_entangleEffect.psc" Line 184

[05/02/2017 - 12:45:32PM] @@ CB.Tracker :OnLocationChange

[05/02/2017 - 12:45:33PM] @@ CB.Tracker :marker update

[05/02/2017 - 12:45:33PM] @@ CB :CellChange

[05/02/2017 - 12:45:35PM] Error: Cannot divide by zero

stack:

[Active effect 13 on (00000014)].kzy_entangleEffect.OnKeyDown() - "kzy_entangleEffect.psc" Line 153

[05/02/2017 - 12:45:35PM] Error: Unable to call RegisterForUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[None].kzy_entangleEffect.RegisterForUpdate() - "" Line ?

[None].kzy_entangleEffect.OnEffectStart() - "kzy_entangleEffect.psc" Line 64

[05/02/2017 - 12:45:35PM] Error: Unable to call UnregisterForUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[None].kzy_entangleEffect.ClearVictimStatus() - "kzy_entangleEffect.psc" Line 208

[05/02/2017 - 12:45:52PM] @@ CB.Tracker :OnLocationChange

[05/02/2017 - 12:45:52PM] @@ CB.Tracker :marker update

[05/02/2017 - 12:45:52PM] @@ CB :CellChange

[05/02/2017 - 12:46:34PM] Error: Unable to call UnregisterForUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[05/02/2017 - 12:46:47PM] @@ CB.Tracker :OnLocationChange

[05/02/2017 - 12:46:48PM] @@ CB.Tracker :marker update

[05/02/2017 - 12:46:48PM] @@ CB :CellChange

[05/02/2017 - 12:46:48PM] Found 0 nakedActors

[05/02/2017 - 12:46:48PM] slaScanner start time is ....1526.689941

[05/02/2017 - 12:46:48PM] Found 0 arousedActors

[05/02/2017 - 12:46:49PM] slaScanner end time is ....1527.671997

[05/02/2017 - 12:46:49PM] Next update in 120.000000

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:30PM] warning: Property FrostEnchantmentEffect on script DM_FreezeHuman attached to Active effect 1 on (0001AA5D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:30PM] warning: Property FrostEnchantmentEffect on script DM_CrushHuman attached to Active effect 1 on (0001AA5D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:30PM] warning: Property luck on script DM_CrushHuman attached to Active effect 1 on (0001AA5D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:30PM] warning: Property FrostEnchantmentEffect on script DM_CutHuman attached to Active effect 1 on (0001AA5D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:30PM] warning: Property luck on script DM_CutHuman attached to Active effect 1 on (0001AA5D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:34PM] Error: Unable to call UnregisterForUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[None].kzy_entangleEffect.OnEffectFinish() - "kzy_entangleEffect.psc" Line 192

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:37PM] @@ CB.Tracker :OnLocationChange

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:37PM] @@ CB.Tracker :marker update

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:37PM] @@ CB.Tracker :OnCellLoad

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:37PM] @@ CB :CellChange

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:50PM] Found 0 nakedActors

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:50PM] slaScanner start time is ....1648.680054

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:50PM] Found 0 arousedActors

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:51PM] slaScanner end time is ....1649.614014

[05/02/2017 - 12:48:51PM] Next update in 120.000000

Guest Ediros

So, I played with the newest version and I admit, I am not exacly impressed. 

The paralysis works weird. When that happens, you will not get cocooned until you get out of it. 

The only way to get entangled it to stand on a ledge and let a spider hit you once with a spit attack. 

Even if it gets killed, you will get dragged off to the cave, which I find a bit disappointing. 

I think I liked the second one a lot with clock and the spider needing to be close to entangle you. It makes most sense to me. 

Besides that looks pretty good, wish there were more stages of entaglement and some animations to it. Still, I like it a lot.

@ Kazyn

OK, now tried again. 

With Defeat, if it has initiated a sex scene, if that is still running when the spider web timer ends, the PC gets dragged off, cocooned, then 'hung up' but left in the grey goo of Skyrim's netherworld

When I leave the web timer to run done, essentially let the PC lie there till it happens, I get transported to the lair, the scene starts, but moving my mouse, to rotate the camera viewpoint on a horizontal, or circular, movement, gives a CTD

When I leave the web timer to run done, essentially let the PC lie there till it happens, I get transported to the lair, the scene starts, BUT I DON'T THEN TOUCH anything else, eg my mouse, and immediately save the game and reload, it all seems to progress fine from there.  FWIW, the view of the scene is from a point on a fixed vertical line, ie the cam will move up and down in a vertical plane, and get closer/farther away depending on what its viewpoint 'hits' in the location, eg the brazier in front of it.  If I engage the freecam, using the SexLab control, the cam then will move in all planes using the WASD keys, and will reset to the initial viewpoint and fixed plane on exit - but of course if you have freecam engaged, you can't then use the WASD keys to escape  laugh.png 

Once I have got the game started on a reload, the game seems to run fine, with the spider sniffing around the PC intermittently, and wrapping her up again if it thinks that there's a danger of the PC being too loose.  Once free, exiting the lair took me back to a dungeon exit point very near where the encounter had started

Altogether very nice, and as long as the save/reload is known as possibly something required, that can be lived with. 

BTW, I am using an ENB.  Do the issues you mentioned for 0.10 still exist with 0.3?  That might be the cause

As someone else also seems to be saying above, I'd still like to see the spit/cocoon/carry off being a bit more instantaneous.  It's just too easy to get out, and then kill the little blighters, as it stands 

PS:  Also had a look at my followers again.  Why one got dragged in on the first time I tried this, I have no idea.  There were three others also using AFT, all 'waiting' in diff parts of Skyrim, and none of them have ever appeared as part of the lair scene.  Why the other got dragged in, as if out of nowhere, I have no idea undecided.gif

Interesting results to say the least, and the multitude of errors being generated is certainly cause for concern (though the warnings in the first section of the log you posted are harmless, but I still need to get those out of there at some point - leftovers from much older versions).

As for the whole moving the camera causing CTD, that's very odd. I cannot reproduce that at all (although I'm not running Defeat so... possibly a contributor, but I can't be 100%). I think you ending up in the void beneath the cave may be a result of the awkward animation you're in at the time of transport. That is another problem I'm unable to reproduce.

As for the carry-off timer and such, I may be able to tweak that some to be a bit more engaging than it currently is, but remember that I said that combat entanglement wasn't necessarily intended to lead into the capture scenario but it's there in case you're for some reason not escaping.

That said, I kept combat entanglement very bare-bones compared to the mechanics for escaping once hung up in the lair. This is mainly for stability purposes. I want to see how it behaves on other people's games before slowly incorporating the lair's escape mechanics into the combat entanglement. Below are some differences between the two to explain what I mean:

In the lair, how much webbing is around you (which "equip" you're wearing) determines how much progress you make in escaping. Essentially, the more web that's around you, the slower you'll escape, but you'll also be less likely to be re-wrapped as a result. Additionally, your state of hanging or not contributes a flat amount to both your escape progress per key-press as well as your likelihood to be rewrapped.

In combat entanglement, there are little to no modifiers determining your escape progress. The size of the spider (more specifically its level) and your character's skills determine all of the base values and that's it. Will this be expanded upon? Based on feedback, it's more than likely.

The paralysis works weird. When that happens, you will not get cocooned until you get out of it. 

The only way to get entangled it to stand on a ledge and let a spider hit you once with a spit attack. 

Indeed you will not get cocooned if you are paralyzed. This was a necessary evil because if I called the struggled animation while the PC was cocooned, it would break the game. Th is very counter-intuitive, but I kept it in for this release as a bit of an experiment. Right now, I may just make bites result in entanglement as well and dismiss paralysis entirely. I'll need more feedback on this topic first, though.

Well it works very well for my and doesn't seem to conflict much with defeat nice job!!

You're one of the lucky few - or you just haven't run into any problems yet XD

Awesome that your still updating this, keep up the great work. However I usually die before I'm dragged off unless I am in an unreachable position, personally I still prefer the 0.10.1 version where cocooning happened on both spit and bite attacks with the spider wrapping you up further until you couldn't get free. Just wish you could move the camera and you didn't suddenly become naked in 0.10.

Small bug: The spider wont come back after the second check in, left it running for 10 minutes and nothing happened.

Edit:

Tried it out again and have yet to be murdered by the spider, he's checked in 3 times but only when he leaves me alone the first time.

Big bug: Can't get dragged off by the spider after getting caught a second time, the screen goes black but when the it fades back in I'm in the exact same place with no webs and am stuck in an endless struggle animation.

-You'd be surprised at how much being able to move the camera has complicated the coding of the rest of this mod x_x

-The spider won't check on you unless you're actively struggling, although as your sneak skill progresses, you'll be quite good at avoiding the spider's attention too.

-As for your bug reports, I'll run some tests and see if I can reproduce the issue.

@ Kazyn

This is the bit where I really don't understand what you intend this mod to do:

'As for the carry-off timer and such, I may be able to tweak that some to be a bit more engaging than it currently is, but remember that I said that combat entanglement wasn't necessarily intended to lead into the capture scenario but it's there in case you're for some reason not escaping.'

Without meaning to be at all unkind or ungrateful in any way because, as I have made clear elsewhere, I couldn't mod a dead cat angel.gif , the way I see it is like this. 

What is the point of including the mod in my load order if the capture mechanic is too easy to beat, and there is then virtually no risk at all of my PC being dragged off from the main game's quests, and having those disrupted while I have then to take the time and trouble to escape from the predator, and get out of it's lair?  dodgy.gif

That was what I liked about the first version.  You didn't know where you would end up or where you would come back out, you didn't know where your gear was going to be, or what you would then have to do to fight your way back to it.  biggrin.png  It was really unpredictable, and often very hard work  smile.png

Just having my PC stuck in a sack and wiggling her toes cool.gif until I press the right keys fast enough, so that I can then pop out near where I started, no matter how good the mechanics of that process may be, hasn't quite got the same frisson of risk, excitement and uncertainty about it insofar as that adds a real edge to the gameplay.  confused.gif

I hope that's taken as constructively, and with the same good humour, when it arrives on your monitor as it had when it left my keyboard here!   wink.png 

Hey Kazyn, 

I upgraded to the 0.30 version of the mod and I seem to be having problems with the NPC entanglement status. Whenever they get hit with a spider spit attack.. you can see the cocoon equipment on them but they don't go into the struggle animation. 

Does it have something to do with the ZaZanimation pack?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hey Kazyn, 

I upgraded to the 0.30 version of the mod and I seem to be having problems with the NPC entanglement status. Whenever they get hit with a spider spit attack.. you can see the cocoon equipment on them but they don't go into the struggle animation. 

Does it have something to do with the ZaZanimation pack?

Any help would be appreciated!

In case it helps (and I'm using t'ara's ZAP 622.1) I did have some odd glitches after installing 0.3 (and to be fair, one or two other mods too) so I did a re-run of FNIS, and that seems to have helped. 

Might be worth a try, but I can't be sure if that will do much for you tho', as 0.3 doesn't seem to have any mod specific animations of its own, as far as I can see

First of all thanks a lot for updating this mod!! I've been looking forwards to it!.

As of the mod itself I am running into a weird issue. Once hit by the entangle the spider keeps attacking me (which is intended) but whenever she hits me with the paralyze, I get paralyzed, if the paralyze spell runs out, I'll just stand up (still bound) and wont stay on the floor bound.... in fact I can move with the web around me hehe.