Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

Continuing... So the question will be - will users want to change their 'sexual proclivity' aka that often. It seems probably not, and when do want to do that, they can just install a different database to suit their current needs. If they needed to switch often, have the mod allow that level of complexity probably would be warranted.

Well, for me, I like the spice of life, and a bit of variety and 'theme' always keeps those messages interesting. For instance I have Devious Devices installed and I never know when that Bandit or Necromancer is going to beat me in a fight and enslave me, or a Rift Guard catches me stealing something and throws me in the clink. So it would be nice if there were some text files that are Slave/Master themed and Bondage themed to match the sex that is going to ensue.

In some files there are 30+ entries, so you never know what you're actually going to get, but the flavor of one message jars with the next, because they weren't written to compliment each other specifically. And it kinda pulls me out of the immersion, you know?. Especially if the message isn't written with proper grammar and syntax. But that in it itself is easily fixed, it just takes some time and effort, which to your credit, is a great idea....being able to edit those Jcontainers however you want.

And that's when the idea of narrative continuity popped into my head. 

In a perfect world, I see Apropos even pulling specific text files particular to the specific animation. So for example, if Sexlab plays the Lying BJ anim versus just the standing BJ, there is a specific text written for that position. And then using narrative content to keep the text relative to that specific animation. But again, my knowledge of code is minimal at best, and I'm not even sure if something like that is even possible.

But having a MCM function that allows a selection of Proclivities would be a great addition... well, at least for me it would be.... I'm not sure if other users would look forward to such a function, and I don't know how easy/hard it would be to implement.

Again, my initial idea was just to keep it simple... just a random number generator that pulls one smaller file versus one big file and then randomly pick an entry.But I like your idea of the user selecting the particular flavor.

Let me know if adding in level selection to the db is something you'd be interested in implementing. You got one thumbs up here!

M

Animation-specific support has been implemented. Perhaps this is going to satisfy the "threaded" idea.

Basically the implementation is as follows:

1. A new file "UniqueAnimations.txt" contains special control content - basically one line per animation.

2. During an animation, if the current animation matches one of the lines of UniqueAnimations.txt it changes its strategyand doesn't use the norrmal animation tags or partner to resolve to a description file, but instead looks for a folder unique matching the animation (e.g. "ZynStanding_FemaleActor").

3. if the folder is found, it uses the files in there for locating the templated files.

4. if the folder is not found, it falls back to the regular tag-based folder/file matching system.

Decauk is working on the new content. Generally animations that involve a lot of changing in positions will benefit from this, or MMF/MFF animations.

I will be working first on animations that include different content than normal; Zyn Rough Standing, for example, is a vaginal animation that includes oral. After that there are other good scenes that I'd like to write their own files for. I'm kind'a eager to get started, but I promised myself (and others) I'd complete the 3rd person defaults and MalePC stuff first. Then I can work on the non-standard content.

3rd person is complex because {PRIMARY} tags lengthen messages, 3rd person changes sentence structure, and these messages also need to work as 1st/2nd person voyeur messages for NPC sex, so I gave to change content. Unlike 2nd person, there's really no way to automate this.

Once I have a robust 'default' base, then I can use the unique animations system to refine the content so that consistent narratives appear, and messages more accurately match animations. I'm also already planning to use it for the Zaz pillory/bound animations, so bondage content will be included.

The past few messages by Gooser, Decauk, and Maz are all very exciting. I had not until now realized just what goodies you had in store for us, so I can be patient for FF messages!

Maz's idea of narrative continuity between messages continues to dazzle and I have been giving it some more thought. The prospect of animation specific messages is truly awesome and Gooser and Decauk are clearly working hard on making that a reality.

Meanwhile I have a simpler idea for narrative continuity that might work well with the ideas that have already been suggested. My understanding (correct me if I am wrong) is that the next release of Apropos will contain messages for masturbation and for MMF threesomes. If that is right, here is an idea that might work well with narrative continuity.

For masturbation (hopefully both M and F) the messages would display the masturbator's fantasies. They could be any fantasies, but as one example consider the possibility of a threesome. Hero-husband comes home to find spouse in bed masturbating and fantasizing about  3-some with husband and another NPC. The messages could be written either from the spouse's perspective (imagining all the good things that might happen) or the husband's voyeuristic perspective. Or a mix of both.

Now comes the good bit, and if you have Spouses Enhanced it will be even better. With Spouses Enhanced you can invite a third party to join you and your spouse for a threesome. A simple dialogue exchange with the spouse ("how about a threesome with X") and -- presto! -- X walks into your home (you have to have suggested this to X earlier). If you don't have Spouses Enhanced you could use Match Maker, but the beauty of SE is that you will not have to looking for X. He (or she) will walk right into your bedroom, hump the two of you, then leave.

You have no doubt guessed where I am going with this. After the spouse has climaxed by masturbating, juicy messages appearing on the screen with every new stage of the animation, the player character asks the embarrassed spouse  if she (or he) would like to make their fantasy a reality. Courtesy of SE that is exactly what happens. And now a new set of messages display that directly refer back to the earlier ones. The threesome is quite literally a dream come true.

I think this could work. All we need is the capacity to display messages in masturbation and threesomes -- and I think Gooser is already working at that. I would be happy to write the messages for both the masturbation and MMF stages if you like this idea. I think I could do a good job of making them connect with each other. Decauk is doing great work with messages, and I wouldn't want to tread on his toes, but there a  lot to write. If you want to divide the labor I could help with these ones. Just let me know.

Decauk is going to use the new capability in Apropos of unique animations to write MMF messages.

I still need to implement masturbation logic in Apropos.

The next release of Apropos will probably contain neither. I have implemented unique animations capability in the mod, but probably will release before Decauk is finished (I don't know his/her schedule for those). The upcoming release of Apropos will contain:

1. A db from 9/17/2014 (unless I get some thing newer pretty soon).

2. Recompiled for JContainers 3.1.0

3. Unique animation support.

4. Tons of tweaks and bug fixes.

5. New MCM options (Uninstall mod, W&T effects, W&T hardcore effects, New Stages 6,7)

6. Various AnimationPatchups additions.

7. New W&T Json database control file for W&T effects

8. W&T effects, including hardcore mode.

9. Logic for scheduling messages (W&T change messages) so they only appear outside of combat and current animations.

Well, I for one can't wait to get my hands on the new animation support and start crafting unique narratives for each animation. And the addition of stages 6 and 7.

But I have to ask Gooser, what is this hardcore mode for W&T effects? 

Oh... btw, I think I saw some where in the forum the mention of Zaz animation support, for the bondage positions. Is this going to be part of the new animation support?

Cheers,

M

Hardcore - in the sense of difficulty. Basically all the W&T effects are actor debuffs (health regen, stamina regen, etc). It's mainly for folks who like the combat-sex aspects of SL (e.g. Defeat).

I'm actually not certain about Zaz animation support. I don't think I've triggered one recently in game so I don't know how they are structured internally compared to a regular humanoid or creature SL animation. I don't see any listed in sslAnimationDefaults.psc so I must believe they are handled differently.

Can someone produce an apropos.log with debug & trace turned on for one of these suckers? 

Zaz' bound, armbinder and pillory sex animations are fully SexLab integrated, and just like MNC's new animations already work with Apropos.

That's done through Devious Devices - Integration, right?

Yes, the integration is done with SL in zbfSexLab.psc.

ArmbinderArrokBoobjob - Arrok, Sex, Dirty, Boobjob, Breast, LeadIn, Armbinder

BothArmbinderLesbian - Arrok, Lesbian, Oral, Vaginal, Bound, SubSub, Armbinder

ArmbinderLesbian - Arrok, Lesbian, Oral, Vaginal, Bound, DomSub, Armbinder

BothBoundLesbian - Arrok, Lesbian, Oral, Vaginal, Bound, SubSub

BoundLesbian - Arrok, Lesbian, Oral, Vaginal, Bound, DomSub

ArmbinderSkullFuck - AP, Straight, Blowjob, Oral, Bound, DomSub, Armbinder

BoundSkullFuck - AP, Straight, Blowjob, Oral, Bound, DomSub

ArmbinderMissionary - Missionary, Laying, Vaginal, Bound, DomSub, Armbinder

BoundMissionary - Missionary, Laying, Vaginal, Bound, DomSub

The animations are not reliant on DD in any way, they're just designed with those in mind. All of them appear in SexLab's normal animation list, generally playing as vaginal animations using stock descriptions.

I'll be using the unique IDs, like foreplay and group, they frequently bear little resemblance to each other.

Zaz' animation pack also includes a ton of other animations, like struggling and furniture animations, which do not add themselves to SexLab's animation registry. These are not currently supported, and are dependant on other mods to trigger them.

At this point, I plan to greatly refining the existing db, ideally having the majority of the animations with their own files to better describe what's going on and moving away from generic files. Honestly, I've been wanting to use descriptions mentioning stuff like 'spread eagle', 'on all fours', and 'from behind' for ages, it just wasn't really possible. This will obviously take time, and my priority will be the animations that most greatly break the norm.

3rd person will also be overhauled later to more smoothly work as both '3rd person PC' and '1st/2nd person PC watching NPC', having different messages from 1st & 2nd. This should also greatly speed up future updates since it's 3rd person that takes the longest. Right now I'm just converting a small selection for each file so that 3rd person works at a basic level.

Can I get clarification on the end result of file structure, and a copy of the 'master' file that identifies which animations get this treatement?

Last time we spoke, we had:

folders -

Apropos > db > FemaleActor_ZynRoughStanding

Inside the folder, the following files -

ZynRoughStanding.txt

ZynRoughStanding_Orgasm.txt

ZynRoughStanding_Rape.txt

ZynRoughStanding_Rape_Orgasm.txt

ZynRoughStanding_Rape_Stage2.txt

etc etc

The files of course use exactly the same structure as the rest, right?

The animations are not reliant on DD in any way, they're just designed with those in mind. All of them appear in SexLab's normal animation list, generally playing as vaginal animations using stock descriptions.

I'll be using the unique IDs, like foreplay and group, they frequently bear little resemblance to each other.

Zaz' animation pack also includes a ton of other animations, like struggling and furniture animations, which do not add themselves to SexLab's animation registry. These are not currently supported, and are dependant on other mods to trigger them.

At this point, I plan to greatly refining the existing db, ideally having the majority of the animations with their own files to better describe what's going on and moving away from generic files. Honestly, I've been wanting to use descriptions mentioning stuff like 'spread eagle', 'on all fours', and 'from behind' for ages, it just wasn't really possible. This will obviously take time, and my priority will be the animations that most greatly break the norm.

3rd person will also be overhauled later to more smoothly work as both '3rd person PC' and '1st/2nd person PC watching NPC', having different messages from 1st & 2nd. This should also greatly speed up future updates since it's 3rd person that takes the longest. Right now I'm just converting a small selection for each file so that 3rd person works at a basic level.

Can I get clarification on the end result of file structure, and a copy of the 'master' file that identifies which animations get this treatement?

Last time we spoke, we had:

folders -

Apropos > db > FemaleActor_ZynRoughStanding

Inside the folder, the following files -

ZynRoughStanding.txt

ZynRoughStanding_Orgasm.txt

ZynRoughStanding_Rape.txt

ZynRoughStanding_Rape_Orgasm.txt

ZynRoughStanding_Rape_Stage2.txt

etc etc

The files of course use exactly the same structure as the rest, right?

UniqueAnimations.txt

{
    "ArrokCowgirl" : true,
    "ArrokReverseCowgirl" : true,
    "RieklingTest": true
}

To disable an animation, just remove the line, or set true=>false (the latter technique allows you to keep the entry without it actually being active).

Your description of the file structure above is correct.

Thank you.

What names should I go with? The names they appear as in SexLab's MCM, or the names they appear as in the console?

Many are the same, but some are different, for example Pillory Sex Alt (MCM) or $ZazAP_PillorySex02 (console). Some have more minor changes.

Oh, also, there are two sets of Riekling animations. No idea if they're now in SexLab as well as MNC, or if MNC duplicates them.

The first set is RieklingTest and RieklingDouble, the other is Missionary and Threeway. The first two still have no tags, the second two have vaginal tags. No idea if this is an oversight and will get corrected, or if it's deliberate, so I'd be hesitant to add Anal tags to the 'spare' set incase we create files and have the animations removed.

Thank you.

What names should I go with? The names they appear as in SexLab's MCM, or the names they appear as in the console?

Many are the same, but some are different, for example Pillory Sex Alt (MCM) or $ZazAP_PillorySex02 (console). Some have more minor changes.

The names are critical. it has to be the Registrar not the name. The Registrar is a name that uniquely identifies the animation internally in SL. Basically a unique ID that is not user-friendly.

You are probably used to names like "Falmer (Holding)". That form is a user-friendly display name. We need the Registrar instead. So "FalmerHolding" instead of "Falmer (Holding)".

The current code for Apropos now spits out the Registrar as well as the more familiar name in the Apropos0.log file. It might be easier to identify the Registrar once you have the latest release of Apropos.

Example:

Animation: '(Horse) Groping' ('HorseGroping') (Panicforever,Creature,Bestiality,Groping,Fondling,Horse,Oral,FC)

I'm crossing my fingers to have that out sometime tomorrow. 

Just a thought about the unique animations. Will they trigger during FF? For example, if ZynRoughStanding is started with 2 chicks, will the unique message kick in just because of the animation rather than 'defaulting' to nothing? I hope not, it'd be really hard to write a txt file without using gender pronouns or mentioning cum...

Hi gooser,

Thank you for working on this wonderful mod. The narrative adds the needed drama to the sex scenes esp. in the case of rape (imo). I have a question though: I currently have the ff installed

Apropose Beta 2014_06_18.1

SexLab Framework v1.59b

SexLab Cumshot

SexLab Aroused v20140124

SexLab PayCrime v 1.03

SexLab HentaiPregnancy

HentaiPregnancy plugin Children+Soulgem

SexLab Aroused Creatures

Hentai Creatures

Creature Features

Dangerous Nights 1.41

SexLab Solutions v2.014 

TDF Agressive prostitution v1.8.6.1b

Defeat v.5b3.3fixed 

FNIS

My setting for sexlab: auto-advance stages 

(Please don't judge me XD)

Apropos seems to work fine in describing Stage 1 and the ending stage (orgasm stage) but the stages in between do not have the descriptions.

I let BOSS sort my load order.

Is there something I can do to fix this? I do not suffer from CTD nor get my character stuck with all these mods together.

I highly appreciate any help you can give me. 

Thank you.

Kind regards,

egdethor111

Hi gooser,

Thank you for working on this wonderful mod. The narrative adds the needed drama to the sex scenes esp. in the case of rape (imo). I have a question though: I currently have the ff installed

Apropose Beta 2014_06_18.1

SexLab Framework v1.59b

SexLab Cumshot

SexLab Aroused v20140124

SexLab PayCrime v 1.03

SexLab HentaiPregnancy

HentaiPregnancy plugin Children+Soulgem

SexLab Aroused Creatures

Hentai Creatures

Creature Features

Dangerous Nights 1.41

SexLab Solutions v2.014 

TDF Agressive prostitution v1.8.6.1b

Defeat v.5b3.3fixed 

FNIS

My setting for sexlab: auto-advance stages 

(Please don't judge me XD)

Apropos seems to work fine in describing Stage 1 and the ending stage (orgasm stage) but the stages in between do not have the descriptions.

I let BOSS sort my load order.

Is there something I can do to fix this? I do not suffer from CTD nor get my character stuck with all these mods together.

I highly appreciate any help you can give me. 

Thank you.

Kind regards,

egdethor111

This is not the support thread. This thread is for ongoing development and feature requests.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/818-apropos/

You probably don't see the stages in between because your db doesn't contain them. Redirect your question, with additional information, on the above thread. Include : what sexual partners/types and what db you are using beside the one included in the mod, if any at all.

Decauk,

Just a note about W&T "changed" messages (Increased, Decreased).

I have put logic into Apropos that will delay those messages, potentially several minutes. It depends upon if the actor is

- In active Combat

- Actively searching for combatants ("red dots" in hud)

- Currently animating in SL

If any of these is true, no W&T should display, but will rather cause the messages be rescheduled to appear a random time between 5-10 minutes afterwards.

You should consider this when authoring the "changed" messages - i've seen too  many that are contextually "close" in time to a recent sex act. Some are created in such a way that sex has just finished (the monster pulls its penis out of your distended ass, covered with ... ). 

The "changed" messages should really about how that part of the body is doing irrespective of what was the last sex event. It would be strange to get a W&T changed message mentioning the PC's ass when she just finished vaginal sex with a secondary partner...

Hey Gooser, 

I noticed in the new update, it says: add support for stages 6 and 7. 

Does that mean they aren't fully implemented yet? I've created some test texts, but those stages don't seem to be firing, even though I have them selected in the MCM menu.

Cheers,
M

Hey Gooser, 

I noticed in the new update, it says: add support for stages 6 and 7. 

Does that mean they aren't fully implemented yet? I've created some test texts, but those stages don't seem to be firing, even though I have them selected in the MCM menu.

Cheers,

M

Yes, I failed to update a small piece of code that gates the processing of 6 and 7. Fixed and will be in next release (today or tomorrow)

Also... and excuse me for not using the troubleshooting thread, but I sometimes get a reference to a text file, but with no actual text in it. By using Estelle's utility, it shows no text what so ever and the text reader reads off my PC name and nothing else. When I use the utility to find the matching text, it references every text file in the db, and I mean every file, some 521 references, which makes no sense. So I don't know if there is a call being sent out from apropos that is just giving an actor value. Maybe the line of script got inadvertently messed up.

Cheers,
M